Cross Server Queues.

Necrotiq

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Competitive PVP will be dead on all servers but two after transfers come. I wouldn't have to transfer if we had cross server ques

Edit - I come from the Harbinger and all the competitive teams will be moving on

It's split on my server. Some are saying they are going to bastion, some going to pot5. Either way, come transfers my server will be dead pvp wise. I don't even see the point really. There are only 8 NA servers...I get some people have stranded toons from when servers got merged, but that should be on bioware to fix. But I guess why do that when they can make $20 a toon I guess....bleh.

I like that this topic doesn't have a bioware response icon, so that the pvper's will hopefully not notice it and all immediately unsub.

Wow I didn't even notice...Good job BW.

I'm not sure what other MMORPG these days doesn't have cross-server queues, only swtor is still sticking to the stone age losing players because of the insanely long server queues. I don't understand this approach at all, would love an elaboration on why setting up a few additional continental servers for cross-queues is such a hard task, are your technician droids so outdated that they cannot handle the task? I can smuggle some new ones your sector if it makes xqueues happen. Got my fastest ship in the sector after all.

P.S. few moments later I realized, server transfers. Well of course, it's better to make players pay you for transfers, than put up a service that actually requires YOU to shell out cash :)

Exactly, almost perfect criticism. Anyway, I expect the wait time for xserver que to take a 1-2 years.

Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

:jawa_smile:

What i dont understand is virtually every mmo including new ones coming out / that came out had cross server pvp ques at release. I do not claim to be a programer at all but if they can do it why cant a pro gaming company like BW do it? Cross server pvp ques would go along way in keeping subs. to be honest i hate waiting forever in que watching my valor consumable tick away in que. please reconsider cross server pvp ques,

promises promises promises thats all bw is good for. after 2.1 hit live the *****torm about a CC only update was talked down with the promise of 2.2 beeing a MASSIV content update which turns out to be more a less a joke update.

i wouldnt get my hopes up 2.4 will bring anything good to the pvp game, bioware words are worthless imho (proven many times).

Edited by Neglience

Competitive PVP will be dead on all servers but two after transfers come. I wouldn't have to transfer if we had cross server ques

Edit - I come from the Harbinger and all the competitive teams will be moving on

not really. most who transfer to bastion will transfer back to their original servers after a month or so.

go ahead and kiss a large chunk of your pvp subs goodbye.

It remains to be seen, but mine's gone today. I still poke around and do my dailies more days then not, but the love of the game's pretty much gone now.

I like that this topic doesn't have a bioware response icon, so that the pvper's will hopefully not notice it and all immediately unsub.
you clearly didnt read this whole thread, didnt you?

a bioware employee posted something earlier.

you know, guys like you make pvpers look bad

you clearly didnt read this whole thread, didnt you?

a bioware employee posted something earlier.

you know, guys like you make pvpers look bad

I did, I saw the response, I'm talking about the forum listing in the general discussion area, there is no yellow B to indicate Bioware dev's had responded, hence the secrecy and not wanting reprisals.

Fact huh? Source? Sounds like you're dreaming tbh...

I made this conclusion after "Summer of SWTOR" post. 90% of the text about PvE and 10% about PvP.

Bioware's priority is clear.

And yeah, sad to say, but Gabe Amatangelo probably left the PvP team long ago.

I made this conclusion after "Summer of SWTOR" post. 97% of the text about PvE and 3% about PvP.

Bioware's priority is clear.

And yeah, sad to say, but Gabe Amatangelo probably left the PvP team long ago.

fixed that for as bioware is removing one of the things they promise in 2.2 :rolleyes:

so 2.2 has less for pvp

I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy how combat works...when the games engine cooperates and doesn't hitch with double GCD's or double animations or when the servers desync and I end up 10m away after I leap, or I get rubberbanded back to a root after I force speed or...ya you get the idea.

It started in 1.4 actually and continues untill now. 9 months have passed, nothing changed. :(

Also, add to this list Smuggler's move into cover (Not to be confused with Hightail It or Scamper). It's when you see green silhouette and press key bind "Move to cover" to roll to the object, but character just rolls in place and doesn't go into 'Cover' state(that one was in the game since release).

Edited by GNWP

fixed that for as bioware is removing one of the things they promise in 2.2 :rolleyes:

so 2.2 has less for pvp

That's because what they promised in 2.2 sucked for actual PvP. Only bads wanted it to go live.

Edited by islander

promises promises promises thats all bw is good for. after 2.1 hit live the *****torm about a CC only update was talked down with the promise of 2.2 beeing a MASSIV content update which turns out to be more a less a joke update.

i wouldnt get my hopes up 2.4 will bring anything good to the pvp game, bioware words are worthless imho (proven many times).

I hope they put something good or I see a lot of PvP players leaving for greener pastures. I have 17 days left and will only resub if 2.4 is worth it but with no information what so ever on what to expect unsubbing in the first place was a no brainer.

Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

/unsub.

Get this back on the priority list, preferably at the damn top, or pvp in this game is dead to me.

You have ~2 months before 2.4 is due to release, so plenty of time to get it done.

Please note that this is in addition to adding multiple new warzones, new huttball maps, new game modes, leader boards, arenas and the start of season 1.

If you start season 1 without cross server queues, you will have failed even more epicly than you did with Ilum!

I just started playing Rift as it is now completely f2p.

Average WZ queue in rift: 30 seconds.

Average WZ queue in swtor: ~5 minutes.

Guess which game has the lower number of players, but cross server queues.

Edited by TandyUK

Nice list Kilora!

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

:jawa_smile:

I could write a big, well structured answer to this but I'd be risking a tl:dr so I'm leaving the wall of text to my fansite. Here I'll just say that after all we've been through, treating pvp players like 2nd class citizens is just sad. PvE will have a summer full of updates and PVP players will have to wait for next Fall to have something which doesn't include X-server warzones which should be the priority. I always respected every dev decision on this game, as I respect this one, but this time it's really, really disappointing. I can explain why but not with having sure that someone who should read it is really interested, I'm not going to waste my time.

We don't need a stunbreaker reset we just need our stunbreaker have value. Is totally stupid using it, because you have to in order to interrupt a cap, and you get stunned again. Result: your stunbreaker value = nothing! At least fill our resolve or give us stun immunity for some seconds.

We don't need a stunbreaker reset we just need our stunbreaker have value. Is totally stupid using it, because you have to in order to interrupt a cap, and you get stunned again. Result: your stunbreaker value = nothing! At least fill our resolve or give us stun immunity for some seconds.

Or you could be smart and not waste your breaker on the shorter stuns.

Not fixing the many pvp issues still outstanding after many patches or reskinning existing items in SWTOR to sell on the Cartel Market counts as significant??? :rolleyes:

This make me very sad! With some of the pvp community leaving for other servers, its going to hit the pvp hard. I like to see what they are planned to help fix that. With no cross ques, its going to be hard for me not to transfer. Unless they just want to make a couple of dollars with all the transfers. :rak_02: