The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I use PVE to max my stats for pvp

Individual

Is this wrong? I figure if Bioware didn't want us to do this, they wouldn't of put it in the game.

Personally, I don't really care, as long as that optimization doesn't push your stats too far ahead or overpoweringly superor to my own PvP gear.

Cunning 2977

Bonus Tech Dmg: 1347

30k Health

Expertise: 1950 give or take a few.

That is beyond stupid...If anything bolster should have the reverse effect on pve gear. It should lower stats on them while giving expertise.

post a screenshot pls

Yes please do. Honestly it will probably be higher stats in everything except the expertise. 68 drop in expertise is not something to laugh at but it gets complicated with the calculator to figure out.

When you post a screenshot please include the mouseover of an ability that shows the damage in a warzone

Actually, I changed my mind.... But I was a tad off my Expertise. It's actually 1920 something. Still worth it in my opinion. Only have 4 pieces of Conq gear too. I am awesome!!! Even some of my Conq pieces I do have might be min / maxed with Partisine gear.

SS on fleet:

http://imageshack.us/f/580/nac1.jpg/

SS in Warzone

http://imageshack.us/f/585/uat8.jpg/

Edited by Individual

I don't look at it in terms of PVP vs PVE. I think of it more as in what's best in slot at the time being. If Bioware is going to keep Bolster, then everyone just needs to accept it and look for the BIS. As stated before, if Bioware didn't want us to do this, it wouldn't be in the game. Since it is though, I'm going to keep doing it.

Cunning 2977

Bonus Tech Dmg: 1347

30k Health

Expertise: 1950 give or take a few.

Sage (full Conq + matrix cube):

2018 expertise

1368 bonus damage

30 300'ish HP

So while I wouldnt say that PvE gear necessarily is better at that level it's definitely making the transition smoother, which I'm not sure was intended, while rendering Partisan moot. They need to nerf expertise on PvE gear so that it's only giving people half of the PvP item value. I mean, it doesnt make sense to have a PvP gear grind if it's not going to be worth it.

Edited by MidichIorian

Sage (full Conq + matrix cube):

2018 expertise

1368 bonus damage

30 300'ish HP

So while I wouldnt say that PvE gear necessarily is better at that level it's definitely making the transition smoother, which I'm not sure was intended, while rendering Partisan moot. They need to nerf expertise on PvE gear so that it's only giving people half of the PvP item value. I mean, it doesnt make sense to have a PvP gear grind if it's not going to be worth it.

And your crit chance? I can get more bonus dmg if I went all power. I could probably get 1400 if I tried hard enough. I need some crit and accuracy on my sniper though. Sad times.

And your crit chance? I can get more bonus dmg if I went all power. I could probably get 1400 if I tried hard enough. I need some crit and accuracy on my sniper though. Sad times.
Like 18-19 % or something as dps. I can squeeze out more bonus damage but I'd have to start using power augs instead. It would probably not give me more than an additional 10 though.

I have the same stats with full min/maxed conqueror gear ... are you full PvE?

Nope. I have 4 pieces of Conq. The Conq pieces I have are also min / maxed with a Partisine piece at the very least. When I get a few pieces, I'll probably be higher.