Patch 2.1 and Eradicator's Mask

I don't believe Malak's face plate does, does it?

The Restored Triumvirate Helmet doesn't have it either and someone said neither does Thul Loyalist's Helmet, though dunno about that one personally.

Edited by Pscyon

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for working so hard towards that, Eric! One additional question, though. It's been raised several times already in this thread ... will the Eradicator's Mask have voice modulation?

Hey MTCason,

I just checked with our Cartel Market team and the Eradicator's Mask will not have voice modulation.

Well, if it's a "misconception," then you should probably have someone correct your information page about Update 2.1, as it quite plainly states, in the Player Conveniences section: "NOTE: Subscribers receive one free Character Rename, Legacy Rename, and Guild Rename per account."

I think they should give them out now -- even if that was a mistake. Awfully irresponsible to place something like that in the information, and leave it there for a long period of time, just to come back and say it isn't true.

I don't care much about any of them -- but they shouldn't have placed that note if they weren't planning on following through with it.

Hey MTCason,

I just checked with our Cartel Market team and the Eradicator's Mask will not have voice modulation.

Well it hasn't been released yet, so you still have time to rectify that ;)

Hey MTCason,

Does it at least muffle your voice a little like most other regular helmets do? Or does this simply mean that you won't start sounding like a robot when you put on the mask?

Hey MTCason,

Will there be any alteration of the voice whatsoever? It SHOULD at least muffle/mask the voice like ostensibly every other mask/helmet in the game does. It doesn't need to sound robotic or distorted, but at least muffled, ie: like Revan's mask. If this is not intended can it please be changed in time? I should think adding something like this must be fairly simple with as often as it has been done for other items.

I just wanted to clarify, as this seems to be a misconception floating around. With Game Update 2.1 each subscriber will get one free Character Name change per account. There will not be complimentary Legacy or Guild name changes.

One piece of bad news I do have is that unfortunately we are running into some issues granting the free name change and so that will not happen right at the launch of Game Update 2.1. We are working to get it implemented ASAP and I will give you exact timing as soon as I can. You will definitely get it, just not right away.

-eric

Hi Eric.

Fair enough... but then you need to get the 2.1 updates page fixed..... because it has a footnote that specifically says:

NOTE: Subscribers receive one free Character Rename, Legacy Rename, and Guild Rename per account

I think they should give them out now -- even if that was a mistake. Awfully irresponsible to place something like that in the information, and leave it there for a long period of time, just to come back and say it isn't true.

I don't care much about any of them -- but they shouldn't have placed that note if they weren't planning on following through with it.

Geez, guess some people have no limits to the gimme free stuff attitude. Yeah, they definitely need to fix that mistake on the page. But unless someone just purchased a sub specifically so they can get a free character name change (highly doubtful), then they have no beef about getting anything free here. This not an acceptance of an offer scenario.

I might see how prices go for the mask on GTN, and then purchase some masks, one for my Eradicator set of course, but if there's a chance it will sell good on GTN (and by good, I mean look at the ridiculous prices, become good guy greg and undercut those fools with a more reasonable price!) then I will sell a few. It'll allow me to get a bunch of 69 mods and such for my gear more easily.

Looking forward to seeing it it in-game.

• Dev Post
Hi Eric.

Fair enough... but then you need to get the 2.1 updates page fixed..... because it has a footnote that specifically says:

Gah, I see that now :( I believe there was a miscommunication and that the information on that page is in error. I apologize, it seems the misconception was from our own misinformation. I am looking into it now and will get back to all of you ASAP with an update.

-eric

Gah, I see that now :( I believe there was a miscommunication and that the information on that page is in error. I apologize, it seems the misconception was from our own misinformation. I am looking into it now and will get back to all of you ASAP with an update.

-eric

Somebody is getting a new quote for their sig. :p

Is there any chance the Eradicator set will see an improvement in the texture quality. Loving the set but if you look at it closely or in cut-scenes it seems very low rent. Especially the under-coat which is a kind of grey blue. It have a very low quality finish on it compared to other armours and in short look cheap despite being one of the best base models.

-eric

/jedimindtrick You don't want to go back on what was advertised.

/jedimindtrick This will make players angry.

/jedimindtrick You might as well give us the free guild and legacy rename now.

/jedimindtrick Move along.

;)

Edited by PlayLoud

Those +41 Crystals for level 35 (level 10 for those in the packs) might beg to differ. While it might not get you a "Win", they certainly are equipment upgrades that have an impact at a fairly low level. Especially if you buy them for you and your companions.

Before the cartel market, +41 crystals were not even usable until level 50, and were expensive to buy in game or to craft.

pvp is a non issue with bolster other than having a pretty coloured crystal

pve is pretty much the same thing a few extra statseven if a cartel market ou can always get one via gtn

• Dev Post

Alright! The page has been updated to correctly list that you get one free Character name change only. I apologize again for that incorrect information getting out. Thank you all for being understanding about this!

/jedimindtrick You don't want to go back on what was advertised.

/jedimindtrick This will make players angry.

/jedimindtrick You might as well give us the free guild and legacy rename now.

/jedimindtrick Move along.

;)

Your talking to a sith.....

/sithtforcetrick *Shock* You will accept the new terms

/sithtforcetrick *Choke* I don't care if other players are angry

/sithtforcetrick *Shock* I will take guilds away

/sithtforcetrick *Choke* Time to silence you

Edited by deathstork

Alright! The page has been updated to correctly list that you get one free Character name change only. I apologize again for that incorrect information getting out. Thank you all for being understanding about this!

Unfortunately. Not surprised. I understand the guild one not being thrown in (doesnt really make sense for it to be there to begin with, not everyone has a guild) but throwing in the legacy would be nice.

Oki :)

And because you were open and communicative about it... hopefully nobody in the forum tries to paint you as ninjaing content. :D

Then again.. there is always somone who does not "get the memo" and so probably best to put on the fire retardant undies, just in case. :p Better to get a little chaffed then burned to a crisp. :p

Edited by Andryah

SO when can we tear out our MK-9 augments and put them into new pieces without buying / crafting another one? MK-9s are a much much more expensive investment. It'd be nice to remove them going forward, with all the customization available the only thing that's limiting me from trying new things is the fact that it's another MK-9 to buy on top of the 36k new slot buy on a piece of gear.

Edited by Chesty_Jake

-eric

Lol it just shows this was a last minute change on Bioware's side. As always, it's false advertising. When will Bioware going to stop doing this? If you post something on the site, live with it.

You can't say it was a miscommunication. If it was a typo, sure. But it's clear that you guys planned it when it was posted first and there's a change, you guys claim its a 'miscommunication'. Very bad practice Bioware!

I

One piece of bad news I do have is that unfortunately we are running into some issues granting the free name change and so that will not happen right at the launch of Game Update 2.1. We are working to get it implemented ASAP and I will give you exact timing as soon as I can. You will definitely get it, just not right away.

-eric

It won't happen right at launch... great. Reminds me of the party jawa thingy that we were supposed to get because it was bugged at F2P launch. I'm still waiting for that to arrive too.

Lol it just shows this was a last minute change on Bioware's side. As always, it's false advertising. When will Bioware going to stop doing this? If you post something on the site, live with it.

You can't say it was a miscommunication. If it was a typo, sure. But it's clear that you guys planned it when it was posted first and there's a change, you guys claim its a 'miscommunication'. Very bad practice Bioware!

Actually they can and they are saying that. Miscommunication happens. We don't know how they are set up. There could have been some miscommunication between the people who actually made the decision and the people who were writing the text.

It sucks but I would not call it a last minute decision. Last minute decision would be if we saw it anywhere other then that page (dev posts, interviews, etc) and they are now changing it. Considering even on some of the community sites that had interviews they only ever mentioned the character change, it is not surprising.

Do I think they should still honor it? Maybe, it would be a really nice sign from Bioware.

Am I going to ***** and moan if they don't. No, but my trust will be slightly hurt.

Actually they can and they are saying that. Miscommunication happens. We don't know how they are set up. There could have been some miscommunication between the people who actually made the decision and the people who were writing the text.

It sucks but I would not call it a last minute decision. Last minute decision would be if we saw it anywhere other then that page (dev posts, interviews, etc) and they are now changing it. Considering even on some of the community sites that had interviews they only ever mentioned the character change, it is not surprising.

Do I think they should still honor it? Maybe, it would be a really nice sign from Bioware.

Am I going to ***** and moan if they don't. No, but my trust will be slightly hurt.

Miscommunication is just an 'excuse' or a 'scapegoat' they use to get away from what previously said. But then, Bioware already lost a lot of trust from their fanbase for this 'miscommunication' excuse. This has been happening a lot, so it's either someone in the team is incompetent to relay information to someone or this has been really an accident, but it's not since this has been going on a lot of times in Bioware (patch notes, etc)

One time they did this kind of 'miscommunication' information is fine, but if this is happening a lot, then there's something wrong. I suggest Bioware should double check what they post. If they say something, please do it. Otherwise you will leave a 'scar' in the company's reputation.

Bioware sure doesn't want people to doubt everything they post. Should people question and doubt every information Bioware Austin relays now? Most likely to prevent headaches and frustration. Bioware Edmonton should take part of SWTOR.

Edited by Mark-JPS