Operatives > Sorcerers healing wise ?

MocniSkopac

The reason why scoundrels are able to output such overall numbers is surely not because they have better heal spells than sorcs, but because they have a healing uptime of nearly 100% of a WZ.

While a sorc under focus fire will only be able to heal himself (if at all) before he dies, a scoundrel is able to ignore the focus fire completely. He can heal himself + his team mates while focussed by 8 and he won't die at all. His energy is always at 100% (unless he rolls 3 times, then it is at 99%, but then he can go stealth and come back with 100% energy again).

Edited by Cretinus

The reason why scoundrels are able to output such overall numbers is surely not because they have better heal spells than sorcs, but because they have a healing uptime of nearly 100% of a WZ.

While a sorc under focus fire will only be able to heal himself (if at all) before he dies, a scoundrel is able to ignore the focus fire completely. He can heal himself + his team mates while focussed by 8 and he won't die at all. His energy is always at 100% (unless he rolls 3 times, then it is at 99%, but then he can go stealth and come back with 100% energy again).

Yeah okay. Their health doesn't move under focus fire, they magically press one button to heal their entire team to 100%, then they shoot lightning out of there eyes and kill all the enemies on the other team in one shot.

Edited by Twighead

Just, wow.

As the person above (before all the sarcasm? Hyperbole?) was saying, Operatives high healing isn't from better heals but a different kind heal and better maneuverability/escapes for PvP. Their aoe heal is actually kind of weak compared to a Sorcs, but their HoT stacks up to two times and is instant cast. Under fire they have the ability to stealth out (atleast breaks target for a moment) and such.

Sorc on the other hand must rely more upon peels (not saying an Operative doesn't) from a team mate. Sorcs are often easier to spot (can't stealth in) and their heal effects are more noticeable.

I'd have to say a Sorc with back up can go toe to toe with an Operative (also provided by back up) healing wise, it's just an Operative handles being unsupported a little better.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

Actually, I've been accused of hacking on my sorc before because ppl were unable to kill me under focus fire. Eh, if you know the class its perfectly capable of healing in pugs where peels/taunt/gaurds are unreliable at best.

Ya, that's one of the hard things about is X class better than Y, since it largely depends on who's handling the class. I think class wise the Operative has more tools to handle unsupported better, but I didn't meant to say the Sorc couldn't at all.

Also... some people just have a natural affinity for a class/playstyle. >.< I've got a friend who tears through 1 vs 3 constantly on his Jugg, but fumbles with his Powertech like it's his first Civil War.

I'm just wondering, cause biggest healing done are all about operatives. for instance

What do sorcs have to compensate the obvious opness operatives have healing wise? Discuss

There is no question that operatives are hands down the best solo queue healer in the game because of their instant casts, HoTs and survivability (roll, dodge, stealth). Whether that makes them overpowered relative to sorcs is a different question I think. Heals in general, in my opinion, are too powerful at the moment - both in RWZ and regs - which leads to a kind of boring gameplay that I don't care for (which is a shame, considering how well balanced everything else is now relatively speaking). Sorcs and mercs can out perform operative heals in a certain environment but that environment is less likely in PVP to manifest itself.

Actually, I've been accused of hacking on my sorc before because ppl were unable to kill me under focus fire. Eh, if you know the class its perfectly capable of healing in pugs where peels/taunt/gaurds are unreliable at best.

Then you are playing incompitent players.

Op has higher overall healing output because a class that's never worried about dying usually heals more. Also they can do most of their healing while moving while no other classes can do that. You'd have to stand still at least momentarily for a Sorc and this gives enemy an opportunity to stop or even kill you.

Really the reason why Sorc healing even seems powerful is usually because there's an Op somewhere bailing him out while he gets low. Note that the reverse is not necessraily because the Op can almost always bail himself out. Even if the Sorc has higher output (and the heal record threads tend to indicate otherwise), there doesn't seem to be a reason to take someone who can occasionally be shut down as opposed to someone who can never be shut down.

In normal warzones sorcs can out heal op healers, depending on the fight. In rateds it almost never happens for them since the AoE is static on the ground.

Both hold up well under pressure, some people say scoundrels/ops hold up slightly better, and while i find it hard to argue with that i do'nt believe the margin is as wide as people think.

The main reason they get bigger numbers is because of their HoT mechanic with SRMP. This constitutes anywhere from 35 to 50% of total heals in the warzone.

The best and easiest way to bring them into line with the sorcs is to put a limit on the amount of targets that can have SRMP running on. Somewhere between 4 to 6 people would bring their hps in line with other classes.

My opinion comes the experience of playing a VR 100 scoundrel, a VR 91 scoundrel on a second server, and a VR 85 sage.

Edited by Valsy

My main is a sorc, but Im leveling up an operative to try and compare.

Numbers arent everything but most of the time I am the top sorc in my zone. I can beat most operatives, but the top ones sometimes get me by more than 20%.

Im not 100% sure why, which is why Im going to level one up in double exp weekend.

As for mercs, there is 1 in my guild who can put up numbers in the sorc/op range. The rest that Ive seen arent anywhere close. Which is why Im making an operative.

da*** i just read?

I want to learn how to roll three times and have 99% energy...

Also, nerf Operatives. Scoundrels are fine, but Operatives are totally OP, like since the beginning of time.

aye

Isnt it a bit ironic that commando/merc healers arent in this discussion at all :)

they can heal 2? :eek:

well yeah, i agree that in normals sorcs aoe is good, but in rateds theres always a aoe attack waiting on the aoe heal

they are considered heals

Oh? Thought they didn't show up on parses so I assumed they didn't show up on scoreboard either. The more you know! :)

That said, it's very easy to scoreboard pad. I throw a few DoTs on people while I heal on my sage and will end up with 12+ kills easily, when I might have legitimately contributed to maybe 2, lol. HoTs, I'd imagine, pad stats nicely the same way.

Again -- I'm not saying smug/op is a bad healer, or that other classes put out more healing, or anything like that -- just that scoreboards can easily be padded.

I'm just wondering, cause biggest healing done are all about operatives. for instance

What do sorcs have to compensate the obvious opness operatives have healing wise? Discuss

A big reason why they are on par in pve and a bit behind scoundrels in pvp is that if the group clusters up for the aoe heal in pvp they get punished by smashers. That said nothing wrong with sorc output imo, it's not like they are worlds behind

As someone who's played both types, I always feel like my sorc is better at "saving" someone who is about to die (bubble + resurgence + innervate) but operative in most environments is better at keeping someone up over time. For example, a ball carrier in huttball. As someone is getting the ball, I can put two stacks of kolto probe, recup nanotech, and then kolto infusion on them and do an insane amount of healing over the next 9-18 seconds without having to stand still for longer than 1.5 seconds. Then if they get lower than 30% you can spam surgical probe forever as long as they keep moving and aren't being focused by a sniper or other class with good range burst.

TL;DR: If I were about to die, I'd rather have a sorc teammate happen upon me because they can bubble me, use resurgence, and innervate, and have me back at 50% + within seconds. But if I'm at full health holding a node or carrying the ball, I'd rather have an op putting HoTs on me than a sorc (unless sorc is in position for a pull already).

I feel they are both very on par, I have outhealed Sages and have been outhealed by Sages on my Scoundrel. Scoundrel main role is to run around throwing HOT's on everyone which pads the scoreboard and helps keep people up as the ticks are essentially mitigating some of the incoming damage. Then they have a couple of casted to do some larger healing.

The Sage is very much a more direct healer and has generally bigger heals and is more reliant on ones that are directly casted or channeled. They do have the bubble as well which mitigates a little damage usually giving them enough time to get a cast or channel off to save someone.

I enjoy both and when I am healing on my Scoundrel I personally enjoy having a Sage healer accompanying me more then another Scoundrel.

the reason why scoundrels are able to output such overall numbers is surely not because they have better heal spells than sorcs, but because they have a healing uptime of nearly 100% of a wz.

very true!!!