Dual Spec. Still want it.

Warb_Null

im sensing along 180+ pages on why dual spec should(nt) be allow with people making ridiculous outlandish comparison and hyperbole;along with the word "entitle" (with it prefixes and suffixes)lazy, game breaking, threatened a mass exodus and biodrone/fanboy/hate or etc being used at great volume.

Pretty par for the course isn't it?

Edited by LadyKulvax

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda silly that implementing this hasn't been a priority. If we had it, I'm sure more PvE players would PvP (and vice versa) because they wouldn't have to deal with the respec/rebuild talents crap. Yeah I know BW feels that respeccing probably isn't necessary but to some of us...it's absolutely neccassary. My main is specced for maximum viability in PvP...won't even think about doing a raid at all because, the way I play, I'd need to make some spec/talent changes and doin that is too annoying to bother with. Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

LOL no it's not. That's like saying chat bubble are partially in the games because we have text chat or hood toggle is partial in the game because hoods exist. :rolleyes:

Uh, wrong. Please read an entire post before arguing.

Dual specs purpose is PARTIALLY fulfulled with field respec. In no way am I saying we shouldn't have dual-spec because of this. Quite the opposite -- it shows that, along with the option we already have for saving UI setups and swapping them, most of the mechanics to have a true dual/multi-spec are already in-game. Meaning it should be easier for them to implement this.

Both of your analogies are off. Field respec DOES perform one of the actions a dual-spec would perform. The same is not true for either of your analogies.

I'm so sorry. I did not realize that saving the few clicks of the mouse and less than one minute and often less than 30 seconds it takes to change your spec was such a QoL.

It is a QOL issue though. the annoyance if respeccing is why many of us stick to only Pvp or only Pve. not worth the hassle. There is no argument whatsoever (that's valid, anyway) as to why it shouldn't be in the game. None. Having it would not negatively impact someone's game play whatsoever. To say "Derrr, well you can respec and it only takes a minute so get over it" is a dumb point of view. Sure, it works for you. But a dual spec button to switch over on the fly without having to redo talents makes a lot more sense than going through respec crap all the time.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

I don't want dual spec because I can change specs any time and anywhere on the fly without paying anything other than my unlock. I had dual spec in wow - I would have it to have field spec any day, it would have saved me thousands of gold and returning the the trainer 3 times a week because I actually needed to use 3 specs every week.

What I do want is the ability to save multiple UI settings and buttons exactly as I want them.

I don't get why people keep asking for dual spec when they should just be asking for a button saving function. :p

Dual spec would be nice, but I can respec anywhere I want too. Used to be annoying having to reallocate the points, but I've gotten fast lol

I'm so sorry. I did not realize that saving the few clicks of the mouse and less than one minute and often less than 30 seconds it takes to change your spec was such a QoL.

That is pretty much what 90% of QoL changes are.

Right now, you have to manually change:

Action bars

UI setup

Talent Spec

Alternate gear (if applicable)

There is no reason this cannot be done with a single click of a button. It makes it less tedious -- therefore, this is the perfect example of a QoL fix that isn't terribly difficult to implement.

Action bars

UI setup

Talent Spec

There is no reason this cannot be done with a single click of a button. It makes it less tedious -- therefore, this is the perfect example of a QoL fix that isn't terribly difficult to implement.

This.

We're just asking for features pretty much every other MMO has.

I've seen people in game say adding a dual spec will make the game too easy. What? I'm all for hard content, but how does making it quicker to switch roles equal making the game easier? I do not get that logic at all.

Yeah, we know.. barefoot.. five miles.. snow.. both ways.. we know you suffered and are real "gamers", and we are lazy. Doesn't mean the old ways are the best ways.

What does this change hurt? Why does it bother you so much? What's wrong with clicking a button that says "Activate" on it and having it change the UI to a previously saved configuration and a skill tree with a saved configuration? WoW has been doing it for years. It is a CONVENIENCE that inconveniences NO ONE, especially you.

The Logic in some of these posts

Edited by Superman_AZ

WoW has been doing it for years.

Think you hit the nail on the head.

The WoW hate is strong in this playerbase. Even though many, if not all, current MMOs have this feature, WoW having it somehow makes it a bad feature. Why? I don't know, but there you go.

Edited by Deganji

The WoW hate is strong in this playerbase. Even though many, if not all, current MMOs have this feature, WoW having it somehow makes it a bad feature. Why? I don't know, but there you go.

Yep, that's exactly why people fight against the mention of flying mounts, in game guild calendar, and a few other suggestions. WoW is the devil...didn't you know?

I get that people don't want a WoW mimic... but all MMOs mirror each other in some way or another. There are no "original" ways to present an MMO. You have a character sheet, action bars, abilities, and talents. Wow has drakes, we have speeders. People need to get over the WoW association and understand we are asking for the GOOD things in WoW, not the dumb stuff. Although, we already have an appearance changer. We just want something that makes respeccing seamless and easy.

In WoW, you paid one time to "unlock" the 2nd spec, and set up your talent tree, action bars, and glyphs according to that spec. Then, when you have to go from DPS to Tank on the fly, there is no "Hang on and let me waste time refilling my talent tree and setting my bars back up". It is literally click, 5 second cast to activate, refill resource and GO. Anyone who would object a dual spec concept has obviously never played an MMO that uses it successfully.

To all of them I have to say this.

Edited by Superman_AZ

Not wanted.

Got plenty of sentinal/marauder-pull-before-the-tank-and-blame-healer-if-I-die.

Got enough of Vanguard/powertech/assasins/jugs/guardians/shadows that "best-put-myself-as-a-tank-even-if-I'm-dps-specced-cuz-gets-me-a-pug quicker."

Last thing we need is to give this terrible tool of destruction in the hands of clueless kids to mess up the already tragic situation of pugs. not to mention operation pugs.:(

I get that people don't want a WoW mimic... but all MMOs mirror each other in some way or another. There are no "original" ways to present an MMO. You have a character sheet, action bars, abilities, and talents. Wow has drakes, we have speeders. People need to get over the WoW association and understand we are asking for the GOOD things in WoW, not the dumb stuff.

I agree with you 100%, just saying that it's the cool thing now to hate everything about WoW. I know people that hate it and have never even played it. You just can't talk sense to people like that.

You also have the Bioware fans. To them Bioware can do no wrong and how dare we even suggest they might have been short sighted and left a needed feature out of the game.

Then, you have the trolls, that just post to try and cause arguments. I'd almost think most of the against post were trolls, as this game is full of them. General chat in game is the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time, sometimes I wonder is this SWTOR or Idiocracy Online.

These are the only three reasons I could see for being against what is really a need feature at this time.

Look at the amount of people arguing against an improved space game in that thread, a feature that would for sure improve the game, bring back old players, and bring in new players. I love the argument that it keeps Bioware from improving more important aspects of the game. What aspects are those? Adding more junk to the cartel market?

Not wanted.

Got plenty of sentinal/marauder-pull-before-the-tank-and-blame-healer-if-I-die.

Got enough of Vanguard/powertech/assasins/jugs/guardians/shadows that "best-put-myself-as-a-tank-even-if-I'm-dps-specced-cuz-gets-me-a-pug quicker."

Last thing we need is to give this terrible tool of destruction in the hands of clueless kids to mess up the already tragic situation of pugs. not to mention operation pugs.:(

At least they'd be in the proper spec, if it was easier to switch.

You think I want to DPS flashpoints? It's boring. But sometime I have to que as DPS because I'm questing as DPS. So I should have to stay heal speced at all times? Do you know how slow it is questing as a healer? And what pug is going to wait for me to respec with the clunky system we have now? None will. I know that for a fact. Sorry the current system may be fast for you, but it isn't for me, or many others.

People are going to play stupid no matter if we have quick respecs or not. I get plenty of dedicated tanks that can't tank worth a crap, don't think dual spec will change that.

Edited by Deganji

Action bars

UI setup

Talent Spec

This....

I want dual spec that also saves the hotkey bars. Ill never understand why someone would argue against implementing a feature. It makes absolutely no sense to argue against game improvements.

Edited by Soluss

I agree with you 100%, just saying that it's the cool thing now to hate everything about WoW. I know people that hate it and have never even played it. You just can't talk sense to people like that.

You also have the Bioware fans. To them Bioware can do no wrong and how dare we even suggest they might have been short sighted and left a needed feature out of the game.

Then, you have the trolls, that just post to try and cause arguments. I'd almost think most of the against post were trolls, as this game is full of them. General chat in game is the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time, sometimes I wonder is this SWTOR or Idiocracy Online.

These are the only three reasons I could see for being against what is really a need feature at this time.

Agreed. We see eye to eye on every point, and your statement here is exactly what I was thinking. I feel bad for the Bioware white knights and non-"other" MMO players. They need to open their minds to something that makes life in the game so much easier. As for the trolls, I would not shed a tear if someone lit them on fire and kicked them infront of an express bus. :)

I do not remember the devws EVER saying that they WOULD be adding dual spec. I'd love to see your proof of that.

Old, old topic.

Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

Reference:

Community Q&A: Feb 10th 2012

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiper: My question is are you still considering some sort of dual talent option, and if so is there an ETA?

Austin: This is definitely a feature we hope to provide in the future, but we don't have any details to share at this time (including an ETA).

Reference:

Community Q&A: Jun 29th 2012

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-29th-2012#e

Old, old topic.

Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

Reference:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiper: My question is are you still considering some sort of dual talent option, and if so is there an ETA?

Austin: This is definitely a feature we hope to provide in the future, but we don't have any details to share at this time (including an ETA).

Reference:

i was just about to pot this...:(

I get that people don't want a WoW mimic... but all MMOs mirror each other in some way or another. There are no "original" ways to present an MMO. You have a character sheet, action bars, abilities, and talents. Wow has drakes, we have speeders. People need to get over the WoW association and understand we are asking for the GOOD things in WoW, not the dumb stuff. Although, we already have an appearance changer. We just want something that makes respeccing seamless and easy.

In WoW, you paid one time to "unlock" the 2nd spec, and set up your talent tree, action bars, and glyphs according to that spec. Then, when you have to go from DPS to Tank on the fly, there is no "Hang on and let me waste time refilling my talent tree and setting my bars back up". It is literally click, 5 second cast to activate, refill resource and GO. Anyone who would object a dual spec concept has obviously never played an MMO that uses it successfully.

To all of them I have to say this.

Answer me this. Why is it when people want something like dual spec, it is often justified by something along the lines of "WOW does it" or "It's an industry standard", but when it comes to something like class changes, the WOW comparison is dismissed and it becomes "who cares what WOW does? We're talking about this game and not WOW".

You yourself fall into this category, unless I am mistaken.

Edited for typos.

Edited by Ratajack

Old, old topic.

Reference:

Reference:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they implement the field respec unlock after this statement. Unless I am mistaken, the field respec WAS the "dual spec" that was "in the works and coming soon". If I am correct, they did fulfill that statement, just not in the manner you would like them to have fulfilled it.

Ironically, this is the very statement that those who wish to change their class want to ignore and dismiss as it does not support their desire to change their class, but supports the idea that AC's are different classes.

Edited by Ratajack

Answer me this. Why is it when people want something like dual spec, it is opften justified by somethign along the lines of "WOW does it" or "It's an industry standard", but when it comes to something like class changes, the WOW comparison is dismissed and it becomes "who cares what WOW does?

simple.

the reason why is that people like choices. if following one model allow a new option to come forth, then people will revere it;however, if someone chose to use the same model as a form of absolutism and block/denied any new option to become available then people will rebel against it.

so altogether, people like use wow dual spec as it bring something new to the table, while they will also rebel against anyone who use the wow model as a the word of god and try to denied them more option to play this game.

it is quite simple to understand. :confused:

simple.

the reason why is that people like choices. if following one model allow a new option to come forth, then people will revere it;however, if someone chose to use the same model as a form of absolutism and block/denied any new option to become available then people will rebel against it.

so altogether, people like use wow dual spec as it bring something new to the table, while they will also rebel against anyone who use the wow model as a the word of god and try to denied them more option to play this game.

it is quite simple to understand. :confused:

I think the answer is much simpler than that. I think it has to do with hypocrisy. If something meshes with a player's wants, then it is a perfectly valid reason, but if that same something does not support something else that player wants, then it becomes invalid as "we're talking about this game".

It's convenient to use something only when it favors you (generic not specific).

It is a completely harmless convenience feature. Adding dual spec, IMO, simply saves your spec choice sets when you desire to respec. It is the same as respec, it just saves all of your hotbar locations, etc....if that is how it is set up (I think it should be).

I often try to consider reasons why an option would be a negative for a game. I can't find one here. I think this is something that is pretty innocuous in nature.

Answer me this. Why is it when people want something like dual spec, it is often justified by something along the lines of "WOW does it" or "It's an industry standard", but when it comes to something like class changes, the WOW comparison is dismissed and it becomes "who cares what WOW does? We're talking about this game and not WOW".

You yourself fall into this category, unless I am mistaken.

Edited for typos.

You cannot switch classes in WoW. Its a completely different system you are comparing. If you want to compare what you can do in WoW.... then compare it to switching between the specs of your ACs and not switching AC. Switching from an assassin to an inquisitor would be like switching from rogue to mage.