The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

...He didn't WANT to turn on Sprint :confused:....

Was he playing a female character? Females have far more watchable nonsprint animation than the print animation.:-D

When i was playing my first female ages ago and had to wait few levels for getting sprint, i was severely disappointed when i saw how it looked.:-D

And the healer leaves the group. He stays, doing nothing, and I watch in horror as the counter ticks down.

ok, bye' says the other DPS, 'we will win without you'

Okay, so we're in for a fight. But we get through! I say good work, the DPSes thank us for the group, and spend time talking in a negative manner about the healer, before thanking us again and we depart.

I usually have pretty smooth FP runs, but this one really heated up. I wasn't completely innocent, and it might've been my "That's his job!@" that made the healer leave.

You gave the kicker the impression that it was good to kick the healer - by staying within the group.

He will remember this. That he can kick peoplew he doesn't like and get through with it, that is.

He will continue to do so in the future.

Welcome to trollish behaviour 3.0 It's always the Healer who fails, never the DPS.

You gave the kicker the impression that it was good to kick the healer - by staying within the group.

He will remember this. That he can kick peoplew he doesn't like and get through with it, that is.

He will continue to do so in the future .

Welcome to trollish behaviour 3.0 It's always the Healer who fails, never the DPS.

I see your point, but I was trying to do the best I could. Maybe there was some nuances that I didn't even notice that might paint the encounter in a different light. I certainly don't mean to encourage poor behaviour, much less participate in it.

Interesting run of kaon HM with my sniper. Group was another sniper, sorc healer and sin tank. We set off and throughout the trash pulls I rip aggro a number of times. I barely notice it in multiple enemy pulls - its to be expected the tank will drop 1 or 2 enemies, especially when they open with taunt like this guy does. However during fights with single champion droids I keep ripping aggro, after a while I write "guard?" in chat but don't receive a guard.

We get to the area with zombies or whatever they are meant to be and start killing. The other sniper has a habit of spamming suppressive fire on large pulls, while the tank continues to open with taunt. The other sniper, rather than just asking for guard then just let the issue drop when ignored decides to start flaming on the tank for "being a useless noob" and "not holding aggro properly" and "l2p" etc.

I butt in suggesting they may want to stop opening with aoe if they are that fussed about aggro, either that or use a dcd. This takes the flame off the tank and onto me, they tell me what a noob I am, I should l2p, they tell me how pro they are and point out they are LP.

We get to the turret bit, the sniper having died from merc pull cord. This was after a pull with 2 mercs where I interrupted the merc who stunned the healer but the other sniper and the healer never interrupted the other mercs pull cord. As such in the next pull when the sniper got caught I didn't bother interrupting (if hes not going to interrupt other people stuns why should I do his).

We get to turret and I write "<other sniper name> on turret"

them: "tank goes on turret"

me: "no, there are enemies that explode in this fight, they need to be kited away by the tank"

them: "then let the healer do turret"

me: "have you ever done this before"

them: "why me?"

me: "usually its the weakest dps goes on the turret"

them: "me weakest? I'm the best dps on server"

me: "earlier in single enemy pulls I was ripping from the tank and you weren't, ergo I have better dps, ergo you go on turret"

They click the console and start the fight but refuse to get on turret. Obviously without anybody on turret we wipe (though credit to the healer, we last ages). The sniper then rage quits after telling me to l2p and says he could out-dps me any day.

We requeue and get a sorc dps who has 4k more hp than me so I go on turret and we beat the pull.

We get to the big red boss but just before we get there I get a irl phone call so write "brb". Sadly the phone call is about something important irl so when I get back to the computer write "sorry guys rl aggro g2g" but I cant because they started the boss fight.

None of them follow mechanics, judging by the way they play I reckon none of them even know about the barrels. As such we wipe and I am in a bad mood. They decided to pull while I was afk then wiped thereby giving me a repair bill when I was about to quit the mission anyway.

We requeue and get a sorc dps who has 4k more hp than me so I go on turret and we beat the pull.

y.

I'm still learning at being a healer so I have a question. Because he has 4k more HPs, wouldn't that mean that he is putting more resources ( augs, etc) toward endurance and not power/crit/mastery etc. I would think you'd still be the highest dps output because he has more hp? You know what I mean? :)

For instance: Crafting gear 220 has more endurance, but I don't want that as healer. I want power/crit/alacrity etc. So I want the crystal gear ( Bioware obviously didn't want crafting gear to beat out the group crystal gear :( ). So my HP are higher but my damage/healing output is lower. Am I making sense? :o

I'm still learning at being a healer so I have a question. Because he has 4k more HPs, wouldn't that mean that he is putting more resources ( augs, etc) toward endurance and not power/crit/mastery etc. I would think you'd still be the highest dps output because he has more hp? You know what I mean? :)

For instance: Crafting gear 220 has more endurance, but I don't want that as healer. I want power/crit/alacrity etc. So I want the crystal gear ( Bioware obviously didn't want crafting gear to beat out the group crystal gear :( ). So my HP are higher but my damage/healing output is lower. Am I making sense? :o

basically the higher ranks of gear have higher stats in everything. For example 224 armourings have higher eudurance and mastery than 220 or 216, so someone in full 224 will have more hp than someone in full 220, even if both of them are using low endurance things in every slot.

Though you are right, he could have been in about 208 216 and still had higher health but I just assumed that he wasn't on the basis of what you wrote above. Pretty much everybody in the game knows mastery, power, crit etc are more important than endurance so its unlikely they would have put on endurance high stuff.

Having said that, it did seem weird when, later on I ripped aggro on the large red boss but that sorc didn't, even though I was guarded and the other dps wasn't. So maybe they were dumb enough to stack endurance.

Edited by BobFredJohn

IWe get to turret and I write "<other sniper name> on turret"

them: "tank goes on turret"

me: "no, there are enemies that explode in this fight, they need to be kited away by the tank"

them: "then let the healer do turret"

me: "have you ever done this before"

them: "why me?"

me: "usually its the weakest dps goes on the turret"

them: "me weakest? I'm the best dps on server"

me: "earlier in single enemy pulls I was ripping from the tank and you weren't, ergo I have better dps, ergo you go on turret"

Just an FYI, in all the many times I've done this in HM, I have never seen anyone other than the tank on the turret.

Players who rage about someone not able to taunt the droid boss when it charges the laser thing in Korriban incursion.

Ah yes...

One day got almost kicked by some guild run becouse of it.

"Almost" becouse i left immediately after threats to kick me.

It would be wipefest anyway. If those guys didn't know how this fight works... How could they know how tight DPS checks are in this fight :rolleyes:

Just an FYI, in all the many times I've done this in HM, I have never seen anyone other than the tank on the turret.

The way I've always run this is to put the weaker dps on the turret, preferably melee. As mentioned previously, you need a tank available for the kiting, the healer for the obvious and the stronger dps to take the adds the turret doesn't get. If I run this as a dps, I almost always grab the turret, mainly because I've been running this since it was a level 50 HM and more than experienced. All this is moot though if the group knows what they're doing, meaning tank or dps runs the turret. If a noob group is going into this, it's almost always best for a dps to run the turret. Either way, this boss is a piece of cake compared to what it once was.

Players who rage about someone not able to taunt the droid boss when it charges the laser thing in Korriban incursion.

Agree. I've witnessed this countless times in a number of scenarios. People who haven't tanked in this game obviously don't understand what an aggro drop is.

Agree. I've witnessed this countless times in a number of scenarios. People who haven't tanked in this game obviously don't understand what an aggro drop is.

Nah. That's not aggro drop in this fight.

Good example of aggro drop mechanic is a dog handler in Mandalorian raiders FP.

In Corriban incursion boss just yelling IMA SHOOTING MAH LASER at random player but not actually aggro on them.

Anyway that doesn't change the fact that some people are don't know how tanking works. I can definatly agree on that. :(

Nah. That's not aggro drop in this fight.

Good example of aggro drop mechanic is a dog handler in Mandalorian raiders FP.

In Corriban incursion boss just yelling IMA SHOOTING MAH LASER at random player but not actually aggro on them.

Anyway that doesn't change the fact that some people are don't know how tanking works. I can definatly agree on that. :(

KI and Mando both have similar mechanics, both have aggro drops, if you choose to view it as random firing or target swapping, then that's your choice. The fact is, the droid boss in KI is dropping his aggro on the tank to randomly hit someone.

KI and Mando both have similar mechanics, both have aggro drops, if you choose to view it as random firing or target swapping, then that's your choice. The fact is, the droid boss in KI is dropping his aggro on the tank to randomly hit someone.

Ugh...

You are in the darkness... Need light...

Aggro drop is a mechanic that almost completely removes tank from boss aggro list. And other people with highest agggro will be placed in this list on the first place.

Korriban incursion droid boss does NOT drop aggro. Try to do it again and you will notice that you DON"T have to TAUNT right after his target switch. Wich means that tank are still #1 in boss aggro table.

Target switch =/= aggro drop.

Why? It's simple.

Same example with MR.

Right after boss "carbonize" tank, he will head to the person with highest aggro (healer usually). And that's what calls aggro drop. Becouse boss WON'T return after tank breaks his stun. That's why tank MUST use his taunt to regain his place in aggro table.

Ugh...

You are in the darkness... Need light...

Aggro drop is a mechanic that almost completely removes tank from boss aggro list. And other people with highest agggro will be placed in this list on the first place.

Korriban incursion droid boss does NOT drop aggro. Try to do it again and you will notice that you DON"T have to TAUNT right after his target switch. Wich means that tank are still #1 in boss aggro table.

Target switch =/= aggro drop.

Why? It's simple.

Same example with MR.

Right after boss "carbonize" tank, he will head to the person with highest aggro (healer usually). And that's what calls aggro drop. Becouse boss WON'T return after tank breaks his stun. That's why tank MUST use his taunt to regain his place in aggro table.

There's no need to run KI again. I've been tanking it since its inception. Regardless of how you perceive it, the droid changes targets during that fight. You can refer to it as an aggro drop or simple target switching, either way, the tank is nearly irrelevant for those few seconds. The verbiage is nothing more than semantics. Regarding the tanks threat on the boss, of course the droid will switch back, assuming the tank is doing their job. The whole point of my original quote was agreeing with Halinalle regarding his vitriol to others not understanding the mechanics and demanding taunts.

The verbiage is nothing more than semantics.

It's not just semantics. An Aggro drop and a random fired ability are two seperate mechanics, as Kingsbount explained.

Of course you're right, doesn't change the fact people have no idea how that specific boss fight works, but since we're at it... ;)

There's no need to run KI again. I've been tanking it since its inception. Regardless of how you perceive it, the droid changes targets during that fight. You can refer to it as an aggro drop or simple target switching, either way, the tank is nearly irrelevant for those few seconds. The verbiage is nothing more than semantics. Regarding the tanks threat on the boss, of course the droid will switch back, assuming the tank is doing their job. The whole point of my original quote was agreeing with Halinalle regarding his vitriol to others not understanding the mechanics and demanding taunts.

What is aggro??

Red Reaper tactical

Scoundrel, Sage, Vanguard and Guardian (me)

Scoundrel wants to skip one of the group after first boss but Sage pulls the group anyway. We get to second boss and lvl65 Sage decided to go and click the blue things next to droid boss trying to turn them all red or something and of course pulling the boss. Sage wanted to switch all 6 to blue at one point. Well... of course this happened http://i.imgur.com/lLWpDzM.png

They defeated the boss though and while I was dead I had time to analyze Sage's rather interesting rotation.

Mind Crush -> TK Throw -> Project -> nothing -> nothing -> TK Gust -> TK Throw -> Turbulence -> nothing -> Project

There was some variations to that.

Of course final boss went like it normally goes: only 1 person (me) knows about interrupting the adds when lightning goes through them, 1 person joins the club after telling them to interrupt. I've seen worse runs but a lot of things can be avoided if players do things correctly.

Edited by Halinalle

Just queuing up as per usual. This time on my merc healer. Get a pop, its HM cad and zone in to find all the other 3 are in a guild and jugg "tank" is in shien. However before I get a chance to broach the subject of tanking the fake tank says something to me in a manner very much lacking in politeness but can be paraphrased as "give me lead"

I look at the phase indicator and see I am set as group leader. I reply "no need" and set off to stand waiting by the first pull, but the other 3 decide the group leader is more important. They (rudely) inform me that tank's are always group leader because they give the instructions on pulls. I reply that whos name is at the top of the screen is not going to alter my attitude towards group roles, regardless of who's name it is I will still let the tank pull and los wherever he wants, etc.

The 3 of them insist its very important that the tank is group lead so I ask "and where do fake tanks sit in the hierarchy?" They tell me not to be so obnoxious, that this guy is perfectly capable of holding aggro and his spec is irrelevant to the fact he queued as tank.

By now I am fed up of the 3 of them and just want to get going, and couldn't really care less who is lead (and I figure healing a fake tank though HM fp's is more interesting than healing a correctly played one) so I switch lead to them. Loot is immediately set to master and then the "tank" leaps into the first pull. All 3 of them tunnel vision 1 enemy and I face-tank all the others.

After the pull I write "good riddance" and quit group.

To be honest I never cared much about HM fp loot anyway, but I would prefer people with some manners.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Just queuing up as per usual. This time on my merc healer. Get a pop, its HM cad and zone in to find all the other 3 are in a guild and jugg "tank" is in shien. However before I get a chance to broach the subject of tanking the fake tank says something to me in a manner very much lacking in politeness but can be paraphrased as "give me lead"

I look at the phase indicator and see I am set as group leader. I reply "no need" and set off to stand waiting by the first pull, but the other 3 decide the group leader is more important. They (rudely) inform me that tank's are always group leader because they give the instructions on pulls. I reply that whos name is at the top of the screen is not going to alter my attitude towards group roles, regardless of who's name it is I will still let the tank pull and los wherever he wants, etc.

The 3 of them insist its very important that the tank is group lead so I ask "and where do fake tanks sit in the hierarchy?" They tell me not to be so obnoxious, that this guy is perfectly capable of holding aggro and his spec is irrelevant to the fact he queued as tank.

By now I am fed up of the 3 of them and just want to get going, and couldn't really care less who is lead (and I figure healing a fake tank though HM fp's is more interesting than healing a correctly played one so I switch lead to them. Loot is immediately set to master and then the "tank" leaps into the first pull. All 3 of them tunnel vision 1 enemy and I face-tank all the others.

After the pull I write "good riddance" and quit group.

To be honest I never cared much about HM fp loot anyway, but I would prefer people with some manners.

They really shouldn't allow loot to be changed mid FP, let alone to master looter. If it's premade then yeah, fine, but what ever happened above is just.... sad.

Say... do you play on Harby? I want in on these interesting stories :D, anything to make them exciting.

Here's one from the archives, this one happened about 3 years ago. Was at level 55, and I queued for a Hard Mode flashpoint on my Sorc, got HM Athiss, had a really good Powertech tank, a good Marauder, and a good Operative healer. Now, we get past the first boss, and the Marauder has to leave, emergency. No big deal, real life comes before game life.... well, his replacement was a real piece of work. We got a Marauder of about equal skill level, but a horrible attitude to match it. He got on the group's collective bad side real quick. We go to the second boss, and the Marauder immediately starts barking orders at the tank, even though it was very clear that the tank knew what he was doing. He then told the tank to "hurry it up, I tanked this flashpoint on this Marauder just yesterday." So, we pull the second boss back to the little pond, and mid run, the Marauder doesn't like something, even though things were going perfectly well, and he said something along the lines of "is running and kiting too hard for you, scrub?" We kill the boss, no issue, and he continues to insult people, so at this point, we kick him from the group, and on his way out, he tells us that we will never be invited to ops with his guild (don't think we would be missing much to be honest), yada yada. We get a third Marauder with a much better temperament and down the bonus and final boss with no issue.

By now I am fed up of the 3 of them and just want to get going, and couldn't really care less who is lead (and I figure healing a fake tank though HM fp's is more interesting than healing a correctly played one so I switch lead to them. Loot is immediately set to master and then the "tank" leaps into the first pull. All 3 of them tunnel vision 1 enemy and I face-tank all the others.

They sure want those useless 216 mk-2 pieces...

I would understand master looter in full guild run... but GF too?