WTB Advanced Class respec.

Kodokai

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even gonna read anything past first post. You choose the advanced class. That is a big choice. You SHOULD NOT be able to change. OMG WOW COMPARISON INCOMING! My main was a DK, I got bored and decided I wanted to control the elements. why me no have option to switch my DK to a shammy?!?!?!

Well, that's absolutely idiotic. I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to have people willy nilly change their AC but you shouldn't be stuck with something you chose willingly only to find later that its not what you thought it was. Make it a one time change, make it a huge expense or a once every few weeks type of ability, but don't preach about "choice" when you are forced to make an uninformed decision...

Edited by SlickDevlan

Well, that's absolutely idiotic. I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to have people willy nilly change their AC but you shouldn't be stuck with something you chose willingly only to find later that its not what you thought it was. Make it a one time change, make it a huge expense or a once every few weeks type of ability, but don't preach about "choice" when you are forced to make an uninformed decision...

Im actually loving marauder atm but it'd improve the gameplay of so many people not to mention my own if i tank.

Not even gonna read anything past first post. You choose the advanced class. That is a big choice. You SHOULD NOT be able to change. OMG WOW COMPARISON INCOMING! My main was a DK, I got bored and decided I wanted to control the elements. why me no have option to switch my DK to a shammy?!?!?!

Wow, these statements of people comparing not only "WoW" but the whole "DK > Shaman" It has to be the most thickest statement ive ever witnessed, the only MAJOR different between the ACs is Assassin > Sorc, you could argue that Ops/Sniper but thats mild.

Just to think that these people who keep comparing wow are most likely the same ones tanking my heroics/flashpoints.

Great.

Edited by Kodokai

Doesn't each one say what roles you can play? Yes, yes it does.

Im actually loving marauder atm but it'd improve the gameplay of so many people not to mention my own if i tank.

Wow, these statements of people comparing not only "WoW" but the whole "DK > Shaman" It has to be the most thickest statement ive ever witnessed, the only MAJOR different between the ACs is Assassin > Sorc, you could argue that Ops/Sniper but thats mild.

Just to think that these people who keep comparing wow are most likely the same ones tanking my heroics/flashpoints.

Great.

What can I see, we each have our own opinions. I feel advanced classes are classes within themselves. So switching from a warrior to a mage is equivalent to switching from a gunslinger to a scoundrel (I'm a smuggler)

It's just how I feel

First off, when you PuG you take the good with the bad. Thats been a given in just about every MMO there is. If you don't like the varying skill levels in PuG groups then don't PuG.

Secondly, you want to re-choose your AC because no-one tanks good enough for you. So lets say you get your AC re-spec and you switch to tank but then all of a sudden no-one heals good enough for you... Its a continuous downward cycle, all of which can easily be resolved by not PuGging.

I really hate it when people demand technical fixes to social problems.

Oh yeah, because "tanking" or "damage" totally encapsulates the entire play style...

I'll assume that you buy cars with only "sedan" and "truck" as information.

Actually, from what I remember at level 10, there is a good amount of information for each Advanced Class' playstyle and roles. Plus there is a lot of information on this website and forums.

If people took the time to read things and do even minimal research, I'm sure they'd find themselves less disappointed as often.

-Stan

Actually, from what I remember at level 10, there is a good amount of information for each Advanced Class' playstyle and roles. Plus there is a lot of information on this website and forums.

If people took the time to read things and do even minimal research, I'm sure they'd find themselves less disappointed as often.

-Stan

He's completly right. When I hit lvl 10 on my Sith inq I had the 2 choices of assassin or sorc. I took the time to read what each one did the roles they could fill and looked at each of the tal trees. Then decided I didn't wanna be a healer so sorc was out, then decided mag I don't wanna be a caster so again sorc was out. What did that leave me with, the other tree that had melee dps and tank trees both what i was looking for.

No other mmo let's you go from one class to another. You can't wake up one day and say hey I want my undead mage to be an unread warrior you can't say hey I want my monk to be an assassin or you know how about my rogue I think ill make it a barbarian (wow gw and aoc). You can switch your talent trees just like all other mmos.

If you are dumb enough to not read what you re picking you are dumb enough to have to reroll .

Oh yeah I'm also psure that legacey is going to allow you to help lvl alts in some way its just not imped yet

WTB Advanced Class respec, having to deal with pug tanks has shaked my will to live. Feels like "WOW" all over again. So yeh give me the ability to pay a large sum of credits to change, heck i'll even part with my 100k to stop these painful experiences.

Inb4 level to 38 again.

First off. The game shows you what talent trees each advanced classes have. The game clearly tells you that the Juggernaut can tank and dps, while the marauder can only dps. Since you've clearly played other MMOs where there are a lot of baddie tanks and healers, you should have realized that it would be wiser to roll an AC that has the option to tank or dps, not just to dps.

I hate baddies myself and have had too many awful experiences with terribad tanks and fail healers. Hence I rolled a Guardian, so I could tank and if I felt like it switch talents to dps. My first alt is a Commando so I could heal or dps depending on talents.

Since you clearly think you're super awesome, you should have used that super awesomeness to wisely pick your ACs since the game clearly tells you that you CANNOT change it.

Oh and PUGs are PUGs. If you don't want to play with bads, don't PUG.

Edited by Smashbrother

I hate baddies myself and have had too many awful experiences with terribad tanks and fail healers.

This made me laugh....

I am totally new to mmo's as of this last week. I had never heard of a "tank" or "aggro" before.... but I think I am learning fairly well. The game has been out 24 hours. Of course there are going to be, (ahem...trying not to laugh at this ridiculous language) "terribad" tanks, and "fail" healers.

In all honesty, I think I am picking up the basics of mmo strategy faster than I am picking up the little kid language. "I hate baddies myself and have had too many awful experiences with terribad tanks and fail healers." - Wow.... just wow.

Get over it and play the game. It's day 2..... give people some time to get into a groove. Everything is so... "the end of the world" for everyone. Just have fun.... and for godsakes, take a break every once in awhile and go outside. Visit with family and friends. Expand your horizons....just a little bit? Please?

Are you sure you are not one of those players who expect the tank to have instant aggro on every mob he looks at? Becouse I had a very good run yesterday, didn't lose aggro even once and the secret? Well... they gave me a whopping 2 seconds before they charged in after me and all hit the same mob. (I know, it's a crazy concept.)

Anyway: there are a lot of people who are very new to MMORPG's. Have some patience with them. Especially when they pick healers or tanks. It's a lot harder to screw up as a dps then as a tank or healer.

This made me laugh....

I am totally new to mmo's as of this last week. I had never heard of a "tank" or "aggro" before.... but I think I am learning fairly well. The game has been out 24 hours. Of course there are going to be, (ahem...trying not to laugh at this ridiculous language) "terribad" tanks, and "fail" healers.

In all honesty, I think I am picking up the basics of mmo strategy faster than I am picking up the little kid language. "I hate baddies myself and have had too many awful experiences with terribad tanks and fail healers." - Wow.... just wow.

Get over it and play the game. It's day 2..... give people some time to get into a groove. Everything is so... "the end of the world" for everyone. Just have fun.... and for godsakes, take a break every once in awhile and go outside. Visit with family and friends. Expand your horizons....just a little bit? Please?

No one likes playing with terrible players in any competitive game. Ironic that you call me out for insulting players, yet you do the same by referring to my slang as "little kid language", not to mention that you assume I don't get out much or visit family and friends. Get off your high horse.

And instead of coming to the forums whining about it, I actually did something about my situation by rolling a tank and a healer.

Edited by Smashbrother

Are you sure you are not one of those players who expect the tank to have instant aggro on every mob he looks at? Becouse I had a very good run yesterday, didn't lose aggro even once and the secret? Well... they gave me a whopping 2 seconds before they charged in after me and all hit the same mob. (I know, it's a crazy concept.)

Anyway: there are a lot of people who are very new to MMORPG's. Have some patience with them. Especially when they pick healers or tanks. It's a lot harder to screw up as a dps then as a tank or healer.

OMG so true!!!

Most of the time those that do the most ************ that a tank sucks are the ones that can't stand still longer that 2 secs. Soon as we hit the target once, here they come in trying to use all of their cooldowns in one attack to keep that dps meter showing them that their number 1!!!!!1111111111111 LOL

Edited by IHIavok

Do trolls even try anymore? Ban this troll Mod...

I don't think OP is trolling, however his approach is wrong. I do tend to agree with you th OP, some people are good at things, and some people aren't... BUT, you (we) play a game that in it's essence attracts a large array of diverse people. "large" and "diversity" tend to have a negative impact on the level of competitive/skilled gamers your gonna find. So while your frustration is understandable... *** u gonna do about it? Same thing we all have to, deal.

Sometimes it's not the tank...sometimes its the others in your group. Sometimes it is the tank. W/o being there and seeing what they were doing, Can't say for sure. Having played a tank in all the prev MMO's I've ran, yea I sit back on my Sorc and check out how ppl are tanking. Doesnt make me better..but if thier doing something wrong, sure they should be educated.

That pull isnt easy, if it's the one I think it is (the 4 elites). The one pair should be taken by the tank, or CC'd (they were able to in beta), while everyone else focuses on the healer jedi, then the warrior jedi. It's easy to wipe once, but after that, there's no excuse.

That being said...I wouldn't have a problem with ppl being able to switch AC should they desire to do so, but at a high cost, maybe even faction points too.