Does noone care about the achievement system?

DAMossimo

EAware obviously doesn't care so why should we?

Acidstalker isn't even in the game, GSI speeder parts not in the game, Heroic missions bugged, Space missions bugged. What's the point?

The Cartel Market stuff you have to pay extra for isn't forgotten about, wonder why.....

Chance of achievement system being bug free before end of the year, slim to none.

Edited by Leoness

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't care. Given the craptacular performance of the game and the lag spikes, I can't see myself playing it much longer. Why invest in time consuming brownie points when I'll probably be playing something else pretty soon.

Usually if I came across an item such as a codex entry I just clicked it and moved on without a thought really.

however on my last new character I was determined to get everything on him so printed off guides. however on the 1st planet I learnt about 3 codex entries are no longer available but still listed under codex entries so gave up on this idea

I have a few achievements that I really look forward to unlocking. For example hitting max affection and killing all the stuff with each companion. I am in no stress to get it done right now this instant. Rather I have it unlocked for my favorite companions for my characters and am slowly gearing up a new companion to take them out a bit more.

So no, now hunting all the achievements but there are a few in there that I really would like to get.

I tryed to get a few achievement titles but i eventually gave up due to bugs. So many achievements are not granted properly that i wonder why they released them as they are at all.

Huge dissapointment.

Edited by Overmannus

The free cartel coins were appreciated for what I've done in the past 16 months, but considering I've deliberately set out to get 1 achievement in a game ever (wheelie over a bridge in a GTA game) then no, I don't care.

Well just to be different, I love achievements! Been focusing on getting them all.

Hence why I post so often about the Yozusk Platesmasher :p

Nothing wrong with that. You don't sound like you call into the category of "I can't figure out how to get each and every achievement right now. Get your s*** together, Bioware!"

Edited by branmakmuffin

I love the achievement system, however, the best part in my opinion (Legacy Titles) is so bugged it has turned me off a bit. If they ever add special speeders, pets, maybe even emotes then more people might be interested. It baffles me that a game company the size of Bioware can put a system in such as the codex system, have a thread of known bugged codecs since launch, and never fix any of them. They then put a achievement system in that is based on the codex system and surprise surprise, it contains many of the bugged codecs, even reintroducing unobtainable ones such as Acid Stalker on Taris. Even though this was an advertised feature of 2.0, if they don't have a host of fixes in 2.1 i don't see them fixing them at all. I mean for God sakes, the only "known issues" listed for them on the official thread the space missions, which they tried to fix already and failed. I'm sure if they had charged CC for the feature they may have put a little more effort into it.

I dont care about the achievements atm because so many are broken. On day 1 I tried to do a bunch only to find they werent working right and that pretty much ruined the achievement system for me...just reminded me of the still existing issues with the codex that irritate me to no end. I appreciate that BW has a codex and an achievement system, but by having them implemented in such a lazy way without updating or fixing what should be something very simple it has completely turned me off to codex/achievements. Please BW stop being lazy and fix stuff.

I just dont care about achievements. Yeah they are ok to hit but I have never done anything to achieve one I just sometimes hit them while playing.

I think achievement schemes can be ok, but they really need to either be worth getting or fun to do. Taking a lv 55 to a lv 23 planet to kill 1000 mobs with each compaion is neither. Achievements systems like the one in TOR had their place in the first everquest games.

I like the idea of the achievements, and I keep them in the back of my mind while playing, but I haven't been going out of my way (much) to get them yet. I will be a much more dedicated achievement hunter when some of the worst bugs are fixed, and hopefully they will polish the system a bit (move open world pvp to the pvp section!).

As it stands, if I'm on a planet I'll poke around for missing explorations and swap my companions around so less played ones get some kill counts too. I've also been pushing myself do do more group content since I hate looking at all of those zeros :p

Outside of PvP achievements (which check for the exact value, not anything "over"), most of them seem to be working, so I fail to see what achievements people think are bugged...

You won't see which ones until you try to obtain them.

The ones we "think are bugged" are, in fact, the ones that are bugged. CS has replied to tickets telling people they cannot give credit since this is a "developer issue that needs to be fixed".

I can assure you, this is not an imagined issue.

I like earning achievements as I go along, but I don't go far out of my usual play for them. Some are essentially locked-out for me (requiring code-locked pets from live events I couldn't attend, etc). Others are outside my scope of play (I am not interested in sinking money into the Cartel market, and I wouldn't miss PvP if it suddenly didn't exist). So gaining all of the achievements is a no-go anyway.