[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

SOULCASTER

The ability delay is what got me to initially quit the game when it first got released, about 3 months after the release. I came back to the game about 4 months ago and when I first came back, the ability delay was gone. I enjoyed the game immensely when the combat worked right. However, once 2.0 got released, the ability delay has come back into the game. Granted, it isn't as bad as it once was, however it is noticeable and it's annoying. If it's still in the game by the time final fantasy xiv: a realm reborn gets released, I won't be sticking around.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

been waiting for a fix to this since 1.2.....

anyone also have issues where you hear/see the animation for an ability start, but nothing happens? this happens to me a lot with grav round; the animation will start but no cast bar comes up. sometimes it actually fires the ability, and sometimes it doesnt. when it doesnt im just standing there for a few seconds like a window licker.... very annoying

I have to underline this aswell. Its been here for ages, and its the little cancer that kills the game slowly.

I have started to wonder if its impossible to fix due to the engine, but would be good to have a confirmation on this from the devs.

well if no dev responds then we know for sure it cannot be fixed

Well we are on page 14 at the moment, with no dev response. I don't see HOW they can't fix this. Its obviously some kind of bug with either the ability queue or the GCD. It really should be a priority one fix, as it affects literally every single aspect of this game, from PVE to PVP.

Another PRIME exmaple of this is when you die in a warzone, when you respawn, instantly try and buff yourself. It fails every time and uses the GCD without buffing you. I usually have to hit it 2 or 3x before I get my buffs to apply. Its extremely frustrating in pvp warzones.

Well we are on page 14 at the moment, with no dev response. I don't see HOW they can't fix this. Its obviously some kind of bug with either the ability queue or the GCD. It really should be a priority one fix, as it affects literally every single aspect of this game, from PVE to PVP.

Another PRIME exmaple of this is when you die in a warzone, when you respawn, instantly try and buff yourself. It fails every time and uses the GCD without buffing you. I usually have to hit it 2 or 3x before I get my buffs to apply. Its extremely frustrating in pvp warzones.

the problem can be in the engine itself wich in return means its there forever

the problem can be in the engine itself wich in return means its there forever

I don't know anything about coding and engies, so its entirely possible. HOWEVER, this bug did not exist in game at launch or in beta (as far as i know). So based off that, i think its something that must have worked its way into the system somehow over the course of patches.

I don't know anything about coding and engies, so its entirely possible. HOWEVER, this bug did not exist in game at launch or in beta (as far as i know). So based off that, i think its something that must have worked its way into the system somehow over the course of patches.

im pretty sure that ravage had the bug from start, but its been a long time ago and i was wasted almost the whole time then so i could be wrong but i dont think so

Edited by JymmyMorison

this is one of those things that got introduced with 1.2

so no reply from devs.....

too busy to fix it(as usual), i guess. You just have to "improve" yourself to get used to it.

I think this bug is simply a result of general LAG. While I click on innervate as sorc

healer, first GCD is in most case only for an empty animation show. Since you cant see any heal number on your target. So I have to click it again using my second GCD to channel this spell. I know what im saying, coz I have to do this sh** on every class. For example on marauder by queuing vicious slashes or sniper and vanguard by using all kinds of spontaneous(=instant) abilities. It must be a lag in queuing abilities. A GCD will be obviously immediately triggered after clicking. But your input-ability will not be processed. Since it obviously lies in the timeframe of data-transfer of your last input.

Btw, I´ll instantly sub yearly instead of monthly, if the general LAG since game release can be fixed in a way.

Edited by X-Boson

I have also noticed this on Unload for Bounty Hunters. One shot, GCD activates, and no damage to the target.

I really do not expect to see a response to this anytime soon. The issue last year where you could not play the game for more than an hour without crashing hit 80+ pages on that thread, and the only dev response were more requests for examples. The issue was actually resolved by the community for most of us that had it, and that is what will probably happen here also.

Psh, there are threads HUNDREDS of pages long with one, or even zero, dev responses. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Not unless you change the title of the thread to "Things I love about the cartel market."