The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

The Merc didn’t talk.

For some reason I've seen more and more of this lately. Hardly nobody says hello at the beginning of a FP anymore. One player is off doing something weird and you can't communicate with them. It's like in the last year we've had a rush of players that have no clue where the chat window is, can't type or don't know English. How is it that you want to group with others yet won't communicate?

If it's one fhe flashy one's that do the strobe-light type effects I can understand that.

Or whichever on it is that makes the whole party dance, I detest any toy that makes my character do things.

Stick to the simple toys that only work on your character and won't potentially blind other party members.

One Man Band. It's neither flashy nor loud. And I used it twice. And unless someone asks me to (he was rude, but I humored him anyway) I don't plan on 'sticking to the simple toys'. It's group content, people do things with stuff available in game. If it's bothersome for any reason whatsoever there's chat and maybe, just maybe being nice about it.

i haven't had anything too out of the ordinary "dubbya tee eff" moments like pulling too many mobs or whatever, my issue comes on the GTN. (btw i have to say it like that because the letters in W T F get censored, that's weird to me.)

people...undercutting 100k+ credits on a 500k item IS NOT good economics. i don't care what any of you say ESPECIALLY if it's a matrix or an ember. those always sell.

20% undercut = poor decision

5% undercut = economics

that's weird behavior to me.

Edited by Volcinar

people...undercutting 100k+ credits on a 500k item IS NOT good economics. i don't care what any of you say ESPECIALLY if it's a matrix or an ember. those always sell.

Aside from the fact that it's not real economics - it's fantasy goods, in a fantasy world, for fantasy currency - who sets the "value" of a fantasy item?

😅

Aside from the fact that it's not real economics - it's fantasy goods, in a fantasy world, for fantasy currency - who sets the "value" of a fantasy item?

😅

yeah i get it, it's a game...but it's fun to make money, even if it's made up funny money.

i'll put it this way, part of the fun of this game to me is to go out and do conquest across multiple characters on my account. when the matrix's are in the 500k area they make pretty good profit and i feel my time invested was worth it. when one guy sets his on the GTN for 250k the next 5 people do that as well, then those matrix's are cut in half and people like me come out with 15m for a weeks worth of work instead of 30m.

and that's just an example, for the most part the matrix prices have stabilized since KP farms got shut down. The worst instance i've seen of this is with the invasion force things you need for dark projects. one guy is selling multiple stacks of 100 for 30m, so 300k per single unit. that's a typical bulk discount. don't be that guy that sells a single for 300k when everyone else is selling a single for 600k. to me you're just shooting yourself in the foot and it's ricocheting into everyone else's foot.

since there is a pretty easily achievable maximum item level in this game, and pretty easily obtainable set bonuses, the only thing left at max level to me is makin' money. if those prices take a sh** then i personally am very demotivated to play.

Edited by Volcinar

Boarding Party, vet. A level 75 'Sin tank and merc heals, lvl51 PT and me, lvl 47 sorc.

Wow, just wow. Yes, they had probably just hit lvl75 and their gear was crap, I get that, but this tanking was just hilariously bad. One mob tunnel vision throughout the entire flashpoint. Thank the force that the healer was on his toes.

All they used was the purple fart cloud and the spinny ball shield, (I don't play 'sin tanks, I have no idea of the proper names), depreciating volts and auto attack stabby-stabby with the lightsaber. That was it. Taunts? Nah! Speedy force to target. Nope!

Of all the funzies, this sticks in my mind the most:

Three of us managed to sneak past the boss with the two droids, but this guy/girl decided to stealth right past the boss which, quite understandably given that the boss has Advanced Stealth Detection, failed spectacularly. So, rather than stop and tank the fallout that put the rest of the group into combat, they popped out of stealth, stealthed out to drop aggro and ran away. He then dropped out of stealth again, ran back to us with two new jedi friends, and started to hit the droid that I'd managed to CC, leaving the rest to munch on the healer.

Healer gets well and truly kerb-stomped by one boss, one droid and two jedi. Me and the PT manage to kill off one droid and both jedi before the tank bites it. Between the two of us, the PT and I manage to kill the other droid, the adds that followed it, and the boss. Scraped the healer and tank off the floor and carried on to more fun and games.

Really, is it so hard? Do not stealth near mobs with Advanced Stealth Detection. You can pretty much guarantee all named mobs in flashpoints have this buff.

Was in Hammer Station FP. Tanking. This one DPS was on my back from the get go. When he got aggro he would run away, and around a corner - so I couldn't aggro the damn mob - and then say I couldn't tank. Then later at the laserbridge thing, where you usually RUN over the thing instead of fighting the turrets. HE fell in. And said it was my fault, and that I shouldn't be playing yada yada yada. He was extremely rude and cussing me out, and I'm just there sitting like the meme *akward dog*.

Not the best moment in the game. Thankfully the 2 other guys were nice and supportive!

Was in Hammer Station FP. Tanking.Then later at the laserbridge thing, where you usually RUN over the thing instead of fighting the turrets.

This seems to be a per-server thing. I run mostly on SF and the majority of groups kill those 2 turrets. It doesn't take long and since they're champions they drop a decent amount of conquest/reknown points.

Only time I've seen the groups automatically run through them was on DM, and I thought it was the stupidest thing ever since they don't drop aggro. The time you 'save' by not killing them is lost by having to die/respawn at the end to leave the fp.

Then later at the laserbridge thing, where you usually RUN over the thing instead of fighting the turrets.

I agree with the above poster - running past the turrets is NOT the usual thing. I'd also agree that it's not worth the effort unless you're in a group that knows you're going to do that. That usually means a non-GF, non-PUG. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

This seems to be a per-server thing. I run mostly on SF and the majority of groups kill those 2 turrets. It doesn't take long and since they're champions they drop a decent amount of conquest/reknown points.

Only time I've seen the groups automatically run through them was on DM, and I thought it was the stupidest thing ever since they don't drop aggro. The time you 'save' by not killing them is lost by having to die/respawn at the end to leave the fp.

I agree, with the sole exception of an all-stealth group.

A few days ago i got kicked for the first time in 8 years of swtor from a FP while not being afk.

It was veteran Athiss.( i was also drunk a little)

At the jump shortcut before first boss i got stuck twice, (such fails happen sometimes, so what? :) )The second time obviously has a timer, so i couldn't do anything. They jumped down and got killed by the droids(2 75s and 1 60). Just as the droids were reaching me i got unstuck and finished them off. After they got all back they proceeded to kick me. They were far away near the boss, so maybe they didn't know i was stuck, so they thought i just sat there while they died. Whatever the case it was stupid reason to kick someone.

Not a big deal, i just requeued got Cademimu and finished it without problems. Maybe it was the alcohol but I was surprised at the serious outrage i felt at first. I wrote down their names and i am going to gank them in wzs, every time i see them. Unfortunately i spied what they were doing for a few days and not once did they enter wz, i guess they are not into wzs at all. Still i have their names(friend list on every active character i have) for hopefully some kind of future use. Some kind of grief or prank later on, for fun, maybe years from now, especially on the guy that initiated the kick. :rak_03:

Edited by Kaedusz

A few days ago i got kicked for the first time in 8 years of swtor from a FP while not being afk.

It was veteran Athiss, i was with my recreated old merc around lvl 40-50.(was also drunk a little)

At the jump shortcut before first boss i got stuck twice, The second time obviously has a timer, so i couldn't do anything. They jumped down and got killed by the droids(2 75s and 1 60). Just as the droids were reaching me i got unstuck and finished them off. After we got all back they proceeded to kick me.

Maybe it was the alcohol but I was surprised at the serious outrage i felt. I wrote down their names and i am going to gank them in wzs, every time i see them. Unfortunately i spied what they were doing for a few days and not once did they enter wz, i guess they are not into wzs at all. Still i have their names(friend list) for hopefully some kind of future use. Some kind of grief or prank later on, maybe years from now. :rak_03:

It's funny because the second time I've played Athiss I was grouped with 3 other people who are mid-leveled without experience. I myself am a newbie with group FP too and only went through Athiss once before but I said I can try to lead because the group I was with last time was very nice and gave me detail instruction about this FP (I always said I am new to a FP if it's a new map).

We went through the map with little problems, but when we need to jump on the wall to avoid mobs, one of the SI got stuck between the ledge and the wall TWICE. I'm assuming it's the same spot you're stuck.

Instead of raging, we just laughed and waited for the poor SI to unstuck while I did the jumping a few times to show him. I felt like an Olympic athlete demonstrating cool moves while the other two (a mara and a merc) cheering "watch him jump!" and threw sparkles while we wait. It was hilarious to see an agent showing a Sith how to jump anyway lol. The SI unstuck and made the jump after the cool down. We finished the FP smoothly and said our goodbye. It's one of the most fun FP I've had so far. Shows how different people can take the same situation in totally different ways.

Always depends on the grp, but when a guardian who can leap, tries to jump when already one got it, or the sneak who can just run through... it's always funny to watch - but yeah that's usually also the kind of group that will wipe at the droids or later at the dinosaur :p

Situational awareness is something most people don't have, in athiss are a lot of spots where you can los things, but actually getting a group who does it is like winning the lottery, many many many "head meets desk moments" :confused:

From my experience Pub side is more friendlier but are terrible at running flashpoints. Everyone is a Jedi. Imp side side is disgustingly toxic but marvelously efficient at running flashpoints. Everyone is a stealth class. Of course these are my generalities. If you want nice advice try Pub, if you want to knock out your weeklies fast then go Imp.

I’ve had an asston of weird to bad groups in my life (ESPECIALLY as a healer, for a while I boycotted queuing random FPs as a healer because MAN do they get **** on) but FINALLY, I shall contribute to this lovely thread, because I hit a milestone. The FIRST EVER time I got kicked from an FP.

Vet Cadimemu. Me, baby level 42 rage jugg. 75 sin, low end gear, but still should be fine. Level...50-ish? Op healer, and a level 30-something mara. All same guild, I’m the only odd man out. Seemed simple enough, it’s just Cadimemu.

For a minute or so they all stand there while I wait for the 75 to pull...and clearly they’re expecting me to pull. The baby jugg. Kay whatever, no ED yet, but still two DCDs, I should be fine facetanking. Pull, healer is okay, but I’m tiny so it’s a feat, and the DPS is really low so the fights take absolute ages. I have no way of telling but pretty sure I was highest DPS (which is...BAD, I’m a **** DPS and I have no idea how to play jugg) because I had NO issues holding aggro of absolutely everything. I don’t think I saw the mara use a single skill, all reg hits.

Get down the elevator, someone pulls the extra mobs on the side as we run through (not sure who but it wasn’t me), wipe. Not an issue, pick myself up and carry on. They’re clearly not super-experienced players, that’s fine, I don’t mind carrying – gonna be rough with no ED, but I think I can do it. We get to the trash at the fenced area, and I try to LOS em, and the whole party stands out in the center and dies. Wipe. Respawn, head back, couple things dead now so think we can just do it out in the open. Nope, DPS is too low, wipe again.

Next thing I know I’m vote kicked. I mean, yeah sure. I could be optimistic – maybe another guildie was gonna join and carry them – but I’m not optimistic, and if they thought I was the issue...oh honey. A 75 was too scared to pull ahead of a level 40. That right there should have told me what to expect.

Honorable mention: that one time, months ago, when I encountered an op healer who only used kolto waves, and only when everyone was full hp.

I’m happy to say, most master modes I’ve queued are smoother. Vet modes are honestly a nightmare to PUG.

Last night I was in a Vet group****, consisting of me as a DPS, two other DPS and a tank.

At the first boss the tank died almost immediately. He started to complain that someone should be healing him (by using the koltos). I explained that, as a Veteran Mode FP, everyone is responsible for their own health.

I also explained that Vets are most often done with just 4 DPS, but admittedly, not wanting to type too much, I didn't explain it well.

The tank, who wasn't very good, but learning, kept dying, and we were essentially 3-man'ing it with no healer.

About 2/3 of the way through, one of the DPS started a kick vote on me! I don't know why, but that DPS seemed angry at me. Maybe he was a buddy of the Tank. 🤔

But, the vote failed (?) and we finished the FP anyway - with the tank being dead during the last fight. 🙂

So, to those of you reading this and new to veteran mode flashpoints:

There are no specific roles in Vet mode. That means that no-one needs to play the role of "tank" or "healer", if there isn't one.

Tanks are not needed in Vet mode. The bosses are tuned (or gimped) not to need one**.

For healing, if there is no healer, you are responsible for your own health and you use koltos when needed. This includes tanks - it's perfectly okay for the tank to go to a kolto, even if they drag the boss with them***.

EDIT - to elaborate, and as brought up by a later post:

Kolto stations give a 'burst' heal to the person who clicks it, and lesser HoTs to the rest of the group. So, it is of course, best if the person who is actually low on health, uses it. Playing healer by clicking koltos for the rest of the group doesn't actually work that well.

** Tanks are not useless, but they're not 'required'.

*** In some cases - Athiss being a good example - someone may need to help the tank (or whoever the boss is attacking) with the kolto because of the old 'boss's hitbox overlaps the kolto' thing.

**** I've done a lot of FPs lately, so one tends to blend into another, but I think it was Directive 7.

Edited by JediQuaker

Leveling my level 25 Sorc and queued for a FP and got HS (big surprise).

Loaded in with my level 25 Sorc, 2 level 75 Marauders, and a level 75 Jugg. Figured it would go pretty quickly. Nope, those three didn't pull a single mob or boss. They all waited for the lowly level 25 Sorc to do all the pulling.

Loaded in with my level 25 Sorc, 2 level 75 Marauders, and a level 75 Jugg. Figured it would go pretty quickly. Nope, those three didn't pull a single mob or boss. They all waited for the lowly level 25 Sorc to do all the pulling.

Similarly, I was in a VM FP last night and one person started to explain one of the fights as the rest of us stood around waiting. After a while the explainer said something like "still waiting", from which I assumed he meant he was waiting for someone to start the fight. I had to point out to him that he was the leader**. (There was no Tank, btw.)

At about the same time, someone else attacked.

** It's funny when you see the leader typing "r?" into chat instead of doing a group "ready check". I do understand from personal experience though, that you can both not know you're the leader, and not be aware of the "ready check". I just found it humorous. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

At the first boss the tank died almost immediately. He started to complain that someone should be healing him (by using the koltos). I explained that, as a Veteran Mode FP, everyone is responsible for their own health.

^^^This. After years of courtesy kolto stations people STILL have no idea how to use them effectively. Sure if a person queued as healer they're fine clicking kolto for others *as a handicap* if their own healing isn't mastered yet. But a full health person in general should NOT be clicking for the aggro junkie. The clicker gets the only huge burst of health that the dying player needed while the rest of the group gets a paltry hot that heals for a fraction of what the burst did. It's usually immediately undone by the enemy damage and the idiotic cycle begins again until there's no kolto stations left because they're all on cooldown and the group wipes.

Please pugs, unless it's clear that the tank or dps w/ best aggro has no idea where the kolto is, let them try to find it and heal themselves. As a tank nothing irks me more than heading for a kolto station when a major chunk of my health is gone and a merc thinks he's helping by clicking it right before I did.

Please pugs, unless it's clear that the tank or dps w/ best aggro has no idea where the kolto is, let them try to find it and heal themselves. As a tank nothing irks me more than heading for a kolto station when a major chunk of my health is gone and a merc thinks he's helping by clicking it right before I did.

Agreed, it is extremely infuriating when that happens. One of the reason I stopped doing Veteran Mode is precisely because of people using the Kolto instead of letting me grab it when I need it.