Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest. I'm pretty disappointed.

Not that I don't appreciate the CC. I do. I just thought subscriber appreciation would be a bit more intimate. We're like in a loveless marriage, at least it feels like that. I think BW is just working so hard, they think they are saying they love us, but it doesn't mean anything.

How was it "working hard" to give away cartel coins and create a few lines of text in the game for a title? Explain where the "hard word" was. I honestly see NO hard work coming from Bioware since FTP hit.

How was it "working hard" to give away cartel coins and create a few lines of text in the game for a title? Explain where the "hard word" was. I honestly see NO hard work coming from Bioware since FTP hit.

You need to look, then. That's a lie. Every snobbish subscriber out there uses it as a way to demean F2P players but, I repeat, it's a lie.

Unless you work there you have ABSOLUTELY no idea how hard the work is that they are doing.

To be fair you might be generalizing, but I think your just finding a way to insult the recent additions to the game. It's a silly way to go about it IMO.

You need to look, then. That's a lie. Every snobbish subscriber out there uses it as a way to demean F2P players but, I repeat, it's a lie.

You really honestly think that a few lines of text in the code of the game to make a new title and giving 500cc away is really HARD WORK???? You have got to be kidding me....:eek:

Unless you work there you have ABSOLUTELY no idea how hard the work is that they are doing.

To be fair you might be generalizing, but I think your just finding a way to insult the recent additions to the game. It's a silly way to go about it IMO.

I am NOT generalizing. The end product speaks for itself. I don't need to work there, i see the result when it is "released" in patches. And most patches these days just break something more. I see absolutely zero hard work coming from Bioware on this game anymore.

I am not insulting, I am saying something that is utterly clear and obvious. I wont set here and debate blinded fanboys either. Because you people would think bantha poodo emotes would be a great way to reward subscribers. You guys would eat up ANYTHING Bioware throws at you. Your unable to have constructive critical thinking. I see it every single day on the forums, and in gen chat in the game. You are blinded by this psychotic "devotion" to a product.

Just because it exists does not mean it is good.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I honestly see NO hard work coming from Bioware since FTP hit.

You really honestly think that a few lines of text in the code of the game to make a new title and giving 500cc away is really HARD WORK???? You have got to be kidding me....:eek:

Would you mind replying to what I said, and not what you wish I had?

You guys would eat up ANYTHING Bioware throws at you.

A life skill you clearly haven't learned yet. Those of us who had the chance to test Free to Play on the PTS will likely never choose it. I think you're forgetting just how many limitations there are. You can't use titles. You can't wear purple gear. You can't unify gear colors. You gain reduced XP. You have chat restrictions. You can't create a ticket. You can't even post on these forums.

They gave us a month's worth of Cartel Coins, and they're going to do something again at the end of the month. The least it could be is another 500 CC. I have yet to find anyone who doesn't like free Cartel Coins.

The phrase "Subscriber Appreciation" could be translated two ways. Bioware showing appreciation for subscribers. Which they did. The other way you could read it is the subscribers showing appreciation. Appreciation for the nice little bonus they were given.

:csw_vader: I find your lack of gratitude disturbing :csw_vader:

then i suppose we can at least agree i do not know that my statement was patently false

doesn't the cartel market break, our at least somewhat devalue, the in-game gtn? i obviously don't have as much time to invest in this game as you (based on the 28 characters remarks), so i've dabbled with gtn values but not enough to get a good hold of it. what i do know is that bioware 'magics' resources into existence through the cartel market. that means stuff of value is not created through player investment in time or in-game mechanics. instead, resources are introduced into the gtn by spending real-life money. this is sort of like removing the gold backing of paper dollars, except a hell of a lot more unstable since it's a video game. if you and i were to 'compete' in the 'gtn game,' with me spending rl money and you not spending rl money, i would have a considerable advantage. not only that, but depending on how much rl money i spent, i would be establishing the prices of stuff on the gtn and ultimately dictating how much you could make.

you can create wealth, as i understand it, from sending your companions on resources missions, so maybe you're suggesting that's what you do. i don't think those resources are available through the cartel market, so that should not be as affected (except through inflation).

I haven't seen the cartel market devalue the ingame GTN. Remember that is one player's perspective on one server.

Yes, the CM bags do create some of the things I sell on GTN; however, they don't create nearly enough to impact my playing of the GTN. Other things have had much greater impact. For example, the Gree event always crushes prices on their level of scavenging materials.

Would you mind replying to what I said, and not what you wish I had?

A life skill you clearly haven't learned yet. Those of us who had the chance to test Free to Play on the PTS will likely never choose it. I think you're forgetting just how many limitations there are. You can't use titles. You can't wear purple gear. You can't unify gear colors. You gain reduced XP. You have chat restrictions. You can't create a ticket. You can't even post on these forums.

They gave us a month's worth of Cartel Coins, and they're going to do something again at the end of the month. The least it could be is another 500 CC. I have yet to find anyone who doesn't like free Cartel Coins.

The phrase "Subscriber Appreciation" could be translated two ways. Bioware showing appreciation for subscribers. Which they did. The other way you could read it is the subscribers showing appreciation. Appreciation for the nice little bonus they were given.

I don't like free cartel coins. I have no use for them. I don't like junk mail either, but the post office keeps delivering it.

I show appreciation in the form of $15 per month leaving my bank account and going into EA's. If and when EA does something that shows me they put one iota of thought and effort into a "subscriber appreciation" gift, then I'll consider showing appreciation for that gift.

Edited by DarthTHC

I haven't seen the cartel market devalue the ingame GTN. Remember that is one player's perspective on one server.

Yes, the CM bags do create some of the things I sell on GTN; however, they don't create nearly enough to impact my playing of the GTN. Other things have had much greater impact. For example, the Gree event always crushes prices on their level of scavenging materials.

i suppose it's more of an economic theory then. introducing cartel coins as an alternate form of currency, which can be converted to credits by selling stuff on the gtn at an exchange rate that's essentially based on how many credits people want to spend on stuff, essentially changes the value of a credit. introducing cartel armors and crystals and such changes the value of in-game armors and crystals.

if you were to say the gtn, or the in-game economy as a whole, should be based on in-game resources and time spent in-game, then the cartel market breaks that. the value of currency, and also in-game inflation, isn't based soley on in-game resources, it's based on a blend of in-game resources and rl money pumped through the cartel market. i don't know if bioware is managing the economy, but if they are, credit sinks aren't going to control inflation the way they otherwise would.

however, if you just want to buy and sell stuff on the gtn without thinking about it, you are right, the influence can generally be ignored. i think that's a matter of perspective, and your perspective is as correct as mine.

I'd just like to note that if you are a crafter of anything but end game crystals and mods, your items are worthless on the GTN because of all of the CM stuff. So, while the GTN itself may not be devalued a huge section of the previous market is. I used to be able to get upwards of 200k for a Drelliad Jacket. Now, I'm lucky if I can sell it for 5k. And that is true on all servers.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

I'd just like to note that if you are a crafter of anything but end game crystals and mods, your items are worthless on the GTN because of all of the CM stuff. So, while the GTN itself may not be devalued a huge section of the previous market is. I used to be able to get upwards of 200k for a Drelliad Jacket. Now, I'm lucky if I can sell it for 5k. And that is true on all servers.

Yep, the demand for crafted armor shells took a big hit once the Cartel Market came out. Now there are several new adaptable sets of armor coming out of the cartel market ever month. Some people do still want the occasional crafted piece because they genuinely want that look, but there are so many viable alternatives now available from the cartel market.

Would be nice if armor crafters could start making adaptive sets.

I think the 500CC was great. I did a little shopping and unlocked a few perks with what was left over. I'm not sure they even had to say "thank you" at all. The fact that they would give ME a gift just for playing is a complete and unexpected surprise.

So says shill #2. Where is #1?

Dude, really. While I appreciated the 500 CC "gift" I can still see how people would be upset with the whole lead up the devs gave us. They made us think it was going to be something really kool and exclusive to subscribers, like something we could display to others in-game to show that we were subscribers. Sorry, but an exclusive $5.00 gift card for their store is not as kool as they made what was coming sound. Freaking admit it already and stop being such a mindless fanbot!

Dude, really. While I appreciated the 500 CC "gift" I can still see how people would be upset with the whole lead up the devs gave us. They made us think it was going to be something really kool and exclusive to subscribers, like something we could display to others in-game to show that we were subscribers. Sorry, but an exclusive $5.00 gift card for their store is not as kool as they made what was coming sound. Freaking admit it already and stop being such a mindless fanbot!

You have your version... and I have mine. Don't like it? TOO BAD!

No, you worked it up in your mind it was going to be "kool." So what "kool" thing would you have suggested? Mind you, it would have had to please everyone, otherwise you're just saying "I wouldn't have cared if anyone else liked it, as long as I liked it."

No, you worked it up in your mind it was going to be "kool." So what "kool" thing would you have suggested? Mind you, it would have had to please everyone, otherwise you're just saying "I wouldn't have cared if anyone else liked it, as long as I liked it."

I already posted my idea in that other thread. Look it up.

Also, see the post just above yours. I didn't build up anything in my mind. I am just fine with the 500 CC gift, but I can see why it was a let down for others.

Edited by Blackavaar

That's quite an interesting statement since I sell a crapton of stuff on GTN every day and none of my crafters can do end game crystals or mods.

A life skill? What exactly is a "life skill" about accepting mediocrity? Maybe YOU enjoy mediocrity and half a**ed idea's, but not everyone does. Maybe YOU enjoy a lack of quality in your product, alot of people do not.

Faith? Even the mention of that just shows blindness. Faith doesn't make quality.

How exactly is throwing 500 cc at people any real appreciation? Where is the EFFORT? The hard work? It took someone a few min of text coding, and whalah....free Cartel Coins. How long a meeting do you think it took to come up with this "Subscriber Appreciation" idea? 1 min? And they hyped it up like it was a big thing and subscribers would really like it....it is NOT.

Sure, everyone wouldn't say no to free CC's. But it is the underlying principle here that has people upset. Something alot of gamers anymore don't understand because they eat up anything thrown at them like zombies. Just because it exists and Bioware did it...somehow it is gold? No. There is NO constructive critical thinking from people anymore. People seem unable to see the flaws.

So, as of today I have cancelled my sub. I will come back in a few months and see if anything improves. This is what Biowares little'"Appreciation" has finally drove me to. It's been building up for awhile now. The vast amount of bugs and glitches some of which go unfixed and are still not fixed months if not a year later (no other MMO has this amount of bugs and problems in my experience), the flat out horrible customer service, and lackluster and poor to flat out horrible majority of armor design, the reliance on nickle and diming with the addition of the Cartel Market and showing no real love to subscribers since FTP hit, etc, etc. I could go on. I am done for now.

Go try Guild Wars 2 for a month. You'll see great quality, good customer service, constant events and in game things going on, no nickle and diming,....all for NO MONTHLY CHARGE. You wont find that in SWTOR, and you pay a monthly fee.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Go try Guild Wars 2 for a month. You'll see great quality, good customer service, constant events and in game things going on, no nickle and diming,....all for NO MONTHLY CHARGE. You wont find that in SWTOR, and you pay a monthly fee.

Then leave. It's clear you don't enjoy this game, and your childish bickering is appreciated by no one. Your keyboard warrior skills are wasted on me. My point has been made. You chose to ignore it.

Edited by idnewton

Then leave. It's clear you don't enjoy this game, and your childish bickering is appreciated by no one. Your keyboard warrior skills are wasted on me. My point has been made. You chose to ignore it.

I haven't bickered with anyone.

So now it's "childish" to have opinions, criticism, and concerns about a game you paid for? How on earth was I being a keyboard warrior? :eek: I wasn't setting there trolling or insulting you sir.

I ignored nothing. Not a single thing. Where you are getting that is beyond me.

So, I guess it would be "childish" to buy a meal and tell the cook it was cooked poorly. Interesting.

Edited by DarthVengeant