The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

You! You're pure evil!!!! Sending healer comp before yourself into the battle!!!!444 That's just sick. And evil in it's purest form!!!4444 I like it :D:rak_03:

What should I do then? Open with hard casted TK Wave and then go melee enemies like most of the Sages do now?

Higher armor rating = higher damage reduction.

It does feel a bit weird to be in group where every other lvl65 has 62-67k hp and I have 75-77k. Of course they inspect my gear expecting to see endurance heavy enhancements and endurance augments.

My 65 Gunnery Commando main has 79K health, and does not have endu-heavy stuff. Just 216 all over except one relic at 186 or 190, I forget which, and belt/wrists at 220. My HBG is at 220(Versatile)/216(Lethal)/216 and everything has 208 augments except my relics (14 relics total). 3 pieces are 216 Ops token gear. I have had comments from guildies that suggest they wish my gear was less strong.

Oh, and it's unlettered non-ops mods... Plain 216 or 220.

She kills ordinary foes on Ord Mantell by glaring at them.

Sorry for missing this on Tuesday. DvL +XP gear isn't empty, even if all the slots are open. Each piece has a fixed non-removable 128-rated armoring that you cannot extract. It's a bit strange, because the wrists and legs have +Endurance and +Presence instead of Endurance/Mastery or Mastery/Endurance, but I suppose there's a sort of sense in it for new newbies. But in any event, it isn't empty. (Empty orange shells aren't empty either - they have a small amount of armor value, so they protect you better than being naked or wearing just starter gear.)

Yes, true, there is some stats, yet please note that Bolster in HM gives u mainly Endurance and Mastery, not crit or alacrity, which means your gear is still useless and basically empty. However, even with these odds I was able to heal the group and pass the HM fps, which is mostly not the case even for people with 220 gear.

Yes, unless you are doing NiM operations.

It's good idea to gear up for even tacticals because those stats do matter at level 65. Bolster doesn't give you alacrity. You can essentially save a run that would otherwise fail. For example as DD in SM ops you can easily cover up for level 56 DD and keep the group going forward at steady pace. I do love my crits on Bacta Infusion every time actual healer drops to very low hp. That thing is insane amount of healing for DD.

Edited by Halinalle

It's good idea to gear up for even tacticals because those stats do matter at level 65. Bolster doesn't give you alacrity. You can essentially save a run that would otherwise fail. For example as DD in SM ops you can easily cover up for level 56 DD and keep the group going forward at steady pace. I do love my crits on Bacta Infusion every time actual healer drops to very low hp. That thing is insane amount of healing for DD.

Can you please update your operation proggress in your signature? Or is there nothing ot update? :)

Can you please update your operation proggress in your signature? Or is there nothing ot update? :)

Can't get to any groups. TfB is supposedly too difficult for player who hasn't done it before. DP is "big jump in difficulty from DF", Ravagers and ToS are "too difficult for new player".

TfB / DP: they usually ask only if you know the tactics, if not they don't invite (OIX is also considered as "pug killer")

Ravagers / ToS: they only invite people with achievements

Edited by Halinalle

Can't get to any groups. TfB is supposedly too difficult for player who hasn't done it before. DP is "big jump in difficulty from DF", Ravagers and ToS are "too difficult for new player".

TfB / DP: they usually ask only if you know the tactics, if not they don't invite

Ravagers / ToS: they only invite people with achievements

What server are you on? I will get 2 more ppl and we can carry you through all 8M SM opses, then get a few more ppl and do all 16M SM opses.

What server are you on? I will get 2 more ppl and we can carry you through all 8M SM opses, then get a few more ppl and do all 16M SM opses.

Don't bother, at least 3 others have offered to take him and he ignored it. He just likes to complain and make up excuses why he can't do them.

Edited by rantboi

Don't bother, at least 3 others have offered to take him and he ignored it. He just likes to complain and make up excuses why he can't do them.

Ok. I will try to join first ToS group I see on fleet today. No achievements. I will check boss guides so I know at least a bit what I'm getting into. We shall see what happens...

Edited by Halinalle

Ok. I will try to join first ToS group I see on fleet today. No achievements. I will check boss guides so I know at least a bit what I'm getting into. We shall see what happens...

I would gladly invite you to our guild, but I don't think you (or anyone else) would enjoy playing with a bunch of annoying Hungarians. :D

Yes, unless you are doing NiM operations.

I admire your faith in the average pug player's ability to play well without at least content-recommended gear :)

I just hate wiping countless times on the first boss of BH HM or the last boss of BoR HM and finding that the dps and/or tank are almost always wearing sub-208 gear.

Just got out from SM ToS. I was on my Jugg tank because whatthehell gotta do something so might as well tank for pugs. First boss was OK, but on Walkers... When Unit 1 died Unit 2 was on 83%. One DPS left. Second pull 7man, ya'll can guess the outcome. Vipe. Apart from this, more than 1 dps was constantly behind me eating up Rapid fire and every stupid that can appear on main tank. On the 3rd pull we got a replacement and somehow we did it.

As for Lurker, people still can manage to die. No idea how. Probably ignoring Ragestorm.

Just got out from SM ToS. I was on my Jugg tank because whatthehell gotta do something so might as well tank for pugs. First boss was OK, but on Walkers... When Unit 1 died Unit 2 was on 83%. One DPS left. Second pull 7man, ya'll can guess the outcome. Vipe. Apart from this, more than 1 dps was constantly behind me eating up Rapid fire and every stupid that can appear on main tank. On the 3rd pull we got a replacement and somehow we did it.

As for Lurker, people still can manage to die. No idea how. Probably ignoring Ragestorm.

Well, since i've seen enrage on SM EV Annihilation Droid i always expect the worst pugs possible.

Probably best to put this here by myself so I don't have to read about how I was really weird one from someone else's report.

ToS SM

This whole run was a bit weird. As far as I know we only had one tank. Or at least that's what I understood from what leader said before we queued.

Malaphar: One shot

Walkers: Multiple wipes, lost count. Usually 4 drop after first wipe. First attempt was Unit 2 goes down when Unit 1 was still at 75%(?) and I was only dps on Unit 1 at the point. :o Maybe two dropped before we got our final team we used for rest of the run. When we got last replacement leader said that he thinks most of the dps is first timers. We finally defeated them.

Underlurker Two attempts. First was wipe because we just didn't kill boss when we were supposed to kill him. I got crushed by rocks multiple times (3?). At the end of second attempt only tank and one healer was alive and they killed the adds. Instead of waiting for revive I decided to go to area start and took teleport. After black screen I saw multiple flying creatures around me and I aggroed them. They evaded soon though. Scariest moment ever. :D

Revanite Commanders: One shot. Though way too chaotic for my liking.

Revan: One shot. Stairs boss got me though.

Funny thing about this was that leader, main tank (only tank?) started at 56 and ended up at 61 in the end.

Mandalorion Raiders TFP

I get in as replacement. So starting as strong already. Two Mercs are already fighting first boss when I get there. Both Arsenal. One at 40+ and other lower level. High level Merc used healing cylinder. They both refreshed the debuff on boss when it was about to fall off. This higher level merc also had Legendary symbol. I was about to comment on not using Tracer missile as filler at 40+ but I was on Marauder so wouldn't have gone well if said anything.

Edited by Halinalle

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought I'd brush up on my HM Flashpoint Healing after finishing KoTFE and Ops Healing.

Fully Augmented 216 Ops 5/7 Force Mystic set and 220 relics

Que popped quick for HM Red Reaper, saw a lvl 50 guardian DPS. I thought "Okay I can work with this" and there was a lvl 65 Sentinel.

So popped in say Hi, the first mob was easy though I was continuously being attacked by adds that weren't be peeled off me. It kinda pissed me off but I healed through it and didn't die so kept moving. The area after that with the crap ton of trash that can be skipped, Our lvl 50 leaped in and we wiped. Told Guardian that it can be skipped and kept it moving. Next part was the hallway of a million damn trash..you know the one.

Now this is were is gets bad. I told the Tank to lure the adds into the corner so we can AOE everything. This part was my mistake for assuming that the DPS knew what LoS meant because it ended in a wipe. Second time after I explained it we LoS we pulled. It went better until that second group of I think four Silver star adds start rapid firing at me and none of the DPS were peeling them off so we wipe:mad:. This contiued for about four rounds until the Sent bailed.

So we waited for the replacement I decided to check out the Guardian. She was wearing all CM armor with no mods and double digit rating mods and relics. My mind went blank at that point, asked the Guardian and she relayed that she forgot to put them in before she queued. :confused:

I wished the group the best of luck and left to be lazy on my Gunslinger lol :rak_01:

They should change it so that lvl 50s cannot que for HM flashpoints because unlike most of the SM Ops, they have no nerfed and if anything hurt more.

Edited by BlackbirdofSith

Battle of Ilum

I was on my PT, there was Darkness Assassin in Surging Charge (!?), Lightning Sorcerer and dps Merc.

Everything seems to be fine at first. No big issues. At one point I noticed that assassin used Force Pull. After killing the enemies I pointed out that Dark Charge would help a lot since assassin was only intentionally lowering their own damage and threat by using wrong Charge. Assassin starts shouting insults. Sorcerer says "can we keep killing these" or something like that. I don't say anything after that. From that point Sorcerer and Assassin were constantly at each others throats shouting insults and trying to determine who is better at this game. We finally get to to last boss fight. I interrupt first Force Explosion, next one doesn't get interrupted because I didn't even attempt to interrupt to see if anyone else knows what to do. Luckily nobody dies even though we had two characters below level 30.

After getting out of there I finish my class story quests on Hoth and switch to my Merc...

Cademimu:

My lvl65 Arsenal Merc, lvl65 Sorc heal, lvl65 Assassin dps who really was dps but queued as tank and lvl49 Marauder. We shouldn't have issues here. After all this is one of the easiest FPs.

After the short cutscene before last boss Marauder and Assassin charge right in and I barely get in before door closes. I wasn't watching who pulled but since Marauder refused to fight I'd assume it was Assassin. We wipe intentionally so healer can get in too. While running back Assassin and Marauder had very weird conversation going and Marauder said something about how "we all have (censored) gear" (Sorc and Assassin at 62-66k range, my Merc at 73k, don't remember Marauder's hp). I said I'm in full set bonus and mostly 216s. Marauder said that I should be doing (six+ star censored word here) ops and don't care about "tiny tacticals". I didn't say anything after that. We all get in last room this time and Assassin pulls the boss. I steal aggro at one point while Assassin and Marauder continued their conversation. Assassin refused to fight at one point. Fine we have enough dps to kill boss fast enough thanks to my set bonus.

First of all, nobody (players) can tell me what I can do or can't do in this game. If my gear meets requirements of content I'm allowed to do it. Nobody can say otherwise.

Was this just pure coincidence or could it be that exact same two players were in both groups? We'll never know.

Edited by Halinalle

Czerka Corporate Labs HM

Heals and dps all 65 and a level 55 shadow tank.

Right after the first pull in the entrance hall, the other dps gets all worked up about how the tank dares to list for a HM flashpoint with crappy level 52 mods. All attempts to explain bolster and that HM FPs are for level 50+ failed, so he quit the group, not without wishing us many wipes. Well, the wipes didn't happen; not even a single death. Replacement dps came instantly and we rushed through the FP without any issues.

There are FPs where you'd wish for a minmaxed level 65 team, but Czerka labs? Come on. And leaving the group just because you think there might be problems, as a dps who has to wait an hour for the next groupfinder pop? :rolleyes:

Edited by Mubrak

Czerka Corporate Labs HM

[...]

There are FPs where you'd wish for a minmaxed level 65 team, but Czerka labs? Come on. And leaving the group just because you think there might be problems, as a dps who has to wait an hour for the next groupfinder pop? :rolleyes:

That's one thing that really makes me go "Hmmmmmm..." IRL with this community:

(And I'm sorry, but in my experience, tanks are by far the most egregious/frequent offenders here, although you see all roles/types doing it.)

Had a wipe? RAEGQUIT!!!111oneone!

Had one death? RAEGQUIT!!!oneone!

Someone who is space-barring, but not quite inhumanly hyper-kinetically fast enough for you?

RAEGQUIT!!!!oneoneoene!

Someone actually says "hi" in chat at the beginning? RAEGQUIT!!!!oneoneone!!

Healer had a client/server-stutter and didn't heal you from 90% HP ---> full in 0.00...01 seconds on a trash-pull?

RAEGQUIT!!!!oneoneone!

I could go on. Believe me, I could go on.

Seriously, what is up with this, is "perseverance" a dirty word nowadays?

Czerka Corporate Labs HM

Right after the first pull in the entrance hall, the other dps gets all worked up about how the tank dares to list for a HM flashpoint with crappy level 52 mods. All attempts to explain bolster and that HM FPs are for level 50+ failed, so he quit the group, not without wishing us many wipes. Well, the wipes didn't happen; not even a single death. Replacement dps came instantly and we rushed through the FP without any issues.

Is Labs HM harder now compared to 3.0? If not then that doesn't make any sense. Also player skill > gear, character level.

Seriously, what is up with this, is "perseverance" a dirty word nowadays?

In ops it's mostly about "repair bills are too big, no money to wipe".

They obviously didn't play at launch if they think repairs cost too much.

I really don't get that. Yesterday I spent ~2,5 million on companion gifts. I did few heroics and one heroic SF = ~1 million after selling all the crap I looted.

Edited by Halinalle

uhm, it may sounds weird, but not that many people are keen on doing heroics every week just to get the money for others mistake in a content that's actually easy(most of the time).

Yesterday I spent over 200k on repairs with our raiding team as we are trying to get the new people into NiM content and on Thursday I expect even higher number as only wipes will tech them the right way(hopefully :D it tough me :D). I really don't expect paying 40k on every group finder thing(I can live with some bill for Manaan/Blood hunt stuff(and similar difficult things) but not on the easy things). Heroics are so boring.

Anyway, back to the topic. On MOnday guildmate and I met 2 gunslingers with brain in Manaan. THanks again, guys, it was a pleasure!

Over the weekend got Kaon HM. One of the dps was ACTUALLY a tank but queued as dps...many attempts were made to get the guy to switch cylinders or at least stop taunting off the tank that was a tank and queued as tank. After the big red rakghoul the derptank finally pipes up in chat on how easy this run is going :rolleyes: It's true we get through pretty easily, all things considered, but it could have been so much faster if he had listened to us.

Well, tempted fate and tried to get everyone to join me for Taral V HM, since it's the last pub FP I need for the event and it's been terrible trying to get a pop for it specifically. The real tank didn't stick around. The healer needed it too and the derptank wanted to do it as well. I said fine, but choose tank in GF so we get a faster pop. We get into Taral V instantly. The derptank proceeds to NOT tank. We're all skipping things normally but we wipe once at the first boss. On the way back, the derptank keeps pulling the mobs we are skipping. The healer gets fed up when he pulls two mobs (including that really strong mob en route to the first boss) and still won't taunt or do anything but attack single targets. She screams at him and drops instantly. The tank zones out back to fleet without a word and drops group. I queue the two of us remaining dps and we pull out our companions (I have a lvl 5 Jorgan on this toon!), set to tank and heals, and we complete the entire FP ourselves. Felt bad for the healer, if she'd have stuck around for us to kick the derptank she'd have got this done too. My lvl 5 Jorgan did his job 100x better :D