The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Next time you'll probably get kicked for being hetero!

But for real that sucks :( Sorry that happened to you, what a dick move. Definitely hope you reported them.

Reason for votekick: Too straight!

Reason for votekick: Not straight enough!

Sometimes, some PUGs, ya just cannot win.

But to be serious, that is just so messed up.

Reason for votekick: Too straight!

Reason for votekick: Not straight enough!

Sometimes, some PUGs, ya just cannot win.

But to be serious, that is just so messed up.

Well, i think soon we will see another reason for kick - Not PUG'ly enough for a PUG ;)

I got kicked for not being heterosexual :/ The topic came up and i said the truth about myself, and bam i got vote kicked :/ Next time i'll just lie.

Well in fairness would you want to group with those people? Personally I'd rather not associate with close-minded bigots.

Well in fairness would you want to group with those people? Personally I'd rather not associate with close-minded bigots.

A good thing their prejudices got discovered. Now they can be put on ignore and queueing will be harder for them. Only incrementially perhaps, but hopefully it snowball.

Thank you guys for the support about me getting kicked for not being hetrosexual. No, i didnt report them, just slapped them on my ignore list. Life is rough, gotta adapt to survive ;) Edited by Terimac

I got kicked for not being heterosexual :/ The topic came up and i said the truth about myself, and bam i got vote kicked :/ Next time i'll just lie.

Wait, the last time I checked dudes love to ERP as lesbians in bondage play...and now they are homophobes? Life is just full of hypocrisies.

Wait, the last time I checked dudes love to ERP as lesbians in bondage play...and now they are homophobes? Life is just full of hypocrisies.

To be fair, probably not the same group of people.

But yeah, even I will recognize that as a [REDACTED] move. And if I ever see someone pull that on someone else in a group I'm in, I promise to leave and put the offenders on /ignore.

Had an unpleasant encounter with a derptinel today. SM Mando Raiders, I'm tanking on my new vanguard (Lieutenant She'pard, as I like to call her). Nothing particularly special, but the sentinel is true to his class and creed and pulls ahead of me 70% of the time until I threaten to let him facetank the next pull. He also stays on the final boss except of attacking the turrets, after I had briefly explained tactics at the beginning ... leaving us in the amusing situation of a DPS staying on the boss while the other DPS and tank killed the adds.

That said, most of the mistakes in the run where my fault. It's quite challenging to learn to play a new AC when you're levelling almost exclusively through class missions. That, together with clipping issues during the boarding party boss, and me playing on my awful laptop in the library caused me to accidentally pull two or three groups one normally avoids ...

Edited by DogeDandolo

That said, most of the mistakes in the run where my fault. It's quite challenging to learn to play a new AC when you're levelling almost exclusively through class missions. That, together with clipping issues during the boarding party boss, and me playing on my awful laptop in the library caused me to accidentally pull two or three groups one normally avoids ...

I struggled with vang tanking to start with. However once you get high up the tree and read what each skill in the tree does it pretty much spells out a rotation to you (unlike the jugg where there doesn't seem to be a clear rotation). Then its just a matter of watching procs and switching targets, in that sense like a sin/shadow except a few of your abilities are 10m making things a billion times easier than sin/shadow.

Edited by BobFredJohn

I struggled with vang tanking to start with. However once you get high up the tree and read what each skill in the tree does it pretty much spells out a rotation to you (unlike the jugg where there doesn't seem to be a clear rotation). Then its just a matter of watching procs and switching targets, in that sense like a sin/shadow except a few of your abilities are 10m making things a billion times easier than sin/shadow.

4 out of 5 of the main abilities in the Sin/Shadow tank rotation are 10 meters (Wither, Discharge, Shock, and Force Lightning), so that comparison doesn't really lend any weight to your point. Not to mention, the range of Discharge and Wither could actually be considered greater than 10 meters because they are AoE effects that branch out further from your current target.

Thank you guys for the support about me getting kicked for not being hetrosexual. No, i didnt report them, just slapped them on my ignore list. Life is rough, gotta adapt to survive ;)

we are on the same server, my chars are in my signature, feel free to add me and ask if you need some help

4 out of 5 of the main abilities in the Sin/Shadow tank rotation are 10 meters (Wither, Discharge, Shock, and Force Lightning), so that comparison doesn't really lend any weight to your point. Not to mention, the range of Discharge and Wither could actually be considered greater than 10 meters because they are AoE effects that branch out further from your current target.

yeah but the sin's 10m abilities all have cd's, the main filler in vang rotation is 10m with no cd. Plus theres the constant 30% speed boost, the ability to use sticky grenade and high impact bolt to take 1 standard enemy out the fight (or at least generate so much aggro it doesn't matter if the dps ignore it.

Ok so its that guy again..

Yes I am that guy... I finally got called out. YEA to whoever did it too.

For some reason I thought Need was a default, like, Yea I need it. Greed was I am going to be greedy and take it.

Turns out that Need has a higher priority.. OOPS my bad..

Someone was so like Why did you merc need on that? I was so confused because I knew I didn't want it.

I could hear the laughter from across the world.

Yes that's me that guy.. the guy all of these funny stories are about.. LOL..

See you in the FPs.

Ran HM Taral V on my Commando. I was Gunnery (55, 39k HP), the other DPS was a Focus Sentinel (50, 12k HP), the healer was a Scoundrel (50, 21k HP), and the tank was a Guardian (55, 27k HP). We did a full run with no real trouble, but a few things happened.

The Scoundrel was pretty pro. Faceroll healing for the most part, off-DPSed like a champ, knew the fights. Nothing too unusual.

The Sentinel was clearly new to endgame. He Needed on everything (though changed his ways after I whispered him to tell him about Need/Greed etiquette), he was wearing a lot of Cunning (he said he had that gear on for the appearance) with some Strength and one or two Willpower pieces, and he pulled ahead of the tank here and there until the healer told him to stop or he'd probably die. He got a good Black Hole chestpiece out of the run, and I think he did learn some useful things.

The tank, oh boy, the tank was odd. He said he mostly PvPed and was trying to get some PvE gear...but at the first miniboss (Handler Gattan) he tunnelvisioned one of the cats and let the boss gank the healer. I had to flex my Gunnery muscles and pick up the other cat, share tanking duties on the boss, and off-heal through the rest of the fight. (Gunnery too stronk.) He did a decent job on the other bosses though, and that was the only death in the whole run.

The really odd thing was his use of guard. He kept swapping rapidly between me and the healer (and sometimes even the Sentinel), even during fights. During a cutscene I asked him why he kept moving Guard around and he said he was protecting his team, like in PvP. I was like "oh, I don't PvP much. is the idea that the enemy team can't be sure who to focus because Guard keeps moving?" and he was like "no, it just protects the team" and I was like "well, it protects ONE of the team" and he was like "not in PvP, it protects the whole team". I didn't even TOUCH that one. Not going to argue with a PvP tank who thinks that by swapping Guard around rapidly he can keep its effects on all his teammates. Ah well, I got a deco and conquest points out of it.

In pvp tanks switch guard to whomever is getting focused thus hopefully allowing them to be healed through it, 50% of damage to a guarded player is transfered to the tank. So, actually a quality player... in pvp.

I had actually did that in PVP as well, Guard on those who were getting ganked, especially the lvl 11s or so. In the same FP that I needed everything, I had Guard on the Tank and he got really peeved (probably why he pointed out not to need everything.) He said it messed with his aggro. I am a DPS/TANK so I really didn't want to right fight with him, I was the lowest lvl in the group and quite squishy. We did the KDY the quickest I had ever done them...

I had actually did that in PVP as well, Guard on those who were getting ganked, especially the lvl 11s or so. In the same FP that I needed everything, I had Guard on the Tank and he got really peeved (probably why he pointed out not to need everything.) He said it messed with his aggro. I am a DPS/TANK so I really didn't want to right fight with him, I was the lowest lvl in the group and quite squishy. We did the KDY the quickest I had ever done them...

ROFL... Boys /facepalm. There is no such thing as tank/DPS you're either DPS OR tank depending on your spec (if you're an hybrid you're a DPS until you can prove your survivability)

Got a HM czerka labs run, Im on my sorc healer with sin dps, sorc dps and sin tank

As I zone in i notice everyones hp is down, well my loading screen took a while so I assumed they had been clearing a bit of trash. When I got to them I saw they had just killed the 1 strong droid right at the start, and both sins were at half hp. I started to look through stats and saw the tank was 26k, sin dps 27k and sorc dps 37k, me as 29k healer.

The tank sets off for the next pull, doesn't pull from stealth and I set about my job, I pop bubble on the tank, however I then notice the sin dps has picked up most of the aggro so I bubble him. The sorc dps is getting shot so I bubble him. In the 3 gdc's it takes to bubble the tank and both dps, the tank dies. The sin dps is now on low hp so I throw a channeled heal at him. He runs round frantically as though hes in pvp (he probably assumes it lowers his damage in pve, I cba explaining to such people that kiting makes fu*k all difference to damage from ranged enemies). In running round he ends up pulling the patrolling elite from the following pull and dies on the first shot. The sorc gets aggro from most enemies but I pick up the elite. We finish the fight between the 2 of us.

Carry on and on the pull at the top of the stairwell of the first boss aggro is everywhere. Im starting to get suspicious this "tank" isn't a tank. I watch afew of his procs during the next fight and....he doesn't have any (Im not exaggerating there is nothing popping up). Now I don't know much about playing a sin (my shadow is only lvl 28) so perhaps there is a tree which doesn't give any procs what-so-ever, but I know the tanking tree certainly does.

The tank melts continuously, the sin dps takes a hell of a lot of damage too, the dps sorc seems semi-competent (he uses unnatural preservation on cd). I get a feeling something isn't right so I ask the tank if they are tank specced. No answer. I look on their bar to see which charge they are in. This takes a while as for some reason I cant see a charge symbol. I mouse over everything 3 times as I assume I must have missed it, but after a while I realise no....he doesn't have any charge on AT ALL!

I ask him again if he is a tank, no reply. We carry on and get to the bottom of the stairs. Get to the first boss and before we start I speak to the tank

"can you at least switch on dark charge for the bosses?"

No reply.....

"or any charge at all for that matter?"

no reply.....

This tank pulls and during the electric water the tank and both dps don't get out the water, then the adds appear and all pile on me. Tank goes down first, me second and theres a wipe. The sorc dps is annoyed:

dps: "this is hard without a tank"

me: "yeah, I tried to explain things but he doesn't seem to be listening"

dps: "we could do with having a healer too"

(im not having that, not after how hard I worked to keep that shambles alive for as long as I did) me: "I can't heal all 3 of you through the electric water mechanic, especially when im facing all 3 adds by myself" (that shuts him up)

Next pull the dps sorc stays out of the water and the dps sin move out when it electrifies. The tank continues to stand in the water while not in any surge at all, oh did I mention the sorc dps holds aggro on the boss constantly and no taunts ever get thrown. We wipe.

The dps sorc gets annoyed again

dps: "14k repair bill, which of you is paying that"

me: "you are, its your gear"

dps: "but its not my fault we keep wiping"

me: "if the tank isn't going to pay attention to me asking him to switch a charge on and explaining the fight mechanics, I doubt hes going to pay up"

We try again and I pull out all the stops, letting the tank die and keeping both dps up long enough to take the boss down a fair old way. however healing like that takes way too much force so I run out, once I run out we wipe. "Tank" gets kicked and I requeue us. The dps sin suggests pulling out a khem, however both of theirs aren't geared and mine is only 156 geared and I have never before healed a fp while controlling the tank.

We get started and with some issues (such as I switch khem on passive when the electric water starts so he moves towards me, however I always end up being the 1 getting pulled in so khem re-enters the water). Still with me healing, controlling the tank and the dps working their best we get the boss down to 2% hp, but lose.

We decide it was close enough to be worth trying again, however just after we pull a tank replacement joins and khem disappears. We wipe. With this new tank we complete the mission with no more issues. I don't like this tank much as when I ask him to use out-of-combat heal he tells me his health is my job and if I can't cope with his pace I should go. Still no1 dies, its just the fact the tank thinks he can chain pull because "my health is the healers job, I don't need to heal myself" annoys me. Still with how much hassle the first tank had been I was just glad to be running with someone in dark charge. He didn't hold aggro but by this time I was beyond caring I just wanted it over with.

Edited by BobFredJohn

In pvp tanks switch guard to whomever is getting focused thus hopefully allowing them to be healed through it, 50% of damage to a guarded player is transfered to the tank. So, actually a quality player... in pvp.

No, I mean he'd swap guard from me to the healer to the other DPS and back in the space of about 5 seconds, both in and out of combat, regardless of who had aggro on things.

Had another amusing one today on my lvl 55 mara.

I did KDY with her along with a merc, jugg and an operative healer. Anyway we all start doing it however the operative doesn't give us any time to heal up or loose heat if we need to. The jugg asks that they wait to allow us to and they reply telling us to stay out of combat and let them do everything so that we wouldn't have to regain health or loose heat.

Yes this player wanted to carry us all through the flashpoint which I found odd but we continued on with them charging in and wanting carry us with the rest of us doing our best to keep alive and not be carried as we didn't want to be carried.

They also made a point of asking if any of us could tank and then went on about how being a healer was harder then tanking. I wouldn't know how true that statement was as I haven't been a tank but I do have 3 healers.

All in All I found it a bit odd and when they were so disagreeable I added them to my ignore list after it was finished as they told me to when I said that I didn't want someone to carry me.

I also seem to be meeting more and more people who are odd with group finder as I used to very rarely have any odd encounters and this along with another (It was Hammer station lowbie so it wasn't too odd especially with the insane XP boost going on at the moment) in the same day.

So I've been healing quite a bit more of late on a couple different Mercs (including one leveller, but I don't know if I can still call him that, as he's close to 50 already barely gotten onto Voss courtesy of 12x class-story XP-- from 42 to almost 50, in a day, lol! No, I'm not one of those ub3r power/speed-leveller types (you're playing the wrong game if rushing to endgame is your sole objective here.)).

Now, I'm over age 40, slowing down, an inveterate clicker, and not too experienced at this sort of thing yet, plus I really need to get to grips with setting up a UI that actually works for healing with my play-style (the stock UI sucks hilari-balls for healers, by the way. How do progression raid-healers deal with that all-pretty-no-functionality piece of crap?);

But I've quickly come to understand just why tanks and healers bash DPS so damned much, if nothing else.

Apropos, there seem to be more, by the day, horrifically bad DPS Sorcerers and DPSin/Shadows crawling out from the charnel-pits of KDY. I just did a False Emperor [HARD] with this one who never closed to melée range, even on the bosses --no, seriously, not once: You can't make this stuff up :/

His entire rotation/priority consisted of Force Lightning, Shock, hard-cast Crush D, and....That was it. When these abilities were on cooldown, he'd just sit there, waiting. Off CD, lather/rinse/repeat. Occasionally, whilst chilling towards the back, he'd hit Overload seemingly at random, just...well, 'cuz. (I guess?)

A grossly over-geared tank and healer, and a fairly over-geared second DPS can make up for a lot of deadweight it would seem, as we cruised on through, no problem, hardly even noticing this happy little leech. Well, except when this stupi-Sin ran ahead and chain-pulled before the tank for like four, five pulls. Yes, really.

That's when I learned that you can indeed Heal Through Stupid if you over-power the content enough (the tank --Jugger-- hardly took any damage anyway).

Me in /party: "[stupi-Sin's name] you're not a Sorc, get in there and melée."

Naturally, this was ignored completely.

The HK-47 fight, both DPS (the other was a 'Sin too) perma-tunnel the boss, so me and the tank had to take out the turrets. Oh, and Stupi-Sin wouldn't move out of the circles when they turned red. Thank you again, over-gearing and +5 levels on the content.

Me in /party: "Don't stand in those when they go red," followed quickly by, "TURRETS FFS"

That's when I learned that the Powered Insulators talent + Kolto Overrides can make quite a good "oh ****!" button, but I really think that heal-Mercs need a threat dump analogous to the Mara's Force Camo.

Maybe seeing their healer disappear before their very eyes in a boss fight would teach them?

I'm also coming to learn that seeing someone proudly displaying the "Imperial Forward Commander" (Imp-side KDY max-rep) title should probably be vote-kicked and /ignored out of hand. I am sorely tempted to start a vote-kick the net time I see that just to see what would happen.

(I mean really, that title is like boinking Snookie: It is not something to display as a point of pride, OK???)

I mean, I knew this before, but that was from an r/DPS perspective --which I'm told I do decently well; From the heal perspective, it really hits you just how bad some DerPS really are, and that yes, those wipes really are often their fault.

No roads back: What has been learned cannot be un-learned.

What cost to the soul, a deeper knowledge?

Edited by midianlord

I'm also coming to learn that seeing someone proudly displaying the "Imperial Forward Commander" (Imp-side KDY max-rep) title should probably be vote-kicked and /ignored out of hand. I am sorely tempted to start a vote-kick the net time I see that just to see what would happen.

(I mean really, that title is like boinking Snookie: It is not something to display as a point of pride, OK???)

While I understand where you come from, I beg you to differ untill the third pull. I had a nice PT I was RP'ing as a Military Commander, and was using this title... The title itself doesn't equal bad... But the title + bad = KDY graduate ;)