Oldrep.de - they know something? Need translators ;D

Alec_Fortescue

It seems to be referring (thanks to google translate and reading comprehension) to armor dye.

If you want a direct translation, I think you'd be better off hopping over to the German forums and looking for someone who also speaks English.

Edited by Phorenzyk

Notice there is one piece missing. One piece relates to cathar, 2nd character customization, 3rd armor dyes. There is space for one more.

Also on Friday various sites are supposed to have questions and answers on different aspects of 2.1 (Dulfy will deal with armor dyes). oldrep.de will might also have a detailed q&a on something, probably, exclusive to them.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

What other (English) site have you seen information on 2.1

When I translated the 3 articles that site has it mentioned changing character name, guild name, and legacy.

And a change to how F2P credits work.

I have not seen this information anywhere else. I feel like I may be missing a decent amount of information. Only source I have really seen is dulfy.

I really, really want to hope you're right. I want to hope it's a hood toggle, or renaming, or server transfers....but I'm feeling like we're just reading too much into this.

Edit: Wait, what? Changing names?

Edited by Phorenzyk

Name changes? That's possible, but unlikely. They advertised name changes just before F2P dropped and then we never heard from them again. Of course, they did also say "one free name change per month for subscribers", which was probably the problem.

Let's have Timmy the Intern do the Subscriber Benefits.

What other (English) site have you seen information on 2.1

When I translated the 3 articles that site has it mentioned changing character name, guild name, and legacy.

And a change to how F2P credits work.

I have not seen this information anywhere else. I feel like I may be missing a decent amount of information. Only source I have really seen is dulfy.

There we go, there is something to find out. f2p credits change, eh?

I really, really want to hope you're right. I want to hope it's a hood toggle, or renaming, or server transfers....but I'm feeling like we're just reading too much into this.

I do hope for a hood toggle but I am asking for someone to keep an eye on this page so they can translate the news hehe

There we go, there is something to find out. f2p credits change, eh?

Did not fully make sense. But something about the extra credits F2P get will now go in a bank until you sub instead of you loosing them forever.

The site did also say something about 6-8 weeks after 2.1 we will get transfers. But idk. I am hoping to find this information somewhere else. I have never even heard of this site.

That? Probably a warzone. I didn't see any hints mentioned in the text I dumped into Google.

Where can I see this text?

I'm just guessing it's something to do with customization, and hood toggle is a pretty popular customization request

EDIT: Never mind you're referring to google translate :o

Edited by Tommot

Well, this wouldn't be the first time a German site put up information earlier than the US sites, though I can't remember what it was that they got the jump on before now, it was a long time ago. (not going to take it as truth until confirmed, of course). Edited by chuixupu

Well, this wouldn't be the first time a German site put up information earlier than the US sites, though I can't remember what it was that they got the jump on before now, it was a long time ago. (not going to take it as truth until confirmed, of course).

I want to say it was the introduction of space combat, which was intended to be released with an Issue of SW Insider, but a German site leaked the info early. Turned out to be true, so we may be on to something here.

So Alec, how'd you find out about this site? How reputable are they?

They are the largest german fansite for SWTOR and have been the largest fansite for SWG. Cannot get any more reliable than that, concerning fansite news in german.

The article of the OP refers to armor dye.

here are some key phrases... I am not willing to translate the whole text ;)

"Additional to Cathar and individualization, you will be able to make your chars appearance unique"

"there will be colors and color sets with which we can dye our armor as we like"

"Colors come from cartel market, from crew missions and also from CE-store and Token Store"

"Many armor pieces already in game will be colorable, expect to any armor below lvl 15"

"premium and "lore"-sets are not allowed to be dyed, so there will be no pink revan or similar"

Edited by JPryde

http://swtor.gamona.de/2013/04/29/patch-2-1-individualisierung-eures-charakters/#

Here it says

Also, zu aller erst wird es euch möglich sein, euren Charakter, eure Gilde oder euer Vermächtnis umzubenennen – gegen Bares natürlich. Zudem wird es einige Änderungen im Free to Play-System geben.

It will be possible to rename your character, guild or legacy for cartel coins.

Eines der Dinge, auf die ihr ihr schon länger gewartet habt, wird etwa 6 bis 8 Wochen nach Patch 2.1 eingeführt: Charaktertransfers! Im Zuge des Erfolgesystems möchte man den Spielern es so vereinfachen, beide Seiten, also Imperium und Republikerfolge, in einem Vermächtnis freizuschalten.

Character transfers will be available 6 to 8 weeks after patch 2.1

So Alec, how'd you find out about this site? How reputable are they?

I found out from Dulfy that different fan sites will be will be posting Q&A on different stuff that's coming in 2.1. Dulfy is having one about dyes on Friday. When I asked if she knows which fan sites are possibly dealing with hood toggle, or other functions, she didn't know but pointed out to oldrep.de or torwars. If they get to do interviews with devs, i'd say they are credible enough. Never 100%, just like any other fan site.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Did not fully make sense. But something about the extra credits F2P get will now go in a bank until you sub instead of you loosing them forever.

The site did also say something about 6-8 weeks after 2.1 we will get transfers. But idk. I am hoping to find this information somewhere else. I have never even heard of this site.

They were saying that *currently* anything over the F2P credit cap goes into a bank. That's how it works now.

It seems to be saying that they're adding a credit-cap unlock to the CM -- much like the equiptment authorization.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.