*** Official PvE DPS Leaderboard ***

KeyboardNinja

Leaderboard and Progression drama has been slowly tearing the server apart and feeding general inter guild animosity.

That statement is hyperbolic. The server is not being torn apart and the inter guild animosity is nothing new. No single guild or individual is so important or such a foundation of the server community that animosity between them and another entity could actually cause significant harm to the community as a whole.

1) One can't move on until it's laid to rest by actually admitting you were wrong as opposed to saying you are but then denying it 4 words later.

2) They are the guilty party so please explain in any fashion how they are still innocent at this point.

3) Cortex ASKED people to review their parse in question so it was done. The reason this was so scrutinized was mainly for that reason alone.

All in all, the real issue is please do not edit parses. You will get caught and you will be embarrassed.

QFT.

Once again, thank you Tam for taking the time to deal with all of this.

Edited by Headpunch

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone needs to move on. The parser in question is clearly over the scrutiny which their parse has been submitted to. The discussion has gone on endlessly and like it or not, nothings going to get resolved debating it until the end of time.

The guilty till proven innocent attitude is absolutely disgusting. I haven't submitted to this board and now I just won't.

Its also funny how this parse was submitted two weeks ago, and now this parse has turned everyone upside down. Scrutiny doesn't describe what were doing, its turned into a mob mentality hunt against this person trying to force them into admitting cheating, which there is no evidence of. But we all know what the real issue is here, and its sickening that someone completely independent of the main issue that happened with our former member has had to suffer for it.

Time to talk about a new parse from someone who is interested in being on the board.

This post is completely out of line. I and others tried to come up with any explanation possible for this to be a quirk. Read my posts back I ALWAYS assumed innocence when I pointed out what looked odd. Also, the reason that a two week old parse was looked at is Cotrex specifically called out the community to scrutinize the parse.

How can you say there is no evidence of cheating? I still won't say for sure that she absolutely altered the parse knowingly, but as far as evidence, there is heaps. If you read the posts and don't see anything out of the ordinary I'm not sure what to tell you.

Edited by ML_DoubleTap

As you are the one who's falsified the log, you have no room to get upset and rude to anyone in this thread. You asked, and welcomed scrutiny, so we gave it to you. You have no one to blame for this but yourself

Forget it, I'm not even going to say I didn't because you're not going to believe a word I say. I'm done. GG. Peace out. Aloha.

This post is completely out of line. I and others tried to come up with any explanation possible for this to be a quirk. Read my posts back I ALWAYS assumed innocence when I pointed out what looked odd. Also, the reason that a two week old parse was looked at is Cotrex specifically called out the community to scrutinize the parse.

How can you say there is no evidence of cheating? I still won't say for sure that she absolutely altered the parse knowingly, but as far as evidence, there is heaps. If you read the posts and don't see anything out of the ordinary I'm not sure what to tell you.

I agree.

I don't know why you're so quick and willing to just admit defeat. If it's a legit parse, you should be defending it. If it's doctored, just admit it and move on. All these dps threads are turning into "who can cheese harder" threads. Everyone is obviously going to have their own opinion, and since you have already quit your guild and begun belittling people, you are strongly demonstrating guilt. If you want some credibility and truly want to show you are legit, post another parse with somewhat similar numbers. That way everyone can see your "normal" parse without fluke inconsistencies.

ps. parsing is super important

You literally just admitted that you falsified the log. Are you denying it again?

I saw no admission. I saw someone fed up with this witch hunt and doesn't want to play this game anymore because the community seems to want to crucify her over a damn video game. So yes, she is done. Let it go.

If it were me I would've quit hour one. No one deserves this amount of flame for a video game parse.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

I saw no admission. I saw someone fed up with this witch hunt and doesn't want to play this game anymore because the community seems to want to crucify her over a damn video game. So yes, she is done. Let it go.

If it were me I would've quit hour one. No one deserves this amount of flame for a video game parse.

http://gyazo.com/81bc43d92a0b0d0378f445ecad0a33ea

The WITCH hunt? Are you kidding me? THE PERSON IN QUESTION DEMANDED PEOPLE SCRUTINIZE. AND ALSO SAID IF IT WAS FOUND HE/SHE EDITED, THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN HARSH CONSEQUENCES. QUITE LITERALLY ASKED FOR THE WITCH HUNT. BEGGED FOR IT. PRAYED FOR IT. COUNTED THEIR LUCKY *********** STARS, WENT IN THE BATHROOM, TURNED AROUND THREE TIMES, SAID BEETLEJUICE AND IT POOFED INTO EXISTENCE.

The ridiculous "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE" like reactions to this situation are stupid. Stop white knighting on the forums.

In summary, while it is possible that the stars aligned and Cotrex's client/machine has a very specific bug which has generated these symptoms, it's astronomically unlikely. And by "astronomically unlikely" I mean about as probable as me waving my hand on my patio and indirectly generating a wind storm which crushes Rosalyn's house.

http://knickswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/lloyd.png

I don't know why you're so quick and willing to just admit defeat. If it's a legit parse, you should be defending it. If it's doctored, just admit it and move on. All these dps threads are turning into "who can cheese harder" threads. Everyone is obviously going to have their own opinion, and since you have already quit your guild and begun belittling people, you are strongly demonstrating guilt. If you want some credibility and truly want to show you are legit, post another parse with somewhat similar numbers. That way everyone can see your "normal" parse without fluke inconsistencies.

I agree that your last point would help with credibility, though it wouldn't be definitive support for or against Cotrex's innocence. For the rest, it isn't unusual at all for someone who is not guilty--but who nobody believes--to react in this manner. Drama--be it online or offline--can be very emotionally draining, particularly when you have no champions. Yes, the reaction can also be inspired by guilt, but it is by no means exclusively caused by it.

For the record, and given current evidence, I believe the parses are false, but not necessarily manipulated by human hands.

Frankly, it is my fondest wish the parse be found to be false, but not manipulated, just because it'd be a great teaching tool for one of our greatest weaknesses when it comes to thinking logically: Picking sides and confirmation bias.

If that doesn't happen, all we get is another tired story about how competition can drive us to abandon our ethics. Like we don't have enough of those.

It should be illegal to link using that label and have it not take me to my favorite movie. Shame on you.

Skynet and a glitch in the Matrix are closer to what I was going for. And just so we're clear, it's not like I find it to be particularly likely this is all bug-driven, or whatnot.