A real way to FIX pvp

Darkwiley

Simple take out bloster and change it to 15-25,26-35,36-45,46-54, then 55 simple way fix any exploits l, think back to the 1st day 2.0 was on PTS they had to know of some kind of exploits with bloster pre 2.0 to try to see if it worked in 2.0 and guess what.......

Simple take out bloster and change it to 15-25,26-35,36-45,46-54, then 55 simple way fix any exploits l, think back to the 1st day 2.0 was on PTS they had to know of some kind of exploits with bloster pre 2.0 to try to see if it worked in 2.0 and guess what.......

Horrible idea. There is NOTHING wrong with pvp till 55 atm. Nothing at all. Bioware does not want "twinks" back. Why the hell would they want tools making new players quit by have 1/3rd more health and over twice the base dmg/bonus dmg again?

They want to gain subs not lose them...No skill twinks cause players to leave the game. Want to pick on someone who has no chance to fight back? Go to tattoine and kill low levels. They have as much chance against you as a new player would have against a twink who has augments BIS epics and heal pots/adrenals.

Now if you want to talk about the 55 bracket and pvp gear being best in slot (it should be), then some of us might care.

You can be 55 in half a day. No one is forcing you to play lowbie pvp where gear doesn't matter. If you can't pvp with a gear edge (and you will have one at 55, though it might not be what it used to) and could only pvp with the old days of twinking? Quit the game. Go play Hello Kitty online.

You hurt the game, the REAL pvp players hate you, and we are sick of the whining. I have no idea what makes you think they give a damn about the 20 of you crying on the boards 24/7 when the WZ's are packed and new players can actually have fun in this game, which makes them want to sub, which means a better game for all of us (mo money).

I love how you people hide the REAL reason (twinking) behind veiled CRAP, such as blah blah I worked hard for this gear (no you didn't), and the insane idea that Bioware isn't going to make PVP GEAR the best gear for PVP at 55.

They said naked bolster is being fixed. No one will have 50 pvp gear in a few months, pvp gear will be best at 55. Devs said all of this. Add to all this? If you thought they were going to let you not buy the expansion and farm kids all day in level 50 pvp gear?

You are freakin delusional.

Edited by biowareftw

Horrible idea. There is NOTHING wrong with pvp till 55 atm. Nothing at all. Bioware does not want "twinks" back. Why the hell would they want tools making new players quit by have 1/3rd more health and over twice the base dmg/bonus dmg again?

They want to gain subs not lose them...No skill twinks cause players to leave the game. Want to pick on someone who has no chance to fight back? Go to tattoine and kill low levels. They have as much chance against you as a new player would have against a twink who has augments BIS epics and heal pots/adrenals.

Now if you want to talk about the 55 bracket and pvp gear being best in slot (it should be), then some of us might care.

You can be 55 in half a day. No one is forcing you to play lowbie pvp where gear doesn't matter. If you can't pvp with a gear edge (and you will have one at 55, though it might not be what it used to) and could only pvp with the old days of twinking? Quit the game. Go play Hello Kitty online.

You hurt the game, the REAL pvp players hate you, and we are sick of the whining. I have no idea what makes you think they give a damn about the 20 of you crying on the boards 24/7 when the WZ's are packed and new players can actually have fun in this game, which makes them want to sub, which means a better game for all of us (mo money).

I love how you people hide the REAL reason (twinking) behind veiled CRAP, such as blah blah I worked hard for this gear (no you didn't), and the insane idea that Bioware isn't going to make PVP GEAR the best gear for PVP at 55.

They said naked bolster is being fixed. No one will have 50 pvp gear in a few months, pvp gear will be best at 55. Devs said all of this. Add to all this? If you thought they were going to let you not buy the expansion and farm kids all day in level 50 pvp gear?

You are freakin delusional.

OK. Let me explain to you what really happened. After the game went F2P, it become clear real quick that the F2P and preferred players can't catch up with the long time subs in 2-3 weeks. So they started to cry, "I've been playing the game for 2 weeks and still keep getting face rolled, by those who've been playing for a year and spent hundreds of $, i want changes and i want it now. So BW said Let"s screw the long time subs and make the game F2P and noob friendly, We may get some new subs. Those who stayed with the game this long not gonna cancel their subs, they got used to get screwed one more not gonna brake it. The rest is history

OK. Let me explain to you what really happened. After the game went F2P, it become clear real quick that the F2P and preferred players can't catch up with the long time subs in 2-3 weeks. So they started to cry, "I've been playing the game for 2 weeks and still keep getting face rolled, by those who've been playing for a year and spent hundreds of $, i want changes and i want it now. So BW said Let"s screw the long time subs and make the game F2P and noob friendly, We may get some new subs. Those who stayed with the game this long not gonna cancel their subs, they got used to get screwed one more not gonna brake it. The rest is history

How did they screw long time subs? WH/EWH is going to be the best at 55. You will STILL have a gear edge. They have said this, I don't know like 500000000 times?

The only complaint you could have is low level warzones. Gear shouldn't matter until endgame. It was stupid. Who the hell in their right mind is going to spend a 500 k every few levels just to compete with no skill, scum twinks?

Not to mention? As a vet you have another advantage. Heal pots/adrenals. You know about these and new players don't. You also know (I hope) how to play your class.

Can a new player afford heal pots/adrenals? Nope they sell them IF they even know about them. Can they afford twink gear? Nope. They had no chance. Twinks were killing the game.

Now if you are someone who doesn't want to buy the expansion and just wanted to farm kids forever at 50? Sorry ain't gonna happen. That would be the worst business model in the world.

You can't twink anymore, get over it. Everything else is the same with the exception that "recruit gear" might be a little better.

The naked bolster thing? They are fixing that.

Edited by biowareftw

I'd like to see you killing a level 25 in level 15. Not to mention that this would make the queues pretty long.

Probably about as much fun as being level 30 and attacking a level 54. Because, let me tell you, that is just a load of giggles right there.

Or you know maybe the grind from recruit to maxed out EWH was retarded even if you were a long time sub. You were at such a huge disadvantage solely from stats that you were forced to endure an unfun grind just to be put on equal gear footing. Not to mention that you're just more of a burden to your team than a help until you finally reached your geared out point.

The bolster system is great once they fix the exp gear bug.

Probably about as much fun as being level 30 and attacking a level 54. Because, let me tell you, that is just a load of giggles right there.

I've seen people in their 30s wreck people 50+ thanks to bolster. It's a non-issue. A level 15 trying to kill a level 25 without bolster would be a huge issue.

-a bunch of the normal clueless jibberish-

They're basically throwing planetary comms at us and people have the option to trade wz comms for planetary ones and buy mods. If you think the step between blue and purple mods decides the outcome of games......

And no, wh/ewh will not be the best at 55. It will become PvE gear and I doubt that they're giving it better thats than the lvl 55 PvE gear or even DG.

Edited by MidichIorian

They're basically throwing planetary comms at us and people have the option to trade wz comms for planetary ones and buy mods. If you think the step between blue and purple mods decides the outcome of games......

And no, wh/ewh will not be the best at 55. It will become PvE gear and I doubt that they're giving it better thats than the lvl 55 PvE gear or even DG.

Might want to try reading what the devs have said. They said pve gear will be "recruit like", and pvp gear will be best in slot. If it isn't currently that way at 55? It will be fixed.

As far as the pre 55 thing? Doesn't matter. No one will have ewh/wh 50 gear. It isn't available, and why the hell would Bioware/EA make that best in slot by a fair margin for 30-54? Then people could skip on the expansion and stay at 50 forever with gear other people can't obtain.

It isn't hard to figure out why the won't allow that...

1) the game is balanced with new abilities past 50

2) they don't want people farming/griefing new subs.

3) they want to make money, aka you buying the expansion. Why do you think they moved talents UP in trees. WoW did the same thing.

Bwftw has a point in that I have seen twinks destroy pvp communities in multiple games. For pvp to grow and have dev support it needs to attract new money (ahem ppl). Twinks ruin the lives of many noobs (we all were once). Sure many of us vets didn't mind much and just took it but a lot of money (i mean players) will not stand for it. There needs to be somewhat of a gear advantage (I think smaller is better though) in endgame pvp to keep more players playing often but it can't be too large and lowbies can get screwed too much.

So I guess you haven't seen a level 32 do 800k dps after 2.0 I have a level 29 sage with level 29 gear on that does 400 to 500 dps I don't like using exploits it IS like hacking and the ones that don't want to see change in it ARE the ones using it.... I have played many mmo's with pvp with 10 lvl in between ranks yes the lvl 15 who get smashed :rolleyes: but it is how you learn to play the roll of your toon better, With bolster it is like helping a kid cheat on a test in school, sure you get a's but what happens when no one helps?

Who the hell in their right mind is going to spend a 500 k every few levels just to compete with no skill, scum twinks?

Here is the problem with people like you. You don't pay attention to the content that is available in the game. There were these things called planetary commendations...Then you go to the fleet and go talk to this amazing npc called the item modification vendor. I leveled multiple alts to 50 and never spent a dime on mods and had my gear fully up to date in blue mods with every planet I visited. It wasn't that hard, but people like you are too lazy to even do that small amount of work. All you want is "gimme ez mode now!!!!!"

Now the game is so busted that every garbage pvper suddenly thinks they are amazing when in reality they are still terrible because while they think they are amazing 2 shotting everyone, they are getting ninja capped behind them because the baddies still don't understand the meaning of team based WZ's.

This guy was talking about removing bolster altogether, meaning that the level 15 would probably get most of his attacks dodged.

So I guess you haven't seen a level 32 do 800k dps after 2.0 I have a level 29 sage with level 29 gear on that does 400 to 500 dps I don't like using exploits it IS like hacking and the ones that don't want to see change in it ARE the ones using it.... I have played many mmo's with pvp with 10 lvl in between ranks yes the lvl 15 who get smashed :rolleyes: but it is how you learn to play the roll of your toon better, With bolster it is like helping a kid cheat on a test in school, sure you get a's but what happens when no one helps?

How is bolster an exploit? Everyone that PvPs is using it, so everyone can reach high numbers if they are skilled enough with the tools they have. Having level 15s fight level 25s without bolster isn't going to teach that level 15 how to play better. That 15 will literally be unable to kill the 25. Almost all of his attacks will miss or do a tiny fraction of their normal damage while the level 25 would always hit with his attacks. That's how level differences work in this and a majority of other MMOs. That's why they all use a bolster system.

GOOD LUCK finding a game.

10-29;

30-49;

50-54;

those are the only viable brackets.

with the examples I gave, 50-54 might be the only one struggling to populate

~ 43-54 might work.

Edited by Falensawino

Ignore bolster just now and fix resolve/stuns honestly. I hate this game more and more every day due to being stunlocked for 10+ seconds at a time it's beyond stupid, and the fact they've let it happen for so long is even more confusing. Besides 2.0 all they've done in the ways of attempting to stop stun-heavy classes like Operatives was nerf their damage, I'm sorry but you must be deluded to even begin to think that lowering damage and not the amount of STUNS to stop STUNlocking being as frustrating.

JUSTMY2C

Ignore bolster just now and fix resolve/stuns honestly. I hate this game more and more every day due to being stunlocked for 10+ seconds at a time it's beyond stupid, and the fact they've let it happen for so long is even more confusing. Besides 2.0 all they've done in the ways of attempting to stop stun-heavy classes like Operatives was nerf their damage, I'm sorry but you must be deluded to even begin to think that lowering damage and not the amount of STUNS to stop STUNlocking being as frustrating.

JUSTMY2C

Saving your 2 cents for the empire state building,

because until you become the person stunning or stealth cc'ing, you won't know that there is a disadvantage to filling up an enemy's resolve bar and making them immune.

two long-stuns and you've made someone immune. It takes some skill to prevent your enemy from getting free immunity.

Edited by Falensawino

Here is the problem with people like you. You don't pay attention to the content that is available in the game. There were these things called planetary commendations...Then you go to the fleet and go talk to this amazing npc called the item modification vendor. I leveled multiple alts to 50 and never spent a dime on mods and had my gear fully up to date in blue mods with every planet I visited. It wasn't that hard, but people like you are too lazy to even do that small amount of work. All you want is "gimme ez mode now!!!!!"

Now the game is so busted that every garbage pvper suddenly thinks they are amazing when in reality they are still terrible because while they think they are amazing 2 shotting everyone, they are getting ninja capped behind them because the baddies still don't understand the meaning of team based WZ's.

Neither did I.

Planetary coms/mods IF you level in pve will get you like 12-13 k health and 500-600 dmg with CRAP bonus dmg IF you keep them current.

Against 17 k health (some actually went all out at 49 and have like 19 k lol), augmented, 1000 dmg plus, 600 bonus dmg twinks.

I don't know what server you play on, but we had a ton of these idiots running around in PREMADES.

You talk about "2 shotting" that is exactly what the twinks did, with new players having no chance to fight back.

In the BEST CASE scenario where they modded perfect (a new player) they still had 1/3rd less health and hit for half as much. Yeah that was fair brah.

I have slicing on every char you imbecile, I could have twinked every 50 I "main" (4 of them) while leveling with millions to spare lol, except the first one. I didn't do it because it is just stupid. All it does it make people quit, and hurts the games growth.

LOL at you thinking "I want it easy". No, I want the game to grow and get better. I have 4 min/maxed toons and I would hardly call that an achievement with legacy gear/dailies/weeklies making it easy.

Now go get rolled by f2p's you scrub.

Edited by biowareftw

How did they screw long time subs? WH/EWH is going to be the best at 55. You will STILL have a gear edge. They have said this, I don't know like 500000000 times?

The only complaint you could have is low level warzones. Gear shouldn't matter until endgame. It was stupid. Who the hell in their right mind is going to spend a 500 k every few levels just to compete with no skill, scum twinks?

Not to mention? As a vet you have another advantage. Heal pots/adrenals. You know about these and new players don't. You also know (I hope) how to play your class.

Can a new player afford heal pots/adrenals? Nope they sell them IF they even know about them. Can they afford twink gear? Nope. They had no chance. Twinks were killing the game.

Now if you are someone who doesn't want to buy the expansion and just wanted to farm kids forever at 50? Sorry ain't gonna happen. That would be the worst business model in the world.

You can't twink anymore, get over it. Everything else is the same with the exception that "recruit gear" might be a little better.

The naked bolster thing? They are fixing that.

The guy you quoted had it right. The f2p players can only get into so many warzones so they can't get the gear, so bioware just ***** on the rest of us and gives it to them... Why>? Because sometimes these people buy things off the CM and it is money.. Well I'm not gonna stand for it. If they are gonna take away my end game , I may leave game.

Also, there is more than just naked bolster, if you add pve raiding gear to that naked bolster you get better stats. If you add pvp gear to that naked bolster your stats go down substantially.. This is not fair at all. Also, there should be a worth while reward to this whole pvp progression thing, and if they just give all the stats away , what is the reward?

When I played in my recruit gear I didn't feel like I was being ROFLSTOMPED, also it was a time to learn how to survive with my class and how to play my class, now all that is gonna be taken away. People will be jumping into the warzones not knowing **** about their class and not caring , because there really isn't a point to pvp anymore. It's nothing but a side game.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

Neither did I.

Planetary coms/mods IF you level in pve will get you like 12-13 k health and 500-600 dmg with CRAP bonus dmg IF you keep them current.

Against 17 k health (some actually went all out at 49 and have like 19 k lol), augmented, 1000 dmg plus, 600 bonus dmg twinks.

I don't know what server you play on, but we had a ton of these idiots running around in PREMADES.

You talk about "2 shotting" that is exactly what the twinks did, with new players having no chance to fight back.

In the BEST CASE scenario where they modded perfect (a new player) they still had 1/3rd less health and hit for half as much. Yeah that was fair brah.

I have slicing on every char you imbecile, I could have twinked every 50 I "main" (4 of them) while leveling with millions to spare lol, except the first one. I didn't do it because it is just stupid. All it does it make people quit, and hurts the games growth.

LOL at you thinking "I want it easy". No, I want the game to grow and get better. I have 4 min/maxed toons and I would hardly call that an achievement with legacy gear/dailies/weeklies making it easy.

Now go get rolled by f2p's you scrub.

My last alt I leveled before 2.0 I had 15k+ hp from level 20-49. I reached about 16k in the late 30's simply by gearing out through planet comms. Granted I used high end over high main stat mods but hey, it was worth it and I had zero problems killing the occasional 49 twink I'd run across because simply put, most people who do that are terrible at the game.

Simply put buddy, you are lazy, and you want an I win button just like everyone else who supports the current broken bolster system.

My last alt I leveled before 2.0 I had 15k+ hp from level 20-49. I reached about 16k in the late 30's simply by gearing out through planet comms. Granted I used high end over high main stat mods but hey, it was worth it and I had zero problems killing the occasional 49 twink I'd run across because simply put, most people who do that are terrible at the game.

Simply put buddy, you are lazy, and you want an I win button just like everyone else who supports the current broken bolster system.

HAHAHA. Yeah right. Were you in a tank stance? Derp.

Yeah brah I am lazy. Min/maxed 4 chars. Want to log on POT5 and meet them all? I named them in another thread. They are all well over rank 60 valor (not that I care, cus it means nothing). I pvp'd with all of them from 40-45 to cap ranked.

I had no problem killing idiot twinks. I however am not a first time MMO player, in which case it was just dumb.

Now name me off all your rank 60 and up chars brah! I guess you are too lazy! Nah not lazy, cus it isn't some grand achievement, you are just too dense to realize why they made this change...

Gear mattering before endgame in pvp is dumb. It has always been dumb. Twinks in WoW were dumb. It was done by low skill people, who only wanted to pvp with a few keys, while wrecking other peoples fun. WoW didn't care because they had no competition. SWTOR does. BTW? Wow is copying a flat resilience from SWTOR. So yeah...now they have some competition? They have to remove the broken stuff, that can turn away potential subs.

Edited by biowareftw

I never twinked out my characters, but I kept them up in equal level gear when I PvPed. Problem is that people without the extra income or time couldn't do this. It gave me a huge advantage over those players just because I had the ability to keep my gear up to date.

I know, "lol smash monkey", but I could put out the same numbers on my engi sniper and madness sorc in that bracket. As fun as it was to be the big kid on the playground, the new bolster system is way better for 10-54 for a good and fair fight. Gear shouldn't be the end all in that bracket because only people that could fund their characters could do it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.