Rage spec is stronger than it was before 2.0

Faltun

Rage spec was OP before 2.0 now its SUPER OP. If you look at damage after WZ rage speced juggernauts are on the top in every game.

Its cuz of auto crit aoe and just need to build up 3 stacks of shockwave and still do the biggest single hits in wz with 9-10k smash but now cuz of Dark Resonance Vicious Throw hits 8-9k and Ravage makes a ton of damage too. Since rage spec just needs 3 stacks of shockwave for the brutal AUTO CRIT AOE smash, you cant even clenase Force Crush with Sorc's Purge Agent's Evasion or Assassin's Force Shroud in time.

I can deal with all this, if juggers cant smash that often and use enrage that often cuz of Overpower and snare you free in 0,5 sec global CD cuz of Oppressor and Force Charge/Obliterate to you 3 times in 15 secs.

Other classes like sorcs dps need 5 secs to build up their damage (deathfield, creeping terror, afiiction) and in this 5 secs can deal around 4-7k dmg depends on crit then need to spam force lightning (usualy you cant channel 3 sec cuz you have to keep running) and wait for the instant Crushing Darkness proc. i know you will say sorc has instant heal and bubble but thats just global cd trade sorc use 3-6k heal jugg hits 4-9k sorc use bubble jugg destroys it with 1single hit, bubble and selfheal are just useful if you can los.

Jugg has 3 sec reflect while he can move and hit you and only 1 min cd and many defense abilities like Saber ward, Endure pain, Enraged defense.There is classes/specs who has no chance against rage. i have a juggernaut too and rage spec is funny, i can rape in warzones but its unfair and it dosent realy need skill... okay needs more skill than pyrotech powertechs but still so easy and dumb spec. Nobody wants other dps classes to RWZ except rage and pyro maybe 1 carnage mara for speed and 1 stealther to guard.

I dont like complaining, and im playing since 12.17.2011 without any break and this is my first post about class balance, but need to do something since TTK is shorter than ever even if you re geared.

Edited by Faltun

Since rage spec just needs 3 stack of shockwaves for the brutal AUTO CRIT AOE smash, you cant even break force choke in time without reach 2 stack

I can't really decipher the wall of text, but I thought I would point out that force choke no longer builds stacks of shockwave.

Edited by Ridickilis

I said as much when I saw the changes. Smash didn't get a nerf, they got a damage rebalance.

A note though: Force Choke/Stasis no longer builds shockwave/singularity stacks (probably the biggest nerf aspect of the rebalance), so the fact that you can't break them quickly is irrelevant as the ability is now nothing but a ghetto stun and rage/focus builder.

Rage got an overall buff in sustained damage and really didn't lose any of its smash damage simply b/c damage as a whole went up. It also recieved more slowing tools which it really didn't need......One of the main reasons it seems stronger is that its one of the few specs that have an auto crit heavy hitting ability..in this crit less age we went into.

So ya without even reading that wall of text I can agree that rage spec is stronger than before

Very well thought out post, OP. I can tell that you're sincere in your concerns and the issues that you've pointed out make sense. However, there's only 1 little problem.....the developers play Smashers.

So yeah, Rage was buffed, pray that it is not buffed any further.

/Thread.

Rage got an overall buff in sustained damage and really didn't lose any of its smash damage simply b/c damage as a whole went up. It also recieved more slowing tools which it really didn't need......One of the main reasons it seems stronger is that its one of the few specs that have an auto crit heavy hitting ability..in this crit less age we went into.

So ya without even reading that wall of text I can agree that rage spec is stronger than before

Rage is not OP get over it already!

ps, I would agree to a nerf if all other classes lose their "cc".

And no, I don't play rage I play annihilation.

Edited by znihilist

Rage jugg is a bit ridiculous now but that's more a factor of having such a short cooldown on such a great ability (reflect) - combined with defensive cooldowns and bursty damage. Marauders overall I'm ok with though I think they did not do enough to make the rotation less gimmicky.

Rage spec was OP before 2.0 now its SUPER OP. If you look at damage after WZ rage speced juggernauts are on the top in every game.

i can rape in warzones but its unfair and it dosent realy need skill... okay needs more skill than pyrotech powertechs but still so easy and dumb spec.

What class requires skill? Tell me cause MMO's are not much skill based at all. Play FPSs, now that is real skill. Rage did get nerfed with one less stack of shockwave. You can't use unstoppable with rage anymore. Other classes got buffed, which increases the nerf of the nerfed class. I notice warzones have more equal output amongst all classes.

Rage is not OP get over it already!

ps, I would agree to a nerf if all other classes lose their "cc".

And no, I don't play rage I play annihilation.

you can break stuns and warrior has 2 ccs too(force choke intimidating roar), but as an anni mara you should now this cuz your strategy should be this: put ur 6 secs dots(rupture; 3 stacks deadly saber) to your target then use force choke or go stealth and you do great damage and your enemy cant hurt you and cant cleanese it while u re force choking him.

Intimidating roar can be realy useful when your enemy is using his cds like cloak of pain you just need to use 6secs cc and wait til enemy's cloak of pain gone.

In my travels it can make a huge difference when fighting bad opponents (the ones that clump up regularly) or when it's stacked (meaning 3 of them smashing with some semblance of coordination). Against good pvpers I'd rather have the option of playing a single target spec on par with the stealthers or mm sniper. Off the top of my head I'd say it's the only melee that has to telegraph it's big hitter, when i'm playing something else I really never had a problem with most of them because of that.

I agree that the cooldown on reflect is abit to short for non tanks.

you can break stuns and warrior has 2 ccs too(force choke intimidating roar), but as an anni mara you should now this cuz your strategy should be this: put ur 6 secs dots(rupture; 3 stacks deadly saber) to your target then use force choke or go stealth and you do great damage and your enemy cant hurt you and cant cleanese it while u re force choking him.

Intimidating roar can be realy useful when your enemy is using his cds like cloak of pain you just need to use 6secs cc and wait til enemy's cloak of pain gone.

Force choke and intimidating roar are not cc's. Force choke can be stopped by using "interrupt"(I am 100% sure of this one) and it is channeled, and intimidating roar is a mezz -> No CC's

Edit: Yep, you can't interrupt it yourself by anyone else can.

Edited by znihilist

What class requires skill? Tell me cause MMO's are not much skill based at all. Play FPSs, now that is real skill. Rage did get nerfed with one less stack of shockwave. You can't use unstoppable with rage anymore. Other classes got buffed, which increases the nerf of the nerfed class. I notice warzones have more equal output amongst all classes.

Locking Unstoppable into Shien did nothing to nerf rage, 2 separate issues. If it weren't locked to shien right now, you still wouldn't be able to get force crush, so you'd have Less damage from rage/vengeance hybrid players, since the only source of shockwave would be enrage, so basically 1 buff smash per minute.

Unstoppable was locked into Shien so that immortal/vengeance hybrids couldn't use it, because when They used it in huttball, their damage reduction was 70%+, so all they had to do was leap, get stun immune, and take almost no damage. If it weren't locked to shien, combined with the new shielding mechanics, jugg tank hybrids would be virtually impossible to kill.

So yeah, Rage itself is OP as ever, maybe even more OP now with the extra damage boost after using smash. I play a smasher and yes, I still think it's OP. I've had several 8k smashes+ 7k executes on my smasher, but my numbers pale in comparison to the smashes some people are getting (over 10k easy). When you have a spec that can get the 90k damage medal in about 30 seconds, there's something seriously wrong.

Force choke and intimidating roar are not cc's. Force choke can be stopped by using "interrupt"(I am 100% sure of this one) and it is channeled, and intimidating roar is a mezz -> No CC's

Edit: Yep, you can't use it yourself by anyone else can.

So you're telling me that by leaping into a CROWD of people and using an ability that makes them lose CONTROL of their chars for 6 secs isn't a CC?

And yes Force Choke is a stun. Your stun is different because it's channeled that has it's down sides. It also does pretty decent damage and it builds Rage/Focus. No one else has a stun like that. See that, your stun builds resource and does damage but you can't move. My stun costs resource and does no damage but I can move around. That's called balancing abilities.

Edited by Capt_Beers

Only bads have a hard time with Rage spec.

Smash is needed, now more than ever, to combat teams holed up in the bunker in Novare Coast, teams pillar hugging the near pillar in Voidstar, and teams holding the huttball behind the side dumpster at the end of the game.

Strong n' effective Point Blank Area of Effect damage (PBAOE) is important in MMOs, and in SWTOR.

Best spec for jugg/guardian is immortal/defence. Rage jugg as dps worse than rage mara, sniper, or deception sin. Vigilance guardian worse than many other dps.

But only immortal jugg/defence guardian have own unique - tank - niche, where he is better than any other, if playing properly. .

So you're telling me that by leaping into a CROWD of people and using an ability that makes them lose CONTROL of their chars for 6 secs isn't a CC?

And yes Force Choke is a stun. Your stun is different because it's channeled that has it's down sides. It also does pretty decent damage and it builds Rage/Focus. No one else has a stun like that. See that, your stun builds resource and does damage but you can't move. My stun costs resource and does no damage but I can move around. That's called balancing abilities.

Argue all you want, intimidating roar's effect still breaks on damage.

Force choke does not do decent damage, and the damage is kinetic by the way.

3 rage over 3 second is not worth it, I am limited by the damage that the ability does. You on the other hand can dash out in worst case scenario over 7~8K damage in those 3 seconds (assuming your CC is not longer), mine barely dish out 2K.

Edited by znihilist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.