Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering something...apparently to get the full nightmare run achievement in game (not the defeat achievements) you have to survive every fight. I'm wondering who will be the first one to get the survived past nightmare achievements done.

Quote: Originally Posted by arkitip

Wow, double whammy of a way to debunk that it was:

1) Impossible

2) possible but only with a specific comp, or specific buffs

possible with Jugg DPS with 2 snipers and 1 merc. NO nim pilg buff, no membrosia, no bloodthirst. what MORE can we ask for for?

IF its possible with Jugg DPS... now im hoping they dont nerf it so we can see how many more non pure dps classes can run this place in 8-man.

i mean having 2 snipers shouldnt be too bad of a requirement. They ran 2 pure DPS class with 2 hybrid class. granted its 2 snipers and a merc. Plus this IS the hardest content in the game after all.

now i kind of want to see DG remain unchanged just to find how many truly hardcore guilds can down it with other comps.

Edited by paowee

Yes grats to them on this impossible kill.

Congratulations to DiliH on the kill! Let's hope that it doesn't take 100-150x attempts by any guild each week to get this done, though.

Because NIGHTMARE mode should be easy amiright?

I hope this kill in the first week proves that Bioware does not need to change this fight at all. And does need to buff the other 4 bosses, preferably to this caliber.

Edited by Airwolfe

Because NIGHTMARE mode should be easy amiright?

I hope this kill in the first week proves that Bioware does not need to change this fight at all. And does need to buff the other 4 bosses, preferably to this caliber.

Agreed. When people down content in a week they complain how easy it is and that hardcore endgame guilds want a challenge. When people can NOT down content in a week the hardcore end game guilds complain the fight is too hard because (insert myriad of reasons and justifications here).

It's been downed using 2 pure dps classes and 2 hybrid classes along with a (what is popuarly believed to be) a sub par healing class. With no nim pilgrim buff, no membrosia, and no bloodthirst. We should all be ashamed of our QQing.

I can understand Hard mode, but nerfing NiM mode too?

Nuff said.

[EU] Drop It Like It's Hoth: 2 snipers, 1 merc, 1 Jugg DPS,

Merc and Sorc heals, Jugg and Sin tank.

Edited by paowee

Glad that this gives hope to the remaining 8mans who have been attempting this, blindly thinking that its impossible yet still whacking away at it.

Can't wait to see some more kill videos ahead!

Video -

Ah hang on

interesting. Was it just me or were the red circles killing the adds? or were there just a ton of dots on them? cause it looked like no one was bothering with the adds outside of the initial aoe and burning of the caster

interesting. Was it just me or were the red circles killing the adds? or were there just a ton of dots on them? cause it looked like no one was bothering with the adds outside of the initial aoe and burning of the caster

Circles won't deal damage to the adds. If you have terrible placement, they will spawn in them but aside from the circles hindering you, they won't do anything to the adds.

We're now taking a break. 8~ hours of raiding to kill this ridiculous fight, We had 3-4 attempts on Operator but we're just not up for the task anymore right now. We'll come back later and clear the place calmly.

Good luck Suckafish! We hope you kill it.

what was the dps of your DPSers. do you have a group log we can look at or something

yeah will be sorting it out soon. 5am for some guys. The funny thing was it was actually a quite poor attempt from us, we made lots of mistakes but it was a kill so thats all that matters lol.

awesome job,

the sorc bubbleing to save green circles is something i took from this!

Don't take too much from it. I'm really a dps. I just swapped two enhancements in my gear and went heals because our operative had connection issues.