PVE gear >>>> PVP gear in PVP: SCRAP BOLSTER!!!

Darth_Vampirius

I'm in full Partisan with about 4 Conq pieces (earpiece, both implants, and chest). I do just fine out there. I lead damage in a lot of matches, even when just doing objectives. Sometimes I don't, and I suck it up... oh well, bad games (or just a better opponent).

I don't fully agree that it's a l2p issue, but for some it is. Gear does help though, and this augment bug/bolster balancing issue does not make it easy on us who like a level (or close to) match.

Edited by mr_ruiz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

There is only one progression in the game currently for PvPers, and that is the gear. If you remove that, then PvP will lose its appeal to the vast majority of people who now focus mostly on that. Without incentive, most lose interest, you cannot argue this point.

I can't? I most certainly can. That notion is ridiculous. PvP for gear? That's what raiding is about, not PvP. I grind for gear in PvP because it's a necessary evil, not because I can't live without it. I PvP to compete against other live players from around the world. Period.

And you don't "need" to measure skill "in game" as you suggested. That's what we play the matches for. You would never find a flawless method for raking skill, in fact skill is subjective anyway. Just get to know people and their playstyles through experience, like I don't know, life.

Gear grind always need only for PvE crowd, true PvP'ers dont need it. They play just for fun of win, not for gear grind.

Exactly. Not that gear grinding can't be fun, but if they did away with all gear in pvp I wouldn't bat an eye, in fact I would probably enjoy it more. There is nothing rewarding about stomping someone in recruit gear or any equivalent, even if I did "work" for my gear and the other person didn't. They may not have had the time. That doesn't equate to skill. And real competitive natured people like myself are concerned with true displays of skill, not disadvantaged players statwise.

I can't? I most certainly can. That notion is ridiculous. PvP for gear? That's what raiding is about, not PvP. I grind for gear in PvP because it's a necessary evil, not because I can't live without it. I PvP to compete against other live players from around the world. Period.

And you don't "need" to measure skill "in game" as you suggested. That's what we play the matches for. You would never find a flawless method for raking skill, in fact skill is subjective anyway. Just get to know people and their playstyles through experience, like I don't know, life.

Exactly. Not that gear grinding can't be fun, but if they did away with all gear in pvp I wouldn't bat an eye, in fact I would probably enjoy it more. There is nothing rewarding about stomping someone in recruit gear or any equivalent, even if I did "work" for my gear and the other person didn't. They may not have had the time. That doesn't equate to skill. And real competitive natured people like myself are concerned with true displays of skill, not disadvantaged players statwise.

Nice necro.. now please let this die again

• 1 year later...
This is biofail and electronic faliures mistake bcz i had rating 108 gear and i was... Regular on pvp with a marauder and i get rating 140 purple and im wrose MUCH wrose, i also had 82 expertise, bolster bolstered me to 1700 expertise, i put away to 0 base expertise, bolster get me 2000 WDF is that a juke is like i have the death star superlaser and it wont kill a bee and i have a snowball and i can blow planets weird bolster it ruined my tac flashpoints/pvp since i get purple gear, bolster is a good thing but it doesnt work because it ok maybe enace you less than a lvl 30 player but not drain ur expertice for having

This is biofail and electronic faliures mistake bcz i had rating 108 gear and i was... Regular on pvp with a marauder and i get rating 140 purple and im wrose MUCH wrose, i also had 82 expertise, bolster bolstered me to 1700 expertise, i put away to 0 base expertise, bolster get me 2000 WDF is that a juke is like i have the death star superlaser and it wont kill a bee and i have a snowball and i can blow planets weird bolster it ruined my tac flashpoints/pvp since i get purple gear, bolster is a good thing but it doesnt work because it ok maybe enace you less than a lvl 30 player but not drain ur expertice for having

Wow such necro, very Wow.

Dude this thread is so old... Read my thread on how to gear with PVE items to get 2018 expertise

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=795518

Now i undertand all, just get pve low lvl gear for get more pvp efectivness... Ok now i go to jump from the 100 floor of the city skycrapper for heal me and i go to frozze my house for get me hot and i go to consume a lot of electricity for pay less... Irony