I bought a Black on Black dye for 5K on the GTN...

Galbatorrix

Yes, 5,000 credits. I promptly reposted it for 2.3 Million credits and less than a day later, I'm 2.25 million credits richer. :D

What amazing finds like this have you found on the GTN?

mass man gens for 50k, augments for 12k

I had it kinda the other way around...

On sunday some dude asked on fleet-chat if anybody could sell him some krayt dragon scales (grade 3 purple underworld metal).

I knew i had some on stock and as he alredy asked the 4th time or so i thought....hey, why not help that guy...

Of course i first checked the GTN to see what would be a reasonable price....aaand....nothing....not a singe bit there...

So i first sold the 2 (yes, he only wanted 2) pieces for 10k each to that guy....

the put up sever single-pieces on the GTN for 15k and several 5-stacks for 85k.....the next day i had some 600k creds more on the bank....and the GTN was flooded with scales for 6.5k each :D

Honestly, I can't believe people are spending 2+ Million for dyes. I love the black on black dye too, but once you use it, it's gone. It would be different if it were removable, so you could keep it forever (like with crystals).

Honestly, I can't believe people are spending 2+ Million for dyes. I love the black on black dye too, but once you use it, it's gone. It would be different if it were removable, so you could keep it forever (like with crystals).

For some people, 2 million credits is well under a day's income. *shrug*

Good work, Op.

I once came across a besh pistol at 5,000k which I instantly resold for 40k. Vastly inferior, I'll grant - but it was on a new char on her first day in Coruscant and her bank balance went from10k to 50 - a lot for a lowbie :)

I've currently got Thana Vesh's leggings and boots in my hold. Bought 'em for 1k each - they go for 50k for the boots and 200k for the leggings on my server.

200k for black leggings? I know, I know - I don't understand it either.

Vendetta and Battlelord chest armor. The first for 14k and the second for about 30k if my memory serves me right.

Tried to sell the Vendetta one back then for 1.5 million credits and was successfull. Tried the Battlelord one for 1 million and I had to wait two weeks. I'd assume it would be the other way around but it wasn't.

Either way, that black on black deal is by far the best I've ever heard. Congrats, mate. ;)

Good work, Op.

I once came across a besh pistol at 5,000k which I instantly resold for 40k. Vastly inferior, I'll grant - but it was on a new char on her first day in Coruscant and her bank balance went from10k to 50 - a lot for a lowbie :)

I've currently got Thana Vesh's leggings and boots in my hold. Bought 'em for 1k each - they go for 50k for the boots and 200k for the leggings on my server.

The most I ever gained by buying and selling before that was back when the Thrones were selling for 3 Million or so each. I bought one off the GTN for 1.2 Million and resold it for like 2.9. Other wise, I've had tons of times were weapons and adaptive gear was posted for next to nothing that I'd buy and resale. Most of those transactions only amount to 10K-200K though.

Yes, 5,000 credits. I promptly reposted it for 2.3 Million credits and less than a day later, I'm 2.25 million credits richer. :D

What amazing finds like this have you found on the GTN?

Your math sucks. You are 2.295 M richer if you paid 5k for it (minus the 6% fee also).

Good work, Op.

Yeah, buying up new cartel armor early.. holding and reselling is a sure way to massive profit as long as you have the credit float to wait. I purchased several dozen Recovered Chests early for less then 30K a piece and have since resold them all for 200K+ There are generally a half a dozen or so cartel armor pieces that go this route well after each pack has peaked and declined in sales.

I still find rare helmets like Phantom, Despot, and even Recon for less then 50K on the GTN and quick turn them for several hundred K credits.

My personal favorite though is low level orange/purple modable shields. I often get them for less then 20K and resell for 100-200K each.

Have not scored a Black/Black for cheap like the OP... YET. Best I managed was a Volatile Lightsaber for default list price (I think it was 27 credits).

Wow... I would contact the seller (as i did in the past with such purchases) to make things straight and trade the item back if he did it by an accident! This is a mistake, unintended... :/ The anguish he must be going through. He defo wanted to post it for 5 mil. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Wow... I would contact the seller (as i did in the past with such purchases) to make things straight! This is a mistake, unintended... :/ The anguish he must be going through. He defo wanted to post it for 5 mil.

Honestly, I was in such a hurry to purchase it and then obtain it via mail (thinking all the while I'd get the dreaded "bid returned" response) that I didn't even notice who was selling it.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Wow... I would contact the seller (as i did in the past with such purchases) to make things straight and trade the item back if he did it by an accident! This is a mistake, unintended... :/ The anguish he must be going through. He defo wanted to post it for 5 mil.

You're a nice guy, Alex - have a cookie for such honesty.

Have to admit I'd feel a bit guilty too ... but finders keepers is the oldest law there is.

And think about it - he got it as a randiom drop from a cartel pack. IT's not as though he bought it for millions or spent hours grinding materials to craft some rare item.

Easy come, easy go. Good words to live by.

Edited by UltimateKrucible

Wow... I would contact the seller (as i did in the past with such purchases) to make things straight and trade the item back if he did it by an accident! This is a mistake, unintended... :/ The anguish he must be going through. He defo wanted to post it for 5 mil.

So he sold it for 5,000 credits, instead of 5,000,000 credits and you say it was a mistake? He forgot to add three(!!!) zeros by accident then? Do you believe in Santa as well?

Either way, finders keeper', as someone said already.

So he sold it for 5,000 credits, instead of 5,000,000 credits and you say it was a mistake? He forgot to add three(!!!) zeros by accident then? Do you believe in Santa as well?

Either way, finders keeper', as someone said already.

At the time, the cheapest one was being sold for like 2,750,000. So, I'm not really sure what the poster was going for. Personally, when I have a big money item, I like triple check the amount before clicking post and then I even search to make sure it shows up where it's supposed to, haha.

This is why we can't have nice things!

but anyway, a guildie once found some item, I don't remember what it was now, ridiculously cheap on the GTN. It was obviously a mistake, and the original seller started sending him threatening mail and saying he's going to get what's coming to him, etc.. lol....

This is why we can't have nice things!

but anyway, a guildie once found some item, I don't remember what it was now, ridiculously cheap on the GTN. It was obviously a mistake, and the original seller started sending him threatening mail and saying he's going to get what's coming to him, etc.. lol....

Haha. I'll watch out for those types of letters.

Haha. I'll watch out for those types of letters.

If I got a deal like you get due to someone not knowing, that's cool. But if I got a polite letter from someone explaining the error (and if I still had the item) I would probably give it back to him at the price that I got it for.