Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought subs already have a perma discount in the CM?

Only for the rip off that is the barber shop (which should have been credit based to begin with).

BH event is not until august. i'm pretty sure all indications point to a firework in the mail. maybe 12 of them.

Worst "appreciation" item...ever... if that's the case.

I threw out my 1 year anniversary fireworks that I still get with every new toon. If it's fireworks, I will be sad.:confused:

Meh.. I destroyed the 25stack I got on all my toons.. that kinda stuff means nothing to me. I did the same thing in Wow. All that stuff does it suck up inventory and bank space.

During the live stream Q&A a couple weeks back. It was stated that the first "Subscriber Appreciation" thing would happen July 4th.

It's less then a week a way now, can we please have some specifics? There are folks whose subscriptions run out between now and then, details might keep them subbed.

To be accurate. This is what was said:

"In July, around weekend of July 4th, you will see subscriber only benefits. Near the end of July, we are going to do a similar thing. "

July 4th is on a Thursday, so you can reasonably expect that the "weekend of July 4th" could mean July 4-7th. They also use the statement "around" meaning "not exactly on" or "near". From this we could extrapolate that their plans could end up coming forth during the early week after the 4th of July weekend.

TL:DR... Relax a bit.

Edited by TheBBP

To be accurate. This is what was said:

"In July, around weekend of July 4th, you will see subscriber only benefits. Near the end of July, we are going to do a similar thing. "

July 4th is on a Thursday, so you can reasonably expect that the "weekend of July 4th" could mean July 4-7th. They also use the statement "around" meaning "not exactly on" or "near". From this we could extrapolate that their plans could end up coming forth during the early week after the 4th of July weekend.

TL:DR... Relax a bit.

Who says I'm not relaxed? You can twist the words to be as vague as you want. Anyway you look at it, we're about a week away for their self-imposed "deadline".

Now which of these scenarios makes more sense:

A). Announce details about subscriber appreciation plans, so the people whose subscriptions expire between live stream date and "about" the 4th of July can take these plans into account, when deciding whether or not to renew,

Or. B) announce you're doing something, provide no information about that something even as short as 1 week away. Thus, providing no information, or encouragement, for people to renew their subscriptions.

Providing information about HOW they plan to show subscriber appreciation, can only benefit BW....unless, it's something totally dumb, like the aforementioned fireworks.

Sadly, as I've mentioned...the fact that they have revealed ZERO information on this, makes the fireworks theory more likely.

Edited by Kaywinnit

You are clearly not relaxed.

How so? Because I dare ask BW for information on something they announced, and is scheduled for 7(ish) days from now?

Perhaps I have plans on the weekend of the fourth, and want to know if I need to find time to login to claim this "appreciation"?

But, please, continue to provide nothing constructive to the thread...and tell me how well you know my mood.

A). Announce details about subscriber appreciation plans, so the people whose subscriptions expire between live stream date and "about" the 4th of July can take these plans into account, when deciding whether or not to renew,

Or. B) announce you're doing something, provide no information about that something even as short as 1 week away. Thus, providing no information, or encouragement, for people to renew their subscriptions.

These also be considered in this way.

A) Announce details of "special something that might not be liked by all" and end up cinching the loss of a number of subscribers whose subscription may lapse in that period of time.

B) Do not make announcement and keep the subscribers in anticipation of the "special something" and end up keeping some subscribers who resubscribe in anticipation of the "special something" that might have let their subscriptions lapse otherwise.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

These also be considered in this way.

A) Announce details of "special something that might not be liked by all" and end up cinching the loss of a number of subscribers whose subscription may lapse in that period of time.

B) Do not make announcement and keep the subscribers in anticipation of the "special something" and end up keeping some subscribers who resubscribe in anticipation of the "special something" that might have let their subscriptions lapse otherwise.

Given how little value is currently provided for subscribers, I can't see B keeping many (at least, of those who feel the value/dollar of a sub is low).

Given how little value is currently provided for subscribers, I can't see B keeping many (at least, of those who feel the value/dollar of a sub is low).

Agreed, but that doesn't mean the marketing gurus might not think it would.

They don't give players much credit for intelligence as a whole.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean the marketing gurus might not think it would.

They don't give players much credit for intelligence as a whole.

True... sadly, BioWare's total inability to communicate regularly, and honestly (I mean, really, how many times can "poor choices of words" be used to cover them not knowing how their own game works?) is doing more harm to the game (and it's community) then anything else.

That rather goes without saying. By definition. anyone who has not unsubscribed feels the value is sufficient.