Dallas Cantina Meet & Greet Q&A Notes

Dawginole

This is the very same type of rhetoric they have been saying for a while now "its awesome" I really don't see how anyone can believe them.

An example of this would be how the new open PVP on Ilum would be great and players will be pleased, well other than the Gree Event does anyone go there?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never.

Gonna.

Happen.

The PvP Messiah™ could descend from the heavens and personally bless the work of the devs as the supreme work of PvP within not only an MMO but all of gaming throughout all of history both past and present and the PvPers would still not be happy.

Quoted for explict truth.

-Knights/Warriors: The thought process behind alacrity was that if GDC decreased then the player could not only attack faster to increase dps, but it would also decrease the cool down on rebuilding focus/rage as well since alacrity doesn't recharge "energy" for that class like other classes. They realize it's not working as intended and are working to fix that.

Actually, the best use for alacrity as a universal stat is by making it a time speed up for you:

1) lowers GCD by the same %

2) lowers CDs by the same %

3) your dots ticks faster by the same %

4) You speed is increased by the same %

Yes that might be crazy, but crazy enough to work

Edited by znihilist

I'm really not getting my hopes up for the SSSP being anything all that interesting. All we know about it is that it's something in space and it's a secret. :p

Indeed. Anyone getting excited in advance of any details is just repeating mistakes made ahead of launch of the game.

Expect the least.. enjoy what comes, as it might then pleasantly surprise.

TL;DR don't inflate personal expectations in a vacuum of information.

This is the very same type of rhetoric they have been saying for a while now "its awesome" I really don't see how anyone can believe them.

An example of this would be how the new open PVP on Ilum would be great and players will be pleased, well other than the Gree Event does anyone go there?

in fairmess world PVP is something the devs can only really put the tools out for, it's a player driven thing.

in fairmess world PVP is something the devs can only really put the tools out for, it's a player driven thing.

No I argee with you 100% but what is the reward's is more what I'm getting at, yes its fun but a lil valor per kill would be nice.

There have been two Wookiee Jedi created since the implementation of his "No Wookiee Jedi" rule. Both were approved directly by Lucas - they weren't created independently. Now that Disney ihas ownership, we'll see if the trend continues, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy upholds it. Wookiee Jedi were poised to become common, and stopping that from happening was one of the few decisions Lucas has made in the past 20 years to make me happy.

Oh, I certainly agree with the no wookie Jedi thing. It is a good decision.

The issue at hand is that Pandora's Box has already been opened on a large number of one off occurrences in the SW universe that are commonplace in SWTOR thanks to the decision to open up all player races to all factions and all classes. It seems an odd time to start invoking cannon when then demons have already escaped the box. Cannon didn't seem important to BW/LA a year ago. Perhaps with the IP under new management, that is where this new found desire to remain canonical is coming from.

I'd be the first to support an in game retcon to fix the issue, but the cry from the player base would rival that of the destruction of Alderaan. And rightfully so since real money has been exchanged by some to gain access.

Expect the least.. enjoy what comes, as it might then pleasantly surprise.

Pessimism means never being disappointed when things don't go your way. It also means that everything good that happens is automatically much better than you expected.

I just don't see how optimists can survive with all of the depression that must occur in their lives. :D

In a chat with Eric, he also said server transfers are in the works and will be live not with 2.2 but soon after that, likely before "the next major patch afterwards."

Well that's all I needed to hear. See ya SWTOR, thanks for all the fish.

I'm super excited to find out what the new PvP content is going to be. I have my fingers crossed for OWPvP, but I won't be suprised if that's not it. I remember them mentioning some PvP content we would be excited about awhile ago so I'm glad it's surfaced again.

On a different note, I feel bad for those on low pop servers waiting for transfers. I know you guys must be pretty discouraged, but hold out guys, its almost here. I, and many others, wait for you at The Bastion with open arms.

So they said things are in the works, down the road a bit, and awesome.

What did you think they'd say? "We got nothing, budget's been tightened, the Cartel Shop is where all the money is, don't hold your breath on new content"?

They were at a PR event saying PR things.

If 2.2 is so freaking huge, why have they not teased ANYTHING about it (or, ahem, put it on test if it's a month away)?

Any mention of the poor way they introduced the dye system and the problems with it?

Or was their response, "we've seen the overwhelming positive reaction from players about our new dye system and they can all look forward to more over priced random dye packs from the cartel market in future updates"?

Any mention of the poor way they introduced the dye system and the problems with it?

Or was their response, "we've seen the overwhelming positive reaction from players about our new dye system and they can all look forward to more over priced random dye packs from the cartel market in future updates"?

Sadly, your prediction was apparently correct.

I was also there, great event! From what I recall, Damion also said that after the response to the Cathar, they have already started looking for other races people want to see. I also remember his saying that the dye packs appear to have been a huge success financially, which essentially translates to more content down the road.

Look forward to more. :(

Interesting read but...

I'll believe it when I'm playing it.

Blizzard set the record for announcing content, getting gamers hyped about it and then not delivering. I see BW being no different.

Until I'm playing it, no matter what their announcing, it is to be taken with less than a grain of salt.

But it was still a good read.

I'll believe it when I'm playing it.

Blizzard set the record for announcing content, getting gamers hyped about it and then not delivering. I see BW being no different.

Until I'm playing it, no matter what their announcing, it is to be taken with less than a grain of salt.

Hey Quraswren... something we agree on. :D

In a chat with Eric, he also said server transfers are in the works and will be live not with 2.2 but soon after that, likely before "the next major patch afterwards."

Name changes and such will remain on CM and not be free to subs because of community reasons - if a player can be a ninja/etc, then change name 5 mins later, it will negatively affect other players. .

Didn't they say before 2.1 dropped that server transfers would be "hot on the heals of 2.1 and before 2.2" I am sure of it.

Also name changes will not be free??? what happened to the subscribers free name change that was delayed by a bug?? Is that not being given to us anymore???

What you have written there is very different to what we have been told.

Also name changes will not be free??? what happened to the subscribers free name change that was delayed by a bug?? Is that not being given to us anymore???

It means that they will never introduce the ability to change the name for free, no matter what, to prevent people doing something horrifying, and then swapping their name.

We should still get the 1 free rename, but only one per account, as soon as they figure out what character to send it to (I guess)

My guess about the silence on 2.2 is because they are HOPING to be able to get enough major things set up to blow our socks off...but they don't want to set the bare accidentally too high. Especially after recent events.

My guess about the silence on 2.2 is because they are HOPING to be able to get enough major things set up to blow our socks off...but they don't want to set the bare accidentally too high. Especially after recent events.

Thing is, the content in 2.2 should already be in testing, it shouldn't be in the development phase still. The patch notes were probably written weeks ago, and as close as we are to it's release I don't think they have time to develop a new system AND test it before release.

Thing is, the content in 2.2 should already be in testing, it shouldn't be in the development phase still. The patch notes were probably written weeks ago, and as close as we are to it's release I don't think they have time to develop a new system AND test it before release.

Thing is, these guys don't use PTS for anything, and when they do, they just ignore the troubleshooting people like us do anyway. At this point, having any confidence in how they produce patches from start to finish...

I mean, the content could be close to done, and they are fine tuning/ debugging etc.