The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

[...]

So I admit I'm something of an *** when people can't be bothered to play right, and I probably should have just left the group when I realized who the tank was or just ignored him and got in ts or whatever, but I really don't think we are the only ones at fault here, and I don't think joining a run that doesn't require voice and not choosing to enter voice is such a horrible thing.

Yay wall of text. Have loads more stories, I'll probably post a bunch more from all the way back to when 50 was level cap, and I was like a lot of the stupid weird people you meet in pugs, instead of the annoying oh so leet people.

Welcome in the club. I feel the same when ppl demand stuff off me... Requests, I can stand. Demands, no. :D

Also, funny thing for me is, I'm worse if I have TS. So much that it was the reason my Ops Team was unable to progress back when 50 was top lvl... I turned off TS, and things went smoothly. :rolleyes:

So yeah, that's mostly something that goes with ppl's sensitivity on the matter. You don't want ot use it? Fine by me, it's not necessary by any means. Especially in SM content. :cool:

Still, last time I and someone demand I join their TS, it was some time ago, on an Ops PuG run I was doing with a guildie of mine... At 60. On Eternity Vault. Seriously, you need TS for that, with a full team at lvl 60, and with proper gear?! Wow. :eek:

Of course I refused, and when the guy who had Leadership called me a n00b, I linked all my EV achievements. Good thing they added them, I admit. ;)

SM, HM, NiM, 8m, 16m, timed run... You name it. In the end, the others called him off that demanding. :D

And in the end the run was mostly fine, even though only me and another guy had ever been in there... Not the demanding one, though. Which incidentally was my favoured Extricate target, as he had a habit of standing in stupid. :p

So yeah, TS is all nice and good... If you're with ppl you know. Otherwise, GL focusing, at least for me. The game is doable even without it. If I was in your shoes in there, I'd have likely done the same. :D

A long time ago, back in 1.6 or 1.8 or something, I don't remember (bad star wars opening ramble is bad and derailed) I was leveling my Juggernaut after just coming back to the game. I used this new "group finder" thing and queued as a tank. I was in DPS spec, stance and gear. I had absolutely no idea how tanks were supposed to work in an MMO. I had only played one game where I had a tank or character with a taunt at all (Dragon Age Origins, Alistair. Thought it was stupid to have an ability that makes the enemy attack you (played only rogues and mages)). By this time I knew that the tank was supposed to run around the group of enemies, hit everything, and use those taunts to keep the healer alive. Which frankly, is a lot better than the dumb tunnel visioning tanks we all so know and love.

But still, I was that idiot.

Anyway it was Foundry, and I had never done it before. We didn't have any problems (and no one mentioned MY problems) until we wiped on Hk. At that point the healer asked me to switch to soresu to make it easier on them. I initially thought it was silly to reduce my damage but read the tool tip and decided that it was a good idea. I wish now I had talked to that healer more, they were good. Anyway, made it through the rest of it, and I didn't do many flashpoint for a while as anything other than DPS on my 50 sorc. That was the point I was actually aware that just queuing for a roll didn't make me that roll. So yes people, some of those idiots and bads are actually trainable. And some just... Aren't.

Probably shut up for a bit, don't want this to become the backlog of the hundreds of flashpoint and ops I've done, some where I was the weirdo haha.

So yeah, TS is all nice and good... If you're with ppl you know. Otherwise, GL focusing, at least for me. The game is doable even without it. If I was in your shoes in there, I'd have likely done the same. :D

The game* is doable even without it. * meaning ops that are SM or so old you can ignore mechanics. Just to be clear.

Anyway it was Foundry, and I had never done it before. We didn't have any problems (and no one mentioned MY problems) until we wiped on Hk. At that point the healer asked me to switch to soresu to make it easier on them. I initially thought it was silly to reduce my damage but read the tool tip and decided that it was a good idea. I wish now I had talked to that healer more, they were good. Anyway, made it through the rest of it, and I didn't do many flashpoint for a while as anything other than DPS on my 50 sorc. That was the point I was actually aware that just queuing for a roll didn't make me that roll. So yes people, some of those idiots and bads are actually trainable. And some just... Aren't.

That reminds me of a nice experience I had last month where a tank was very squishy but at least "acting" like a tank. As the healer I was able to keep him up for most of it, but we hit a part where he just couldn't stay up. I only check people's gear/hp/stances when things go sideways, so I checked and sure enough he was in his DPS stance. He asked why he was dying and all I added into chat was "try switching to your tank stance". He did and the rest of the FP he never dropped below 75% and it was night and day to how effective he was for the group.

The game* is doable even without it. * meaning ops that are SM or so old you can ignore mechanics. Just to be clear.

I've ran EV when it was relatively new, and without TS. Same with KP. And EC. Without particular trouble, and with gear on the level. All I had to do was research mechanics beforehands. :rolleyes:

So yeah, TS is not necessary. Sure it helps in some cases, but if you know what you're doing, you can go without it and be fine. Seriously, should I always join a new TS anytime I PuG something? Because at that point it becomes a chore, not a game. :D

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

I've ran EV when it was relatively new, and without TS. Same with KP. And EC. Without particular trouble, and with gear on the level. All I had to do was research mechanics beforehands. :rolleyes:

So yeah, TS is not necessary. Sure it helps in some cases, but if you know what you're doing, you can go without it and be fine. Seriously, should I always join a new TS anytime I PuG something? Because at that point it becomes a chore, not a game. :D

We just have to distinguish something here. TS itself is not bad. TS is a helpful communication tool. If you particularly are somehow distracted because of it, that's not a fault of TS.

And you're probably speaking of doing level 50 SM ops on tier, and as I said, voice isn't necessarily required to beat those. Once you start doing HM/NiM level, it's another story entirely, and I would say that not having TS would hinder your group.

I can't speak to those ops because I never did those on tier, and they've always been a cakewalk. But try doing hm rav/tos or even nim dread ops without voice. It would be rather difficult. For groups that consistently clear HM rav/tos and know what they are doing, TS is still used.

Edited by BigBreakfast

We just have to distinguish something here. TS itself is not bad. TS is a helpful communication tool. If you particularly are somehow distracted because of it, that's not a fault of TS.

And you're probably speaking of doing level 50 SM ops on tier, and as I said, voice isn't necessarily required to beat those. Once you start doing HM/NiM level, it's another story entirely, and I would say that not having TS would hinder your group.

I can't speak to those ops because I never did those on tier, and they've always been a cakewalk. But try doing hm rav/tos or even nim dread ops without voice. It would be rather difficult. For groups that consistently clear HM rav/tos and know what they are doing, TS is still used.

I'm not saying TS bad... I'm just saying it's not necessary for SM Ops in general. :D

As I said, if every time I decided to PuG something I had to also join TS, it'd be a chore. ;)

Download the preferred program if you don't have it, configure it, connect to the proper server, join the channel... It's not like it takes 3 secs. For a raiding team that always raids together, sure, I can say it's good and perfectly acceptable to have TS, and to use it all the time. :)

But if you PuG... I don't know, I feel it's pointless to have that PuG join TS in the first place. :p

Also, yes. As I said, that's my personal limit. I didn't mean to say it's the norm, though, and if it felt like that, I will repeat it now: it was my personal limitation I was mentioning there. Nothing else. :o

I ran all lvl 50 Ops as part of a progress group. So, SM at first, then progressing to HM and finally into NiM. This was ages ago though, back before Achievement were a thing and there was nothing but the gear you had to proove it, sadly... But I did it.

Unfortunately, given the fact I don't have the time to invest to join a progress raid team now, as I haven't for some time, I've never been able to go beyond that as progress... Although I ran all Ops at the very least once in SM, save for ToS. Others depend, I've got a boss here and there as HM. ;)

Still, with 65 becoming a thing, I'd say you really have to try those ol'Ops on the level. Any Op past those, I've found far less entertaining, myself. :cool:

I'm not saying TS bad... I'm just saying it's not necessary for SM Ops in general. :D

As I said, if every time I decided to PuG something I had to also join TS, it'd be a chore. ;)

Download the preferred program if you don't have it, configure it, connect to the proper server, join the channel... It's not like it takes 3 secs. For a raiding team that always raids together, sure, I can say it's good and perfectly acceptable to have TS, and to use it all the time. :)

But if you PuG... I don't know, I feel it's pointless to have that PuG join TS in the first place. :p

Also, yes. As I said, that's my personal limit. I didn't mean to say it's the norm, though, and if it felt like that, I will repeat it now: it was my personal limitation I was mentioning there. Nothing else. :o

I ran all lvl 50 Ops as part of a progress group. So, SM at first, then progressing to HM and finally into NiM. This was ages ago though, back before Achievement were a thing and there was nothing but the gear you had to proove it, sadly... But I did it.

Unfortunately, given the fact I don't have the time to invest to join a progress raid team now, as I haven't for some time, I've never been able to go beyond that as progress... Although I ran all Ops at the very least once in SM, save for ToS. Others depend, I've got a boss here and there as HM. ;)

Still, with 65 becoming a thing, I'd say you really have to try those ol'Ops on the level. Any Op past those, I've found far less entertaining, myself. :cool:

But i guess if Bioware would integrate some sort of voice chat for the Op's group - it would be nice, don't you think?

Hell, even FP would have better group perfomance if we have such thing as built-in voice chat.

But i guess if Bioware would integrate some sort of voice chat for the Op's group - it would be nice, don't you think?

Hell, even FP would have better group perfomance if we have such thing as built-in voice chat.

Sure, why not? I wouldn't use it myself, as I said I have a bit of trouble focusing when I have to listen to what other ppl say, but all the best for others I guess. :)

So, I think I'm cursed. The past 6 or 8 times I've queued for a 60 HM FP, it's been Legacy of the Rakata with a bad tank, one good DPS and one okay DPS, and a good healer. (Once I was the good DPS, the rest of the time I've been stuck being the good healer.) Are there a bunch of derps out there queueing only for Rakata Prime because it's the easiest? Or do I just have really weird luck?

I would support this 100%, and I don't even have a microphone right now.

I think it would have to be an experienced player's joke, no-one who's doing Cademimu for the first time would think to do that.

Incidentally, does it work the same way in SM as it does HM?

Attack Xander, back off when the droid becomes active, trap droid, take droid out, then finish off Xander?

That was how I did a Cademimu HM with two other players, and we did get defeated (honestly, would peeps stop saying we die? if our chars died, we would never be able to log on them again) twice I think.

Edited by sentientomega

I think it would have to be an experienced player's joke, no-one who's doing Cademimu for the first time would think to do that.

Incidentally, does it work the same way in SM as it does HM?

Attack Xander, back off when the droid becomes active, trap droid, take droid out, then finish off Xander?

That was how I did a Cademimu HM with two other players, and we did get defeated (honestly, would peeps stop saying we die? if our chars died, we would never be able to log on them again) twice I think.

The only diference in Cademimu between SM and HM is that you can pretty much just down Xander after you trap the droid in SM, as it'll die after its handler is down. In HM it'll enrage instead, which is bad. ;)

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

...honestly, would peeps stop saying we die? if our chars died, we would never be able to log on them again.

If you are playing a force user you can think of it as the force telling you what not to do:)

My....hmm....a bit of a whine really (so I am not sure if here's the place but...) - pugged for ''the red reaper'' FP as a healer (storymode) and it started..well pretty good to be honest. I said ''hi'' and all the party returned the greeting - a win in my book when using GF:)

The problem came when the tank jumped and begin tanking....and ofcourse tunnel visioned on one mob so after my first heal the rest of the mobs decided to kill me and not the tank. Sadly all par for the course for partying with random people. My previous pug at the same (3 levels earlier funny enough) was similar, but maybe the 2 DPS there knew their classes or something as it was close at times but we did the FP with no deaths. But back to the nice second one - the ''***'' moment comes when the tank stop and demand to know why I don't heal. To which I proceed to explain that I am healer and sadly healing and tanking at the same time is not my job.....he then said some bad words in my direction and proceed to rege quit the FP:)

.....sadly followed by the two DPS...one of which tried to vote kick me so that was fine by me....but the other one (that was silent the whole time...and there's a chance she didn't vote for my exile?) did exit area too so the FP failed:(

...and now I am feeling better (after this post) so ''good work'' to whoever created the thread:D

Begeren Colony. I started playing a dark side Consular who's the nemesis of my light side Assassin(who's actually a placeholder for my Shadow on Ebon Hawk who defected...its a long story and irrelevant to the thread). So I'm trying to milk the Esseles as best I can for alignment points. So I get a pop, Commando and I healing, a Guardian tank, and a Shadow tank.

It's going pretty well. No wipes, we're all ~14 so we're kinda mowing through stuff. We get to the big droid that you fight after shutting down power conduits or whatever it's called. He drops the Esseles Trooper's boots. The Guardian "needs" and wins the roll.

Then we get to the other big droid, who drops a power generator for Commandos. Again, Guardian needs on it and wins the roll. Now both the Shadow and I are yelling at him that those are the wrong stats for him. And of course the Commando is very upset as well because who knows if she'll get those if she runs it again.

The Guardian's excuse? "I want to sell 4 creds."

I don't know if he doesn't realize all loot is BOP, and you can only trade it to group members for a few hours. Or if he thinks selling it to a vendor will make him serious cash(it won't).

Either way the Shadow puts up a vote kick, which goes through. Guardian asks why, Shadow quotes his stupid excuse.

On a side note, I never did see him use "Warding Strike". So I don't know if he was really a tank or not.

If you are playing a force user you can think of it as the force telling you what not to do:)

Lol, well, I did think of logging on as a force ghost. :p

But, seriously, when you fall in combat it doesn't say, "You have been killed", it says "You have been defeated", on a red background, with the revival options underneath.

The only diference in Cademimu between SM and HM is that you can pretty much just down Xander after you trap the droid in SM, as it'll die after its handler is down. In HM it'll enrage instead, which is bad. ;)

I know, that's what happened to us. :p

It says about 200% in dmg, though it felt more like 10x that.

Edited by sentientomega

Once again, screwed in a PuG because of a tank. Temple of Sacrifice (SM) if it matters, but that's hardly relevant.

This piece of crud dropped right in the middle of a trash fight on the way to the walkers without so much as a "**** you, I'm outta here." This done after he'd run ahead to chain pull all the trash packs between the first boss and the walkers.

Ops-leader re-queues us, but we all know the result of this when a tank drops. Apparently, many in the rest of the group knew this too, as they quickly started dropping one by one until I was, for the umpteenth time, the last person left in the instance.

I'm also fairly sure that saying what I really thought of most PuG-tanks I've met in the last few months probably got me added to an /ignore list or three --if not reported outright-- but what the **** ever, man, enough is bloody well enough.

As ever, thanks for nothing, utter **** worthless SWTOR PuG-community, you all *********** make me want to puke.

Edited by midianlord

...imo the problem is that most people in PUG don't really try to help the healer or tank to keep them alive with using medpacs (if below 30%hp) or their long cd defense abilities. I just pugged ''the red reaper'' with awesome tank...and me saying that is sad because he wasn't the best tank I have seen (I had to tank quite a bit:) ), but when the tank was about to die he used a medpac giving my heal the second it needed to finish (the dps next to him didn't and died:)) ).

Once again, screwed in a PuG because of a tank. Temple of Sacrifice (SM) if it matters, but that's hardly relevant.

This piece of crud dropped right in the middle of a trash fight on the way to the walkers without so much as a "**** you, I'm outta here." This done after he'd run ahead to chain pull all the trash packs between the first boss and the walkers.

Ops-leader re-queues us, but we all know the result of this when a tank drops. Apparently, many in the rest of the group knew this too, as they quickly started dropping one by one until I was, for the umpteenth time, the last person left in the instance.

I'm also fairly sure that saying what I really thought of most PuG-tanks I've met in the last few months probably got me added to an /ignore list or three --if not reported outright-- but what the **** ever, man, enough is bloody well enough.

As ever, thanks for nothing, utter **** worthless SWTOR PuG-community, you all *********** make me want to puke.

As someone who PuGs all the time, I have to say the level of PuGs has become utterly troublesome for everyone who dares to run group content at all, ever since 12Exp first came around. Now it's just at its highest. Or should I say lowest? :p

Anyway, I saw a call for a ToS yesterday as I was moving on fleet with my low lvl Op, and the guy calling for it was close to my position. So, I inspected him, because why not... I was really willing to give it a chance, if the guy showed at least basic understanding of his class. :rolleyes:

So glad I didn't relog and answer the call! Not only his gear was all around the place (Absorb, Alacrity, Willpower and Strength on an Op... And with no Cunning, no Accuracy, and absolutely no Power. How do you even...? :confused:), but the rating was utterly riddiculous - something along 100. Which unless I'm mistaken is around lvl 40? For a lvl 60 Op? Really? I don't know if that run actually happened, but... Wow! :eek:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Well... its... its me again....

This time its HM Mandalorian Raiders. So again, have I been waiting a long time for a FP to pop, any of them, and im usually quite reluctant to kick people... but this guy... this guy pushed my limits. So here it was, 2 commandos, one DPS, me of course, and a healer, both capped at 55, with a 59 vanguard DPS, and a 55 guardian DPS tank. Yep... a guardian DPS tank, I didn't declare that name for him, he did. So we walk in, me and other DPS clear the 3 standard mobs from the elevator, healer comes in right after. So here we are... goofing off with our emotes and such, looking at each other seeing whose going to be blamed for pulling if we wipe.. so I do it. We clear each and every mob no problem till we get to the med bay with the big mob, the one with 3 strong dogs coming out of the elevator. After clearing 6 mobs, waiting another 5 mins, the guardian DPS tank finally comes in. We jump in, first I die, then the other DPS die, tank left mostly in tact along with the healer. I lagged hard during that specific moment, but come on, why does BOTH DPS die, and the tank is alive, no matter if the heals focused on him or not. So we shame the tank, I make a small remark and the conversation follows -

Me- whose the tank anyway

other DPS - good question

tank- im a DPS tank

So that's how he got the name, a name of which he proudly stands by.

Me- PLEASE, NEVER queue for a role your not

(no response)

Yep... that's... that's how it starts. So we move onto the next mob of strong, and yep, me and the heals die again. No comment.. just a small groan and no keyboards smashed.....nothing of that sort. We get to the mob right before Braxx or whatever his name is and his bloodhounds. A lot of strong there you know, but they group easily, should be no problem with a tank. NOPE, both DPS, and the healer somehow get a split between the enemies, the tank DPS doesn't get a single enemy on him. So we all die besides the tank... 7 deaths before the first boss is always a nice way to start a FP. We shame the tank, the tank doesn't respond. I mark a bloodhound, and while doing that, I wonder how else can this tank have a negative affect on this FP. My standard was quite low, and I mean LOW, but he found a way to top it. How can you be worse than a DPS who queues as a tank, doesn't maintain aggro, has tank gear yet uses a DPS discipline, and doesn't load in till 10 mins later of the FP....? YOU DONT ATTACK THE ENEMY. All out chaos ensued, as countless times all 3 of us troopers had to run around the room, fortunately me and the other DPS knew our role and focused on the same target. I don't know how we did it... but after being chased around the room for a entire 3 mins, endless off heals thrown, endless close calls on 5% health or less down, we took down the boss. We all shamed the tank, no response. So we work our way to the turrets right before the tram. After serious shaming on the tank, he must of took it to heart or something, and let us die purposely. Me and the other DPS try our best, but we only manage to get one turret down, and the other down to 35%. I cowardly went behind the wall, not knowing that the turret CAN SHOOT THROUGH THE WALL IGNORING ALL LOS. So we all wipe besides the idiotic tank once again. Tank has another brain fart and doesn't jump on the tram with us, and he was standing literally right next to us and had plenty of time to jump on. Instead of waiting we all go on ahead and clear the way until we get through that next set of turrets where you can slice your way around. DPS tries to do the same trick that worked in SM, beaming right through the middle and got aggro. Needless to say we didn't last long, I was the first dead, but at least we downed everything. I don't know what went on, but we cleared the turrets and something else killed whoever was left. So here we are, all wiped, cleared several mobs ahead, and the TANK IS STILL AT THE TRAM. He wasn't AFK or anything, as he was still moving around, so we jump on the tram, this time he gets on.. barely... barely enough so he glitches off. I make a small remark.... saying he needs to work on his datacrons... and we could use a slicer. Turns out HE IS A SLICER!!!! If he kept up, he could of avoided this entire fiasco. So we go to the part with the elevators... DPS gets restless and jumps ahead, we laugh, I rez. The tank wants to do the same, so he does, right into the mobs of enemies, but he is late, and I presume the other DPS was still up there trying to get his health back. The healer and I are already descending... so the time we get back up, both are dead, chalking up another death on his fault. We rez, the tank decides once all the mobs are gone, to finally respawn. So yeah.... we then get to the bridge, dance around, wait for the tank, and then engage with the 2 elite droid where adds are summoned. Yep, so instead of attacking the one were closest to and need to kill to bypass, he attacks the other elite droid causing yet again, ANOTHER WIPE. Honestly by this time im surprised no one left. I kind of feel bad for the healer here, as he says he is a bad one, when in reality, its really the tanks fault. I reassure him without putting down the tank, by reminding him how we would of never defeated Braxx without his heals, and in truth, he was a good healer. The tank once again derps on the tram, so were far ahead. Luckily we killed the droid in the way, so we can get through without aggro on the bridge once more. We sneak by the turrets... sneak is a big word as really we just go left, and wait for the boarding party. Tank finally arrives and trips the turrets somehow, and once again, just stands around doing nothing, causing the healer to die. Healers equipment breaks... did I mention the healer is a Commando and uses heavy armor so he has 120 durability rating? So we do the boarding party, another disaster, tank barely does anything and just stands there. We get through luckily with great heals and DPS. I admitably felt kind of bad for the tank, thinking he was a bit physically impaired or had trouble with something... up to this point. A DPS STR equipment of something drops, tank needs and I give him a explanation of the standard need/greed rule. The tank says he could need anyway since we all use aim, even though he was in 172 mods and the drop was 148, and it was for DPS, not for tank. After the explanation all hope of me feeling pity for him turns into a dislike, as he makes a metaphor of a explicit 18+ of a activity adults do to my need/greed rules. Everyone then bashes the tank for that stupid remark calling him stupid/immature. He then goes on to say I like to hear myself talk when I was further attempting to explain the need/greed rules. I kind of wanted support from the other 2 group members, something reassuring to back me up, they don't, and while they aren't the problem, as they played there roles well, I could of used there support. Instead the other DPS says he needs to do a raid soon, as the entire time I was explaining this, the tank was holding us hostage for the conversation about the engineers to flush them out or not. After a few minutes later after nothing said, the tank finally starts the convo. Nothing happens till Gil comes along. I say don't try him, but the others do.... Yeah... we wipe but the healer, Gil still at 4/5 of his health. Tank zones out while we get rezzed. So here we are at matrix Varid, explaining the tactics, but nope, tank jumps right in. Luckily me and the DPS knows what to do, but it doesn't matter, we wipe. This tank then decides to go to fleet for whatever reason, doesn't leave group probably because of how many IQ points he lacks. So someone who CAUSED ALMOST EVERY SINGLE WIPE, A TOTAL OF 20+ deaths, FOUGHT OUR WAY THROUGH THE ENTIRE FP TO THE LAST BOSS, AND THEN QUITS AFTER ONE ATTEMPT. Yeah that got on my nerves. So we wait 15 mins, try a run twice with a comp, it doesn't go well. We say our compliments, I asked if I was being a elitist throughout the FP, they said I was fine, and we all gave our blessing and went on.

TLDR: I cant even sum this up because of how stupid this tank was.

I was in HM Cademimu (run went smoothly, nobody ever came close to dying, thanks for asking) and I nearly killed the Sentinel by punting a mob off the edge as he leapt to it. Luckily for him, he hit just before my Concussion Charge did.

Been a while since that happened; I miss the old content full of opportunities for physics kills. T_T

Definitely looking forward to stuff being upscaled for 4.0 so the old stuff is current again.

I'm glad I got into SWTOR right before SOR so I know of the struggle the game was. My first character was a Mara and in KDY is was hell with that character. I was that bad player that leapt to everything with a pulse I didn't know of the boss mechanics so I was the one getting melted standing in the death beam, not running to get degaussed, and standing in all the Jedi stupid.

Honestly it made me a better player when 3.0 rolled out I made two bounty hunters. The first was a AP PT so ran circles around all the bosses in KDY I knew to avoid all the BS. Got my 200k to buy the field respec switch to Pyro loved the hell of out it since then that was before the nerfs rolled in :mad: Finally at 52 I switched to Shield Tech I mainly did so was the help low level players just trying to play so I take the hits so they don't. Worked out perfect I didn't need to deal with DPS Sith leaping since I was on it. Overall it made all runs much better.

When I made my Merc it was during that 2x FP xp weekend so it was all KDY took my IO Merc from 15-56 during that event. At first it was bad, players not knowing anything about KDY ( let alone their classes ) to the end of that weekend we were clearing it in 10mins. Since everybody was helping and people learned their roles in a crash course of sorts. Sith that was DPS stopped leaping unless they were the no tanks. Healers healed and Tanks stopped being in the wrong stance in a DPS spec. I saw the progression of bad players into effective ones that were helpful in groups.

Last winter my girlfriend wanted to learn how to tank on her lowbie assassin and wanted me to teach her how to tank on a sin, which I do a lot. So I make a new operative healer, we do the first few planets together and run Esseles* with just the two of us so she gets a basic idea. When we were both around level 23 or something, we queued for Athiss.

The sin DPS was annoying, frequently pulling before her, but the merc stayed behind with me and she held threat on most things, not everything, but I wasn't getting shot much, and she was still learning so it wasn't an issue.

He did keep trying to tell her how to do her rotation and that she wasn't doing it right and that the healer (me) was carrying the group (she was basically using discharge on cooldown, and shock on cooldown. At that level you can't do much else and discharge is great for aoe aggro). I explained that she would be doing better if he didn't keep pulling, he shut up for a bit.

We get past the beast and in the room where the bonus boss is the son DPS had a meltdown for us killing the Sith mobs instead of stealthily our way through. He called her weird, threatened to kick her and she got so upset she left. I then proceeded to tell him how stupid he was, the merc also ganged up and they said how they could do it without a tank and healer (duh, it's Athiss SM). I proceeded to let them die to some mobs they pulled (what happened to sneaking?) they raged at me for letting them die and being a bad healer, decided they would kick me too, and I ignored them both and left the group.

She was holding boss aggro, keeping most adds on her, but because he took any damage at all, she was a terrible tank. The healer was obviousy carrying her (it's so hard to keep stacks of kolto probes up on three people, no one was taking much damage), and she was weird.

She has been put off of tanking ever since then. :(

*Esseles, Black Talon, whatever

Edited by VerpineVSN
Mistype

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.