Patch 2.1 and Eradicator's Mask

This is the problem with +41 crystals. Not that I'm calling them pay to win, but as cheap as they are now? Especially if you have a legacy weapon to shuffle them around with? It's effectively gutted the artifice crystal market. As of now, Artifice only really benefits from....uh...

Well, they can craft end-game enhancements, I guess. And some black-core crystals. And...uh... Hilts.

-looks at the other crafting skills-

Reusable buffs... Grenades for PVP...armoring... Mods... Barrels... Orange equipment from synth/armormech...

Should take vibroswords and electrostaves away from armstech, give them to artifice, and add some more orange schems, that'd fix a good deal.

How about the armor dyes that only artifice can craft (coming 2.1)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, only 480 coins for a helm which should have been included in the original set, what a bargain!

Do you want my first born and a kidney while you are at it?

Funny, but technically none of the sets come with helmets, so even if it was included in the original set it would have cost more coins :p

Funny, but technically none of the sets come with helmets, so even if it was included in the original set it would have cost more coins :p

I could be mistaken, but doesn't the Eradicator's set already cost less than the other sets? 900 vs 1,450 or something like that?

The Eradicator's Mask will be in Patch 2.1 on May 14th, and it will cost 480 Cartel Coins. :)

But what about people that brought the full set clearly it should be handed out to the people who brought the full set already and now wants the mask if its not free to those people that really unfair.

Hey Amber any chance you could get us a preview screenshot of the mask?( I just really wanna see how it looks like in game):) If you could that would be amazing! I'm already gonna buy like 4 of that mask. :D

Noooooooooooooooooooo *Darth Vader Style*

Buy one, it's now account wide shareable after you get a CM market item on a toon!

But what about people that brought the full set clearly it should be handed out to the people who brought the full set already and now wants the mask if its not free to those people that really unfair.

The set cost 480 less than the other sets for this reason.

This is the problem with +41 crystals. Not that I'm calling them pay to win, but as cheap as they are now? Especially if you have a legacy weapon to shuffle them around with? It's effectively gutted the artifice crystal market. As of now, Artifice only really benefits from....uh...

Well, they can craft end-game enhancements, I guess. And some black-core crystals. And...uh... Hilts.

Reusable buffs... Grenades for PVP...armoring... Mods... Barrels... Orange equipment from synth/armormech...

Should take vibroswords and electrostaves away from armstech, give them to artifice, and add some more orange schems, that'd fix a good deal.

Dyes will help...

Wow, only 480 coins for a helm which should have been included in the original set, what a bargain!

Right, because the armor set itself isn't cheaper than other sets or anything.

Nothing in the cartel market is pay to win its purely cosmetic.

he was referring to the people who spend thousands of dollars of REAL LIFE money on cartel packs only to turn around and sell it on the GTN for MILLIONS.

THEN during pre 2.0 you could use those millions and put yourself in full 63's ((read again PRE 2.0)) without even so much as looking at an operation.

Luckily now the best you can do is sell your thousands of dollars worth of cartel pack loot for millions and end up with grade 30 gear and NO SET BONUS's.

I prefer it this way. I hate that people with better jobs than me can spend that kind of money and easily make millions of creds on this game when there are people running around with subs and 12 alts with out a dime to their name haha. I fall into the latter. I hate grinding dailies. I may be poor but my gear is better lol, i may suck and need to L2P but at least i didn't spend thousands of dollars/yen/euro's etc etc to buy my gear.

Those +41 Crystals for level 35 (level 10 for those in the packs) might beg to differ. While it might not get you a "Win", they certainly are equipment upgrades that have an impact at a fairly low level. Especially if you buy them for you and your companions.

Naw... their boost to a player or companion is largely swamped by all the other equipment worn, even at level 10. I put them on every character and companion and they make very little actual difference in play power. Surviability at 10 with the +41 endurance... perhaps.. but even that's minor.... and by level 20 you won't even notice the benefit.

The only one that you could possibly argue gave actual advantage would be the +41 expertise one, and even that is a stretch (no way it = WIN) ... and now moot since expertise is useless until 55 now.

The only valid gripe about the +41 crystals is that it undermines Artificers on non-endgame color crystals as people don't buy crystals much anymore unless they want a color not offered via CM. Which is probably why Artificers get to be the dye keepers in 2.1.... as dyes will be a hot seller and probably use raw crystal mats.

Edited by Andryah

Just get it off of GTN then? Considering how it's not in a gamble pack it should be readily available without the price being ridiculous.

Eradicator's Warsuit (900cc) + Eracicator's Mask (480cc) = 1380cc

Valient Jedi Armor (no helmet) = 1440cc

Sith Raider Armor (no helmet) = 1440cc

Stalwart Protector Armor (no helmet) = 1440cc

The price for the mask is appropriate because the set isn't expensive either. But what i was wondering about, would the haircut from the Cathar Sith Warrior in the preview video available for humans? Because the hair style looks pretty neat. :rak_03:

First off ive been asking for this look for sith for a long time, but I am sure I was not the only one. I may not be happy that it is in the cartel market, but with the new feature coming up. I can let that slide. So just wanted to say thank you devs.

Anyone know if the Eradicator's Mask has a working voice modulator during cutscenes?

That's a good question. The recent trend has been to -not- add voice modulation to CM headgear...

For me, I go with the end game color crystals. Even after spending 10+ mil on various color crystals to learn them myeself I'm still up over 9 mil credits since 2.0 hit, just from selling color crystals. Yes some people care about the +41 stat at lower levels, but a lot of people (at least on the Ebon Hawk RP server) care about the crystal color, and will foregoe cartel market crystals for the color they really want.

Edited by Jaing

I bought the set and knew it didn't come with a helmet when I bought it. Why should they give me the helmet for free? Everyone else buying it had the exact same information I did when it went up for sale.

I bought the set and knew it didn't come with a helmet when I bought it. Why should they give me the helmet for free? Everyone else buying it had the exact same information I did when it went up for sale.

Agreed, I think the person that made the post you replied to thinks that it will be put with the set instead of a separate item. So you first have to buy the set and then the helmet seprate.

Hope that clears it up for them

• Dev Post
one of each (character name, legacy name, guild name), per subscriber account, free of charge. Choose well. :)

I just wanted to clarify, as this seems to be a misconception floating around. With Game Update 2.1 each subscriber will get one free Character Name change per account. There will not be complimentary Legacy or Guild name changes.

One piece of bad news I do have is that unfortunately we are running into some issues granting the free name change and so that will not happen right at the launch of Game Update 2.1. We are working to get it implemented ASAP and I will give you exact timing as soon as I can. You will definitely get it, just not right away.

-eric

I just wanted to clarify, as this seems to be a misconception floating around. With Game Update 2.1 each subscriber will get one free Character Name change per account. There will not be complimentary Legacy or Guild name changes.

One piece of bad news I do have is that unfortunately we are running into some issues granting the free name change and so that will not happen right at the launch of Game Update 2.1. We are working to get it implemented ASAP and I will give you exact timing as soon as I can. You will definitely get it, just not right away.

-eric

Thanks for working so hard towards that, Eric! One additional question, though. It's been raised several times already in this thread ... will the Eradicator's Mask have voice modulation?

Thanks for working so hard towards that, Eric! One additional question, though. It's been raised several times already in this thread ... will the Eradicator's Mask have voice modulation?

All Cartel Market item helmets since 2.0 came out have modulation.

-eric

Well, if it's a "misconception," then you should probably have someone correct your information page about Update 2.1, as it quite plainly states, in the Player Conveniences section: "NOTE: Subscribers receive one free Character Rename, Legacy Rename, and Guild Rename per account."