[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

MrJurgens

So you dont think a pvp match should be worth the same for the investment?....is pvp somehow worth less for my playing time than an operation? Like pvpers are the illegal immagrants of SWTOR, wait outside Home Depot for your pvp que, hop in the back of the Warzone truck and at the end of the day we will give you a third of what a citizen(pve'er) will make! If you dont like it become a citizen....:cool:

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you dont think a pvp match should be worth the same for the investment?....is pvp somehow worth less for my playing time than an operation? Like pvpers are the illegal immagrants of SWTOR, wait outside Home Depot for your pvp que, hop in the back of the Warzone truck and at the end of the day we will give you a third of what a citizen(pve'er) will make! If you dont like it become a citizen....:cool:

:D Now you just look silly trying to sound like a poor little victim rather than just a lazy gamer. But let's play this game...

What's the minimum you have to do to get paid (exp, credits, comm, valor) in pvp? Hit the queue button, join game, avoid being kicked/afk-booted, and finish the game. You don't have to win, you take no equipment damage, you could pvp naked if you felt like it (though risk a boot!).

What's you minimum payout for "success?" Guaranteed credits, comms, and valor.

Max time commitment: about 18 minutes

Necessary Cost/upkeep: None

As for "Operations"

What's the minimum you have to do to get paid in an operation? Hit the queue (for the lowest tier), join the op, contribute to the damage/heals/tanking depending on spec (You could be "carried" by the team, but if someone doesn't make up for your slack, everyone dies). Have -some- gear. Don't get kicked/booted. Actually defeat the scenario/boss.

What's your minimum payout for success? Credits, sellable "trash items".

Gear/Mats is -not- guaranteed. Your item doesn't always drop, nor are you guaranteed to receive it if there is another of your class.

Max time commitment: Indefinite. it is possible for an operation to last -hours- depending on group.

Necessary Cost: Repairs. The more "fail" your group, the higher it -costs-

Not to say Operations don't have their pay outs, but compared to the amount of work and prep a player must do to participate (relatively successfully) in an operation is much greater than that of PvP, and the risk of no reward is much greater than that of PvP.

Now before you cry. No, I don't feel as though PvP is "no work" or "easy." It can be damn brutal. It can be frustrating, and it can take -ages- to get your wins (I've never had much of an issue, but it happens). Yet all in all, PvP is but 1 (one) facet of the game, SWtor. It has relatively little minimum requirements for participation, little upkeep cost and thus relatively little rewards. It should stay that way.

I didn't read more than "PvP" and "more rewards for PvP'ers"

/signed

^_^ atleast you're not even trying to sound objective.

I'm gonna guess if I wanted "Space Mission" and "More rewards for Space Mission" play, it would have to depend on if you liked space missions or not, rather than if the cost/risk/rewards of space missions are out of line.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

/signed

Just base rewards on medals. If you AFK a warzone, you won't get many medals, hence you won't get much XP or credits.

I would love to be able to level a character entirely via pvp and then go back and run through my class story from start to finish with zero interruptions from annoying, practically mandatory side-quests.

/signed

Just base rewards on medals. If you AFK a warzone, you won't get many medals, hence you won't get much XP or credits.

I would love to be able to level a character entirely via pvp and then go back and run through my class story from start to finish with zero interruptions from annoying, practically mandatory side-quests.

<.< what's stopping you? I just PvP'ed a toon from 10 to 21 and just did Dromund in 30 minutes.

I can't agree with this.

If you want to be successful at this game, you have to play the -entire- game. PvP, Crafting, and PvE. Else, you're just lazy and deserve to only receive 33% of rewards for only focusing on the 33% of the game you "like."

Before anyone says "why should I have to do something I don't like?" it's part of the game. I'm sure there are people who like playing every class but hate leveling... why isn't there a "skip to level 55" option? (Hint: It's cause you have to play the entire game to get what you want.)

We're not lazy. We shouldn't have to play other parts of the game that make up all flustered because it's that boring. You know what? I told my buddy I'd help him level to 55, in exchange that we don't do Makeb at all and that he gives me a full set of Outlaw's Gear. You know what? After 45–47 near the end of Voss, I couldn't put up with it and ended up giving up. I only gained like 20–30k creds from the long amount of time I felt like was practically wasted there. I was literally flustered because I remembered why I almost never PvE—especially because of those planet quests I dare never touch since launch. I don't regret helping him, but I could have spent my time doing other things that I would have enjoyed, and not felt so boring that it was nothing but a grind.

By the way, the amount of rewards we receive is not 33%. Not even close. PvE and crafting makes up for a vast majority of the profit, while PvP takes a seat in the back-burner and gets rewards that are nothing but laughable if that's all you depend on to try and get you by.

Also, the other aspects of the game we don't like are a fundamental part of it, but that doesn't mean we should go through it just to keep ourselves afloat and to level at a much faster rate. We're not lazy, but that's what ruins the game's experience for us because we find it a total grind and to be completely boring. PvP is also a grind. Look at the way the gear progression has been going! But the reason why PvP isn't a grind for us is because we love it. It's the only thing making the game for us, and getting to endgame to PvP at the final bracket is was really makes the game not a chore, but a completely fun thing to put your time into and dedicate.

It's (almost) just as much as PvE, so we should get rewards that aren't a slap in the face.

I play both, on equal levels. ^_^ nice try though.

If people were feeling "successful" at this game with just pvp, there wouldn't be this thread. If you'd like to play the number game, when I left (pre-expansion) I was working on my 7th max level character. All 6 previously had leveled and geared via PvP, PvE, and Crafting (including 2 in full augmented WH). I also had two 37 "super-geared" toons for dinking around in Lowbie pvp for the lolz.

I never had any issue leveling or making money because I played every aspect of the game. I do not feel I am special, and/or deserve everything in game via my one preferred activity. I played the game, the entire game, and was better off for it. So, that's why I (having just as much right as any one on the forum to post anywhere) oppose this petition.

Sorry, but that's not going to work. This thread is for those that majority participate in PvP or strictly do that, and would like to see some recognition for all the hard work and dedication they put into performing their best in PvP.

Alting is a type of gaming related to PvE—something which a majority of PvP'ers don't focus on. That numbers argument won't work here. You yield a lot higher results from alting because you have so many characters, especially for a player like yourself who participates in all the genre's play styles.

An MMO is like a buffet—you eat what you like, and you don't eat what you don't like. Not everyone is going to like EVERYTHING on the table, but there are exceptions to that rule. PvE'ers are going to eat what they normally eat, and so will PvP'ers. The fact that PvE'ers are getting way more rewards for what they love to do unlike PvP'ers is plain ridiculous. PvP is just a serious play style like PvE is.

The majority here are screaming "yay" for more rewards given from playing PvP. You have every right to voice your opinion, but right now the cards are against you. :p

:D Now you just look silly trying to sound like a poor little victim rather than just a lazy gamer. But let's play this game...

What's the minimum you have to do to get paid (exp, credits, comm, valor) in pvp? Hit the queue button, join game, avoid being kicked/afk-booted, and finish the game. You don't have to win, you take no equipment damage, you could pvp naked if you felt like it (though risk a boot!).

What's you minimum payout for "success?" Guaranteed credits, comms, and valor.

Max time commitment: about 18 minutes

Necessary Cost/upkeep: None

As for "Operations"

What's the minimum you have to do to get paid in an operation? Hit the queue (for the lowest tier), join the op, contribute to the damage/heals/tanking depending on spec (You could be "carried" by the team, but if someone doesn't make up for your slack, everyone dies). Have -some- gear. Don't get kicked/booted. Actually defeat the scenario/boss.

What's your minimum payout for success? Credits, sellable "trash items".

Gear/Mats is -not- guaranteed. Your item doesn't always drop, nor are you guaranteed to receive it if there is another of your class.

Max time commitment: Indefinite. it is possible for an operation to last -hours- depending on group.

Necessary Cost: Repairs. The more "fail" your group, the higher it -costs-

Not to say Operations don't have their pay outs, but compared to the amount of work and prep a player must do to participate (relatively successfully) in an operation is much greater than that of PvP, and the risk of no reward is much greater than that of PvP.

Now before you cry. No, I don't feel as though PvP is "no work" or "easy." It can be damn brutal. It can be frustrating, and it can take -ages- to get your wins (I've never had much of an issue, but it happens). Yet all in all, PvP is but 1 (one) facet of the game, SWtor. It has relatively little minimum requirements for participation, little upkeep cost and thus relatively little rewards. It should stay that way.

Stop trying to treat this like it's a game. It's pretty serious because in a way, PvP'ers are victims. We've been getting shafted in so many ways since 2.0 it's not even funny, and the fact that PvE—and especially the Cartel Market—are getting more love and attention by BioWare is more than enough to show you that we're pretty much always getting the short end of the stick.

The way you're explaining the way PvP works makes me think you PvE majorly over PvP. You said you did both equally, but seems like this point of view is subjective—and here's why.

It's more than just "hit the queue button". There's a certain amount of time you have to wait until that queue pops, and it's very bad if you play during graveyard hours (like I do). The more time that passes, the worse it gets because you'll be earning rewards at such a slow rate it's more than laughable—it's just plain sickening.

When you enter a Warzone, it's more than just "start and finish" like you're putting it. You may enter the Warzone during the middle or near the end of it because of a quitter, which already makes your rewards at the end pretty small. If you enter during the beginning, the opposite team may roflstomp you or vice-versa, but you gain much less by losing than winning. And even if you did win, the rewards would still be pretty insignificant because the Warzone didn't last long.

There are so many factors which go into account to yield the amount of rewards you get from Warzones. And we may take no equipment damage, but if you're poorly geared, mathematically you'll do terrible. Because of poor results from bad gear, you don't yield good rewards. You'd get more if you win, but again, there are tons of factors involved that make trying to to justify why PvP'ers get what they get completely stupid. At the end of the day, it's still laughable. No one is going to win all their Warzones for the whole day, and you may lose a majority of them if you're PuG'ing. I must repeat myself—again, more factors. (By the way, we could PvP naked all we want because almost no one uses the "vote to kick" option, and even if they did it would wear off once we enter combat! :p)

Your description of PvE is pretty much no different from PvP. You contribute with whatever spec you use, and you can essentially get carried by a very good premade or something. Again, the factors. Try and have gear, and if you don't just know how to play your class. Skill is involved in PvP, and that's what makes it so competitive. And at the end, try to defeat the opposing team. :rolleyes:

Your payout for running Ops is dailies, weeklies, credits from the missions and trash mobs, using your gathering crew skills, and despite getting the lockout you farm those comms and it'll be easier to get those mats inside the Op.

The max time commitment for Operations is indefinite, but progressing through Warzones is just as bad if you lose a lot of your games (for whatever reason) and if you only have ONE daily and weekly. :rolleyes:

As for the cost, you guys will most likely end up breaking group if gets to the point where you a majority gives up. Besides, you guys end up making it up because you all do lots of crafting and do lots of PvE—both which yield a ridiculously high amount of rewards. PvP is just as much as a timesink as PvE and crafting, because PvP also takes skill, gear, synergy, etc.

Stop trying to spin this that Ops require more labor than PvP. Just read what I said above and that pretty much disproves what you're saying.

These Rebuttals Are Getting Old Dude... PvP is just as teamwork-based and as much of a timesink as PvE. Sure, the rewards we should get probably shouldn't be as high as PvE (because of the repair, etc.), but we at least need rewards that are not laughable if that's our only source of income. And think of Ranked Warzones like Nightmare-level Operations, but only more dynamic and way less scripted. :p

^_^ atleast you're not even trying to sound objective.

I'm gonna guess if I wanted "Space Mission" and "More rewards for Space Mission" play, it would have to depend on if you liked space missions or not, rather than if the cost/risk/rewards of space missions are out of line.

Stop trying to use "space missions" as a scapegoat. I hear the leveling and rewards it grants are great (space missions are pretty much another form of PvE), so now, please tell me why space missions should yield better rewards than PvP? :rolleyes:

<.< what's stopping you? I just PvP'ed a toon from 10 to 21 and just did Dromund in 30 minutes.

What may be "stopping him" is that he'd like to get to endgame faster via PvP, and not feel like he's enticed to do any form of PvE to do it.

If you PvP'd a toon from 10–21 AND did Dromund Kaas in 30 minutes, please enlighten me on how better the results were from those boring planet quests than the Warzones. Everyone here who agrees with the petition would sure love to hear it. :rolleyes:

I totally disagree.

Not signing this.

Okay. Why? Please elaborate.

Edited by MrJurgens

Obviously your F2P? or a KOTOR fan? IDK but name the additions for pvp??? Bolster doesnt count, pvp communtity did NOT ask for it nor want it. other than a new tier of gear that is not as good as pve crafted items via bolster we have not got anything for pvp....not even a cool mount....thos only come from pve or CM

No I'm a sub, KOTOR fan, & console gamer at heart.

And if u read my comment, I said those of us who don't PvP but play for story feel just as left out as u do....it's that "certain point of view" thing....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643290

I can't agree with this.

If you want to be successful at this game, you have to play the -entire- game. PvP, Crafting, and PvE. Else, you're just lazy and deserve to only receive 33% of rewards for only focusing on the 33% of the game you "like."

Before anyone says "why should I have to do something I don't like?" it's part of the game. I'm sure there are people who like playing every class but hate leveling... why isn't there a "skip to level 55" option? (Hint: It's cause you have to play the entire game to get what you want.)

This is a stupid argument. Honestly. The problem you seem to be ignoring is that there's absolutely NOTHING to be gained by PvPing, which means every other activity (crafting, PvE, RP) is rewarded better. Players are driven to those activities, they aren't driven to PvP.

We're not lazy. We shouldn't have to play other parts of the game that make up all flustered because it's that boring. You know what? I told my buddy I'd help him level to 55, in exchange that we don't do Makeb at all and that he gives me a full set of Outlaw's Gear. You know what? After 45–47 near the end of Voss, I couldn't put up with it and ended up giving up. I only gained like 20–30k creds from the long amount of time I felt like was practically wasted there. I was literally flustered because I remembered why I almost never PvE—especially because of those planet quests I dare never touch since launch. I don't regret not helping him, but I could have spent my time doing other things that I would have enjoyed, and not felt so boring that it was nothing but a grind.

Have you considered MMO's might not be right for you? I'm reminded of a review/article of Dead Space 3 (I think) and Xbox market place allowing Downloads that let you skip the "boring" levels. It said "If you find major parts of the game -so- boring you'd pay to skip them, either you're playing the wrong game or the game is just poorly designed."

Having quit a few times myself, I'm willing to also believe the latter part.

By the way, the amount of rewards we receive is not 33%. Not even close. PvE and crafting makes up for a vast majority of the profit, while PvP takes a seat in the back-burner and gets rewards that are nothing but laughable if that's all you depend on to try and get you by.

Please excuse me, I was using a figurative number. Considering the amount of things considered part of the PvE "package" it would seem PvP is less than 33% of the game. (compare 4 maps and a few sets of gear to a dozen flashpoints, several operations, 4-5 planets of dailies, three dozen or so space missions, a dozen or so planets and the 8 different storylines). Oddly enough, doesn't that make it's reward percentage rather fitting?

Though let's not forget, the rewards of PvP aren't just measured in credits, but also comms (ie. a pvp specific currency to buy gear, consumables, and last I checked even PvP lock boxes with crafting mats inside).

Also, the other aspects of the game we don't like are a fundamental part of it, but that doesn't mean we should go through it just to keep ourselves afloat and to level at a much faster rate. We're not lazy, but that's what ruins the game's experience for us because we find it a total grind and to be completely boring. PvP is also a grind. Look at the way the gear progression has been going! But the reason why PvP isn't a grind for us is because we love it. It's the only thing making the game for us, and getting to endgame to PvP at the final bracket is was really makes the game not a chore, but a completely fun thing to put your time into and dedicate.

It's (almost) just as much as PvE, so we should get rewards that aren't a slap in the face.

Please see the above reply for a comparison of approximate "PvE" to "PvP" content.

Sorry, but that's not going to work. This thread is for those that majority participate in PvP or strictly do that, and would like to see some recognition for all the hard work and dedication they put into performing their best in PvP.

Alting is a type of gaming related to PvE—something which a majority of PvP'ers don't focus on. That numbers argument won't work here. You yield a lot higher results from alting because you have so many characters, especially for a player like yourself who participates in all the genre's play styles.

Alting is a universal part of the game. However, my reply came in turn to someone else trying to throw their number of 'alts" around and pretend it meant they knew more. I personally don't feel the number of alts, number of wins, number of kills, number of flashpoints, number of friends, or number of hot dogs you can eat has any impact on whether or not someone has more right/privilege to weigh in on a public forum.

An MMO is like a buffet—you eat what you like, and you don't eat what you don't like. Not everyone is going to like EVERYTHING on the table, but there are exceptions to that rule. PvE'ers are going to eat what they normally eat, and so will PvP'ers. The fact that PvE'ers are getting way more rewards for what they love to do unlike PvP'ers is plain ridiculous. PvP is just a serious play style like PvE is.

The majority here are screaming "yay" for more rewards given from playing PvP. You have every right to voice your opinion, but right now the cards are against you. :p

I think it would be better said as "MMO's have become like a buffet." They originally didn't have this content type split, nor the "PvE'ers vs. PvP'ers" theme.

On to the next bit, I love the term "Play style." It always makes me laugh, especially since I often see it used as justification for wanting things like a "solo queue" cause "Casual PvP'er" is just as acceptable as a play style as "Premaders" or "Hardcore PvP'ers."

Before you believe I'm calling you a casual, I'm not. However, there's really only one "serious" playstyle, and that is

"Playing to Win." Someone who plays to win will do whatever they need to do so. Be it stand in a corner and use an endless energy loop (Street Fighter) or utilizing all the content available to help them progress (MMO).

Stop trying to treat this like it's a game. It's pretty serious because in a way, PvP'ers are victims. We've been getting shafted in so many ways since 2.0 it's not even funny, and the fact that PvE—and especially the Cartel Market—are getting more love and attention by BioWare is more than enough to show you that we're pretty much always getting the short end of the stick.

The way you're explaining the way PvP works makes me think you PvE majorly over PvP. You said you did both equally, but seems like this point of view is subjective—and here's why.

It's more than just "hit the queue button". There's a certain amount of time you have to wait until that queue pops, and it's very bad if you play during graveyard hours (like I do). The more time that passes, the worse it gets because you'll be earning rewards at such a slow rate it's more than laughable—it's just plain sickening.

When you enter a Warzone, it's more than just "start and finish" like you're putting it. You may enter the Warzone during the middle or near the end of it because of a quitter, which already makes your rewards at the end pretty small. If you enter during the beginning, the opposite team may roflstomp you or vice-versa, but you gain much less by losing than winning. And even if you did win, the rewards would still be pretty insignificant because the Warzone didn't last long.

There are so many factors which go into account to yield the amount of rewards you get from Warzones. And we may take no equipment damage, but if you're poorly geared, mathematically you'll do terrible. Because of poor results from bad gear, you don't yield good rewards. You'd get more if you win, but again, there are tons of factors involved that make trying to to justify why PvP'ers get what they get completely stupid. At the end of the day, it's still laughable. No one is going to win all their Warzones for the whole day, and you may lose a majority of them if you're PuG'ing. I must repeat myself—again, more factors. (By the way, we could PvP naked all we want because almost no one uses the "vote to kick" option, and even if they did it would wear off once we enter combat! :p)

I agree, Dev's need to focus on more for PvP. New maps, new game types, Open World areas, (dare I say?) Arena's maybe, at least 4 vs 4 ranked, proper matchmaking, more dailies/opportunity for rewards based on new content.

Simply upping the rewards for warzones isn't the answer though as face it, the barrier for entry into PvP matches is low, at least some rewards are guaranteed, and the upkeep cost is next to negligent.

Your description of PvE is pretty much no different from PvP. You contribute with whatever spec you use, and you can essentially get carried by a very good premade or something. Again, the factors. Try and have gear, and if you don't just know how to play your class. Skill is involved in PvP, and that's what makes it so competitive. And at the end, try to defeat the opposing team. :rolleyes:

Your payout for running Ops is dailies, weeklies, credits from the missions and trash mobs, using your gathering crew skills, and despite getting the lockout you farm those comms and it'll be easier to get those mats inside the Op.

Yes, starting Flashpoints/Operations can be very similar to a PvP match (though almost at least double in time length), and if you are using group finder you have a wait just like a PvP match. The Fundmental difference between them is a PvP match has a minimum reward and can always be a -profit- while Ops/Fps can yield negative results.

Also, your pay out for Ops only come if you -can- complete the operation/fps. Unless something has changed, you can essentially fail your way through a PvP daily.

The max time commitment for Operations is indefinite, but progressing through Warzones is just as bad if you lose a lot of your games (for whatever reason) and if you only have ONE daily and weekly. :rolleyes:

As for the cost, you guys will most likely end up breaking group if gets to the point where you a majority gives up. Besides, you guys end up making it up because you all do lots of crafting and do lots of PvE—both which yield a ridiculously high amount of rewards. PvP is just as much as a timesink as PvE and crafting, because PvP also takes skill, gear, synergy, etc.

[

Stop trying to spin this that Ops require more labor than PvP. Just read what I said above and that pretty much disproves what you're saying.

<.< Common sense shows Ops are more labor than a PvP match (or several). Ops ("highest tier" of PvE) require as many people as a PvP team, need a specific combination of roles to even have a chance of completing, take longer than a PvP match, and require an -actual- success to be rewarding.

Also, please stop trying to add Operations and Crafting as being "One and the Same." Not all Raider's craft, not all Crafter's raids. Not all Raider's merchant (the act of playing the market), not all Merchants craft, and even not all Crafter's merchant either.

In -my- loose comparison, I compared what the poster before me compared, which was Operation/Raiding to PvP. No where was crafting, merchanting, or even planetary dailies, compared.

These Rebuttals Are Getting Old Dude... PvP is just as teamwork-based and as much of a timesink as PvE. Sure, the rewards we should get probably shouldn't be as high as PvE (because of the repair, etc.), but we at least need rewards that are not laughable if that's our only source of income. And think of Ranked Warzones like Nightmare-level Operations, but only more dynamic and way less scripted. :p

Just cause something's getting old doesn't make it less true "Dude."

Stop trying to use "space missions" as a scapegoat. I hear the leveling and rewards it grants are great (space missions are pretty much another form of PvE), so now, please tell me why space missions should yield better rewards than PvP? :rolleyes:

Someone missed the point. I commented on the person's objectivity, as they stated they had only read "PvP" and "More Rewards for PvP" and said yes. It's thoughtless and greedy to automatically vote more for something you like without considering costs, time commitment, effort needed, risks, and rewards accordingly. The mention of space missions was an example. I could have said "Old People" and "Tax Cuts for Old People" and it would appear his/her answer would still hinge upon whether or not he/she is one of the people getting the tax cut.

What may be "stopping him" is that he'd like to get to endgame faster via PvP, and not feel like he's enticed to do any form of PvE to do it.

There is still nothing stopping him from non-stop PvP to endgame in a decent amount of time. Someone solely doing Planet/Storyline missions is gonna take as long. Someone solely doing FP's is going to take as long, Someone only doing space missions going to take probably longer.

<.< but that one peep (me!) who does PvP dailies, FP dailies, Story Missions, Heroic Dailies, and Space dailies... ^_^ that's another story, cause I'm using multiple pieces of the game.

If you PvP'd a toon from 10–21 AND did Dromund Kaas in 30 minutes, please enlighten me on how better the results were from those boring planet quests than the Warzones. Everyone here who agrees with the petition would sure love to hear it. :rolleyes:

My exp bar moved from about 10% to about 25%. <.< I was 7-9 levels over the mobs and skipping everything but the story line to get my ship and my companion. >.> I'd easily have made that 15% in 2-3 warzones at my level. Your point?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let me ask you this:

Let's say the Dev's say 'Hey, sure let's up the credits from warzones cause those PvP-only people really don't deserve to be left out."

Now you get (using hypothetical numbers!) 100k credits just like people doing Planetary Dailies. You've got income, yay!

>.> What about me? The person who does dailies while I'm in the queue (not to mention FP-Dailies atm)? I'm getting 100k from Dailies and 100k from PvP, so I'm getting 200k now, yay!

Merchants (or Crafters) now know I can now afford to pay more for augments, stims, mods, and frilly dresses for my toons, so they raise prices.

Uh oh! Now you still need double your current income to afford those things again, and I'm still happily paying the higher prices cause, hell... I am rich now!

<.< ya think of that? Maybe there's a reason certain pieces of content only give certain amounts?

This is a stupid argument. Honestly. The problem you seem to be ignoring is that there's absolutely NOTHING to be gained by PvPing, which means every other activity (crafting, PvE, RP) is rewarded better. Players are driven to those activities, they aren't driven to PvP.

Nothing to be gained?

Can you not sell warzone medpacks? Can you not use your comms any more for crafting mat lockboxes? Or schematics. I'm even in game and see you can trade them for -planetary- comms. >.> Where the hell is the planetary comm for wz comm trade (seriously though, if there is one lemme know where!)

Again, PvP also has no mandatory upkeep cost! You have no repairs. You don't have to use wz medpacks, but if you do you can still gain them via comms (not credits).

Not to mention, PvP even has it's own gear that is viable in at least some tiers of Endgame PvE. GEAR!

To say there is nothing to be gained from PvP either makes you ignorant, or a liar. Pick your poison.

Nothing to be gained?

Can you not sell warzone medpacks? yes but I would rather use them to stay alive in warzonesCan you not use your comms any more for crafting mat lockboxes?Sure but need to grind my gear 1st Or schematics. I'm even in game and see you can trade them for -planetary- comms. >.> Where the hell is the planetary comm for wz comm trade (seriously though, if there is one lemme know where!)not there but if it was it would be like the ranked for regular trade, where you would get 1 regular warzone comm for 1 planetary comm -- no thank you

Again, PvP also has no mandatory upkeep cost! You have no repairs.fair enough You don't have to use wz medpacksunless you want to stay alive longer in warzones, but if you do you can still gain them via comms (not credits)after you get your gear.

Not to mention, PvP even has it's own gear that is viable in at least some tiers of Endgame PvE. GEAR!I believe level 54 PVE gear is currently considered BIS for 55 bracket PvP,and even after it is fixed due to bolster PvE gear will always be "viable" in regular warzones

To say there is nothing to be gained from PvP either makes you ignorant, or a liar. Pick your poison.

There is more than nothing to be gained, but the level of rewards is so off par with PvE that it needs to be adjusted, and no reason for name calling

Nothing to be gained?

Can you not sell warzone medpacks? Can you not use your comms any more for crafting mat lockboxes? Or schematics. I'm even in game and see you can trade them for -planetary- comms. >.> Where the hell is the planetary comm for wz comm trade (seriously though, if there is one lemme know where!)

Again, PvP also has no mandatory upkeep cost! You have no repairs. You don't have to use wz medpacks, but if you do you can still gain them via comms (not credits).

Not to mention, PvP even has it's own gear that is viable in at least some tiers of Endgame PvE. GEAR!

Nothing to be gained over other activities...yes. Everything else is much more rewarding. How many warzone medpacks are you using on your Ops runs? If you PvP, you know you get inundated with stims these days...it costs me more to augment a piece of armor than I could imagine making by selling a stack 99 of them.

PvP gear is nowhere near "viable" in endgame PvE. The only place that might possibly be true is in a classic (level 50) Op or a story mode of the newer ops.

You are free to disagree with me, but to insult me because I believe differently than you is just childish. Keep your insults to yourself.

Nothing to be gained over other activities...yes. Everything else is much more rewarding. How many warzone medpacks are you using on your Ops runs? If you PvP, you know you get inundated with stims these days...it costs me more to augment a piece of armor than I could imagine making by selling a stack 99 of them.

PvP gear is nowhere near "viable" in endgame PvE. The only place that might possibly be true is in a classic (level 50) Op or a story mode of the newer ops.

You are free to disagree with me, but to insult me because I believe differently than you is just childish. Keep your insults to yourself.

Stack of wz medpacks runs 50-100k - if you're lucky, someone may sell em for less than that. Stims are lol (25k a stack, tops).

I can make 100k in about an hour doing dailies in makeb, prolly more. My faster-ish in completing dailies in PvP would net me about 75 warzone medpacks in an hour. That would be trading in all of my wz coms for medpacks. PvE you get to keep your coms and coin.

The whole "Just sell wz medpacks to make similar money as PvE!" argument is unrealistic and silly unless you have both sets of full min-max conqueror.

Edited by Maelael

Nothing to be gained over other activities...yes. Everything else is much more rewarding.

A failed/poor Ops run can be 10x more expensive (negative profit) than a "lost" warzone and can take 4-5 times as long. Ops are also subject to lock outs.

Same goes for a failed HM Flashpoint with the exception of lock outs.

About the only "PvE" venture that's safe and yields a 'guaranteed' reward is planetary dailies (kinda have to be a rock to fail those) and those are solo ventures that take 15-30 (per planet, only really need to do 1 a day to remain competitive) minutes and can be done in the old recruit gear.

If players can't stand 15 minutes of Solo mob killing... it's lazy, pure and simple.

The whole "Just sell wz medpacks to make similar money as PvE!" argument is unrealistic and silly unless you have both sets of full min-max conqueror.

The post mentioned is in reference to there being "nothing to gain" from PvP, which is simply a fallacy. Gear, Crafting Mats, Schematics, and guaranteed -some- credits even if a loss aside, the point was you could even -sell- warzone medpacks. In no way did I suggest selling medpacks should be your main (or only) income source (though I've sold quite a few on alts during leveling to more than pay for their extra credit needs).

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

A failed/poor Ops run can be 10x more expensive (negative profit) than a "lost" warzone and can take 4-5 times as long. Ops are also subject to lock outs.

FP's aren't subject to lockouts. They take 15min with a good group. I've never failed a HM FP either...you have?!

FP's aren't subject to lockouts. They take 15min with a good group. I've never failed a HM FP either...you have?!

Same goes for a failed HM Flashpoint with the exception of lock outs.

Amazing when you can tell someone isn't actually reading and has little to actually add.

A failed HM can still take multiple wz lengths to complete. As I run with a guild, I can't say failing them is a common occurrence. However, should someone fail to contribute to an HM, no one gets anything. If someone doesn't help in a Wz, they still receive some token of rewards.

Amazing when you can tell someone isn't actually reading and has little to actually add.

I'll get to reading your stuff right after I finish beating my head against the wall. It's next on my to-not-do list.

Nothing to be gained?

....if you only pvp the coms you suggest using for selling to make a profit are precious, good pvpers USE this medpacks and adrenals to be competive with the others that use them lol....we buy gear with them...level 20, 40, and 55 sets....

we are not asking for 100k per wz or anything crazy but we can all agree for 15 mins in a losing huttball 6k credits is a joke

I would love to see as you and many others have pointed out, we need more goal oriented quests to allow more income...even world pvp quests like the gree event..if i earned coms for questing id be more inclined.

go back to pve