If you are going to just let people buy the Ewok...

TheBBP

...and surpass any requirement to earn it. At least give us two different styes of the Ewok.

A basic one for those who purchase it and one that looks a bit more tricked out (however you would trick an Ewok out) perhaps with different fur color and pattern and different gear so that we can tell who actually worked for theirs.

That way everyone gets what they want. Folks can buy one, and those of us who have earned the Legacy Levels to get her can have our trophy companion.

Edited by TheBBP

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what "working for it" means. I have 8 million credits and legacy level 44. I did all that before I knew there was going to be an Ewok companion put into the game. I didn't "work" at getting the legacy and credits necessary for purchasing this new companion. I've just played as I wanted since early access and the money and the legacy levels are a naturally occurring thing.

The only way your "people should work for this companion" argument has any leg to stand on is if Bioware is going to remove everyone's credits and legacy levels when they release the companion.

If that happens and everyone has the choice to work at earning the credits and legacy or bypassing the whole thing and using CC, then yes, you "work for it" siders have a point.

But that's not going to happen. I can walk up to the vendor and buy Twerk or whatever her name is just as fast as someone else can press Buy It in the Cartel Market.

I'm not going to because I think it's a stupid companion, but that's a whole different argument.

Makes sense. But come on, where be that epic questline which every companion we have so far had before we got them?

Tweek shouldn't be any different.

This I think we all should agree upon.

I wouldn't like something identical to HK-51 quest, which got easier every time I did it but something story driven would be far more interesting and compelling than reaching a vendor, paying 1 million credits and there, take a new companion home like some vanity item.

I'd say at this point, the "I wanna be the only special Ewok buddy!" threads have reached critical troll mass.

Care to elaborate how you extracted that from my post? Does my request not have an option for the instant gratification and easy-mode folks?

There is a story quest line you get after you get her.

Yes, and so does every other comp.

I was talking about a quest line en route to getting her, like every other comp. Make the quest require Legacy 40 and an item which costs 1,000,000 credits or X amount of CC for the privilege to speak to the 'Woks. And then on completion, the toon that did the quest gets Treek, and unlocks the ability for all alts in the Legacy to buy Treek without doing the quest again using credits or CC.

Edited by MeisterBabylon

...and surpass any requirement to earn it. At least give us two different styes of the Ewok.

A basic one for those who purchase it and one that looks a bit more tricked out (however you would trick an Ewok out) perhaps with different fur color and pattern and different gear so that we can tell who actually worked for theirs.

That way everyone gets what they want. Folks can buy one, and those of us who have earned the Legacy Levels to get her can have our trophy companion.

You sayin' i didnt "earn" my ewok buddy by working my butt off at work earning real cash instead of playing the game at every waking moment?

Who says that the Cartel coin option doesn't still require legacy level 40 to purchase the companion? BW never said that there would be no legacy level requirement for that option. Why are some of you people just assuming that and spazzing out about this? Most of the legacy perks have an option to use credits or coins but still have the same legacy level requirement.

Who says that the Cartel coin option doesn't still require legacy level 40 to purchase the companion? BW never said that there would be no legacy level requirement for that option. Why are some of you people just assuming that and spazzing out about this? Most of the legacy perks have an option to use credits or coins but still have the same legacy level requirement.

I hope you're right Jim.

You sayin' i didnt "earn" my ewok buddy by working my butt off at work earning real cash instead of playing the game at every waking moment?

You are assuming that the game needs to be played every waking moment to meet the requirement. You are also ignoring the fact that my idea leaves you an option to spend your hard-earned cash for an Ewok pet. Thanks for the injection of drama in this thread though.

Hopefully.

The quest would make very little sense imo, Treek is a mercenary, mercenaries work for those who pay them (as evidenced on Makeb). She already is a mercenary, has been for some time. You are not helping her get off Endor or anything like that.

HK51 is a droid, droids usually follow whomever activates them or whatever their loyalty chip tells them to.

Just give Legacy 40 Subs a panda markings customization for the Ewok! :D

THEN and only then, will I buy Treek.... I really hate ewoks lol, Jawa's on the other hand or more droids i'd spend lots on :D

(of course if they add more droids they need to fix the issue's concerning droid gearing....)

Oh that's cute. You actually believe that HK units have loyalty chips.

*jerks thumb at you*

This guy.

:p

You do collect loyalty chip, and HK eventually proclaims that he is locking his loyalty chip only to you.