Elder-game Gear.

Monkfishysnow

I have a serious problem with the end-game gear. First of all it all looks the same and it all looks ugly. With the exception of 1 or 2 sets.

Tier 1 (lowest) of PvE gear looks identical to Tier 1 (lowest) of PvP gear.

The same is true for Tier 2 and Tier 3 Conqueror gear. It all looks the same! Even the two different Advanced Class armours of each base class look identical.

Second problem. They removed the original and unique looking end-game gear.

They took Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Centurion, Champion, Battlemaster, and threw it out the window. WHY Would you do this Bioware? Almost all of that gear looked good! (Compared to what we have now) But more than that THEY ALL LOOKED DIFFERENT! Battlemaster looked different to Rakata! Columi looked different to Champion! Centurion looked different to Tionese! Jedi Consular - Shadow gear looked different to Jedi Consular - Sage gear! THEY WERE ALL UNIQUE!!!

Why did You do this? You took out some awesome looking gear, which all looked different, which were all unique, and replaced it with ugly gear that all looks the same. - That's a rhetorical question., they made it ugly and identical, so people are more likely to buy Kartel Market Gear and Dyes.

Here's just an example. A comparison of the gear they removed, and the gear they pooped into the game.

http://i.imgur.com/gMGD35h.png - This is all the PvE and PvP Gear for Bounty Hunters before it was removed.

As you can see there are 12 different outfits.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/swtor-conqueror-armor-bounty-hunter-empire.jpg - Here you can see The Conqueror PvP gear for Bounty Hunters, not only does it look dumb but this replaced the two Rakata gear choices and the 2 Battlemaster Gear Choices. They replaced 4 sets of gear with 1.

But now with the new gear. We have three. From 12 unique sets of armour. To 3... Tier 1, 2 and 3 PvE gear is identical to Tier 1, 2 and 3 PvP Gear. Not only that, but PvE and PvP gear now only gives you a choice of 3 armour sets, not four like it used too. What part of Game design and development requires you to take out unique armour choices, and replace them with ugly armour that all looks the same, with less choice on top of it all, because I must of missed that lesson.

/rant

Edited by Monkfishysnow

Hyperbole, lies and opinions do not make a good argument.

What part of lies and opinions is "They removed 12 sets of gear per base class and replaced them with 3" aesthetics-wise - This is a fact not an opinion or lie.

If you actually looked at the PvP and PvE stores you would see that Tier 1 PvE gear is identical to Tier 1 PvP gear, and the same is true for Tier's 2 and 3.

Edited by Monkfishysnow

I still don't understand Elder-game gear.

Can you not just rip out the armor/mods and put it in your Orange set?

You can remove the mods, but removing the mods from the old PvP gear is pointless because they have expertise and if you're not a level 55 expertise on gear actually works against you in PvP. And more important than that you shouldn't need to take the mods out, the gear should just look good, you shouldn't have to hunt down some Adaptive orange gear, then spend money on taking mods out to put into the orange gear. That's not good design. You should be give a choice of gear for your class and playstyles (like you used to) and you should be happy with how it looks and plays. It shouldn't be necessary to make custom gear because our choices are so limited and aesthetically unappealing.

The adaptive gear and mod ripping is a good feature, I'm just saying it shouldn't be necessary. Because right now it feels necessary, because our choices are so limited with the look of Elder-game gear that 99% of people are using orange gear.

Edited by Monkfishysnow

Tionese, Columi and Rakata was the same exact shell with different colors. Same thing with the PvP gear. The only difference was the look between ACs. So really, you had two unique looks for PvE and two for PvP.

It would be great if they started off by firing anyone in the gear art/design department. Those are some serious baddies. Then, maybe, they could move forward with some great ideas. While these same horrific designers stay employed, the cause is lost I'm afraid.

Weathermen is probably the only other field of work you can get in to, and be so bad at your job, yet stay employed.

You must have missed the part, when after the game launched EVERYONE hated the way the the 1st sets of endgame pve and pvp gear looked. What was even worse is that you were forced to look like that (and everyone else), since if you wanted the set bonus, it was tied to the shell.

And all of it was not removed, as you can still get the (crafted) battlemaster and Warhero shells.

I'm glad it is gone, and hope it never returns. It was some of the worst looking gear put out for this game.

Edited by Flying-Brian

The original gear was horrible. The new sets are much better. I also think your wrong to use different colours as different sets for original but not for the new sets just to give your argument more clout. There are so many sets of armor in this game do PvP and pve need different sets? Different colours is enough imo.

Its all a vast conspiracy to make you buy stuff off the Cartel market. . .

. . .I thought that was blatantly obvious, apparently not. . .

This. Your new armor sets are being sold to you now, not earned. Look like everyone else or spend additional $ to look different...I choose to look the same as everyone else.

You must have missed the part, when after the game launched EVERYONE hated the way the the 1st sets of endgame pve and pvp gear looked

This. Like, x1000 this.

No one was around at launch? I mean it's kind of funny that people are complaining about armor sets that were called "the ugliest armor pieces ever created in anything", especially since now we have the option to use whichever orange gear we want.

I'm not for removing armor, but to make it sound like people "loved" the old armor sets when the comments about them were so overwhelmingly negative is just hilarious.

Plus, you can still get Battlemaster and War Hero orange shells.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/swtor-conqueror-armor-bounty-hunter-empire.jpg - Here you can see The Conqueror PvP gear for Bounty Hunters, not only does it look dumb but this replaced the two Rakata gear choices and the 2 Battlemaster Gear Choices. They replaced 4 sets of gear with 1.

Really, who comes up with all these ugly looking helmets. I can't believe it. This one looks even worse than the helmet you can buy for having max. reputation at the, what is it called again, space marine or whatever. The Gree helmet also screws up the otherwise most beautiful armor in-game.

I hate the helmets in Swtor. And no, simply not showing them is not an option to me (rp).

The original gear was horrible. The new sets are much better. I also think your wrong to use different colours as different sets for original but not for the new sets just to give your argument more clout. There are so many sets of armor in this game do PvP and pve need different sets? Different colours is enough imo.

Not all of the original gear was bad. There are some nice pieces here and there. The inquisitors helmet is pretty neat and I use from time to time on my imp characters regardless of armor type, light, medium, and heavy.

You can remove the mods, but removing the mods from the old PvP gear is pointless because they have expertise and if you're not a level 55 expertise on gear actually works against you in PvP. And more important than that you shouldn't need to take the mods out, the gear should just look good, you shouldn't have to hunt down some Adaptive orange gear, then spend money on taking mods out to put into the orange gear. That's not good design. You should be give a choice of gear for your class and playstyles (like you used to) and you should be happy with how it looks and plays. It shouldn't be necessary to make custom gear because our choices are so limited and aesthetically unappealing.

The adaptive gear and mod ripping is a good feature, I'm just saying it shouldn't be necessary. Because right now it feels necessary, because our choices are so limited with the look of Elder-game gear that 99% of people are using orange gear.

Just because you do not like something does not mean that everyone doesn't , this is why it's possible to Move MODs about so you can have your own unique look. I see no issue here, there are hundreds of modable armour piece's to chose between. Why on earth should everyone have to go around in the same looking gear, it's probably a good thing that this armour isn't nice looking, otherwise everyone would be wearing it.

They took Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Centurion, Champion, Battlemaster, and threw it out the window. WHY Would you do this Bioware? Almost all of that gear looked good!

They all look good, said no one ever. :rolleyes: There are threads and threads about how bad the Tionese/Columi/Rakata sets looked.