Lets face it - The PvP Devs are Useless

Purple-Punch

This is exactly why its hard to get communication going with the Dev's/community managers, slandering the Dev staff is useless and a waste of time. As is calling for removal of bolster it is here to stay and they will do what they can to fix it.

I agree the idea is good, the implementation, response time and communication has been horrible. Never should PvE gear be BiS in PvP in any fracking slot. And imo this is a major issue that requires a patch ASAP regardless of when planned downtime is. The longer they let it go on the more people you have exploiting the Aug bug and people just plan not queueing anymore and even some unsubbing. That is the last fracking thing anyone that likes this game should want.

Now that its here they need to respond faster, communicate better and fix it ensuring PvE gear is never BiS in an instance as that is a sure fire way to lose PvPers subs and right now its BS that *********** high end raiders can have better gear in PvP then dedicated PvPers it makes me want to piss in dev's shoes but insulting them servers no point. We as a community are better then that.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly why its hard to get communication going with the Dev's/community managers, slandering the Dev staff is useless and a waste of time.

This. I'm not a fan of Bolster in the 55 WZs, but oi, insulting the devs like this isn't going to change a thing for the better.

This. I'm not a fan of Bolster in the 55 WZs, but oi, insulting the devs like this isn't going to change a thing for the better.

Yeah insulting is never good, but it clearly shows the level of frustration the players are going through with this team. You cannot blame the players only, the devs' ignorance is just as much to blame.

Let's say you went to a store and bought a Bluray player, only to find it's broken. You go back and try to return it, but the vendor says -- yes, we agree it's broken but we can't give you a refund right now. Let's give it two to three weeks, come back again and we'll see if we can give you a refund then. Would you be pissed to the point of insulting them? Some would keep their calm, but many would be furious enough to start name calling.

Now what if you prepaid for the bluray player, tested it in the store and told them it was broken. You tell the vendor to fix it and you will pick it up in a week. You come back to get it and it's still broken and you are made to pick it up anyway since you prepaid. Now you still have to wait a few weeks for either a fix or a refund, and in the meantime you are a proud owner of a broken bluray player.

Do you think this vendor would be in business long? Would there be numerous BBB complaints against them? How come we are treated so differently then? We paid for this! I know I did.

Yeah insulting is never good, but it clearly shows the level of frustration the players are going through with this team. You cannot blame the players only, the devs' ignorance is just as much to blame.

Let's say you went to a store and bought a Bluray player, only to find it's broken. You go back and try to return it, but the vendor says -- yes, we agree it's broken but we can't give you a refund right now. Let's give it two to three weeks, come back again and we'll see if we can give you a refund then. Would you be pissed to the point of insulting them? Some would keep their calm, but many would be furious enough to start name calling.

Now what if you prepaid for the bluray player, tested it in the store and told them it was broken. You tell the vendor to fix it and you will pick it up in a week. You come back to get it and it's still broken and you are made to pick it up anyway since you prepaid. Now you still have to wait a few weeks for either a fix or a refund, and in the meantime you are a proud owner of a broken bluray player.

Do you think this vendor would be in business long? Would there be numerous BBB complaints against them? How come we are treated so differently then? We paid for this! I know I did.

And that, my friend, is the biggest fault of this forum (and the internet as a whole). The playerbase are definitely not the only ones to blame for the lack of consistent communication between us and the developers, true, but we're definitely involved and our behaviour is not at all presentable. Both parties are to blame, and I think that if one of them moves past all this and do better, the other would react accordingly no matter which (us or devs) is what. Will it happen? No, not anytime soon. I can still hope, though.

And that, my friend, is the biggest fault of this forum (and the internet as a whole). The playerbase are definitely not the only ones to blame for the lack of consistent communication between us and the developers, true, but we're definitely involved and our behaviour is not at all presentable. Both parties are to blame, and I think that if one of them moves past all this and do better, the other would react accordingly no matter which (us or devs) is what. Will it happen? No, not anytime soon. I can still hope, though.

Agreed, and I always try to be courteous but I do understand the anger.

Who should make the first move though? Should the devs start pushing a quality product or should the players first be nice to them in anticipation of them getting better at their job?

The state of discontent is a direct result of the developer's incompetence shown so far, and the complete lack of meaningful communication with the player base.

I'm afraid it will only get worse if the paying customers don't start seeing the light at the end.

Edited by Monterone

Bioware should've gone with Horizontal Scaling.

Level 55 Bolster is a disaster.

Level 55 PvE seem to be a joke. Second day of the expansion and a guild on my server had already downed the new Operation on Hardmode.

They release a buggy pvp environment and an undertuned operation for the hardcore PvEers. GG?

Edited by Majspuffen

The problem is that people fall into two categories: PVPers and non-PVPers. That rarely changes. Bolster doesn't bring any new people into 55 warzones. Rather than focus on trying to attract new people to PVP, the devs should be focusing on appeasing the current PVP base.

Any MMO playerbase dwindles by attrition. If you don't attract new players then it will die. Making PvP more accessible to everyone is exactly what should be done, and it's what bolster does already. It's just an implementation detail that bolster isn't working exactly as an intended - PvP gear should still be better that PvE gear but it shouldn't be such a huge gap as between aug'ed EWH vs. Recruit.

Edited by Jenzali

I understand the frustration. The current situation with PvP is beyond unacceptable. I think the state of PvP is pathetic, but I don't believe the devs themselves are that bad. Fact is, they are affected by numerous factors. Deadlines, orders from management. EA demands.

They do the best they can and I am sure they aren't happy having to put out substandard work. that being said, it's not okay wth how things are.

Agreed, and I always try to be courteous but I do understand the anger.

Who should make the first move though? Should the devs start pushing a quality product or should the player first be nice to them in anticipation of them getting better at their job?

The state of discontent is a direct result of the developer's incompetence shown so far, and the complete lack of meaningful communication with the player base.

I'm afraid it will only get worse if the paying customers don't start seeing the light at the end.

Frankly, whether SWTOR and its updates are any good so far quality-wise is a different thing, yet at the same time related. I was thinking mostly of the lack of communication between both. Customer dissatisfaction makes the community offensive, which leads to the devs appearing less and THAT makes us even more unhappy. It's a vicious circle that we can't seem to be able to get rid off.

All that said, improving the many faults of the game would be the best first step to fix all this if you ask me. From there, we could be a little nicer and then, perhaps, the developers themselves will post more.

Or maybe I'm just being much too positive. Lol. :D

It's pretty evident with the bolster system .. Who cares about PvP pre-55, bolster all you want .. but in endgame PvP? What is wrong with you people? Just give Partisan gear or soemthing slightly less for free when you hit 55? What a waste of time and resources bolster has been ..

I would definitely start updating the old resume .. and potentially start a new career path .. i highly doubt another MMO company will hire you when they see, Worked on SWTOR PvP team in your resume ..

While this has to be a troll, I'll bite for one reason: this shows a lack of understand of what bolster was actually intended for.

As far as I recall, Bolster was one of BioWare's famous anti-twink measures. The point of bolster was to prevent huge stat anomalies brought about by 'twinks' (for those unfamiliar with MMO parliance, people optimally geared for their chosen level, relative to the vast majority of players at that level), with the intended result being more even PvP experiences.

I agree that Bolster needs to be removed from endgame PvP as it serves no purpose. But saying that Bolster is a get-out-of-jail-free card is going a bit far.

And it's good to be positive, but I think the frustration comes from the fact that we don't think communication will ever get better. It seems to be the modus operandi of this team. :(

Even since the start of the game, when we were all fanbois and positive, no one talked to us, no one shared visions or asked for real feedback. Well, actually, they did ask for it a few times but then they just discarded it.

The only dev I remember actually communicating was Georg Zoeller, and even that was not on par with other teams on other games that engage in daily discussions with the players; that frequent forums and post lengthy explanations of choices made, that take feedback seriously and make the customers feel like they're actually listened to.

And I think there are many players who absolutely love the Star Wars story, can't wait for more movies, etc. To them, and to me, the frustration comes from almost feeling betrayed. I want to play this game because I love everything about the universe, but I really don't want to put up with this level of amateur work any longer. I'm in constant battle whether to quit for good or keep hoping, and it's not a place I want to be at with this game, it's not what I expected.

Clearly asking in a polite manner doesn't get you anywhere. Who gives a **** how rude it is if it has no point? Just venting no one on the BW staff should moan when clearly nothing will come of any of these posts. Doesn't matter if they are fixes to long known problems or requests to fire staff

I mean beyond personal threats really its just the internet. Anyone who walks away angry has only themselves to blame after visiting a forum. Best we can hope for is more resources allocated, and the louder we scream the harder we are to ignore.

Probably hard to resist clicking a post like this when you are a dev too :rak_03:

Yes and no......

If the Devs can't handle some criticism (yes, some of it is over the top) then they shouldn't have public forums. If the Devs dont mind losing subs, then they have no reason to listen to the player base. If the Devs dont wish to compete with the new crop of big MMOs releasing soon (Wildstar, ESO, Archeage) then they have no reason to worry about correcting bugs.

If, however, they want to keep me as a subscriber, they need to do all these things.

Yes and no......

If the Devs can't handle some criticism (yes, some of it is over the top) then they shouldn't have public forums. If the Devs dont mind losing subs, then they have no reason to listen to the player base. If the Devs dont wish to compete with the new crop of big MMOs releasing soon (Wildstar, ESO, Archeage) then they have no reason to worry about correcting bugs.

If, however, they want to keep me as a subscriber, they need to do all these things.

Sort of hard to go over the top as you say when the devs released bolster live KNOWING it was fking broken. Its just greed on their part, they care more about the cartel market than whats broken in the game. Idk who can remotely think the devs are smart, imaginative, innovative...since all their bright ideas has taken this game from millions of subs to a few 100k, if that, company of stupid imo.

Sort of hard to go over the top as you say when the devs released bolster live KNOWING it was fking broken. Its just greed on their part, they care more about the cartel market than whats broken in the game. Idk who can remotely think the devs are smart, imaginative, innovative...since all their bright ideas has taken this game from millions of subs to a few 100k, if that, company of stupid imo.

Oh don't get me wrong, this is pathetic. I seriously wish i didn't enjoy the story as much as I do, because i would happily move to a different MMO. For a game that has been out for over a year, the amount of bugs that still exist is mind boggling, and dont get me started on the PTS......

The intent of Bolster as a means of encouraging more people to participate in WZs is a good one. They just failed at the implementation part.

Expertise and PVP gear still rules in OW-PVP.

I agree. Bolster closed the gap. Bioware could help the situation by clarifying, in concrete terms, how bolster works and maybe definitvely give PvP gear an advantage in warzones. They could also fix the few bugs with the new bolster.

Let's face it: the Devs came up with a pretty good plan to include more pvp players and to make matches more competitive. Plus, if their claim that they can more easily fix balancing for specific gear pieces, then even better!

Edited by Genttry

Clearly asking in a polite manner doesn't get you anywhere. Who gives a **** how rude it is if it has no point? Just venting no one on the BW staff should moan when clearly nothing will come of any of these posts. Doesn't matter if they are fixes to long known problems or requests to fire staff

I mean beyond personal threats really its just the internet. Anyone who walks away angry has only themselves to blame after visiting a forum. Best we can hope for is more resources allocated, and the louder we scream the harder we are to ignore.

Probably hard to resist clicking a post like this when you are a dev too :rak_03:

I'm not going to advocate being a complete jerk, but you're right, it doesn't matter HOW it's asked, they don't reply any better, no matter what "tone" is used. If they had some history of replying to nicely asked questions, sure...but they have a track record of not replying AT ALL!

For people to insinuate that the way a question is asked has anything to do with how many Dev replies it gets, is simply disingenuous.

Edited by TUXs