RotHC // 2.0 : Healing - It's ridiculous.

LovarBoy

I have seen this trend as of late where people complain about healers but yet don't make a effort to kill them it's not hard most healers are not any harder to kill as they were before just got to learn how to play against all the new moves.

That's not it. I don't want to sound pompous but I was a decent commando in 1.7 and now I'm a demon .I was playing huttball against an operative healer and started wailing on him. The rest of both teams were off playing DPS ball so I was left alone. Neither moved and my rotation became about the same as PvE except throwing in interrupts when they came off cooldown and the guy kept his HP near 90%. I'd get a good burst that would knock him down 75% and he self healed back to 90 almost immediately.

I kept going for minutes figuring at least he's not healing his buddies and we were at a stalemate when I was joined by a sage. He kept the two of us busy just as well as before.

Finally I just knocked him into the pit and ran to help my team figuring they could use the DPS while he ran out of the pit.

I ended with over half a million DPS in a rather short game but never killed that guy. His healing was about the same.

having that perfect balance sounds nice but get two of him in the same match and they're invincible plus they can fire off the occasional round to interrupt a door or turret cap. Meanwhile if one of their DPS buddies walks up I'm dead.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, all of these threads complaining about healers are funny. As a healer, I'm glad 90% of people in Warzones have not discovered the secret weapon that is focus fire. It sure sucks when you go up against the 10% that actually do focus fire healers, though. :D

Lol, all of these threads complaining about healers are funny. As a healer, I'm glad 90% of people in Warzones have not discovered the secret weapon that is focus fire. It sure sucks when you go up against the 10% that actually do focus fire healers, though. :D

Such a pile of BS. You cant focus when theres more than 1 they will survive, you cant focus a decent healer who knows how to get out of fire. these *******es saying focus fire are full of such crap. Just admit it you're Op'ed. Its fine but denying it just makes the game worse, PVP wont be fun when the only people playing are healers. PVP is only half way fun when theres a mix of classes, it wont be long before all the "i have to be best kids" switch to healers and its completely ruined.

So you are saying the only way to kill a healer is to overwhelm a healer with ALL of the DPS. Your right, that a good strategy.

However, I want to ask you, don't you think a class might be a little OP if it takes more then one person to kill him/her?

Edited by Tycoon

However, I want to ask you, don't you think a class might be a little OP if it takes more then one person to kill him/her?

as long as he cant kill a fly either, wich healers cant its fine. they are giving up the ability to kill anyone and gain the ability to be as difficult to be killed as possible.

fair traid from my pov.

Sorry, but anyone that's complaining just sucks. Accept it and work on how you can improve. I'm done with this thread, way too much complaining from ppl that don't understand how group dynamics work in pvp. I pray devs don't listen to these fools

Sorry, but anyone that's complaining just sucks. Accept it and work on how you can improve. I'm done with this thread, way too much complaining from ppl that don't understand how group dynamics work in pvp. I pray devs don't listen to these fools

Youre right to an extent. People will adapt and people will flock to healing which was made remarkably EASY. Which will make the game very...very... boring at least as far as PvP is concerned.

Enjoy this dead game.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/04/15/patch-5-3-ptr-role-check-in-battleground-queues/

Now the casuals will leave. You can play ranked against eachother in a game no one cares about lol.

If you think healing was weak pre 2.0? You are either delusional or didn't play other MMO's. When 4 support classes are freakin required for ranked? That is a joke in itself. Now it is even worse.

There is no improving. You just stack the same. Only problem? When you require 2-3 healers (people will prob just bring one tank now, and a few aoe taunt classes and 4-5 healers now, since aoe healing is LOL stupid)? The game is doomed to fail as far as "e-sport".

People didn't leave one game that required 1 of 3 people be a healer, to now join a game where at least half are tanks/heals.

Sorry this game isn't fun anymore. If I have healers on my team I don't die...at all. If I have no healers I might as well leave the game. Before 2.0, you could get beat in damage/kills, but you could win...sometimes. Now? You can't even do that, unless you are playing the dumbest people on earth.

Ranked? Worst pvp I have ever played. You can hit a tank and do no damage, or a healer and do no damage. Eventually after you are bored to death in what feels like a freakin pve raid? Someone f's up, or a gigantic lag spike hits.

There is no skill here. Aoe heals this strong are stupid. Not being able to lock someone out of a heal tree on a interrupt is stupid. Immunity on a healer that has no counter (like shattering throw) is stupid. Tanks in pvp is stupid (and that is why WoW is phasing them out). No offensive dispel is stupid.

I am sorry but when you take an average player and put them on a dps class and they can do 300k, then put them on a healer and they can heal for a million? That is broken.

When you can take an average player who sucks as a dps, and put him in a tank set, and they can press a couple attacks, spam an aoe slow, and taunt (which all hybrid dps already do), and all he has to do is follow the bouncing ball (his healer)? That is broken.

Do me a favor. Google swtor pvp. Tell me who cares. No one. They took mediocre pvp and broke it further in 2.0. About the only fun this game provided was that you could solo queue and sometimes beat "ranked" teams, because the fact is most ranked teams are @%@.

There is no reason for a casual to play this game, and no reason for a gamer who wants to be noticed in high rating pvp to play this game.

Most people who play mmo's play with a friend or two. Requiring them to play heal/heal tank is the dumbest @%$^ I have ever seen.

I have seen pve guilds who used to get STEAMROLLED, now dominating games with 3 heals and a tank and they are usually !*****ty enough to queue with 2 groups at the same time.

Edited by biowareftw

bioware, tone down healing.

Every warzone is filled up with healers because nowadays it's the amount of healers, that matters in winning or loosing a warzone.

2 healer per team are horrible, because you can't even deal enough damage to kill them ( especially if one of them is guarded ). 3 healer - don't think about killing anyone of the opponents team.

Who the hell has been in the position for the 2.0 pvp balance? It's just horrible.

The amount of mass-healing ( especially group heals & hot's ) is so overwhelming, that it's horrible. You just need one healer to defend a position against 2 dd's - run around and heal like an idiot and he will survive "eternally" until there will be enough friends to help or enemies to kill him. That can't be the sense of pvp.

A good healer right now can outheal 2 dd's - i can. And i think it's ridiculous. As soon as there are 2 / 3 healers in a team, you can't kill anybody. What's the sense of 1 healer = 2 dd's? It's laughable.

And please, don't argument with focus the healers - yeah, sure, focus 1 / 2 healer, no problem. There are dozens of ways they can protect themselves. Annoying sorcs / sages throwing shields like their crazy, barrier that makes them invulnerable until they got healed completely, guard, the ticking hot's.

It's horrible.

Scale down effective healing in pvp for roughly -30% - i don't know even if that would be enough.

Right now pvp is all about the amount of healers you got and that's just dumb.

lolololol

Enjoy this dead game.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/04/15/patch-5-3-ptr-role-check-in-battleground-queues/

Now the casuals will leave. You can play ranked against eachother in a game no one cares about lol.

If you think healing was weak pre 2.0? You are either delusional or didn't play other MMO's. When 4 support classes are freakin required for ranked? That is a joke in itself. Now it is even worse.

There is no improving. You just stack the same. Only problem? When you require 2-3 healers (people will prob just bring one tank now, and a few aoe taunt classes and 4-5 healers now, since aoe healing is LOL stupid)? The game is doomed to fail as far as "e-sport".

People didn't leave one game that required 1 of 3 people be a healer, to now join a game where at least half are tanks/heals.

Sorry this game isn't fun anymore. If I have healers on my team I don't die...at all. If I have no healers I might as well leave the game. Before 2.0, you could get beat in damage/kills, but you could win...sometimes. Now? You can't even do that, unless you are playing the dumbest people on earth.

Ranked? Worst pvp I have ever played. You can hit a tank and do no damage, or a healer and do no damage. Eventually after you are bored to death in what feels like a freakin pve raid? Someone f's up, or a gigantic lag spike hits.

There is no skill here. Aoe heals this strong are stupid. Not being able to lock someone out of a heal tree on a interrupt is stupid. Immunity on a healer that has no counter (like shattering throw) is stupid. Tanks in pvp is stupid (and that is why WoW is phasing them out). No offensive dispel is stupid.

I am sorry but when you take an average player and put them on a dps class and they can do 300k, then put them on a healer and they can heal for a million? That is broken.

When you can take an average player who sucks as a dps, and put him in a tank set, and they can press a couple attacks, spam an aoe slow, and taunt (which all hybrid dps already do), and all he has to do is follow the bouncing ball (his healer)? That is broken.

Do me a favor. Google swtor pvp. Tell me who cares. No one. They took mediocre pvp and broke it further in 2.0. About the only fun this game provided was that you could solo queue and sometimes beat "ranked" teams, because the fact is most ranked teams are @%@.

There is no reason for a casual to play this game, and no reason for a gamer who wants to be noticed in high rating pvp to play this game.

Most people who play mmo's play with a friend or two. Requiring them to play heal/heal tank is the dumbest @%$^ I have ever seen.

I have seen pve guilds who used to get STEAMROLLED, now dominating games with 3 heals and a tank and they are usually !*****ty enough to queue with 2 groups at the same time.

Rofl, so now you are implying that DPS takes MORE skill than healing or tanking? LOL. This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Rofl, so now you are implying that DPS takes MORE skill than healing or tanking? LOL. This thread just keeps getting better and better.

PSSSSSSST Dps doesnt take more skill than a healer but a GOOOD Dps will do 1 Million dmg a GOOD Healer will do 1.5 mill. A ****** healer does 500k to a mill a **** DPS does 100k to 200k. Where do you think **** players will all flock to within a month. It doesnt take a genius. It's broken. Deal with it. Get over it. Pretend its not broke and see this game completely die.

PSSSSSSST Dps doesnt take more skill than a healer but a GOOOD Dps will do 1 Million dmg a GOOD Healer will do 1.5 mill. A ****** healer does 500k to a mill a **** DPS does 100k to 200k. Where do you think **** players will all flock to within a month. It doesnt take a genius. It's broken. Deal with it. Get over it. Pretend its not broke and see this game completely die.

Lololololol

You're probably 1 of those guys who interrupts my diagnostic scan or doesn't interrupt at all and then wonders why he can't get me below 70%

Still takes a lot more skill than watching a bar fall and pressing a button. I can heal for a million dmg practically blind and retarded.

lol @ biowareftw

right and WoW pvp is good am i right? rofl these kids. No one cares about pvp in WoW aswell it is more broken or as broken as swtor was/is. After burning crusade it just went down the hill period. Arenas stopped beeing an E sport long time ago nobody cares anymore aswell, apart from some random derps that think its still "cool".

DPS shouldn't outpace healing. CC/interrupts exist for this very reason. The goal should be to make them move, interrupt and cc as much as possible, and "make" them worry more about their own health, versus the team.

One DPS shouldn't do that. Two DPS should, at least three. But: healers can get rid of their attackers quite easily. Run and heal up, than come back - that's what they do, especially Sorcs / Sages. They run behind their 3-4 man wall of DPS. What should you do? Go for them? You get nuked down from the DPS'ers you're crossing.

It's just op healers than don't run out of energy...

Sorcs/Sages don't run out of energy, too. Almost it takes them 20-30 or more seconds of permanent healing to do so.

It is not like that in competitive ranked matches, the healer will get spike down through a stun with 5 dps on him, quite easily.

I can only assume OP is a bad dps, and/or his server has bad players.

Yeah, it's quite easy to blame "me" for bringing a real problem to the surface. Yeah, I could be a bad player and all others are bad players, too - but nevertheless the issue is out there.

This. L2P instead to blame healers that are OP -__- You can't oneshot anything anymore with smash isn't it? QQ more.

Not about oneshotting. It just gets ridiculous when 2 / 3 healers can outheal EVERYTHING.

You can beat 4 healers with focus fire if you CC and are intelligent about how you do it, but with no in game voice that's just not going to happen outside of ranked.

Sorry, but that's just nonsense.

If 1 or 2 healers are backing up the focused, he won't die.

Sad that some people are defending the current state of overpowered healing. Wont be long before RWZs are just 4 tanks and 4 Healers on each team and then you'll see how fun it really is...

Thank you. Would like to see that, I guess it will be very funny. :rak_03:

It's nice to see how the thread developed in ~ 1-2 days. If there is no issue with healing, there wouldn't be that great amount of response in every way.

I would not worry, if the healing will dominate warzones long enough, the inevitable nerf will come. The same guys that got hit by 1.2, will relieve this experience again. And then they will come on the forums and whine how healing was fine and how DPS QQ has destroyed their satisfaction of seeing green numbers pop over the place.

To those hypocrites talking about operative healing interrupts :) LOL just LOL. I have a 12s interrupt, and the only thing that I can interrupt is kolto injection, there is nothing else worth interrupting, but hey you got a crap load of free TA anyway, let the free spam of surgical probe begin while you LoS the crap out of any ranged DPS and have nothing to worry about except Rage, Carnage and Deception.

Edited by NoTomorrow

One DPS shouldn't do that. Two DPS should, at least three. But: healers can get rid of their attackers quite easily. Run and heal up, than come back - that's what they do, especially Sorcs / Sages. They run behind their 3-4 man wall of DPS. What should you do? Go for them? You get nuked down from the DPS'ers you're crossing.

Yes because if you never attacked the healer then those 3-4 DPS will just shake hands with you and let you pass?

People who don't attack healers are simply cowardly. If everyone attacks the healers then nobody is exposed to any more risk than usual, but I see this happening in WZ all the time where people are afraid to die so they just hide way back and leave the healers alone, never mind that the enemy DPS have to attack somebody no matter who you're attacking. If the enemy DPS are good they'd be prioritizing on the guys threatening their healers, but they can't do that if everyone is attacking the healers.

Edited by Astarica

Yes because if you never attacked the healer then those 3-4 DPS will just shake hands with you and let you pass?

People who don't attack healers are simply cowardly. If everyone attacks the healers then nobody is exposed to any more risk than usual, but I see this happening in WZ all the time where people are afraid to die so they just hide way back and leave the healers alone, never mind that the enemy DPS have to attack somebody no matter who you're attacking. If the enemy DPS are good they'd be prioritizing on the guys threatening their healers, but they can't do that if everyone is attacking the healers.

Oh come on, as a Range DPS the only thing that can threaten my healers is a melee guy, because my healer can heal while out of LoS from enemy RDPS. And guess what, my class is quite good at removing the melee threats from my healers, thus allowing my healer to pump tons of heals. Add in some random tank, and all this effort at removing our healers is absolutely futile.

Oh come on, as a Range DPS the only thing that can threaten my healers is a melee guy, because my healer can heal while out of LoS from enemy RDPS. And guess what, my class is quite good at removing the melee threats from my healers, thus allowing my healer to pump tons of heals. Add in some random tank, and all this effort at removing our healers is absolutely futile.

The healer isn't always going to have a pillar to hide behind. On a map like Novare Coast or Alderaan, for example, the healers are usually camped in a relatively open space. Yes it's dangerous for ranged class to close in but if their team is stronger defensively then you got to leave your safe spots at some point. Even if you're a Sniper, dropping an explosive probe and then say an instant Snipe is still going to contribute if the healer is at 50%. In an ideal world you leave it to the melee but sometimes you got no choice. Attacks like Takedown or HSM can finish off a fleeing healer and can be used on the run. No you probably shouldn't abandon a good position to attack a healer if he's at 100% as a ranged DPS, but after the healer has been wore down some it is everyone's responsibilty to make sure he doesn't come back. I can understand why you wouldn't want to attack healers when most of the time melee DPS don't even do that and unlike melee DPS, ranged DPS do compromise their position to put themselves in a spot to hit a healer, but if you got bad melee DPS and you aren't outhealing the enemy team, you can't just say 'not my problem' even if you're a ranged DPS.

You severely overestimate the ability of most healers. Most will just stand there and die.

I 100% agree me and my guildmate pvp all day and night. Never had a problem pre 2.0 with healers they felt extremely balanced. Now even if me and my guildie leap onto the ****er interrupting everything we can and unloading on him he still runs away with 1/3 or 1/2 health healing himself luling at us. Not a gear problem since I have 29k hp speccing for power while using vengeance (good job bioware making vengece godly in pvp finally i'll give you that).

It is the problem with bolster, another fatal flaw now healers don't have to worry about expertise since they get free expertise it makes them nearly invincible running into WZs with elite and ultimate gear effectively becoming invincible.

So let me ask you Bioware did you not *********** think when you put in bolster? I see tanks with 36k HP soaking damage and god forbid there is another pve geared healer in the WZ with them then its GG if their team works together.

Way to go Bioware make expertise useless by giving it out freely to people who don't even work for it.

Gz about time some one said what i was thinking for ages. True, about fking time they pumped up vengeance, rolled a jugg, after a mara just for that specc.

It's fking amazing how much sages/soccs or operatives/scoundrels can heal/ survive for and how much dmg can a tank take before he dies.I do about 800dps with my mara carnage spec, just 1 pices of conq rest partisan and old lvl 50 augments and i can barely solo a decent healer now, just not right.Not to mention if the dude is not alone I got no chance max 1/3 hp 1/2 hp, if I don't get cc-ed a lot.

GZ BW for making pvp so fun.