Cathars coming in Patch 2.1!

Iwipe

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very excited to hear that they are coming soon now instead of Soon! Sooner than I thought, even! Thank you, Dulfy, for posting. :)

Looks like they'll have a nice variety of colors and patterns, which thankfully appear to be separate options. What I most want to see is their hairstyles though. "Bald or partially bald" seems to be common in the pics we've seen so far and I really, really hope I can make a Cathar that has a nice head of hair. ^^ Their hairstyles so far kind of look like Zabrak styles.

I wonder how many people are left that understand the soon® origin?

Edited by Cubed_Art

Actually you know what... I have a key, perhaps I'm not getting the coins for that :confused:

Check your log. I was getting coins for that even when I unsubbed and stopped playing. Is it attached to your account or deactivated?

Hi I'm Sally Struthers, I'm here on Taris, trying to help these poor Cathar. For just 600 cartel coins you too can adopt a Cathar before the Empire destroys this planet!

Please think of the poor Cathar, adopt one now. Operators are standing by!

Check your log. I was getting coins for that even when I unsubbed and stopped playing. Is it attached to your account or deactivated?

The best way to check to see if it's properly activated is to go to the security key vendor on the fleet and try to buy something. One time when I had to re-attach it, I totally thought I had done it right - but it turns out I goofed and I didn't, but I was entering it in every day as if I had to.

All these cosmetics is fine and I am sure there will be some people who will like them but it would be good to see more new stories, new FPs, new warzones, new operations, new planets etc.. i'd pay 50 bucks for that but I wont pay a dime for cathar skin or horse armor.

tbh i am kinda concerned now how much of the content in this content update will actually be free to subscribers... hmm?

You mean those new haircuts that we see on some of those Cathars in the video and that will also probably be available to the other races ?

I love that they are finally releasing Cathar as a playable species for everyone since people have been asking for it for quite awhile now. My only issue is that the release of future species will be gauged on the success of this release. I don't really care for the Cathar species. They look cool and the skins look awesome but to me they aren't unique. But my issue lies in the idea that if this doesn't do well then chances are they may not release any more species in the future.

To be fair, I'm positive it will do well, just not in the way people think. In fact, looking at the responses in this thread alone, people will be stacking CC from the monthly allotment we receive for being subscribers. So people will buy it, just not with their money. (Although if you are a subscriber you are paying for everything with money). I'm sure the goal they have is to have as many people purchase the new content to give them a reason to think about releasing future unlockable species in the future. I just gotta say, I'm not buying something I don't want to get something I do want lol. Makes no sense.

On a positive note, I will purchase different looks for my toons if the barbershop has some nice items. I would love to give my Zabrak Jedi a beard or goatee to show how much he has matured over time in the game. Maybe some gray hairs if they have that option :D

You mean those new haircuts that we see on some of those Cathars in the video and that will also probably be available to the other races ?

New haircuts? It looked to me as if Cathar were getting the hairstyles previously available to human and Zabrak. Of course, Zabrak could really use some new hairstyles....

Why complain about Duffy making a thread for this? Do you seriously care?

Because I prefer getting information from the official homepage and not from other sites... And Dulfy is starting to become like on of those celebrities that is in your face all the time, and you only want them to go into hiding for a while. I am not hating, just feels like too much sometimes. Why care about what I write, huh?

Anyhow... I hope they get lots of new and pretty hairstyles, the styles I have seen so far does not look to my taste.

New haircuts? It looked to me as if Cathar were getting the hairstyles previously available to human and Zabrak. Of course, Zabrak could really use some new hairstyles....

The hair is of Zabraks so bad its very true that's why my Mara is bald. I am going to make a female Jugg or something else with Cathar they seem pretty interesting.

The 600 CC Cathar/ Any paid content is EAware shooting themselves in the foot and slowly bleeding out. Now they could always go to a hospital but i think they will shoot the other foot after they recover.

Countdown to Sith Cathar Warrior named "Grumpy Cat"...3, 2, 1...

It has begun....

I'm very tempted to make a Cathar after my next stiped. Although all my alts are fairly low, I haven't made a smuggler really. Just a placeholder one, but I might kill him off to make a Cathar one....though I am getting tired of my main's stupid beardless Zabrak face..... :rak_03:

Edited by Eillack

So more thundercat names than game of throne khallesi names now?

I think EAware did it delibrately...I mean even the hairstyles in the latest vid are all Thundercat (Gen 1) copies almost haha.

Edited by Eillack