No PvP content until 2.4...I think this is it for this guy.

cycao

I will see you all in 2.4, think its time to take a break, PvP was getting dull with the same 5 maps, they needed to spruce it up big style, and this just sucks. Plus the PvE is a load of crap, woop NiM TFB, wow like that ops hasn't been around forever, its just slack, drip feeding us these updates slowly and ripping us off. This is not good value for money, well done BW you just lost another customer.

This^ ..So long!!!..come on wildstar beta. Guess ill play neverwinter till then.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The CC break is ONE of the minor things coming. I read it as there will be a significant patch for 2.4 with him noting CC break as a tease. That said, it's pretty disheartening to know that PvP will basically be neglected all summer long.

What can we honestly expect form them at this point? The CC break thing is tailored for PvE goobers that don't know how resolve works and blow the breaker immediately on a root or something stupid. I can honestly already see someone posting about how people are /stuck-ing to refresh the breaker on defense or something stupid like that. What else could they possibly have cooked up? I'd love to be wrong but all I can imagine judging by their past moves:

- New gear. The old standby. That will without a doubt be of a lower tier than the new gear they put into the new Ops so we will get worked over by progression raiders due to bolster.

- a WZ no one likes or is very broken. Please note interrupting under the last field in VS and corner capping in NC are still here and one of those only needs a god damn box to be added to the map to fix.

- Season 1. The ranked team on each server will be thrilled to learn that they are the champion of their server since no one else is playing

Stupid, stupid, stupid..

They have been dumbing down PvP for the casual player since launch, and now this stun-breaker fix, dumbs it down even further.. And we got to wait for real PvP updates for almost a year?

No, thanks Bioware, seriously. Get rid of PvP in this game if you can't handle it...

So.. since when has PVP been about content?

I would say sometime around when they decided PvP should be instanced. By they; I don't neccesarily mean the SWTOR team as many MMOs have gone to instanced PvP. At that point; it became no longer an organic part of the games.

Edited by Technohic

Yea I decided to be out too, this is BS I can't believe i may be going back to WoW, unless anyone has a decent MMO.

Main thing is I don't want to keep giving this game my money, they promised and can't deliver and IMO this was the final nail on the pvp coffin.

Good grief. ...lighten up you whinyphux.

Go get some sun.

Oh I spend the majority of my time outside in the summer anyways and rarely even play on the weekend so quitting will be just a small step to free up some more time for the links.

Oh I spend the majority of my time outside in the summer anyways and rarely even play on the weekend so quitting will be just a small step to free up some more time for the links.

Nah I already created a post in response for you.

The second one was for the "hey ya! I'm going to quit too" bandwagon.

I have not played a lot of FPS on PC. I might try Planetside or Defiance even for the MMO side of things to still be there. I do have a founders account on MWO as well, and I haven't played Skyrim a lot but Skyrim seems to make me nauseous. Something about the camera on it.

Defiance is a lot of fun. Sandbox style MMO, driving elements, 3rd person shooter. A lot of weapons, some are really awesome. Pretty much free to play, after you buy it, no sub model at all. Definitly try it out.

So, Planetside 2. Is it like press 1 to shoot or is there a skill system and some complexity in the mechanics?

It's only defined as an MMO because is Massive Multi player Online... it's not a traditional MMO and plays like a FPS on a much larger scale. Each server can hold up to 1000 players at a time on maps that are approx 26 sq km each and span across a dozen or so different planets that all have different environments. Add in 3 factions fighting at the same time over all of these areas and it makes for some interesting battles and situations.

It's not a load in and have a match kind of game. The battle is non stop, on each planet and each server and it's going on whether you're there or not.

It also does have skill progression like mentioned in an almost traditional MMO sense... very much like Skyrim even. You can gain cert points that can be specialized into certain things or spread out across the board. But you can balance your character into the things that you enjoy doing in a very Skyrim type style of levelling.

It's only defined as an MMO because is Massive Multi player Online... it's not a traditional MMO and plays like a FPS on a much larger scale. Each server can hold up to 1000 players at a time on maps that are approx 26 sq km each and span across a dozen or so different planets that all have different environments. Add in 3 factions fighting at the same time over all of these areas and it makes for some interesting battles and situations.

It's not a load in and have a match kind of game. The battle is non stop, on each planet and each server and it's going on whether you're there or not.

It also does have skill progression like mentioned in an almost traditional MMO sense... very much like Skyrim even. You can gain cert points that can be specialized into certain things or spread out across the board. But you can balance your character into the things that you enjoy doing in a very Skyrim type style of levelling.

I probably will suck at this game, but it is in my top 5 I think, for things to do.

Well that pretty much does it for me. I pretty much only did PvP in this game (i have done all PvE content too, but primary is PvP). I was hoping for PvP content to be coming early summer, but it doesn't sound like anything until late august or mid September at the earliest.

4 months of essentially no new content for me... not that PvP has had any new content since AHG was added... was fun ...

I probably will suck at this game, but it is in my top 5 I think, for things to do.

LOL... def take some friends with you or make friends. It's not the type of game that's solo play friendly because of it's massive scale.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.