Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

It... urks me.

maverickmatt

I'd just like to say that... it urks me when a DPS who has taunts doesn't use them. IIRC, they don't respect the GCD.....

You'd be doing your team a favor by taunting, at the very least using your AOE taunt.

Oh..... and if you happen to be one of the DPS who DOES find the time to put Herpderping on hold to mash a button that helps his team, don't mash the single-target taunt if you are targeting their healer.......

You know, if you're one of those players who want more medals... taunts will provide you with 3 very quickly earned ones, and a 4th is easy if you continue to taunt through a good portion of the match.

I only know "taunting" from PvE. And that only Tanks should taunt there, and no-one else. What does it mean in PvP ?

in PvP, taunts reduce the damage of affected targets by 30% unless they attack you (who put the taunt on them).

classes w/ tank specs have single target and AOE taunts, and should be using them on cooldown in PvP, especially since they are off the gcd as maverickmatt pointed out.

it's HARD for clickers to click taunt and an attack at the same time bro!

This.

And also as a pt DPS I Was squishy, and people always attacked me if they were taunted by me. Unless they're bads, but then I don't get a lot of protection since they're so bad they're not doing a lot of damage in the first place.

At least shadows can aoe taunt while in stealth and then wait for it to go away and then open up. Can't remember if it breaks stealth or not.

Ah, thank you. Didn't play a tank so far (only healer & DD), so I didn't know it.

Especially if someone is attacking your healer, and the healer is being guarded. If you taunt someone they will be doing damage to the healer that's so laughable they'll be begging to upgrade to a wet noodle.

Especially if someone is attacking your healer, and the healer is being guarded. If you taunt someone they will be doing damage to the healer that's so laughable they'll be begging to upgrade to a wet noodle.

Stack on another cross healer, and nobody 's health bar moves! Lol.

Then the 'nerf healing/operatives now' threads come, and everyone wonders why .

Personally, I'd like to see a taunt actually affect a healer somehow too. That might work out better than any nerf. Less healing done overall unless you're healing yourself?

Stack on another cross healer, and nobody 's health bar moves! Lol.

Then the 'nerf healing/operatives now' threads come, and everyone wonders why .

Personally, I'd like to see a taunt actually affect a healer somehow too. That might work out better than any nerf. Less healing done overall unless you're healing yourself?

I thought that as well. Something like, "Taunting a healer reduces their healing output by x%".

As it stands, taunting a healer does nothing. You shouldn't be taunting them anyways, they might get angry and.. heal you?

At any rate... It's no coincidence that the absolute best players know how to fully utilize every tool given to their character, be it situational form switching, taunting, pushing, pulling, leaping, etc... ( Im not talking to you, Operatives... it takes less effort to play an Op than it does to write this)

I'm just sayin'.... it ain't all about DATDEEPZ.

and L2Taunt.

Edited by maverickmatt

It's funny that the entire premise of this post is that something "IRKS" you, and you mispell irk. LOL, it's a three letter word ffs.

It's really funny that you felt the need to post something that doesn't add or detract from the point. It is quite apparent you have nothing intelligent to say, so I ask that you please refrain from insulting.

I'm from the south.. we spell thangs funneh. Get off me.

Ah, thank you. Didn't play a tank so far (only healer & DD), so I didn't know it.

Just to clarify, you don't have to be *in* a tank spec, just a class that has an ability to be a tank. For example, I have a DPS spec'd Guardian w/o a single point in Defense (the tanking tree) but I have both the single target taunt, and aoe taunt. This is similarly available to Shadows & Vanguards (and their respective "mirror" classes of the opposite faction).

Grammar war! AXIS vs Allies, round 1, go!

Zer vill be no fighting in zis thread! Zat must be reserved for ze battlefield! Calm zyself, and cheel out vith ze corrections of ze grammar before I vip out ze eensults about ze voman who birthed youuuuu. mmyeesss

It's really funny that you felt the need to post something that doesn't add or detract from the point. It is quite apparent you have nothing intelligent to say, so I ask that you please refrain from insulting.

I'm from the south.. we spell thangs funneh. Get off me.

How was that an insult? I'm sorry that your fragile ego can't handle a little razzing/correction on the misspelling of a three letter word, LMAO. For the record, i'm also from the South and happen to be literate.

zer vill be no fighting in zis thread! Zat must be reserved for ze battlefield! Calm zyself, and cheel out vith ze corrections of ze grammar before i vip out ze eensults about ze voman who birthed youuuuu. Mmyeesss

lawl!

How was that an insult? I'm sorry that your fragile ego can't handle a little razzing/correction on the misspelling of a three letter word, LMAO. For the record, i'm also from the South and happen to be literate.

I simply noted that you commented, but only to correct a spelling error. You literally added nothing to the topic.

Either way, it wasn't an insult and I didn't take it as such. It was a poor choice of words.

But for real.. Taunts. They do exist.

Edited by maverickmatt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.