The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Not much weird stuff but even the little bit of this will amaze you.

KDY

Level 64 Arsenal Merc in Combustible Gas Cylinder

Level 40 Arsenal Merc in Combustible Gas Cylinder

First I started noticing 3 Heat signatures on champions. One was mine but if these two are IO... But sure enough I started seeing Priming Shot from level 64 Merc and Heatseeker Missile from both...

This has to be ultimate fail of the month.

Met a strange guy in rakata just now.

One of those rare times I do a HM fp since 4.0 (what with SM ops nerfed into a joke and dropping set bonus gear I have neglected fp's other than using the tacticals for levelling). I was on my guardian tank, full 216 6 piece set, all the gear was ops stuff because I instant 60'd the character and spammed gf ops until I had full 216.

Get into the instance, group is scoundrel healer, slinger dps and guardian dps. As we start I stick guard in the guardian as he is best geared. 2 pulls in I switch it to slinger as he has a habit of pulling before me with sweeping shots or blasters or whatever its called then throwing tantrums about aggro control, and how bad I am for letting him get aggro.

Get to first boss, I check people know it while the slinger pulls. I grab aggro, start tanking the rancor and...well you know the rest, that fight is hardly loaded with tank mechanics.

However the healer mechanics, namely cleanse, is not being done. We wipe and I ask the healer if they know what they are doing. Their reply leaves me speechless for a moment:

healer: "I have been playing since beta *link NiM KP achievement*, have you noticed my legendary player title?"

me: "theres a number of things wrong with that, listing them will take a while, do you know the cleanse?"

healer: "lol noob l2p, see that achievement?"

At this point I click the achievement which helpfully has the date and time it was achieved written on it. They had done NiM KP during 3.0. I happen to know (via a guild run we did of it) that back in 3.0 level 60's could faceroll NiM 50 ops. So I reply:

me: "your first problem is *links the same achievement*, your second is this is not KP, its rakata, your third is playing since beta means nothing, your 4th is LP means nothing I would know because I have it too, you may have noticed"

healer: "lol l2p noob"

Healer quit group and we requeued, waited for a new one and completed.

Seems people don't like it when I am not impressed by their attempts to show off what they can do. I don't care what they can do in other instances, if they don't follow mechanics for the one we are in then they should say so.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Not much weird stuff but even the little bit of this will amaze you.

KDY

Level 64 Arsenal Merc in Combustible Gas Cylinder

Level 40 Arsenal Merc in Combustible Gas Cylinder

First I started noticing 3 Heat signatures on champions. One was mine but if these two are IO... But sure enough I started seeing Priming Shot from level 64 Merc and Heatseeker Missile from both...

This has to be ultimate fail of the month.

Seen this quite a few times. Try to send a /w to them only to get "F you" as a response most of the time. Ok, buddy, play gimped if you like.

Seen this quite a few times. Try to send a /w to them only to get "F you" as a response most of the time. Ok, buddy, play gimped if you like.

I've seen it a lot too but never gotten a rude response when pointing it out. usually it's "oops" and switch to right cylinder or "what do you mean?"

Just had an interesting SNV last boss run. I was solo-tanking, and first off it seemed like one of our healers was doing more dps than healing (looking at my numbers afterwards they were definitely healing, but they were an operative and I did not see many kolto probes on me). Right off, one of the people dies to a trash mob at the start, then that person rezzes outside so we are down a dps for half the fight as they run back. But, we make it through to the very end until the dragon comes back alive. We manage to kill it, but I die due to getting far too many stacks and the healers couldn't keep up. This was basically the beginning of the end, as people basically start dropping like flies. Anyway, we wipe at about 20k health remaining on Styrack and come back, except for one single dps (the jug who had queued as tank). He basically starts throwing a hissy-fit, saying he won't come back until we figure out healing; I point out that in starparse I had more heals from the guy who it's being claimed wasn't healing, and then he flips out and rage quites (ignoring the fact of course that given he had a taunt, my dying was kinda his bad...). Anyway, we queue up, someone has a guildy come on his PT and we complete it with no issues (this pt was great, taunting at exactly the right times, we were passing the dragon between us at the end like nobodies business, as soon as stacks fell of the taunt went out). And I even got a dmc out of it!

Heh, I was in that group. I was amused by the operative (with a name that had "wontheal" in it) was insisting that the sorc wasn't healing when you could see the puddle on the ground and the purple lines in the air from his heals. And yes, the second run was very smooth.

I find the weirdest tank. All the healers out there can feel this. What I'm about to describe is horrifying, even shocking.

As a healer it is your job to heal everyone...but what do you do...when your Jugg tank in HM Hammerstation refuses to tank? :eek: What? It just so happens this tank, (I forget his name) was decked with 216 PvE gear, and he just refused to tank, would not aggro, would not even give me a guard. That's one problem, bad tanks that don't know how to tank. :mad: It baffles me to how you get to level 65 with 216 PvE gear do so bad at tanking? To the even more serious matter, was the maurader....the level 65 squishy maurader tank....This maurader kept charging in with squishy level 50 story class gear and was getting slaughtered so fast I couldn't even heal him. As a majority of you remember the part in Hammerstation with the two large droids a bit in the first instance? With the 4 mini battle droids? The entire team was slaughtered 7 times over, the tank refused to work with me, the maurader kept charging. The Tactical Flashpoint system is killing the ways tanks and dpses think. They are it just...*Brain Explosion*

I did point that out but not in /w though.

Response: nothing, they just kept going like nobody noticed anything weird.

"Legendary Player trying to help? Must be noob!"

Edited by Halinalle

I find the weirdest tank. All the healers out there can feel this. What I'm about to describe is horrifying, even shocking.

As a healer it is your job to heal everyone...but what do you do...when your Jugg tank in HM Hammerstation refuses to tank? :eek: What? It just so happens this tank, (I forget his name) was decked with 216 PvE gear, and he just refused to tank, would not aggro, would not even give me a guard. That's one problem, bad tanks that don't know how to tank. :mad: It baffles me to how you get to level 65 with 216 PvE gear do so bad at tanking? To the even more serious matter, was the maurader....the level 65 squishy maurader tank....This maurader kept charging in with squishy level 50 story class gear and was getting slaughtered so fast I couldn't even heal him. As a majority of you remember the part in Hammerstation with the two large droids a bit in the first instance? With the 4 mini battle droids? The entire team was slaughtered 7 times over, the tank refused to work with me, the maurader kept charging. The Tactical Flashpoint system is killing the ways tanks and dpses think. They are it just...*Brain Explosion*

That 3rd fight in Hammer Station (not counting the patrol droid in the hangar) is a good filter for non cooperative groups. What's funny is that I duo'd Hammer Station Tactical with 2 level 22 madness sorcs and level 6 companions. I duo Tactical and HM all the time with various combinations. It just takes cooperation and coordination. PUGs lack that. Half of the people I've PUG'd with in the last month and a half don't even know what CC means and break CC at the beginning of the fight.

DPS pulling before the tank and a healer asking for guard? If I was tanking I would be pissed off too.

I love doing guild runs now for Tacticals. Most of the guys in the guild are new and almost always have trouble in FPs through GF or even with other guildies. So when I take a few in with me I use my main healer. This way I get to tank, heal, and dps all at the same time. Every run is like a microcosm of this thread, with new sorc's spamming force storm, anyone with a conal knockback applying it on cooldown to groups that are in the beginning of an AOE stack, tunneling the big guys and leaving the small ones for me to mop up, Legendary Players with strange, ineffective "strategies" that almost never work. TFPs are far more interesting than the utter facerolls they were pre-4.0.

I wanted to do tactical for quick and easy xp. I queue on my assassin and Cademimu pops as soon as I click Queue.

Low level Marauder, level 60 Arsenal Merc in Combustible Gas Cylinder and level 65 Marauder.

We get to first boss after multiple wipes. Our first attempt didn't go well because high levels tried to kill droid first. And Merc was carbonized near the kolto station for very long time. I explained after that in tactical it's just quicker (I really wanted this run to end as soon as possible) to kill Xander because there's no enrage.

Things got a bit better after this and we kill second boss easily. We get to last boss and low level Mara and Merc die at some point. I die next because low level assassin dps isn't good at tanking this especially since I didn't have one of my defensive cooldowns on bars. :o

Before our next attempt Merc dies trying to solo strong enemy. That shouldn't be even a challenge for high level Arsenal Merc. I suggested he should change to correct gas cylinder (High Velocity) but he decided to go for Combat Support. I was like "wow, that's the new one". I never expected that to happen. We start the fight and low level Mara and Merc die again but I managed to rez Merc at one point and we killed the boss.

Edited by Halinalle

The Tactical Flashpoint system is killing the ways tanks and dpses think. They are it just...*Brain Explosion*

Ouch harsh! And not very true I am afraid:) As someone already said:

DPS pulling before the tank and a healer asking for guard? If I was tanking I would be pissed off too.

....tho I kinda understand the impatient MRD (but not his gear....even for a new player to HMs that's just big nono....) as we MRDs have so many little buffs (for lack of better word) ticking off that it's paintul watching when a tank take his/her time.

Assassin on Tactical False Emperor: I ask them if they have Mind Trap, describe the ability's use and what the button looks like, I get "I'm level 39, if that answers your question."

It did not.

Halfway through the flashpoint, I realize that they are using a regular lightsaber. I point out that they should be using a saberstaff, and the switch is made.

Then they proceed to Lacerate through the flashpoint. Nothing more. Not even using Stealth.

Last night, Tactical Cademimu. Two NOT leap-monkey Sentinels (!), a "tank" Guardian, and me on my Scoundrel DPS. I ask for Guard at the start since the Sents are twenty levels lower than me, "tank" goes "Why? xD Are you a healer?" and starts switching back and forth between Soresu and Shii-Cho for some undiscernible reason.

Then he goes AFK and tells us to keep going for a while. None of us can open the gate, so we proceed to the next section, where there is a group with two champion Drones and several Strongs. We're discussing CCs and kill order, when the tank comes back, says "lol let's just not worry about CCs" and leaps into combat. Helplessly, the Sentinels follow him. I watch him melt in 5 seconds and stealth out.

Me: "I hope you like your repair bill."

Him: "Why should I worry about my repair bill xD I have so many credits to cover it"

I initiate a vote to kick him, because it's so rare to have not one, but TWO Sentinels who know what they are doing and that their defense is like paper (they even mentioned that!) and I wasn't about to give up on them because of a problem child. He throws a tantrum, calls me immature (for... not leaping in without CCs, I take it?) and leaves. I pull out a companion and we run the rest of the FP without a single casualty. (Although Bowdaar did rush ahead on the diagonal lift section. I stopped and he just... kept going, in mid-air for a few seconds like cartoon physics were at play. "I die!" indeed, idiot Wookiee.)

In happier news, yesterday I also had a run of Tactical Red Reaper where people listened to advice and tactics and didn't jump in blindly! Those are always a pleasure.

Edited by KhirsahRoshah

Blood Hunt on my Assassin. We had one player with combat rez, no debuff. I died in last boss fight. Did I get combat rez? No.

Not really bad run but I've never had these before:

Blood Hunt on my Mercenary. Still with 190 mainhand but at least full set bonus from Commando.

Other members were Merc dps, Merc heals, Jugg tank.

Two of them talked about how they couldn't defeat first boss on their previous attempt. We faceroll first boss this time.

Mercs die in next boss fight but we finish it. I tried to combat rez healer but we had debuff. Jugg and healer dies at the last boss fight: Vizla vs two dps Mercs. Others didn't believe we could do it. Just before fight ended: "Doesn't seem like they need tank or healer there". That was epic.

Edited by Halinalle

Just out of curiousity, what do you guys mean by leap-monkey sentinels? :)

Cos my main is a sentinel and I don't want to be one :D

This describes sents/maradurrs that jump on everything in sight, no matter what. They don't respect kill order, ignore cc/break it etc.

Oh I see thanks, is it only sentinels? Cos almost always somebody breaks my disable droid :)

Sentinels and Marauders are particularly guilty of this, especially because their resources are dwindling while they wait for the group to prepare for the next fight (losing Focus or Rage). Although every DPS can cheerfully do something like this if they decide they are too bored to wait for the group. (Then I get too bored about, you know, having them in the group...)

If people are breaking your Slice Droid, warn them about it, use a target marker, etc. If they keep doing it deliberately, then they are jerks.

Basic rules of DPS: follow kill order (weak -> strong), don't stand in damage circles/cones/whatever, use your aggro dump if you rip aggro from tank (or after tank taunts), use your interrupt, don't break crowd control, use your defensive cooldowns, don't jump ahead of tank and don't chain-pull, peel mobs from healer. You'll be golden if you do that.

I had a super smooth Red Reaper run tonight. Then I grouped with one of the players, we switched factions, and ran it again through GF. My DPS Sin and two Operatives... and the lowbie Sorcerer who was in love with Force Storm and was allergic to red. No matter if things were CCd and the stealthed folks were following a path to skip groups, no, they needed to DIE WITH LIGHTNING.

Our patience with that ran thin pretty quickly. Ended up with a glorious stealth run of the FP and me dragging my lightning rod companion through Ikoral. Xalek had a, uhm... Ka-leash.

Edited by KhirsahRoshah

Oh I see thanks, is it only sentinels? Cos almost always somebody breaks my disable droid :)

...a lot of sentinels/marauders like to jump first into the fray - which is bad not only because they die fast (usually), but this can also lead to party wipe (especially if pug)...and well....sents/mrds have a reputation enough that if/when you meet a good one that is a pleasant surprise:)

...btw your CC might be disrupted by aoe or more likely by the tank him/herself (because their main aggro skill ignores CC and hit everything in a radius)....my advice is to ask the group if you/they should/want to mark mobs for CC if they do that often enough....

...a lot of sentinels/marauders like to jump first into the fray - which is bad not only because they die fast (usually), but this can also lead to party wipe (especially if pug)...and well....sents/mrds have a reputation enough that if/when you meet a good one that is a pleasant surprise:)

Aah, so mainly SW:ToR paladins :D

No kidding--good Sents/Maras are a godsend. I just came out of an Athiss run where we had a leap-monkey level 60-65 Mara. You can imagine the obvious result: Mara revived after dying to trash droids for stupid pull, Mara immediately jumps the researcher boss without healing, Mara melts in two seconds, Mara kicked.

The rest of the run was fine, even with a lowbie Sin who didn't have a perfect grasp on CCs. But why are there always these problem classes. ._.

Basic rules of DPS: follow kill order (weak -> strong), don't stand in damage circles/cones/whatever, use your aggro dump if you rip aggro from tank, don't break crowd control, use your defensive cooldowns, don't jump ahead of tank and don't chain-pull, peel mobs from healer. You'll be golden if you do that.

Yea, basically every MMO rules, just the consequences are more harsh here imo due to new tacticals, where 99% times you don't have trinitry group. :)

Back then when I played WoW:WotLK you could faceroll any heroic without using any dcd or cc. And here too pre 4.0 story modes, maybe people got used to that.

KDY, Starship Assembly:

Healer: "I know how to do this, but I like giving others a chance. Just don't guess. [DPS1], do you know how to do it?"

DPS1: *doesn't reply and guesses wrong*

Then DPS2 pulls the first pair of elites, after I've said that I'm a newbie tank that needs training and any group is great for learning.

After the fight, healer initiates a kick on DPS1. "Reason: idiot".

DPS1: "its games man"

DPS1: "*** moron noob"

DPS1: "wow *** fat american dump"

DPS2: "kicking him was completely uncalled for" *leaves*

I just... why would you be so rude to the person who is willing to let everyone learn this scenario and is your healer? Yes, it's just six elites and it's no biggie to kill them, but the healer clearly wanted the XP from getting it right, and they blew it for no reason.

We got two DPS replacements who actually did their job. (Including one who had been in a group where they were just bickering at one another, great atmosphere no doubt.) People still forgot about the support droids on the last boss, but that fight is super hectic and I can't really fault them for it.

Edited by KhirsahRoshah

Blood Hunt on my Assassin. We had one player with combat rez, no debuff. I died in last boss fight. Did I get combat rez? No.

Not really bad run but I've never had these before:

Blood Hunt on my Mercenary. Still with 190 mainhand but at least full set bonus from Commando.

Other members were Merc dps, Merc heals, Jugg tank.

Two of them talked about how they couldn't defeat first boss on their previous attempt. We faceroll first boss this time.

Mercs die in next boss fight but we finish it. I tried to combat rez healer but we had debuff. Jugg and healer dies at the last boss fight: Vizla vs two dps Mercs. Others didn't believe we could do it. Just before fight ended: "Doesn't seem like they need tank or healer there". That was epic.

I love it when players are so worried about the bosses coming up and they tell chat how they've never gotten through it or it's going to be super hard, etc...Since I mainly play tank/healer in group content, I can either control the mechanics and get the boss killed the right way, or simply heal through if it becomes a shambles. The poor guys are always so surprised that no one died and it was completed the first time without drama :cool: (It does help when they are brave enough to admit these things in chat ;) so I know I need to watch out for them or explain a tactic here and there)

A...somewhat weird experience in the false emperor FP just now:

So we begin and I say ''hi all'' as usual....which is met with silence so - 1 point for horrible run:)

First trash tank suddenly remember they could talk and ask for CC and then proceed to stay there and wait...so I begin typing my response that he have to jump first and I will time my CC otherwise all mobs will come and kill me (it is PUG so I don't feel like trusting random tank to aoe tank like a pro if I start the battle with CC)....which is good and all only the tank suddenly jumped and as I was in the middle of typing and the 2 dps were new (at least I hope they were...kill order - elite then strong and weaks ofcourse)...well....it went as well as expected...we died horribly and the tank quit without a word.

....at least he didn't say FU on the way out:D