RotHC // 2.0 : Healing - It's ridiculous.

LovarBoy

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, I just tried healing in lowbie the first time since 2.0 and that thing is even sillier than lvl 55 healing. I was practically unkillable unless I had barrier (just dinged 51), sprint ( for removing effects) and stun breaker on CD. With one of them off CD I would just walze off and use bubble, force mend and innervate for a good 16K. So they basically had to kill me while I was stunned. The problem with the latter is that not everyone has the ability to burn down a healer, some classes have to be a tad higher than lvl 30. Second problem comes in the form of a second healer on the team. We had a pretty mediocre one but it was still enough to keep me going during the stun.

It's hard enough to get two people to focus a healer in a pug. Current mechanics require that you have four on him/her. Good luck with that.

Well from personal experience. When I roll my sage healer I'm unkillable and I shake my head in warzones. Put a bubble on and just watch them all trying to take me down. Not happening. Either these players are all really bad or the bubble is just too powerful. Maybe these 'guards' should have a shorter duration and longer CD in warzones. I notice commando is it? has something similar and if the other team has a commando and a sage it's frustrating.... Edited by thomasbaxter

Well from personal experience. When I roll my sage healer I'm unkillable and I shake my head in warzones. Put a bubble on and just watch them all trying to take me down. Not happening. Either these players are all really bad or the bubble is just too powerful. Maybe these 'guards' should have a shorter duration and longer CD in warzones. I notice commando is it? has something similar and if the other team has a commando and a sage it's frustrating....

Queue'd last night in a pug against a team with 5 healers. It didn't go well for our side.

Edited by Ybini

Ha, I just tried healing in lowbie the first time since 2.0 and that thing is even sillier than lvl 55 healing. I was practically unkillable unless I had barrier (just dinged 51), sprint ( for removing effects) and stun breaker on CD. With one of them off CD I would just walze off and use bubble, force mend and innervate for a good 16K. So they basically had to kill me while I was stunned. The problem with the latter is that not everyone has the ability to burn down a healer, some classes have to be a tad higher than lvl 30. Second problem comes in the form of a second healer on the team. We had a pretty mediocre one but it was still enough to keep me going during the stun.

It's hard enough to get two people to focus a healer in a pug. Current mechanics require that you have four on him/her. Good luck with that.

This is no different than pre 2.0. And 4 dps to kill only 1 healer? I can take down a healer solo unless he's getting healed by another healer. I will assume that those healers suck. There are a lot of new players and, sadly, not all of them know how to dps properly. Just a quick example: 2 days ago, in a losing alderaan match on my lowbie sorc, I finished 3rd in damage. The catch is I was guarding a node for the whole game. Only 6-7 republic players tried to take my node. What were the 7 other people in my WZ doing? I have no idea.

I will repeat it again: 2.0 brought a lot of new players in the game. New to the game and, in some cases, new to MMOs.

Edited by Darkshadz

Healing is only OP in regs. Just wondering how many of you people play rateds on this post. If you play rateds then we all know healers are not OP. Pugs will not kill healers because of nooooo coordination. Coordination kills healers and a dps should not be able 1 v1 a healer.

Healing is only OP in regs. Just wondering how many of you people play rateds on this post. If you play rateds then we all know healers are not OP. Pugs will not kill healers because of nooooo coordination. Coordination kills healers and a dps should not be able 1 v1 a healer.

Right?

People complain healing is OP while putting a fat 200k, 600 dps on the scoreboard. Like a lot of the 'imbalance' in this game, it is so much easier to see skill verse gear/class.

But seriously nerf Ops...

...a dps should not be able 1 v1 a healer.

That is the single most stupid premise I've ever heard from anyone.

If gear and skill or equal, both players should have a chance to win. You shouldn't be given a "Free Win" card just because you decided on a particular skill tree.

/ignunt

That is the single most stupid premise I've ever heard from anyone.

If gear and skill or equal, both players should have a chance to win. You shouldn't be given a "Free Win" card just because you decided on a particular skill tree.

/ignunt

It was worded wrong and I agree with what you are saying. What I meant to say is a dps should not be able to always kill a healer 1v1. If it is equal then both parties have a chance to win. If you read any of these post most people are crying because they can't kill a healer 1v1. It's funny how you insult people when in reality you are the IGNORANT one.

It was worded wrong and I agree with what you are saying. What I meant to say is a dps should not be able to always kill a healer 1v1. If it is equal then both parties have a chance to win. If you read any of these post most people are crying because they can't kill a healer 1v1. It's funny how you insult people when in reality you are the IGNORANT one.

I admit, I was on a bit of a rant. But I've heard the "shouldn't be able to kill a healer 1v1" argument SOOOO many times, I have this atavistic, knee-jerk reaction to hearing it.

I do heartily apologize for misconstruing what you were saying, and I missed your inference about people crying because they can't always kill a healer. I agree with you on that point, and think everyone should have a fair shake. Again, my sincere apologies for smacking down the second I thought I saw a roach.

So, we okay?

:D

I admit, I was on a bit of a rant. But I've heard the "shouldn't be able to kill a healer 1v1" argument SOOOO many times, I have this atavistic, knee-jerk reaction to hearing it.

I do heartily apologize for misconstruing what you were saying, and I missed your inference about people crying because they can't always kill a healer. I agree with you on that point, and think everyone should have a fair shake. Again, my sincere apologies for smacking down the second I thought I saw a roach.

So, we okay?

:D

Yeah bro we are good. It's true though how many people QQ about anything and everything in this game.