SWTOR is ultimately a failure becuase

ThornKrell

^ /thread

And the blame needs not to fall on BW, but fully on EA. BW does what EA tells them too.

On the topic of companion deaths...

Players: OMG I KILLED QUINN EVEN THOUGH A POP-UP WARNED ME OMG BIOWAER REMOVE NAO!!!!!111!!!@

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At any rate I am sure there will be folks that do not like the recent changes....because they were probably playing the game, very happy with it's state when it was circling the drain back in the spring.

This game has very little in common with that game back then, and that is a good thing.

So folks that dislike the recent changes needed to keep the game alive and vibrant is understandable IMO.

The OP isn't even remotely close to being correct.

Whether right or wrong, Bioware chose to follow their own model of the game even in the face of user suggestions that were ultimately rejected for various reasons.

There is certainly NOT one of the user driven MMOs out there. Bioware by and large develops and implements how they see fit. User feedback is something they use but I see very little of it used to make major game design decisions. (And in defense of Bioware, I agree with that. Unless you want to end up like Firefall.)

so...no one should ever voice Feedback? gotcha.

yes fanboys who could make or break this game won't attack issues because the star wars name must remain untarnished so anyone trying to offer constructive criticism is called a troll.

suggestion lets just stop complaining and let those who feel game is great and wonderful continue there are many more games coming soon that we all can test and see if they surpass the trainwreck we currently play, so all you fanboys flame away, i'll come back when the game is down to 1 server took AoC 5 Years to break down to a one server system and they had tons of fanboys also in denial.

if the fanboys were truly fans of the star wars universe they would at least you think they would want a better game and help to see it thrive but no we see nothing but ignorance and denial like i have seen in many other games with a heavy fanboy base.

P.S.> being a fanboy is not derogatory be proud stand up and show you are willing to accept anything even if it is subpar and broken.

this game does not have to be a failure just needs players who want to see it do well stand up and voice their concerns in a civil manner and unite to improve game or just sit back and watch it die slowly.

this line is funny so you are telling us who bought the game if we don't like swtor we should do the following.

Why don't you go get a job in the industry if you can make a better game?

no wonder this game has issues....

Edited by JediJonesJr

Just a quick question, folks. BioWare brought the computer RPGs back from the dead with Baldur's Gate, and they've been on top ever since with games like SW: Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Despite that SW: The Old Republic went F2P, it's still going great. So when EA got the Star Wars licence, BioWare was an obvious choice for more Star Wars RPGs. How do you think BioWare got to this position? Maybe I'm wrong, but could it be because they are smart people who knows what they are doing? It doesn't matter what individual players want or think. BioWare, just like any other company, considers what the market wants, and tries their best to give them that. If you dont like it, that's too bad. The majority does.

Just a quick question, folks. BioWare brought the computer RPGs back from the dead with Baldur's Gate, and they've been on top ever since with games like SW: Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Despite that SW: The Old Republic went F2P, it's still going great. So when EA got the Star Wars licence, BioWare was an obvious choice for more Star Wars RPGs. How do you think BioWare got to this position? Maybe I'm wrong, but could it be because they are smart people who knows what they are doing? It doesn't matter what individual players want or think. BioWare, just like any other company, considers what the market wants, and tries their best to give them that. If you dont like it, that's too bad. The majority does.

the topic is swtor not the other titles try to stay on topic.

Edited by JediJonesJr

Over 2 million have tried the game. Heck, over 2 million BOUGHT THE BOX!

Under 1 million play the game now.

Majority? Or did you just mean "majority of the players who are still playing"?

Edited by DarthTHC

yes fanboys who could make or break this game won't attack issues because the star wars name must remain untarnished so anyone trying to offer constructive criticism is called a troll.

suggestion lets just stop complaining and let those who feel game is great and wonderful continue there are many more games coming soon that we all can test and see if they surpass the trainwreck we currently play, so all you fanboys flame away, i'll come back when the game is down to 1 server took AoC 5 Years to break down to a one server system and they had tons of fanboys also in denial.

if the fanboys were truly fans of the star wars universe they would at least you think they would want a better game and help to see it thrive but no we see nothing but ignorance and denial like i have seen in many other games with a heavy fanboy base.

P.S.> being a fanboy is not derogatory be proud stand up and show you are willing to accept anything even if it is subpar and broken.

this game does not have to be a failure just needs players who want to see it do well stand up and voice their concerns in a civil manner and unite to improve game or just sit back and watch it die slowly.

this line is funny so you are telling us who bought the game if we don't like swtor we should do the following.

no wonder this game has issues....

wow, fanboy mentioned no less than 6 times. then you mention, sarcastically, how it's not derogatory, implying that it is. did you give any constructive feedback? any reasons for believing this game is subpar? nope. i find it ironic how you'll call people out for liking something without justification (a so-called fanboy) but have no problem hating something without justification. so if you're going to leave please just do it and stop hounding our forums.

p.s. and then you pull a line from someones sig (which has really no bearing on the topic at hand as it could mean anything and refer to really whatever the owner of the sig meant) as an example of a fanboy. which is nothing short of a personal attack, again, without justification.

wow, fanboy mentioned no less than 6 times. then you mention, sarcastically, how it's not derogatory, implying that it is. did you give any constructive feedback? any reasons for believing this game is subpar? nope. i find it ironic how you'll call people out for liking something without justification (a so-called fanboy) but have no problem hating something without justification. so if you're going to leave please just do it and stop hounding our forums.

p.s. and then you pull a line from someones sig (which has really no bearing on the topic at hand as it could mean anything and refer to really whatever the owner of the sig meant) as an example of a fanboy. which is nothing short of a personal attack, again, without justification.

We all have our own opinions of the game that are unique to us as individuals. There is no reason to justify them to anyone else.

I also believe that the game is subpar, but that is just me.

what a crock the sig was a attack you know it thats why you added it. lame excuse might want to fine another one.

so is calling people a troll and telling them they have no right to show concerns but you only see fanboy..

go report me then the forums will have all fanboys and you will have a fresh smell in forums of happy people without a care or concern enjoy the game and sorry you took it personal i know i do when i see people telling others to shut up and not complain.

just tell the mods i broke a tos im sure you can make one up to fit the need.:rak_03:

deal with it, and stop hassling people who disagree.

Edited by JediJonesJr

I dispute the very notion this game is a failure. I think it's a great MMO.

This. Yes it has many flaws and Bioware has made serious mistakes, but personally I still really like the game. I think it is by far the best MMO on the market currently..

This. Yes it has many flaws and Bioware has made serious mistakes, but personally I still really like the game. I think it is by far the best MMO on the market currently..

i agree with this i said so many times but i still think the one thing thats keeping this game down is the failure for players to unite to show we want a better game and better overall performance and when people do speak out they get trashed just like this this thread.

you are a troll or told to quit if you complain by fanboys! THAT SIMPLE.

Edited by JediJonesJr

Bioware listened to the users instead of having a coherent vision of what they wanted to do with the old republic, that is why swtor is such a mess.

Totally disagree. BW's vision was flawed from the start. They are a company with a history of making excellent single player games, but had no clue what makes a good MMO.

Totally disagree. BW's vision was flawed from the start. They are a company with a history of making excellent single player games, but had no clue what makes a good MMO.

You mean history of making good Sports Titles. EA makes most of their money through acquisitions. Take a look at the proof, but I want you to pay attention to the dates of the acquisition… Since 1987 EA has aquired progessivly more companies to reflect their revenue decreases. This is what large corps do for the most part, it pads their wallets and makes for good tax write offs. Remember, SWTOR was started by Bioware, but now finished by EAware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

The proof is in the history my friends.

what a crock the sig was a attack you know it thats why you added it. lame excuse might want to fine another one.

so is calling people a troll and telling them they have no right to show concerns but you only see fanboy..

go report me then the forums will have all fanboys and you will have a fresh smell in forums of happy people without a care or concern enjoy the game and sorry you took it personal i know i do when i see people telling others to shut up and not complain.

just tell the mods i broke a tos im sure you can make one up to fit the need.:rak_03:

deal with it, and stop hassling people who disagree.

That last sentence seemed like an attempt at hypocritical humor, as hassling someone who disagrees constitutes your entire post. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game. Not everyone has to share your opinion.

Edited by bionamaster

That last sentence seemed like an attempt at hypocritical humor, as hassling someone who disagrees constitutes your entire post. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game. Not everyone has to share your opinion.

never said i did not enjoy game but some people feel anyone who complains must be the bad guy just trying to troll

if all you gather from my post is that then you are a prime example of what i pointed out.

ill tell you the same thing deal with it.

i said what i had to say!

Edited by JediJonesJr

Major flaw's of this game was releasing too many servers at once.

Their definition of "F2P".

Lack of new content compared to other MMO's.

Choppy gameplay turns people away from the game(when game came out, so many post about how choppy it was).

Edited by Killance

I would not say a "blast", but it needs some improvements using good design with good implementation. I am still paying so I must be having fun :rolleyes: /sarcasm. Like I have said b4, most people care about how this game turns out and this is the reason for most of the raging including some of my own.

PVE is great, but the endgame needs work. If they want to keep PVE / PVP players happy, they need to improve it with NEW CONTENT, not focus too much on the CM, and be a little more creative when it comes to creating the continued story line. Makeb was a bit disappointing imo as someone who mostly likes this game for its PVE content.

There actually was a sith lord Gungan. Not much is known about them, but they existed.

Be that as it may, one look at Jar Jar makes you think......"what? how did the entire academy NOT gank him?" Unfortunately, Lucas' making Jar Jar the most visible of the Gungans irreparably gave them that reputation as being....silly to the point of stupidity.

I think Lucas was aiming for comic relief and missed. Horribly.

Edited by Lewintelamon

Agreed, I think people had ridiculously high expectations when the game first came out, but as of right now most of us are having a blast.

This. On the forums way before beta started we all built up these dreams in our head of what TOR would be.

Then once beta started and interviews came out we knew what we were in for. Official dev interviews saying their view of endgame was rolling a new class and experiencing that storyline, no mention of dungeons or raids.

We were told way ahead of time what we were getting, but everyone got it in their head that this would be the MMO to end all MMOs. Instead we got a very decent story mode, some very enjoyable PVP, a splash of endgame content and social interaction. Hell the F2P isn't even bad. It's not amazing like Tera (went F2P, free players got everything subs formerly did, post F2P subs got more bonuses. Amazing concept that worked out even better), but it's decent and gives people who don't wanna pay the option not to.

The issue is what the market did to the MMO genre. A new MMO made every month with no intention of succeeding, just a quick cash grab, and then WoW with a ridiculously huge team and almost a decade of expansions and when a new MMO launches without 10 years of development and another 10 of content people flip out.

SWTOR is not a failure, it's just not the larger than life world-crushing success people claimed it would be and ended up let down because no game could live up to the expectations people had.

the topic is swtor not the other titles try to stay on topic.
Haha, way to miss the point. :D My point is BioWare are smart people who has had a huge success so far and very few failures, and they really know what they are doing. So to get the topic back on track for you: How will SW: TOR not be a failure? By being developed by Bioware.

Be that as it may, one look at Jar Jar makes you think......"what? how did the entire academy NOT gank him?" Unfortunately, Lucas' making Jar Jar the most visible of the Gungans irreparably gave them that reputation as being....silly to the point of stupidity.

I think Lucas was aiming for comic relief and missed. Horribly.

The Jar Jar character would have actually been interesting if he had an arc, instead of remaining a poor, one-note comedic devise throughout.

For instance, if he'd started out as the bumbling idiot we saw in Episode I, but by the final part of Episode III had developed into a much more competent and reliable contributor to the good guys' cause, and a respectable warrior in his own right.

Of course that would have required people to actually disagree with George Lucas at the screenplays' stages of development.

Edited by Machine-Elf