[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

MrJurgens

i feel the problem with increasing pvp rewards will lower the population of pve players and cause an ingame economy crash then u will have a ton of credits to craft and buy anything that is unneeded for your situation "pvp", and then sell said crafted items at a much higher cost because all your "pvp" friends will have a higher amount of credits with well nothing to buy or spend cause lets face i if u "strictly pvp" u dont have to worry about things like repairs, medpacks, adrenals which on a normal raid night is in the high 150-200k for an upcoming prgression guild and if our rading everynight and have a job u have no time to do dailys everyday to earn your cash so i think its pretty balaneced as is , you can buy everything you need with wz comms and complaining about your 5 min que times ... lol have you ever qued for a fp or op quit qq about EVERYTHING . this is why dev ignore the pvp community just a bunch of crybabys

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eat nothing but meat, 24 hours a day. I'm absolutely capped on protein.

However, I'm told that I need carbohydrates and vitamins to be as healthy as other people.

There is free bread and vegetables right over there, all I have to do is take the time to walk to it.

But I hate bread and think vegetables are boring. I absolutely refuse to eat them, no matter how easy they are to acquire, or that I can eat them in between eating meat.

Instead, I want butchers to start injecting my meat with carbohydrates and want the government to give me a free vitamin pill.

However, I'm told that I need carbohydrates and vitamins to be as healthy as other people.

There is free bread and vegetables right over there, all I have to do is take the time to walk to it.

But I hate bread and think vegetables are boring. I absolutely refuse to eat them, no matter how easy they are to acquire, or that I can eat them in between eating meat.

Instead, I want butchers to start injecting my meat with carbohydrates and want the government to give me a free vitamin pill.

Cute analogy, but doesn't really apply here.

most fail analogy ever

nobody is asking for anything for free.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Well, how about a cash reward per medal, instead of a general lump sum at the end?

For example, 1k per medal. If the average Joe gets something between 8-12 medals per WZ, then that's a good 8-12k each match.

Also, so it doesn't turn into a deathmatch for medals, why not increase or decrease those earnings depending on if you win or not. Something like 25% either way.

EG: Guy with 8 medals on the winning team. 8,000 + 25% = 10,000 credits

Guy with 12 medals on the opposite team, 12,000 - 25% = 9,000 credits.

This way, you have a decent cash flow coming in, along with an incentive to win :)

So PVPers are carnivores and PVEers are vegetarians? Sounds about right :rak_07:.

I do both and enjoy a well-balanced diet. Which has nothing do with the fact that PVP payouts are weak and there haven't been any convincing arguments posted as to why they should stay that way.

So PVPers are carnivores and PVEers are vegetarians? Sounds about right :rak_07:.

I do both and enjoy a well-balanced diet. Which has nothing do with the fact that PVP payouts are weak and there haven't been any convincing arguments posted as to why they should stay that way.

<.< That's exactly the problem. (Kinda sad I didn't come up with it first).

Further more:

People break it down into PvP and PvE, lumping a whole mess of content into the "PvE" category and then complain that PvP isn't up to par, despite the PvP content (not to mention cost) being a -fraction- of the actual game. In order for a player to "succeed" in the game she/he should participate in every different category of the game (atleast a little bit.)

Yet there's a fraction of player who think they should only have to do a small percent of the content and get an equal amount for it. That's bull.

I'd estimate Warzones (a form of PvP) are about equal to Flashpoints/Operations (A form of PvE). It's a loose comparison* as there are more flashpoints than PvP maps, but in terms of teamwork, queue times, and risk vs. reward (PvP low reward-low risk, flashpoints medium reward-medium risk) etc... that's how the level/tier/whatever compares.

The issue is people are comparing Warzones as not being equal to Planetary Dailies in terms of credits... but planetary dailies are a solo activity, and they do not -compare- to Warzones in any shape or form. -Everyone- should do Planetary Dailies. Raiders, Crafters, Merchants, PvP'ers...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think Warzone rewards should be buffed. That is not to say the PvP aspect of the game isn't getting a raw deal, just that people are comparing apples to oranges in thinking Warzones need to somehow break even for a multitude of other content that requires varied levels of players, teamwork, time, effort, and risk.

There should be a push for -more- pvp content (not to say there isn't) that equates to other forms of "PvE" content, not just tacked on rewards to a small fraction of the -Game- activities out there. Then, rewards can be added to them.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

<.< That's exactly the problem. (Kinda sad I didn't come up with it first).

Further more:

*Clip*

I get your points, haven't seen any posts asking for WZs to pay the same as PVE stuff, might be some around though. Besides the fact that they're relatively shorter I don't think PVP matches should pay on par with PVE, but still think a modest bump would be useful. Personally I wouldn't benefit much, when I want $ I do other stuff and use the market regularly.

But there are plenty of PVP-only types, PVP guilds, same as there are for PVE only. I can't see any reasons why PVP shouldn't offer a bit more payout-wise. PVP-only players I've known don't change up and do other stuff, they bail. If there aren't any serious downsides why not payout more?

Edit: Yeah agreed on more PVP content. There have been reams of community requests and ideas fed to the machine over time, and attaching more reward to those would be a good thing too.

Edited by Joesixxpack

But there are plenty of PVP-only types, PVP guilds, same as there are for PVE only. I can't see any reasons why PVP shouldn't offer a bit more payout-wise. PVP-only players I've known don't change up and do other stuff, they bail. If there aren't any serious downsides why not payout more?

I'm going to guess general principle isn't going to be enough for you but I'll say it any way. It shouldn't be raised because there's no reason it should be. PvP'ers upkeep has no credit cost, their main consumables come from comms, and anything else such as stims, grenades, or augments can be solved via crafting themselves, which is not a PvE activity.

I'll take it a step further and also add that if depending on the bump to PvP wz's rewards, you'll encounter an issue of inflation from people like me, who often run dailies while in the pvp queue. PvP'ers are earning X amount, "Raiders" are earning Y amount (that for PvP'ers to be happy, must be close) and I am earning X and Y. I've got double income, prices rise because people like me can afford it.

Now if PvP'ers and Raiders both receive little credits from their respective "activities" and the main source of credits comes from a 3rd activity (say, solo, short run dailies?)...

Edit: Yeah agreed on more PVP content. There have been reams of community requests and ideas fed to the machine over time, and attaching more reward to those would be a good thing too.

Gonna agree to your agreement. This is the true place the Dev's are failing their PvP community.

I'll take it a step further and also add that if depending on the bump to PvP wz's rewards, you'll encounter an issue of inflation from people like me, who often run dailies while in the pvp queue. PvP'ers are earning X amount, "Raiders" are earning Y amount (that for PvP'ers to be happy, must be close) and I am earning X and Y. I've got double income, prices rise because people like me can afford it.

That's not actually how it works. You will lose the creds you can make from PVE things while you are in the PvP warzone.

I would just like you to understand that, as a diehard PvPer, PvP warzones are ALL that I can do to progress in the game. Just as you must complete your PvE quests to get PvE comms. But you know what's great about your PvE quests? You get paid well for them, while I go poor just from doing crew skill missions and min/maxing my gear.

That's not actually how it works. You will lose the creds you can make from PVE things while you are in the PvP warzone.

I would just like you to understand that, as a diehard PvPer, PvP warzones are ALL that I can do to progress in the game. Just as you must complete your PvE quests to get PvE comms. But you know what's great about your PvE quests? You get paid well for them, while I go poor just from doing crew skill missions and min/maxing my gear.

There's a queue time for pvp isn't there? I'm doing dailies while essentially waiting in line.

Yet hear what I'm saying. If all someone did was Flashpoints (the most comparable PvE equivalent to a Warzone in terms of time, teamwork, risk, reward) they'ed be in the same exact boat as a "PvP'er."

There's the fault in this threads logic, it's comparing Warzones to a broad spectrum of "PvE" content, namely planetary dailies (which everyone should do. Don't think raiders hold any special love for planetary dailies, they just do them without complaint).

My point, is there is no "PvP" activity to compare to Planetary Dailies. There in lies the problem, either there needs to be new PvP content to equal dailies, or PvP'ers need to be told to suck it up and do Planetary Dailies, just like -everyone- else.

I really like the idea of cascading weeklies for PvPers. If we have 9 wins by Wednesday and have already completed dailies, the folks only interested in PvP will continue to run warzones, and should continue to have some reasonable reward to look forward too. Something to help cover the costs of stims, augment kits, and rearranging mods.

If there is anything the PvP community spends money on, it is our custimization. A major component of the game is looking fantastic while fighting dirty imp oppression.

The main issue with the have and have nots in pvp is how wz comms and valor is awarded.

Wins for daily/weekly missions is an issue. Not winning = poor rewards, which means the "haves" gear up and hold down the "have nots" far longer than needed.

Change weeklies/dailys to games played. Even out valor/wz comms rewards so winners receive 100%, losers of matches receive 80%. Its not winning or losing that matter in pvp, its playing. If you make rewards about wins/losses, then only half the participating population can gain proper rewards, and eventually the losing side just leaves rather than climb a gear wall against fully geared and better players who are, in effect, holding them down.

In addition to this, increase WZ credit rewards significantly.

We are quite tired of having to play PVE to afford pvp.

But the valor/comms changes are paramount to pvp being popular and enjoyed by the majority of players in the game,not just the elite teams who win all day.

Its a double edged sword i suppose, rewarding people for losing and being bad is not the intention, the intention is to have a pvp game that most of the playerbase can enjoy and is properly incentivized. And it wont make one bit of difference to the winners, except that the losers will be better geared in a more appropriate amount of time, and give them one less thing to cry about premades rolling them.

If the devs cant see that their combat system and pvp has the potential to be great in this game, and its their own in game systems holding it back, then pvp in this game is truly doomed.

other than the one naysayer...seems like everyone that is a pvper would agree our rewards for pvp are low'

the cost of augmenting and removing mods from gear is crazy(if you a pvper) there is no way you can afford everything without either...

Stop playing what you love and go do something you hate just to gain credits(its a game, games you should enjoy, not be forced to do something you dont like in order to make what you do like better)

or...and this is where i think BWs focus is...

Buy cartel coins and sell cartel items on the gtm!!!!

the later is what i do because my time is precious and i refuse to go "farming" instead of "playing" after literaly working 11-12 hours, when i come home i want to enjoy my game not feel like im doing more "work"

If there is anything the PvP community spends money on, it is our custimization. A major component of the game is looking fantastic while fighting dirty imp oppression.

I like being a very fashionable guy irl, and I bring that to my gaming experience. Right now I have my eyes set on the Huttball gear (both the "Home" and "Away" sets), and it's going to cost a ton but I'm just PvPing on one toon while saving up his cash to see if I can ever afford *at least* one version of either set.

I'm not even close, but I'm trying my best to save up. It sucks I can't afford to be fashionable with the rewards gained from Warzones. I can't even keep myself afloat. :(

Please buff shadow dps, smashers and snipers more please. Thats what the game really needs. Not more money from wzs. :rolleyes:

I have no words...

:rak_02:

GUYS, don't forget to sign the website petition! It's more organized (no debates there), and I think it'll be a +1 from BW if they see the supporters signing there. :)

I like broccoli, but I don't really care for apples. Many people don't like broccoli, but I think they should be forced to eat it. After all, if people aren't forced to eat it, it's possible that they would only eat apples. Eventually, almost nobody would be eating broccoli and it would suddenly become very difficult for me to purchase broccoli due to the low demand. Grocery stores would finally stop carrying it altogether and I would no longer be able to eat it. There would be nothing but apples. I'm not eating apples - I want everybody else to be forced to eat broccoli.