Question of the Day 5/6/2013

Female cathar trooper =) finally getting my kitty squad. Got a name saved and gear waiting in a cargobay. This one will be a commando, got a vanguard on Tatooine but you can never have too many troopers. Edited by SilentKitty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NONE,

I hate to add fuel to the fire but it is just beyond me as to BW's choice of the first race to add

There are so many more SW choices eg

Trandoshan

Wookiee

Rodian

Gamorrean

Nautolan (you would guess an easy one from Twi'lek)

Bothan

Too name but a few

Yes I agree that some would be strange on the wrong side of the war, but you will also notice that you can now have a Jedi Sith pure blood.

And Yes some of these "cant" speak basic but we have a Hutt that now can so not a big leap.

And You already have a mechanic in place to deal with the armor/look of for instance wookiees see Comps like Khem Val, a customisation slot or 2 for these would be an "easy" fix. Or for ones like Trando Invisable gear slots for feet, head, and maybe forearms.

So the Cathar seems like a lazy addition to a game that I play every day (and yes I played SWG so am spoilt)

Really don't care about cathar,but i'm glad for people who wanted this spieces and still i'm gonna create new cathar mercenary and change my mauradeur into cathar.

I hope after cathar we will see more spieces,this is only reason why i support them:i_angel:

Which character will you be making a Cathar when Game Update 2.1: Customization is released?

Personal Answer: I have pondered this quite a bit - I think I am gonna have to go with one of my Smugglers. Mainly because I want to see a Cathar in a cowboy hat. :sy_blaster:

I have planned to make a Cathar Sage since the day they were first announced at last year's E3. I have been wanting a sage for a long time, but have held off until Cathar get here. None of my characters are going to "change" Species. I don't believe in changing a character that is already created.

I also plan to dress her like Bastila since Juhani's outfit is not yet in game. ;) (hint hint)

I haven't really decided whether I will or not have one but unlike some people I do remember the poll that you guys did prior to the game launching when you asked what species everyone would like and remember that Cathar was the top one so I understand why it is getting added.

Have a good day.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I've been holding off on making a Bounty Hunter for awhile now, and I'll probably create one as a Cathar. :) Depends on their customization options though . . . I really want to like them, but am not quite sold yet based on what we've seen.

None. Not interested and frankly find it stupid THIS is the species you would add, rather than more commonly known species. Wookies or Togruta. Not reskinnned cat people. The decision making at Bioware gets worse and worse.

As has been stated in every thread about Cathar on the forums, they are being added because, in a pre-launch poll done by BW, the players requested Cathar more than any other species. Bioware listened to the PLAYERS. It was our choice, not theirs. And people need to stop bringing up Wookiees, we will never see playable Wooks in this game. Bothans on the other hand we need. I would love to make a Bothan Operative.

Edited by Kilikaa

None,

I might have had it been included (as it was promised to be) for suscribers. But I am not going to use my cartel points for this. The cathar are just not worth it

This goes for me too. I'm not interested enough to want to pay for the cathar.

As has been stated in every thread about Cathar on the forums, they are being added because, in a pre-launch poll done by BW, the players requested Cathar more than any other species. Bioware listened to the PLAYERS. It was our choice, not theirs. And people need to stop bringing up Wookiees, we will never see playable Wooks in this game. Bothans on the other hand we need. I would love to make a Bothan Operative.

I don't recall this poll.

Honestly, none.

I think that it is great that SWTOR is releasing a new playable race and I hope that this is the start of many more to come however I will not be buying or making any of my characters a Cathar. The race just does not appeal to me after playing a Kerra for 9 years in Everquest 2 (Kerra are the cat race in EQ2).

Now if we get some actual Star Wars "aliens" such as Ithorians, Wookies or Jawas then I will gladly pay for the new race(s) but the Cathar just do not do it for me.

OUR choice huh? I certainly did not choose Cathar.

Why do we need to stop bringing up Wookies? Why won't they ever be added? Oh, because they do not speak "common/English"? Well if that is the standard then you can eliminate most, if not all, of the non human species right off the bat - which severely stumps this game and the direction they are trying to go with adding new species to the cartel market.

Wonder how many posters here knew about the species poll EAware put up that allowed people to vote for the next species to be added.... spoiler alert: Cathar were first. :rolleyes:

As far as I remember that poll was before the game launched. I bet 90% of those people have quit the game a long time ago. Otherwise cathar would not be getting so much hate. Anyway, I'll probably spend those 600 coins if it will somehow increase my chances of one day getting a playable Kel Dor.

Edited by Aelther

OUR choice huh? I certainly did not choose Cathar.

Why do we need to stop bringing up Wookies? Why won't they ever be added? Oh, because they do not speak "common/English"? Well if that is the standard then you can eliminate most, if not all, of the non human species right off the bat - which severely stumps this game and the direction they are trying to go with adding new species to the cartel market.

There are a LOT of issues pretaining to Wookiees. I never said anything about them not speaking basic. And you are wrong about the non-humans and Basic. Many NONhumans DO speak basic, but there would be many other issues with adding many of them. So yes, stop bringing up Wookiees. We will never see them as playable. Also, if you do not like the fact that the majority of the playerbase voted for Cathar in the official, pre-launch poll, tough. The fans spoke and we are getting Cathar first. Simple as that.

There are a LOT of issues pretaining to Wookiees. I never said anything about them not speaking basic. And you are wrong about the non-humans and Basic. Many NONhumans DO speak basic, but there would be many other issues with adding many of them. So yes, stop bringing up Wookiees. We will never see them as playable. Also, if you do not like the fact that the majority of the playerbase voted for Cathar in the official, pre-launch poll, tough. The fans spoke and we are getting Cathar first. Simple as that.

Yeah I agree that wookiees are a bit too much to be a fully playable race, however it's so obvious that people who voted for cathar are no longer here. Why else would so many be complaining? And I wonder what choices were given in that pole... Was it a choice between actual alien species like togruta, Kel Dor, rodian, and cathar, or was it a choice between 20 different colors of humans and humans with silly cat-like make-up? Cause then I'm not surprised the cathar won.

Edited by Aelther

Sniper all the way! :) but I can't decide on male or female. operative class story is the only one I've done mostly dark, and lets just say I want my Cathar to see the light ;) I guess I should level up all my 50's before I do that... only 4 more to go and no time to do it.

Yeah I agree that wookiees are a bit too much to be a fully playable race, however it's so obvious that people who voted for cathar are no longer here. Why else would so many be complaining?

The choices were pretty limited and the results were not overwhelming. What I think it really came down to is that people all have there own favorites. For example, Mine is Mon Calamari and Quaren, but most people don't care about them. So think of it this way:

40% vote Cathar

20% vote Togruta

20% vote Sarkhai

20% vote Ewok

twice as many people voted for Cathar than any other species, but 60% of the people who voted complain that their choice wasn't selected. only difference is that there were more like 10 options so... closer to 80% of people chose something other than Cathar. Lawyered (guess that quote)