Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a game. People play the characters they have fun playing, in addition to the fun of progression. Unless all classes are balanced perfectly (for Bioware would be impossible) there has to be wiggle room with enrage timers to accommodate players playing the classes they have fun with.

You cannot force a specific group composition without alienating a huge portion of the playerbase (something nobody wants).

We had a member of our guild (Jekel) who probably played the best Shadow/Assassin DPS I have ever seen. He rerolled a Gunslinger in order to raid, then quit the game because he didn't have fun with his Gunslinger and his preferred class just cannot keep up with the other classes in DPS. Honestly sad really.

Regards,

KK

I wanted to quote this cuz it's probably the first thing I've ever agreed with you on in all the posts i've ever read :p

I do believe that nightmare raids should be able to be completed with EVERY group composition, which this particular fight is not. However, I believe that it should take a top 2-3% of every advanced class to complete it (on average, so that could mean u got a 1%'er and an 5%'er would balance eachother out etc.) This is just really difficult at least for BW to accomplish either cuz it's complex OR cuz BW just can't figure it out, I'm not a programmer so idk.

I think ideal setup for this raid would either be 3 mara's and a sniper or 2 mara's and 2 snipers. But they would all have to be top of their class to complete it in present state. I also know that a top of the class merc can be mixed in place of a sniper with minimal loss and can complete it in present state cuz we will but the ideal would be all-swtor mara's and snipers, that's obvious.

Edit: but how many guilds have this, 4 "all-swtor" mara's and snipers or at lease 2 mara/sniper/merc that are all top of their class...not enough to consider this boss tuned properly lol, but i think BW should give everyone 2-3 weeks to try before fixing ( i hope we only need this week, but i know other guilds don't want to quit yet nor do we if we don't this week).

Edited by odawgg

I agree with that assesment. We are currently wiping in the low % with 2xsniper, arsenal merc and a vengence jugg and the lack of bloodthirst really hurts when trying to burn down Heriad before the 3rd shield, It really feels we have to give it our all to do so. Edited by umbak

I think ideal setup for this raid would either be 3 mara's and a sniper or 2 mara's and 2 snipers. But they would all have to be top of their class to complete it in present state. I also know that a top of the class merc can be mixed in place of a sniper with minimal loss and can complete it in present state cuz we will but the ideal would be all-swtor mara's and snipers, that's obvious.

Edit: but how many guilds have this, 4 "all-swtor" mara's and snipers or at lease 2 mara/sniper/merc that are all top of their class...not enough to consider this boss tuned properly lol, but i think BW should give everyone 2-3 weeks to try before fixing ( i hope we only need this week, but i know other guilds don't want to quit yet nor do we if we don't this week).

3 Snipers 1 Mara! :mad:

lol

oh and a jugg tank for armor pen

Edited by paowee

I agree with that assesment. We are currently wiping in the low % with 2xsniper, arsenal merc and a vengence jugg and the lack of bloodthirst really hurts when trying to burn down Heriad before the 3rd shield, It really feels we have to give it our all to do so.

props to DiliH for running it with.. a Vengeance jugg! :eek:

In the attempts I tried, rolling resisted the green motes and would not remove stacks of doom.

i roll over green puddles in the pts. 5 was an exaggeation but i roll through 3 puddles, run to finish other stacks and go back to DPSing. Roovin also does it in the stream but not a lot. I just like using roll in general >_<

Hmm thx for input tho might be something to watch out for for bug reports.

Edited by paowee