Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

I haven't bickered with anyone.

So now it's "childish" to have opinions, criticism, and concerns about a game you paid for? How on earth was I being a keyboard warrior? :eek: I wasn't setting there trolling or insulting you sir.

I ignored nothing. Not a single thing. Where you are getting that is beyond me.

So, I guess it would be "childish" to buy a meal and tell the cook it was cooked poorly. Interesting.

If you were displeased with a meal, then proceeded to be insulted at a free dessert, I'd classify that behavior more in the realm of douchey, more so than childish.

I'm thankful for the Cartel Coins. I can't even wrap my head around the entitlement going on in this thread.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were displeased with a meal, then proceeded to be insulted at a free dessert, I'd classify that behavior more in the realm of douchey, more so than childish.

I'm thankful for the Cartel Coins. I can't even wrap my head around the entitlement going on in this thread.

There are two points you seem to be missing:

I will use your meal-example to explain:

If you were displeased with an oversalted meal and explain it to the cook, then it is understandable to feel insulted if you get halve a cup of salt as a free dessert. Even if it is good sea salt available with some spices in it.

Many many subscribers weren't/aren't happy with all the CM stuff coming out without any content. The CM-Patch was the oversalted meal.

Then there was the announcement from BW, that they will do something great to show appreciation for the subscribers. They didn't give any details, they made it a big secret and told everyone that some sub-appreciation was coming!

Then you get the "cup of sea salt e-mail".

The problem ist for one, the people complaining about too much CM-Stuff and too little content get coins for the stuff they do not like. And for the other, it would have been better from BW to either say nothing about the plans and send a "Surprise! Here are 500 CCs as a gift" e-mail, or they should have anounced their plans for a CC gift clearly. But this way, they raised expectations and disappointed many people.

I do like the coins, I already put a lot of them to use. To stay with the analogy of the meal: I took home the cup of salt and use it a pinch at a time ;)

Exactly, you can't comprehend the fact people have different opinions than you, so you resort to calling them "entitled".

Let me guess, new end game stuff from Makeb?

:cool:

You said this:

I'd just like to note that if you are a crafter of anything but end game crystals and mods, your items are worthless on the GTN because of all of the CM stuff.

I responded that I sell plenty of stuff that's not endgame crystals and mods, refuting your claim.

Can't handle a truth refuting your assertion?

Exactly, you can't comprehend the fact people have different opinions than you, so you resort to calling them "entitled".

Ungrateful is a more appropriate term. These are the same people who would receive a gift from a friend or relative, make a stinkface, and then ask for the receipt so they can exchange it.

Ungrateful is a more appropriate term. These are the same people who would receive a gift from a friend or relative, make a stinkface, and then ask for the receipt so they can exchange it.

That doesn't work, only because you are not paying a monthly fee to have family members. It's not ungrateful, we don't have to be grateful for anything since we are the consumers of this product. Do or do not, there is no try.

I feel let down by this whole thing, I have spent serious cash on this game, and like some others I have just cancelled my sub. I will put those 500CC to good use, to help buy unlocks when I go to preffered. Thanks Bioware.

That doesn't work, only because you are not paying a monthly fee to have family members. It's not ungrateful, we don't have to be grateful for anything since we are the consumers of this product. Do or do not, there is no try.

I feel let down by this whole thing, I have spent serious cash on this game, and like some others I have just cancelled my sub. I will put those 500CC to good use, to help buy unlocks when I go to preffered. Thanks Bioware.

This is the attitude that I don't understand. We pay (or in your case, paid) BW for access to the game and the game features. If they choose to give us anything above and beyond the agreed-upon terms, then that is fantastic... but not "expected." The proper thing to do is to say, "thank you," whether it was what you expected or not.

Say I go to a store's grand opening and they've advertised an "special gift" for the first 50 customers. When I get there, they thank me for coming out to support their store and hand me a coupon for 30% off of an item purchased. Should I throw it back in their face, call them lazy, and stamp my feet as I walk out of the store? No, I say, "thank you," and go find something to buy because I enjoy shopping at that store and they have good products.

***EDIT***

And if I don't find anything to buy that day, I take my coupon and go home. Maybe I'll use it next time I go to that store.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

How exactly is throwing 500 cc at people any real appreciation? Where is the EFFORT? The hard work? It took someone a few min of text coding, and whalah....free Cartel Coins. How long a meeting do you think it took to come up with this "Subscriber Appreciation" idea? 1 min? And they hyped it up like it was a big thing and subscribers would really like it....it is NOT.

So your level of appreciation for a git is determined by how much effort went into it? If your SO bought you a $5 trinket s/he happened to see on a street vendor's cart just outside your home, and you were able to observe the transaction (noting that it took 30 seconds), upon being presented with it your feelings (whether you express them openly or not) would be along the lines of "This is rubbish! $5 and 30 seconds? Where's the effort?"

Edited by branmakmuffin

So your level of appreciation for a git is determined by how much effort went into it? If your SO bought you a $5 trinket s/he happened to see on a street vendor's cart just outside your home, and you were able to observe the transaction (noting that it took 30 seconds), upon being presented with it your feelings (whether you express them openly or not) would be along the lines of "This is rubbish! $5 and 30 seconds? Where's the effort?"

The problem here is that BWEA hyped the gift. When someone hypes a gift to me, they're setting the expectation that they've put some thought and effort into it.

If they subsequently give me a gift card, which is essentially what BWEA did, yeah, it's nice to have the gift card but why did you hype that? It's hardly compelling.

This is the attitude that I don't understand. We pay (or in your case, paid) BW for access to the game and the game features. If they choose to give us anything above and beyond the agreed-upon terms, then that is fantastic... but not "expected." The proper thing to do is to say, "thank you," whether it was what you expected or not.

Say I go to a store's grand opening and they've advertised an "special gift" for the first 50 customers. When I get there, they thank me for coming out to support their store and hand me a coupon for 30% off of an item purchased. Should I throw it back in their face, call them lazy, and stamp my feet as I walk out of the store? No, I say, "thank you," and go find something to buy because I enjoy shopping at that store and they have good products.

***EDIT***

And if I don't find anything to buy that day, I take my coupon and go home. Maybe I'll use it next time I go to that store.

That is just different, as we are purchasing a recurring service. And your whole ancedote glosses over the fact that BW gave CC to people who were angry over the CM. Like the other guy said, which seemed more accurate that you had too much salt on your food, so they sent you a free container of salt.

Honestly, it was half assed on BW's part. But I think I'm more angry at the people who some how say I should be cool with it and go home and shut up more than I am with BW itself. I didn't cancel because the gift was dull, it was apart of it, but there is really nothing else to do that seems fun.

Don't see the problem though? Subs wanted more content, so as a gift BW gave them no content.

The problem here is that BWEA hyped the gift. When someone hypes a gift to me, they're setting the expectation that they've put some thought and effort into it.

If they subsequently give me a gift card, which is essentially what BWEA did, yeah, it's nice to have the gift card but why did you hype that? It's hardly compelling.

exactly

"Hype" is on the receiver's end. If you let yourself get worked up, that's on you. I never assumed it was going to be something even as good as 500 CC. I assumed it was going a stupid pet or title, maybe a speeder, like many others did. So rather than being disappointed, I was pleasantly surprised.

"Hype" is on the receiver's end. If you let yourself get worked up, that's on you. I never assumed it was going to be something even as good as 500 CC. I assumed it was going a stupid pet or title, maybe a speeder, like many others did. So rather than being disappointed, I was pleasantly surprised.

That's on your end. Pet or Title would have been better.

That is just different, as we are purchasing a recurring service. And your whole ancedote glosses over the fact that BW gave CC to people who were angry over the CM. Like the other guy said, which seemed more accurate that you had too much salt on your food, so they sent you a free container of salt.

Honestly, it was half assed on BW's part. But I think I'm more angry at the people who some how say I should be cool with it and go home and shut up more than I am with BW itself. I didn't cancel because the gift was dull, it was apart of it, but there is really nothing else to do that seems fun.

Don't see the problem though? Subs wanted more content, so as a gift BW gave them no content.

Who do you speak for? All subs are mad about the CM? I'm certainly not, and I don't actually know many IRL who are. When I was on and someone in my guild noticed the coins, we all checked our balances and were very happy to see the extra coins.

Just because you don't like the CM and don't appreciate the gift that doesn't mean that others (possibly even MOST others) don't appreciate it. And here's the thing... if you don't like it, just let it go. IT WAS EXTRA STUFF!

***EDIT***

You don't get it?

After 2.1, players made it clear to Bioware that they did not feel that their subscription was being valued any longer and that any new content in this game was being funneled to the CM. 2.1 was a Cartel Market ONLY update - nothing for subscribers who were promised FULL access to updates and features if they continued to sub. Not one thing without paying additional for it...sub or free to play, you got the exact same thing.

Bioware said "ya know what, we hear ya and we're gonna make sure you subs feel appreciated again, we got something 'special' planned for around July 4th".

The reason for this "free gift" in the 1st place was because of the outrage over the CM. For the "special gift" to simply be a small gratuity towards the market, is quite obviously an odd and poorly thought out thing.

No they didn't, the people complaining hyped it up in their own minds.

Announcing it is not the same as hyping it. Players hyped it. BW simply stated that they were giving us a gift. No more, no less.

You said this:

I responded that I sell plenty of stuff that's not endgame crystals and mods, refuting your claim.

Can't handle a truth refuting your assertion?

End game, end game, end game. So I left out the armors from Makeb in my sentence. It was implied when I said End Game stuff.

What, are you saying we should never get an update to low and mid level crafting? We should never get the correct appearances for crafted gear that has had the wrong appearance since release? We should never get a single item that makes crafting between the levels of 10 and 50 worth anything on the GTN at all?

Because if you're saying that you are just a total brain damaged horse.

End game, end game, end game. So I left out the armors from Makeb in my sentence. It was implied when I said End Game stuff.

What, are you saying we should never get an update to low and mid level crafting? We should never get the correct appearances for crafted gear that has had the wrong appearance since release? We should never get a single item that makes crafting between the levels of 10 and 50 worth anything on the GTN at all?

Because if you're saying that you are just a total brain damaged horse.

I'd love for crafters to get something additional worthwhile. That wasn't the topic or the statement.

The statement was that you can only make money by selling a certain very narrow range of things. That statement is patently false.

I'd love for crafters to get something additional worthwhile. That wasn't the topic or the statement.

The statement was that you can only make money by selling a certain very narrow range of things. That statement is patently false.

I don't know but I think "only end game stuff" is a pretty narrow range of things.

What DarthVengeant writes:

I haven't bickered with anyone.

So now it's "childish" to have opinions, criticism, and concerns about a game you paid for? How on earth was I being a keyboard warrior? :eek: I wasn't setting there trolling or insulting you sir.

I ignored nothing. Not a single thing. Where you are getting that is beyond me.

So, I guess it would be "childish" to buy a meal and tell the cook it was cooked poorly. Interesting.

What I see:

Announcing it is not the same as hyping it. Players hyped it. BW simply stated that they were giving us a gift. No more, no less.

From Dulfy's transcript of the 2.2. Q&A:

Q: What are you plans to make subscribers feel like valued customers?

A: We have heard this a lot, especially with patch 2.1. Subscribers are super important to us – a lot of you didn’t think so with patch 2.1. We are making efforts to make subscribers feel valued. In July, around weekend of July 4th, you will see subscriber only benefits. Near the end of July, we are going to do a similar thing.

Wife calls me at work. Tells me I'm super important to her and she wants to make me feel valued and will have something for me when I get home.

Day passes eternally slowly.....

When I get home I find her waiting for me... in the garage wearing grungy overalls. She hands me a $100 gift card to Lowe's and tells me the trim needs to be painted. :eek:

I don't know but I think "only end game stuff" is a pretty narrow range of things.

I don't sell any of it and I make bank. I think that's the whole point - "you can't make money unless you sell end game stuff".

Yes, yes you can.

Well, maybe you can't, but I can.

Who do you speak for? All subs are mad about the CM? I'm certainly not, and I don't actually know many IRL who are. When I was on and someone in my guild noticed the coins, we all checked our balances and were very happy to see the extra coins.

Just because you don't like the CM and don't appreciate the gift that doesn't mean that others (possibly even MOST others) don't appreciate it. And here's the thing... if you don't like it, just let it go. IT WAS EXTRA STUFF!

I know, reading is hard. Never said all Subs were mad. This Sub was getting irritated and then got mad at the appreciations gift. However, I don't know a Sub that doesn't want more content. Especially for the people who are paying.

Anyway, I could explain this all again, but it's apparently wasted time. I'm only on here long enough to make sure the Devs understand where some of the Subscription people are coming from. But thank god they have people that will toss money at them and be happy with anything that comes out the door. However, your 15 bucks probably won't keep BW afloat for very long.