Patch 2.1 and Eradicator's Mask

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't happen right at launch... great. Reminds me of the party jawa thingy that we were supposed to get because it was bugged at F2P launch. I'm still waiting for that to arrive too.

Don't worry, you are not the only one waiting for their Party Jawa.

So if I'm recalling correctly (I think I am but I could be wrong):

1) When the first round of server mergers happened we were told we'd get an optional and free legacy rename once a month. I didn't pay attention after that since I liked my legacy name, no idea if they ever came out and sais "lol, NOPE".

2) Tthe notes for 2.1, which they did say were preliminary test notes that might change, offered the free character/legacy/guild rename (you can kinda tell something's off with the guild rename being mentioned).

3) The patch notes are now corrected: we get 1 free character rename, and we can buy legacy renames if we want. It is cosmetic afterall and does not impact PvP or PvE performance.

Makes sense, I believe I understand it.

Point of clarification for myself: we only get to rename 1 character on our entire account, right? We don't get an optional character rename for each of our characters, just one character, correct?

you really Owe more than one name change to all of the players who were forced off their original server. there are countless people who paid money to get Early Access to get their name reserved, only to lose it months later in a server transfer. for instance we had a group of players grief members of my guild when they learned (unfairly from an over friendly bioware employee) before the announcement, that our servers would be heading to The Ebon Hawk server.. they created toons there ahead of time. Stole our guild name, and stole many of our members names just for the sake of griefing us...

These are people who already paid extra to get their names at launch, only to have them stripped away. Do they not deserve another chance to name their character with thought?

Alright! The page has been updated to correctly list that you get one free Character name change only. I apologize again for that incorrect information getting out. Thank you all for being understanding about this!

Per account, or per toon?

Don't worry, you are not the only one waiting for their Party Jawa.

Party Jawa and Fireworks were utter garbage. Pointless crap. If they want to give us something, give us something we actually want. Not stuff you could care less about to fill up more inventory.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Hey MTCason,

I just checked with our Cartel Market team and the Eradicator's Mask will not have voice modulation.

As with the Malak headpiece I have to ask; why not?

Seems lazy to me tbh.

Alright! The page has been updated to correctly list that you get one free Character name change only. I apologize again for that incorrect information getting out. Thank you all for being understanding about this!

Honestly (and no offense intended) but why bother?

1 character name change per account. Whoopie.

Just wanted to get it out in the open if it wasn't already said but, we were promised one free character name PER MONTH on the free vs sub features page when free to play just came out. It was one of the perks to being a sub.

Some of us haven't forgotten this and it is incredibly lame of you guys to advertise this one time free change as if us subs are getting something special when you obviously bait and switched a lot of people who subbed hoping for that feature.

Don't be fooled my fellow SWTOR players. They're jippin us and they know it.

Eric or Amber.

Since 2.1 is upcoming next week, could you please let us know what color dyes will be made available with the update?

So far we know:

There will be 48 different Dye Modules at release. 25 will be available through the Cartel Market, 3 will be available from the Security Key and Collector’s Edition vendors, and 20 more will be available through the crafting system (schematics for some of which will be found on Reputation vendors).

So give us the list of what those colors will be, and out of the 48, how many will be duel color (primary and secondary) dyes, and what those colors will be.

oh how I wish BW would put Sunder's Mask up on cartel market but only if it includes the voice modulation...I get barked out by guildies everytime we raid SV because I watch the cinematic for cartel warlords just to see/hear Sunder talk through his mask. Please BW give me sunder's mask!

Just wanted to get it out in the open if it wasn't already said but, we were promised one free character name PER MONTH on the free vs sub features page when free to play just came out. It was one of the perks to being a sub.

Some of us haven't forgotten this and it is incredibly lame of you guys to advertise this one time free change as if us subs are getting something special when you obviously bait and switched a lot of people who subbed hoping for that feature.

Don't be fooled my fellow SWTOR players. They're jippin us and they know it.

That's what I exactly stated in here or some other thread about the renames: According to the comparison page sub vs f2p, there was mentioned that subs get one rename for free EACH MONTH. However, if you look at the page now, they just removed it. Another feature they announced in the past and then silently remove it.

I haven't forgotten about that as well...

That's what I exactly stated in here or some other thread about the renames: According to the comparison page sub vs f2p, there was mentioned that subs get one rename for free EACH MONTH. However, if you look at the page now, they just removed it. Another feature they announced in the past and then silently remove it.

I haven't forgotten about that as well...

Yep.. I haven't either. Oh well, that's Bioware for you, well EA to be exact. It's okay for them to back out from their word. What about if their fans did the same thing and stop supporting them? We can just say.. oh it's a miscommunication and didn't mean for it to happen LOL...

In EA's quarterly financials call... they were pleased how successful the CM was... Generated $224 million in three months... doubled the income they earned from SWTOR (thanks to CM)... and yet they still restrict a lot of things from subscriber? Greedy much? Lol. Without us fans, you will not earn that $224 million in three months.. so I suggest EA should listen to fans

Edited by Mark-JPS

I just wanted to clarify, as this seems to be a misconception floating around. With Game Update 2.1 each subscriber will get one free Character Name change per account. There will not be complimentary Legacy or Guild name changes.

One piece of bad news I do have is that unfortunately we are running into some issues granting the free name change and so that will not happen right at the launch of Game Update 2.1. We are working to get it implemented ASAP and I will give you exact timing as soon as I can. You will definitely get it, just not right away.

-eric

So what about the APAC players who didn't get the free legacy name change months ago when they weren't unique anymore...??

I just wanted to clarify, as this seems to be a misconception floating around. With Game Update 2.1 each subscriber will get one free Character Name change per account. There will not be complimentary Legacy or Guild name changes.

One piece of bad news I do have is that unfortunately we are running into some issues granting the free name change and so that will not happen right at the launch of Game Update 2.1. We are working to get it implemented ASAP and I will give you exact timing as soon as I can. You will definitely get it, just not right away.

-eric

What is the point of the name change if we still cannot get the name we want...When I transferred over to the APAC servers I had all my names reserved that I had been able to get during early access, however we had to delete our placeholders just before the transfer happened as at the time your system didn't allow for the rename option it does now. In that short space of time someone took my mains name and I was told there was nothing that could be done.

I believe that player got that character to level 21, played for a month and has not touched it since so they would seem to no longer play the game...for over a year, but I cannot have the name back for fear of upsetting that player should they come back.

I am a subscriber, have paid and played since early access why do you fear more upsetting a random potential sale than a loyal paying customer...it does not make sense.

Edit: Oh and yeah when the APAC servers are closed I will loose 7 of my 8 character names if I was to go back to the Harbinger. I know to alot of people names are not important...they are to me. I have known these character since early access as these names....I will NOT be happy if I loose my names to people who DO NOT play the game anymore.

Edited by DarthBrundleFLY

Hey MTCason,

I just checked with our Cartel Market team and the Eradicator's Mask will not have voice modulation.

Im still trying to get over the fact why doesn't this have a voice changer, IF it covers your mouth, it should change your voice.

Malak's mouth peice, Dreadseed Helmet, Eradiactors Mask, all need a void modulator.

Why not just add a voice modulator option in the character window i,e like toggle mask on off,

or maybe even add it as a payable global unlock with the cartel market ;)

either case it will make people happier with their character to sound a little different without worrying about if the helmt/mask changes their characters voice or not.

If there is a reason for the voice modulator not being on the helmet, can we at least get an explanation? Malak's helmet was explained away as the player not missing their jaw the way Malak did. What's the reasoning behind this? It's a mask. It covers the entire face. That requires some kind of amplification to make the voice heard. PLEASE give it voice modulation!

The Eradicator's Mask will be in Patch 2.1 on May 14th, and it will cost 480 Cartel Coins. :)

You'd imagine paying the 900 Cartel Coins for the Eradicators Set. The helmet would come with it.

I assume selling it separately is another way to make money?

could atleast give the people who paid for the full set a discount.

You'd imagine paying the 900 Cartel Coins for the Eradicators Set. The helmet would come with it.

I assume selling it separately is another way to make money?

could atleast give the people who paid for the full set a discount.

The price for most other sets (which also DO NOT include headgear) is 1440 CC.

The price for the Eradicator's Set is 900 CC

If you add the 480CC the mask is going to cost you get (900 + 480) = 1380CC

The last time I checked 1380 was less than 1440. Looks to me like it's been discounted already.

The price for most other sets (which also DO NOT include headgear) is 1440 CC.

The price for the Eradicator's Set is 900 CC

If you add the 480CC the mask is going to cost you get (900 + 480) = 1380CC

The last time I checked 1380 was less than 1440. Looks to me like it's been discounted already.

Please don't bring logic into this. It has no place on an internet forum.

Hey MTCason,

Any way to just paste the voice modulation found on Revan's Mask? That should be a relatively quick fix instead of a brand new modulation.