The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

TFB hm, because it was the highlighted op. Group was 5 guild members and 3 others. It wasn't actually a guild run, just a guild member joined as a pug then ended up filling the group himself. The op leader demanded ts and starparse, which was bad news for me and my now 4 second server lag jumping to 6 and sometimes even 9 at certain times.

We start the run and everything is pretty smooth, kill first boss with no issues and a gunslinger starts complaining because the loot rules were 1 220 piece and 1 token each and 1 of the sent dps rolled and won a belt token and an offhand weapon on the first boss, though that was him banned from rolling for the rest of the mission.

Get to second boss and the gunslinger doesn't move the entire fight causing him to use up some green circles. He has a habit of shooting whoever he wants and never using any DCD's when attacked by the sorc. Kel'sara enrages at 1%, then we finish the fight and loot. Gunslinger has been looking at parse and see's

me (sent): 3700dps

guildmate sent A: 3900dps

guildmate sent B: 4050dps

gunslinger: 4200dps

The gunslinger decides it was my fault the boss enraged and I need to pull my finger out and pull my weight. People point out it was only 1 or 2 GCD's of boss enrage and I had previously mentioned my server lag. Gunslinger isn't happy and recommends I don't get to roll on loot until I out-dps everyone else (I am 216 geared with 2 piece set, other 2 sents are 220 geared, one with 2 piece and other with 6. Slinger is 220 6-piece set). I think its unlikely I will out-dps them.

Get to op 9 and the gunslinger doesn't follow mechanics after cores are destroyed. He wont move into the middle when the red text says he should, doesn't clear the coloured circles around the middle and when he was channelling core shield he kept interrupting it to dot enemies. We wipe repeatedly due to his refusal to follow mechanics causing problems. The gunslinger states the wipes are due to my dps, which is lowest on the table.

Sent B suggests tells the gunslinger to stop farming dps with dots and follow fight mechanics instead. Gunslinger keeps pointing out he cant possibly be doing it wrong because he had top dps. Eventually we get through it with luck, in that the red text never asks the gunslinger to stand in the middle and the dps kill all adds during the slingers channel so he has no excuse to interrupt it for the sake of his parse dps.

Trash between third and fourth boss sent B again has a go at the slinger who, rather than targeting the white fountain looking things first decides to tab through and dot everything. When pulled up on it the slinger again replies with "Who's top of the dps table?" The sent is starting to get annoyed at this guys attitude that dps is more important than mechanics.

We kill kephless, a mistake from me leaves me dead because I was channelling nano-mites when a tank came and dragged the red circle from when the boss leaps under my feet, killing me instantly. Get to the final boss.

Wipe after wipe after wipe. I start paying attention to what people are doing and see that the gunslinger is again dotting everything rather than attacking his targets. His obsession with being at the top of the dps leads him to regularly dot those adds that come running out from the boss which are supposed to be avoided. This is where most of the wipes come from.

Every single wipe ts is filled with comments of "that sent (me) is too low on dps." Tbh most of the time I am around 800 to 1k behind the slinger which means every time I bring up the fact the slinger is not following mechanics he replies with "who's best dps here?"

A guild member who is better played and better geared than me logs on, I ask them if they want to do rfb final boss HM, they agree and I quit group telling them to invite this guild member. I go off to do some bounty event stuff. From reading guild chat (which is used to discuss methods of compensating for mistakes from the 3 non-guild members) it seems people are still annoyed with the slinger and there are more wipes. Eventually (according to guild chat) the gunslinger gives up, calling everyone noobs. Another guild member joins them in dps and the beat the boss straight away.

Strange how they continued to wipe after I left, but succeeded the second the slinger left, its almost like dps has nothing to do with failing boss mechaincs.

Strange how they continued to wipe after I left, but succeeded the second the slinger left, its almost like dps has nothing to do with failing boss mechaincs.

If he wiped the raid multiple times, why didn't you kicked him out? Fluff dps and failing mechanics are enough reasons, not to mention being a dick generally.

No offence but you, guys, are being weird to tolerate this for so long.

If he wiped the raid multiple times, why didn't you kicked him out? Fluff dps and failing mechanics are enough reasons, not to mention being a dick generally.

No offence but you, guys, are being weird to tolerate this for so long.

Number of reasons. Mainly that we had 2t, 2h and 3 dps ready to go and it took us 1 hour 47 minutes to find a 4th dps (and funnily the final call for a dps the op leader got 4 replies lol).

Another was I do have a habit of taking blame for stuff on the basis that I did not correctly compensate other people's mistakes. An example: After the first boss we did the hypergate trash, then went through the cave with the 2 pulls of the animals with the dots (did it the usual way, go all the way through then turn round and aoe) then there was that champ creature, the one which jumps up and down which does quite a lot of damage.

Now recently I had rearranged my quickbar after 10 months. 10 Months of a particular layout lead me to sometimes press the wrong button at the wrong time. My general rotation was the same but I had moved my pacify into where awe used to be as awe had an easier bind and I use pacify a lot more than awe (don't think I have ever used awe actually).

So we get to that champ and one of the sent's hp starts plummeting. I press what used to be my pacify bind and do a blade blitz (another useless ability so I popped it into my previously hard to reach pacify bind). By the time run back in (leap on cd) that sent has died and the boss is no longer jumping. Second time it starts jumping I get the pacify on.

After that pull I apologised to the sent that died for messing up, explaining that I had recently rearranged binds and misclicked pacify. He wasn't particularly fussed but as far as I am concerned I could have kept him alive if I had pressed the right button, as such I should apologise for him dying. There were (including me) 3 sents in the group, any of which could have pacified but the other 2 are from same guild as me and I already know they don't use DCD's and debuffs and things, they are all about dps, which makes it my responsibility to debuff properly.

^^ whats that got to do with the slinger....I don't really mind people making small mistakes if I can fix them myself, the slinger ignoring mechanics can be worked around on most of the tfb bosses. Which leads me to my last point:

When we did the run we 1-shot the first, second and fourth bosses (4th because slinger never got nanomites, or blasted by boss gaze attack thing). We only had 4 wipes on op 9 and only 3 of those were the slingers fault, but I couldn't blame him because 1 was mine (the red text called my colour and someones name so I ran into the middle not realising I didn't have shield, and the other blue guy did exactly the same, meaning there were no blues to stand on the blue circles when they appear).

It was only really on 5th boss where the slingers obsession with dps caused wipe after wipe, 6 when I was there, another 5 until the slinger left, they beat it on 12th pull and I was abit unfair in what I wrote because not all of them were the slingers fault. For example 1 was caused by a sent thinking force camo would work for avoiding the exploding adds and another was caused by a tank running into the water (he never did explain why).

We didn't kick him simply because his attitude didn't cause serious problems except on 3rd and 5th bosses, though he was kicked from ts after first boss for screaming (or at least shouting) about his dps then moaning about loot rules.

Edited by BobFredJohn

gf run of DF. What with how easy sm ops are I reckon it will be a nice easy stroll in the park. Group is:

tanks: 65 jugg and 65 shadow

dps: 65 mara, 59 merc, 62 jugg and 65 merc

healers: 65 op and my 62 merc.

We zone in and start first boss. The shadow tank pulls. The very second they pull they drop to 14%, and I don't mean they take afew heavy hit and drop from 100 to 14 in 3 or 4 GCD's, its instant 100% - 14%. I pop an emergency scan, followed by the one that procs no cast time from the emergency scan, then kolto shell him. Meanwhile the jugg tank has grabbed nefra and is dragging it around the room. I don't have time to ask what is going on because 2 dps die in as many seconds, the jugg and 65 merc, then the shadow tank bites the dust from 72% to dead.

I have no chance to ask what the hell is going on, all I know is in about 10 seconds we lost a tank and 2 dps. I work my *** off healing, the op does some heals too and I am wondering if the ops leader made a mistake and this is HM, but then decide it cant be because we entered through gf.

The mara dps is off tanking, and we kill the boss with the 5 of us, the mara dying a few seconds before the end. After its dead and looted I ask "why was it not tanked on the stairs?"

mara: "because tanks didn't know what to do"

65 merc dps: "nobody explained it to the tanks"

jugg dps: "I assume the tanks are both new"

Anyway we carry on and nobody bothers doing the doors and all that, we just run through the middle, I have never done it that way so want to ask "does this make a difference to the boss mechanics?" but before I get time to ask a tank jumps in. A shambles follows.

Things are generally under control from healer side of things (most people are topped off) until adds spawn in. Subterroths are killed, then a few more adds. At this point I start to get attacked by lightning from 2 adds, abit more play and everyone gets hit with affliction. I cleanse myself (with this shambles I decide its every man for himself) and instantly get hit by a second affliction, leaving me with 1 and everybody else in the group with 2. I carry on healing, we stay up and affliction eventually runs out. A bit more fighting and I notice the boss is down with 1 of the adds which casts lightning and 2 of the ones in red and grey armour with single lightsabers (forgot the name). I have never seen the boss down with adds out before but I assume its got something to do with the fact I have never seen such a shambles before. We eventually wipe.

We run back and I suggest we select sides via ops frame and go through which adds appear when and how to deal with each type. The ops leader splits the ops frame but says it takes too long to explain. I quickly decide to write out an instruction for interrupting corrupters, reckoning myself and the other healer can cope with everything else. On my side of the frame is the shadow tank, jugg dps and 65 merc dps. The other side is the jugg tank, mara, 59 merc dps and the op healer. We pull.

I am bored out of my mind. This shadow holds aggro well and has far too much mit (no idea what happened to his hp on first boss, unless an add appears as soon as boss is pulled). I kolto shell the tank and fire off rail shot and unload, in which time the tank loses 2% hp so I have to med shot him back to 100, I the maintain him at full hp via use of med shot. Adds appear and the dps start taking a bit of damage so I pop a kolto missile, tank grabs aggro and it turns back into a med-shot spam with all my side at 100% hp.

I look at the other side of the ops frame...oh boy. Tank at 100%, mara at 23%, merc at 67% and healer at 82%. The mara's hp is going down and up constantly as the ops hot's are just about enough to balance the damage the mara is taking. I run over and emergency scan then the procced one to get mara back to 97 then kolto missile them, then back to my side. I watch the other sides hp again and the tank takes no damage. Now it doesn't take a genius to work out if the tank is the only 1 not taking damage then hes not tanking.

I move to the middle of the room so everybody is in range and proceed to help the op while we wait for the jugg to start tanking, I throw the odd few heals to my team too, just to keep them topped off. Boss comes back down and proceed to fight him. Entire op group is at 100% and me and op throw in some damage between heals. Everything runs smoothly until later, where a mass affliction hits, I cleanse my tank then just after my cleanse another mass affliction hits. Everybody now has double mass affliction, except my tank who has one. It all goes down-hill from there and we wipe at the enemies with the conal thing.

59 merc: "you are all useless noobs" *quits group*

shadow tank quits, along with jugg tank. jugg dps is not happy:

jugg dps: "our healers are ****"

other healer quits

me: "there was nothing wrong with the healing except lack of interrupts on corrupters"

jugg dps quits.

The ops leader says he will go find more on fleet and asks us to leave instance. I apologise and decide to call an end to it there.

other healer quits

me: "there was nothing wrong with the healing except lack of interrupts on corrupters"

jugg dps quits.

Raid wipes because tanks and dps blatantly ignore mechanics = it's the healers' fault. Obviously ;)

gf run of DF. What with how easy sm ops are I reckon it will be a nice easy stroll in the park. Group is:

tanks: 65 jugg and 65 shadow

dps: 65 mara, 59 merc, 62 jugg and 65 merc

healers: 65 op and my 62 merc.

We zone in and start first boss. The shadow tank pulls. The very second they pull they drop to 14%, and I don't mean they take afew heavy hit and drop from 100 to 14 in 3 or 4 GCD's, its instant 100% - 14%. This happens when only one tank is in front of the boss.I pop an emergency scan, followed by the one that procs no cast time from the emergency scan, then kolto shell him. Meanwhile the jugg tank has grabbed nefra and is dragging it around the room. I don't have time to ask what is going on because 2 dps die in as many seconds, the jugg and 65 merc, then the shadow tank bites the dust from 72% to dead.

I have no chance to ask what the hell is going on, all I know is in about 10 seconds we lost a tank and 2 dps. I work my *** off healing, the op does some heals too and I am wondering if the ops leader made a mistake and this is HM, but then decide it cant be because we entered through gf.

The mara dps is off tanking, and we kill the boss with the 5 of us, the mara dying a few seconds before the end. After its dead and looted I ask "why was it not tanked on the stairs?"

mara: "because tanks didn't know what to do"

65 merc dps: "nobody explained it to the tanks"

jugg dps: "I assume the tanks are both new"

Anyway we carry on and nobody bothers doing the doors and all that, we just run through the middle, I have never done it that way so want to ask "does this make a difference to the boss mechanics?" but before I get time to ask a tank jumps in. A shambles follows.

Things are generally under control from healer side of things (most people are topped off) until adds spawn in. Subterroths are killed, then a few more adds. At this point I start to get attacked by lightning from 2 adds, abit more play and everyone gets hit with affliction. I cleanse myself (with this shambles I decide its every man for himself) and instantly get hit by a second affliction, leaving me with 1 and everybody else in the group with 2Mass affliction doesn't stack. Everyone has only one affliction.. I carry on healing, we stay up and affliction eventually runs out. A bit more fighting and I notice the boss is down with 1 of the adds which casts lightning and 2 of the ones in red and grey armour with single lightsabers (forgot the name). I have never seen the boss down with adds out before but I assume its got something to do with the fact I have never seen such a shambles before. We eventually wipe.

We run back and I suggest we select sides via ops frame and go through which adds appear when and how to deal with each type. The ops leader splits the ops frame but says it takes too long to explain. I quickly decide to write out an instruction for interrupting corrupters, reckoning myself and the other healer can cope with everything else. On my side of the frame is the shadow tank, jugg dps and 65 merc dps. The other side is the jugg tank, mara, 59 merc dps and the op healer. We pull.

I am bored out of my mind. This shadow holds aggro well and has far too much mit (no idea what happened to his hp on first boss, unless an add appears as soon as boss is pulled). I kolto shell the tank and fire off rail shot and unload, in which time the tank loses 2% hp so I have to med shot him back to 100, I the maintain him at full hp via use of med shot. Adds appear and the dps start taking a bit of damage so I pop a kolto missile, tank grabs aggro and it turns back into a med-shot spam with all my side at 100% hp.

I look at the other side of the ops frame...oh boy. Tank at 100%, mara at 23%, merc at 67% and healer at 82%. The mara's hp is going down and up constantly as the ops hot's are just about enough to balance the damage the mara is taking. I run over and emergency scan then the procced one to get mara back to 97 then kolto missile them, then back to my side. I watch the other sides hp again and the tank takes no damage. Now it doesn't take a genius to work out if the tank is the only 1 not taking damage then hes not tanking.

I move to the middle of the room so everybody is in range and proceed to help the op while we wait for the jugg to start tanking, I throw the odd few heals to my team too, just to keep them topped off. Boss comes back down and proceed to fight him. Entire op group is at 100% and me and op throw in some damage between heals. Everything runs smoothly until later, where a mass affliction hits, I cleanse my tank then just after my cleanse another mass affliction hits. Everybody now has double mass affliction, except my tank who has one. It all goes down-hill from there and we wipe at the enemies with the conal thing.

other healer quits

jugg dps quits.

The ops leader says he will go find more on fleet and asks us to leave instance. I apologise and decide to call an end to it there.

Comments in red.

Similar happened to me as well the other day. I was healing DF with my merc just like you and every mechanic was ignored. On Nefra the droids were all over the raid, however everyone moved out. On Draxus we viped of course cuz no interrupts, cleaves wasn't turned away and all of the dps was killing on one side. BTW I asked the raid before the first boss that pleas use self celanses, no one did. On the 3rd boss pipe smash was ignored as well but managed to keep everyone alive, however it was anoying. On Corruptor Zero there wasn't anything worth mentioning. But on Brontes somehow I managed to grab aggro on one of the hands cuz the other 'tank' was a mara. Another mara died at the clock phase because he stood in front of Brontes :D.

When we finished we rolled for the loot, it was ML all the way. So the roll was for the Dark matter catalyst. One of the dudes rolled a high one but didn't get it because he already won a set pc gear. Boy he was angry. Ranting on everyone before a ragequit.

Oh and one thing. After Grob'throk I mentioned that even if it's SM it's not cool to ignore everything. I was told that 'what do you expect from a pug group, stop moaning, we're moving fast'.

Anyway I traded the offhand for the crafting mat. My crafter guildie will be happy when I give it to him.

All this loot talk reminds me of a recent DF GF that I joined on my tank. Memory is a bit sketch, but I'll try. Majority guild run, about 2 or 3 of us were pugs. The guild tank constantly taunted everything off me, which is annoying but whatever.

We kill Nefra, she drops belt. Everyone greeded, and another pug ends up winning it. They remove his loot LT.

Just before Draxus, the pug winner civilly objects to the raid lead counting the Greed roll as his 1 win. I join in, saying that a Greed roll shouldn't count. No response, so I whisper the pug and tell him to just give me the belt so he can roll again, but halfway through Draxus I change my mind.

We wipe, and during the interim I inspect the other people. Maybe 1 had 216 sb belt, all others were majority vendor gear. Clearly no reason they Greeded on that belt, except to save their Need for a better token like gloves/boots (which is fine, just don't penalize someone for winning on a Greed). I state my objections again and get a response, which was basically, "Your complaints aren't my problem". I object again, no response.

We kill Draxus and that pug wins the gloves on a Need. Now they say, "Ok, no more Needing for you". Pug agrees, we move on.

We kill Grob, and now people Pass on the earpiece instead of Greeding. Pug wins it AGAIN. We had a chuckle over whisper and I think he gave them away.

Edited by BigBreakfast

Lvl 24 DPS, New Player

Tactics: Basic Attack Spam™, Stand In Red Circles™, Boss Fight Idle Animation™

Preparations: Ensures health is at most 60%, Long AFK (10m), ~8 Random 3m AFKs, 5m choosing a new hat.

Communication: SB SB SB SB SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Fight: Need EVERYTHING -- Beg for force pull from water -- grab new mob before changing said hat (again)

At least he's PvP flagged open world; hope he's not in your WB group cause I WILL KILL HIM®.

Edited by DragonsGalore
Brevity

So you guys be the judge of this little gray scenario. It's a Mandy Raiders tactical, with 3 DPS (including my sentinel) and what seems to be a tank. We go into the first room and have the sense to dispatch that droid patrolling back and forth (often the group just attacks the whole group guarding the door). Fight ends, and we are preparing to tackle the group, I was going to CC the big droid. We look around the raised platform where we had destroyed the lone droid, because there were only 3 of us there.

Said tank then sat down on the floor below us and said, no way am I tanking, I am not a tank, you might as well go ahead and pull. One of the other DPS initiates a vote kick, and it passes. Fake tank goes ??? then LOL before being kicked.

Now I voted yes not so much because he couldn't tank - he was only 20-30ish with no healer and I understand it would be hard for him on some trash mobs. No it was firstly the deception of queuing as a tank, and secondly the attitude - no apology, or even explanation, and more or less demanding that we go ahead and start the fight without him.

He was replaced by a healer and we had a smooth run.

Edited by sunsplode

So you guys be the judge of this little gray scenario. It's a Mandy Raiders tactical, with 3 DPS (including my sentinel) and what seems to be a tank. We go into the first room and have the sense to dispatch that droid patrolling back and forth (often the group just attacks the whole group guarding the door). Fight ends, and we are preparing to tackle the group, I was going to CC the big droid. We look around the raised platform where we had destroyed the lone droid, because there were only 3 of us there.

Said tank then sat down on the floor below us and said, no way am I tanking, I am not a tank, you might as well go ahead and pull. One of the other DPS initiates a vote kick, and it passes. Fake tank goes ??? then LOL before being kicked.

Now I voted yes not so much because he couldn't tank - he was only 20-30ish with no healer and I understand it would be hard for him on some trash mobs. No it was firstly the deception of queuing as a tank, and secondly the attitude - no apology, or even explanation, and more or less demanding that we go ahead and start the fight without him.

He was replaced by a healer and we had a smooth run.

Hmm...I would say he/she tried to ask for the group to form a tactics but went with the wrong way of asking/starting a discussion:) It is something I might do as when you find (as a tank ofcourse) in a group without a healer spreading the damage become very important for the tank to survive. Often I go tank the elite and some strongs and the DPS all jump (and proceed to kill) on my elite instead of every DPS grabbing a weak/normal mob and cleaing these first.....I as tank die in such scenario ofcourse:)

....so....maybe he/she planned to taun/tank the dangerous mobs after you DPS jumped on your chosen target...or maybe not. Imo you were right to vote kick such a tank:)

...but frankly I am disappointed with people's lack of patience and forgiveness...one wipe and there is no ""ok let's stop and figure out what we/I did wrong'', but instead quit (if lucky...otherwise rage quit):)

Hmm...I would say he/she tried to ask for the group to form a tactics but went with the wrong way of asking/starting a discussion:) It is something I might do as when you find (as a tank ofcourse) in a group without a healer spreading the damage become very important for the tank to survive. Often I go tank the elite and some strongs and the DPS all jump (and proceed to kill) on my elite instead of every DPS grabbing a weak/normal mob and cleaing these first.....I as tank die in such scenario ofcourse:)

....so....maybe he/she planned to taun/tank the dangerous mobs after you DPS jumped on your chosen target...or maybe not. Imo you were right to vote kick such a tank:)

...but frankly I am disappointed with people's lack of patience and forgiveness...one wipe and there is no ""ok let's stop and figure out what we/I did wrong'', but instead quit (if lucky...otherwise rage quit):)

I don't know why, but most people think that attacking the same big mob as the tank while leaving the other weaker mobs is a good idea. And when you speak of kill order in /party, people either don't understand or start those big theory about not being a tank and not having to have aggro on anything

I don't know why, but most people think that attacking the same big mob as the tank while leaving the other weaker mobs is a good idea. And when you speak of kill order in /party, people either don't understand or start those big theory about not being a tank and not having to have aggro on anything

Imo it is because of the SM before 4.0 where you had a ''perfect'' party...and generally tanks and healers were so overpowered that the DPS could...hmm.....leave the thinking to the tank and healer:)...I am probably insulting and I am aware that there are good players in the DPS camp so I shouldn't throw every DPS as bad, but....so few DPS use even half of the things they could...../sigh...and I am derailing what I want to say (if I even use the word correctly/there is such a word:) )...

Talking of tanks in mando made me think of a run yesterday that I didn't write up because I was the weird one, but oh well, I might as well.

After some ops runs I wanted 2 glowing and 1 radiant crystal to buy some stuff to give to an alt while waiting for another ops run to get more tokens. I have 4/5 on the tfp weekly so queue up and mando pops. Its my 65 sent, a 64 vang tank, 30-something sage healer and 22 sent dps. A lovely trinity group in a nice easy fp.

I zone in and we set off. This vang tank is great, he pulls, he uses a good rotation and, after failing to interrupt the large droids knockbacks once proceeds to interrupt regularly to same himself the inconvenience. He clearly knows what he is doing. At one point the 22 sent pulls, vang tries to sort it out but that sent dies and we finish pull. Tank mentions to the sent to let him do the pulling because its what his role is designed to do.

We get to the first boss and because the sent says they don't know it when I ask I give a very brief explanation (on the assumption the fight is mostly a tanking mechanic and the tank knows how to play). Tank then pulls and keeps trying to pick up dogs, making them enrage and the fight is generally a shambles but the tank has the sense to use kolto stations, as do I and we make it through.

tank: "sorry about that, didn't know what to do"

me: "didn't you?"

tank: "no sorry"

me: "I assumed you knew what you were doing because you know how to play"

tank: "I played wow for 20 years, thought I would try this out, this is my first character and I don't know this mission"

I apologise and feel rather embarrassed. I assumed the tank knew the fight based on their standard of gameplay, later to find out they learnt to tank in wow and didn't know the boss fights. Luckily now I know I explain each fight as we go and things go smoothly.

You are too kind and you may be right ;) but I don't think the guy was a tank at all (didn't check) - clue on the patrol droid, 3 of us DPS were on the platform killing it, he was down on the lower level where he later sat down. He didn't tank that one mob.

I am OK with messy tacticals anyway - DPSes randomly choosing targets, breaking CCs. I am an average player myself and every run I use my defensives, interrupts and medpacks. But don't come in and say you won't put yourself in harm's way.

Had quite weird run today. There were a lot of people responsible for the weirdness, and none of them were in our group. This big list includes Bioware devs who worked on HM Manaan FP, and brother of our tank :rak_03:

So, after 30 minutes of suicide jumps from VIP area of the fleet, i get a pop for HM Manaan. Group consists of marauder, jugger tank, operative healer and me on my arseMerc. We get in, say our hi, and start clearing trash. Mara tends to tunnel-vision tank's target, but he does pay some attention to surroundings, so it goes pretty nice. We get to Security Chief boss, and that's where our incredible adventure begins. Just how many things can you break during single FP run? A lot.

Tank runs slightly ahead and pulls the Chief. Did you know that power barrier that appears during engagement can kill you? Well, it can. Our mara, who stood precisely inside it, drops dead, probably cut in half. Me and healer stay outside, locked from boss. Tank realizes what happened, we stuck it, and on second try kill the boss.

After 2 wipes on bonus boss we decide to not torture ourselves, skip it, and move to Ortuno. During the fight our tank goes down and decides to return to the medcenter, all the way back at the entrance. We finish the boss, move to the dialogue door and wait for the tank. That's when she tells she can't get to us. We return to the boss room, only to find that it's locked from previous parts of FP by the door with quite inspiring "Unnamed object" name. Healer advices tank to suicide, to get to the Ortuno respawn point and bypass the door. Entire group gets into combat state, so I, for purely scientific reasons, suicide as well.

Both me and tank respawn... in the outside part of FP. When we get to the Unnamed door, it's still there, solid as rock, without any way to interact with it. After some discussion me and tank leave instance and return to fleet, while mara and healer activate dialogue door and get into sinking part of FP. After that tank and I get back and, to our relief, spawn in sinking labs, right next to our team. Alas, it's not over yet.

We clear droid trash, get to the final boss dialogue door, activate it... and suddenly get loaded out of the FP. When loading screen is down, it turns out me, mara and healer are on Manaan, right at the FP gate, while tank is in DC state. We decide to wait for her and enter the gate. Load to the FP, get to the door... and find it inactive. At this point tank reconnects, and we, to our surprise, get the "4 minutes" message from final boss fight. Healer suddenly disappears, and starts loosing health. It turns out, that while the door wasn't highlighted, klicking on it still teleports you right inside the boss room, while skipping the cutscene.

For some, yet unknown to us, reason, tank isn't with us, so 3 of us wipe and gather at the door again. That's when we notice the missing tank. She is on minimap, she is in chat with us, asking where the hell are we, but not in the actual instance. Turns out, when we reentered the FP, we created new instance, while tank stayed in her old one.

So, it's easy, right? Just let the tank exit FP and enter it again? Well, it is that easy... when tank's "leave flashpoint" button isn't missing due to the instance mess we coused. Thankfuly, ship telepor still works, so she manages to get into our instance and we proceed.

To top the cake - at the middle of final boss tank is DCed again. When she returns (after the wipe of course), it turns out her brother just decided to play LoL, and took all the traffic :rak_09:

What a mess :rolleyes:

Edited by Frenesi

Tank runs slightly ahead and pulls the Chief. Did you know that power barrier that appears during engagement can kill you? Well, it can. Our mara, who stood precisely inside it, drops dead, probably cut in half. Me and healer stay outside, locked from boss.

This has happened to me before. I was the healer in Manaan with three tanks (and they were all three vanguards). I was the designated looter after each pull, so I was always taking just a tiny bit longer to get to the group. We get to the first boss and as I'm running in I get split in half by the barrier. One half of my body in, one side out, insta-death. They all laugh and apologize. With three tanks they don't have any issue working together without me, but it...took...forever...for...the...boss...to...die thanks to no dps. After that the FP was easy and fun, since they had a really good sense of humor about everything, just took longer than normal.

I've been stopped by barriers three other times due to someone pulling too early. Happened in a separate run of Manaan at the Chief. Again, healing, looting, a little behind, and they start without me.

Then it happened twice before the Rancor and Rakata Chief in the same run. First time one of the dps started fighting before two of us were inside, so we were locked out. Then he did it again when we were all running back and I got locked out alone.

Finally, I did it on accident to yet another group with the Rancor. As soon as I got in I started running to the side, hoping to skirt the pull and give enough time for all to get inside, but I got just the tiniest bit too close and the Rancor went right for me, shutting out one of the dps.

Happened a week ago. Someone calls for healer for ops. I decide why not, join the group. I'm the last one, group is ful now, we are about to go (ops is not in gf). The raid leader asks how he finds that ops, then says he's going to bed and leaves the group :/

lvl 65 gunnery spec commando tried to heal my hm fp i'm a very well geared 220 224 gardian tank and he couldn't heal me at all said i was doing it wrong lol when i asked why he wasn't using 3 or 4 core moves that the heals spec commandos have he wouldn't say a word its like he knew what he was doing but for some reason wanted to q up as a heals for a faster q. called him out on it asked if he wanted to respect to heals found out he wouldn't then left worst hour with a noob ever

After reading i decided to also share one of my worse experiences.

I mostly try to finish OPs when i start but lately had one really bad with TfB. They were looking for just 1 tank. But after i joined it took them about 5 more min to get all group together. (should took it as bad sign). It was 5 from non english guild and 3 pugs. And it was about 2h to reset.

First boss went without much problems, nothing too hard here. Second boss, i ask as usual if all know it. No response so we start. 2 guys both dps from the guild had no idea what to do, so one person died on lack of green circles and another killed by Kelsara when she was locked on him. They did no talk much in chat so i whispered to leader that she/he should explain them tactics in their language or we will not make this to the end.

Operator was hard but eventually after few wipes we managed to explain tactics navigate them into consoles and kill him. Kephes went down without much problems also nothing really complicated here.

Before last boss i again urged the leader to explain last boss tactics to newbies from his/her guild. We waited 5 min while they talked and than started. After 3 pulls when i as tank managed to kill 3 irregularities by myself and they were still like 5 when they enraged i was in bad mood, but hoping we will still make it.

Then the most weird thing happened, leader kicked these two newbies from group with remark we will try to find replacement, but it was already 15 minutes after reset. After i told him so. He apologized, but there was really nothing to do, so group dismantled. I of course won nothing.

Edited by ShawDou

Core Meltdown:

25 Sorcerer, 42 Powertech (me), 65 Merc and 64 or 65 Assassin tank

We get the jungle boss down somewhat easily but sandstorm is just too much for players on TRE, I guess.

I mean wipe after wipe... With original group only Assassin and I knew what do with green glowing generators but Sorc and Merc kept the boss in the middle of room. Yes, I know that worked just fine at 60 when this was still level 55. No, it doesn't work with 2 or more lowbies in group. Assassin and Sorc left shortly after

We get 65 Mara and 65 PT as replacements. First try: exactly the same thing except now only I know about the generators. Problem is that at level 42 I don't have enough dps to main aggro even with taunt. They started learning slowly about the green generator but we couldn't defeat the boss.

Yet I hear about how good Empire players are on TRE compared Republic players.

Edited by Halinalle

Kaon under siege HM GF, i was tanking in one of my alt tanks, we had a sin and mara dps and a merc healer. The Fp was going pretty smoothly but i noticed the dps was kind low. We do the second boss and a tank chestpiece drops, i press need, win the roll and suddenly this conversation happens between me and the sin dps.

Him- ***!! I WANTED THAT WHY DID YOU NEED YOU NINJA?

Me- Hum this is a tank piece mate.

Him- NO ITS NOT ITS DPS GEAR ITS BETTER THAN MINE!!

Me- No its a tank piece. It has bulwark in its name, it gives defense and shield.

Him- NO ITS NOT GIVE IT TO ME!

I inspect his gear and see that is chestpiece is not even level 50, the level 65 tank one that dropped gave like 200 more mastery thats probably why he was confused.

Suddenly the healer asks me to link it to the chat to "check" if i was telling the truth. After i did it his response was

*** THAT IS A DPS PIECE YOU NOOB!!

GIVE IT TO HIM!!

I refused so they kicked me from the group. 10 min later i see the 2 of them spamming the general chat in fleet saying that " my character name " is a noob troll and a ninja and urging people to report me and block me.

Weirdest people i have ever seen.....

Ran a KP SM (non GF). We breezed thru to karaga. Karaga enraged four times and we wiped. The group had 1 tank (me) 2 healers and 5 DPS (all range). The merc informs me, “ you are pulling him around the room too fast, try to slow it down” He then places markers around the room to show me how top tank the boss. After the third wipe I point out that, ‘if the raid group is alive at the end and no one died during the fight and the boss enrages, it’s a dps issue” There are no more comments and we proceed to wipe a fourth time. I placed all five dps on ignore and thanked the healers for their trouble. :):):):):)

P.S Karaga enraged all four times, right before I completed a circuit around the area.

At the weekend I saw SM SOA enrage at 1% with shield. He died and we didn't wipe but still. SM. SOA. ENRAGE. I won't go into specifics about the raid cuz the dudes were from my previous guild, we had a bit of a beef and some of us had to/decided to leave.

So. SM. SOA. ENRAGE.