Valor pvp

CrazyOldMystic

I know the days of getting valor at a good clip in pvp are over, but is there anything Ive overlooked, that grants large amounts of valor. On my 55 commando he is valor 63, so I am all set to have him, and my companions in battlemaster gear. My vanguard is valor rank 40 with 20 more ranks to go. Given the hit the game just took over the recent update, the pvp qus are getting longer instead of shorter, which is presenting the problem of gaining valor. So like I said is there anything here I have overlooked via gaining valor quickly?

No I only been doing warzones for so long now I didnt know it became meaningless. Yes I was being sarcastic. Now for my original question I was asking, because I would like to get my vanguard in the battlemaster gear, that my commando is able to craft. They still have the valor rank requirements attached to said gear. Yes I like the look of that gear. One the few good looking pieces of gear, that is not attached to the cartel market. So like I said anyone know of anything I am overlooking on gaining valor.

You think the 60's are slow? I've been in the 80's for months and I play at minimum my dailies every day. Haven't thought to be running valor boosts. I need to get on that. Haven't really paid a ton of attention to it since it's just for titles at this point.

valor is meaningless now. it only matters for buying RWZ comms (must be valor 40) and buying crafted BM/WH gear (valor 60 and 70 respectively).

you do not need valor ranking to buy the new PvP gear

Expertise should be tied to Valor. 22 points per level: 2200 Expertise at level 100.

Expertise should be tied to Valor. 22 points per level: 2200 Expertise at level 100.

I agree 100%%%%!!! Valor SHOULD mean something...not much, but something. This is an excellent suggestion!

I agree 100%%%%!!! Valor SHOULD mean something...not much, but something. This is an excellent suggestion!

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssss! Finally give an advantage to the old timers 'ere! (Prelaunch/Launch) :D

tbh that is a terrible suggestion. valor can mean something, but length of play time should be separate from gear effectiveness. and hell, ive been playing since launch. i think my merc is maybe valor 85? i havent checked in a while.

thatd also put new players and fresh 55s at a massive disadvantage; at most you would only be able to enter PvP with ~50% of your expertise.

valor should be tied to things like cool vehicles, armor skins, weapon skins, emote abilities, etc. cool, non-essential to combat performance stuff.

For once a decent suggestion, may want to modify that though otherwise everytime you roll a new alt your back to square 1.

Maybe combined with this?

Too bad that they don't make Valor tied to our Legacy. We may be playing an alt, but we are the same people playing.

No I only been doing warzones for so long now I didnt know it became meaningless. Yes I was being sarcastic. Now for my original question I was asking, because I would like to get my vanguard in the battlemaster gear, that my commando is able to craft. They still have the valor rank requirements attached to said gear. Yes I like the look of that gear. One the few good looking pieces of gear, that is not attached to the cartel market. So like I said anyone know of anything I am overlooking on gaining valor.

Yea, you are overlooking the fact that you are not a pvper. If you were, you would have gotten battlemaster before you hit 50.

Do you realize how few people actually have 100 valor? It took me almost a year to reach that on my sentinel and all my alts are in the 70-80 range.

So excellent that they have done it in Warhammer and that MMO now counts 200 players online tops and scenarios (like SWTOR WZs) queues take up to 1 hour outside of prime time.

In there I can log in my RR100 and ROFLSTOMP 3-4 other lower rank people.

Edited by Vaerah

Yea, you are overlooking the fact that you are not a pvper. If you were, you would have gotten battlemaster before you hit 50.

If you where a pvper you would know that valor cannot exceed your lvl until you reach lvl 50

Too bad that they don't make Valor tied to our Legacy. We may be playing an alt, but we are the same people playing.

This was a point of contention when Valor was originally required to purchase gear. Since it's just for titles now, then it really shouldn't be shared over legacy.

Valor still has it worth, it assigns the ops leader, who should lead the pugs into the warzone :)

Lies. If there's a R90 and a R50 in a warzone, if the R50 is JUST ABOUT to lvl to R51(Closer than the R90 is to R91, in terms of percentage), he gets leader, not the R90.

Lies. If there's a R90 and a R50 in a warzone, if the R50 is JUST ABOUT to lvl to R51(Closer than the R90 is to R91, in terms of percentage), he gets leader, not the R90.

Hmm I was wondering why I am not an ops leader when I am the only one with valor 100 in a wz. Thx for explaining, the system doesn't work properly then?

Edited by Jorojus

Hmm I was wondering why I am not an ops leader when I am the only one with valor 100 in a wz. Thx for explaining, the system doesn't work properly then?

Yeah, a toon with 100 valor will never get ops lead