lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

The issue of empty Modification slots Bolstering incorrectly is a bug and will be fixed on Tuesday with Game Update 2.0.1. The delay in my response is that I wanted to be sure that it was a bug and when exactly it would be fixed so I could report that information to you guys, hope that helps.

Thanks!

-eric

Eric... you guys still don't get it.... bolster don't have a place in lvl 55 pvp....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this aspect, it IS a buff for PvEers with no PvP gear, because instead of having 70% of max expertise and awful gear, now you have 70% with your best PvE gear.

That makes perfect sense. But that's not a 30% decrease in overall effectiveness, which is what I read the dude's post to say. That's utilizing the Expertise stat alone to level the playing field.

Its not just bolster thats screwing PVP its also the new alacrity changes basically Bioware now gives players a legit method of running a accelerated process.

And of course that obviously is the best method to promote a balanced game.

Expertise has and always will unbalance the game, PVP shouldn't be about gear it should be about the skill of the players and their team.

All the elements that unbalance the game should be removed and a proper baseline set to balance the game again, you don't bork the entire game to make poorly engineered elements work you remove them, you made alacrity basically the only way to go, and with every patch push pvp further and further out of balance in a attempt to bring in more gear with ever higher stats which pushes the game ever further away from the balancing point.

There should be armour you can pve in and pvp in, a crafting system and a economy thats actually worth a damn and PVP thats balanced and at a pace thats enjoyable for the player thats based on skill of the player and their team not the gear they are in.

Also matching should also try to form teams where each team has similar ammounts of healers or none at all on both sides.

Its long overdue Bioware wake up and start making some serious inroads into the enginering shortfalls of this game and turn this single player game with multiplayer, and into a MMO as it should have been.

there is no big diffrence between the 2 type of pvp gear i think this game is not about gear i always use the lower tier of gear in pvp and its fine i can kill better geared ppl easily and i usualy do the best dmg heal if that matters gear need anyway i mean customize your gear is part of you skill because its about your spec and playing style for example: there is class what dosent need crit just power and things like that.

Uh, excuse me?

"I can't do hard operations in PvP gear" -- guess what? You can do SM operations through the groupfinder. You can ALSO do HM FPs.

If they remove bolster and stop PvE-geared people from queueing for WZs, they need to ban all players wearing a single piece of PvP gear from running ANY PvE content.

Ontop of that -- PvE gear is meant to be below PvP gear at all points. Once they fix this on Tuesday, it will be no different than giving out a free set of recruit gear -- without actually having the gear.

yes SMs, i said HMs. As a pve player you have almost the same stats without do a sigle wz as a pvp player who worked alot on his gear and you can do all the warzones but if you re a pvp player and you have the best pvp gear you just can do half of the pve content cuz you cant do hm operations and you have to work for your pve gear as much as a pve player to do hm operations then make a bolster for operation too please

Eric... you guys still don't get it.... bolster don't have a place in lvl 55 pvp....

Yeah, remove Bolster from 55 pvp, great idea. Have fun dinging 55 and getting blown up in 2 gcds by a powertech. A powertech, for pete's sake! O, the humiliation!

Instead of recruit gear, they are using Bolster. It's a good idea that is taking an embarrassingly long time to implement properly. Deal with it and move on.

Suggestions about removing expertise are equally stupid. PvE Carebears turn into Grizzly Bears when you trivialize their progression.

Yeah, remove Bolster from 55 pvp, great idea. Have fun dinging 55 and getting blown up in 2 gcds by a powertech. A powertech, for pete's sake! O, the humiliation!

Because no one can max their commendation limits by 55, right? There's NO WAY you can come into your first lvl 55 WZ with 3 quarters of your slots filled partisan. :rolleyes:

If you hit 55 unprepared, tough luck.

Instead of recruit gear, they are using Bolster. It's a good idea that is taking an embarrassingly long time to implement properly. Deal with it and move on.

Suggestions about removing expertise are equally stupid. PvE Carebears turn into Grizzly Bears when you trivialize their progression.

I respectfully disagree. It would have been much easier to implement a BETTER Recruit option for 2.0, which would have higher main stats and lower expertise overall, but nothing gross like it was before. I could live with having 20-22K health but lower expertise (compared to Partisian/Conq) as opposed to having this bolster debacle. The gear grind is nothing like it was back in the day, even to casual gamers it's quite simple to obtain Reg comms gear. Bolster has done nothing but break PvP, at the expense of not just re-optimizing the Recruit. If they upped the Recruit to have +/- difference between what WH/EWH was...there would have been much less frustration.

Edited by Pistols

First off, it is not a stupid suggestion. You simply just do not understand it so you get defensive. Bolster and expertise if taken out of the game would solve all of this complaining because it would bring pvp to a class stat and actual skill based community. Let me be clear, there is no skill required in me stun locking someone for 8 secs and dropping their 25k health in that time. NONE. I can do it others can do it. it does not promote skill. The resolve bar is a whole other issue that I could really waste a lot of time analyzing.

The issue of empty Modification slots Bolstering incorrectly is a bug and will be fixed on Tuesday with Game Update 2.0.1. The delay in my response is that I wanted to be sure that it was a bug and when exactly it would be fixed so I could report that information to you guys, hope that helps.

Thanks!

-eric

long live bioware !

Let me be clear, there is no skill required in me stun locking someone for 8 secs and dropping their 25k health in that time. NONE. I can do it others can do it. it does not promote skill. The resolve bar is a whole other issue that I could really waste a lot of time analyzing.

you re doing something wrong if you can be killed in 8 secs by 1 player anyway nobody can stun lock you for 8 secs cuz even an operative just have 1,5 sec open stun and 4 sec normal stun. if u re fighting against more players then its normal just a healer can save you and tank who taunts your attackers.

Thanks!

-eric

<Will not be holding breath in anticipation for this "fix" :rolleyes:

Thanks!

-eric

I realize you're simply the messenger Eric, but...

I think waiting until Tuesday is 100% unacceptable. This should be a priority fix, a server shut down in the middle of the day fix. You were able to shut the servers down twice in one day to fix Ilum grinding by low level peeps, which had minimal effect on anyone but the individual players, not a core group/playstyle...imo, this is exponentially more important to priority fix.

Because no one can max their commendation limits by 55, right? There's NO WAY you can come into your first lvl 55 WZ with 3 quarters of your slots filled partisan.

Setting aside that you are not going to fill 3/4 of your slots with full comms (and forgetting that it's dumb to expect people to grind out max comms instead of leveling on a brand new planet), it just sounds like you want to make sure there are always a few people around that you can obliterate, and use "they should have been more prepared" as an excuse.

I respectfully disagree. It would have been much easier to implement a BETTER Recruit option for 2.0, which would have higher main stats and lower expertise overall, but nothing gross like it was before. I could live with having 20-22K health but lower expertise (compared to Partisian/Conq) as opposed to having this bolster debacle. The gear grind is nothing like it was back in the day, even to casual gamers it's quite simple to obtain Reg comms gear. Bolster has done nothing but break PvP, at the expense of not just re-optimizing the Recruit. If they upped the Recruit to have +/- difference between what WH/EWH was...there would have been much less frustration.

There is a definite argument to be made for the viability of Recruit set in solving the endgame PvP fairness problem. However, after the first one was introduced, I found it was totally trivializing the first two steps of my endgame PvE gear progression. And that kinda rubbed me wrong, to be honest. When Bioware gave away free Tionese, they were just admitting defeat.

An MK-III set like you describe would just re-introduce this issue. The problem isn't the concept of Bolster, but its implementation. If it had actually gone Live working as intended, hardly anyone would have had a problem with it.

First off, it is not a stupid suggestion. You simply just do not understand it so you get defensive. Bolster and expertise if taken out of the game would solve all of this complaining because it would bring pvp to a class stat and actual skill based community.

Without expertise, you'd either have raid gear be the best gear for pvp, or you'd have grindable pvp gear be BiS for endgame raiding, and we both know that neither situation is acceptable to an mmo community. We do both know that, right?

Let me be clear, there is no skill required in me stun locking someone for 8 secs and dropping their 25k health in that time. NONE. I can do it others can do it. it does not promote skill. The resolve bar is a whole other issue that I could really waste a lot of time analyzing.

you re doing something wrong if you can be killed in 8 secs by 1 player anyway nobody can stun lock you for 8 secs cuz even an operative just have 1,5 sec open stun and 4 sec normal stun. if u re fighting against more players then its normal just a healer can save you and tank who taunts your attackers.

I am not even great pvper and I could stunlock someone with my operative and your dead before you get up unless your getting heals. Back before 2.0 I ran with another op and we simply went from person to person killing them easily. With the changes ops and scoundrels have had a decent dps increase so it will be worse if we have the old system. For awhile it was fun but soon you realized it made you lazy and less skilled.

But that isn't even what is so bad, there are a lot of good teams who focus fire so its just not one stun it 2 or 3. At least now you have a chance to survive long enough to get some heals if your not geared out.

I would say to folks to wait and see what happens after Tuesday patch. It will be a good indicator if the system can be fixed and make most of the folks happy or if it needs to be re-evaluated.

Edited by Burtlebe

Because no one can max their commendation limits by 55, right? There's NO WAY you can come into your first lvl 55 WZ with 3 quarters of your slots filled partisan. :rolleyes:

2750 is the max comms.

Weapon is 1550

Chest is 1425

Pants are 1075

So you can come into it with 2 pieces of expensive partisan gear (weapon and pants, or chest and pants)

Even if we were to look at the absolute cheapest gear to start with- 2 relics, 1100

Bracers 550

Ear 625

That's 2275 to get the four cheapest slots- 4 is not three quarters of 14 unless my math is off.

You are correct- you won't come into your first wz with 3/4 of your gear as partisan, unless you're suggesting that people spend all their rwz comms to gain back a third their worth in regular comms- but I assume you aren't because that would be mind bogglingly stupid.

2750 is the max comms.

Weapon is 1550

Chest is 1425

Pants are 1075

So you can come into it with 2 pieces of expensive partisan gear (weapon and pants, or chest and pants)

Even if we were to look at the absolute cheapest gear to start with- 2 relics, 1100

Bracers 550

Ear 625

That's 2275 to get the four cheapest slots- 4 is not three quarters of 14 unless my math is off.

You are correct- you won't come into your first wz with 3/4 of your gear as partisan, unless you're suggesting that people spend all their rwz comms to gain back a third their worth in regular comms- but I assume you aren't because that would be mind bogglingly stupid.

You can however buy the rwz comms and spend them on conq gear, crazy logic is crazy

:rolleyes:

There is a definite argument to be made for the viability of Recruit set in solving the endgame PvP fairness problem. However, after the first one was introduced, I found it was totally trivializing the first two steps of my endgame PvE gear progression. And that kinda rubbed me wrong, to be honest. When Bioware gave away free Tionese, they were just admitting defeat.

An MK-III set like you describe would just re-introduce this issue. The problem isn't the concept of Bolster, but its implementation. If it had actually gone Live working as intended, hardly anyone would have had a problem with it.

I agree it was the implementation issue, heck think everyone agree minus those uninformed. I guess the bottom line gripe is, why development such a huge undertaking if they simply could have looked at the issues with Recruit in the first place?

"Hey, most peeps hate recruit, let's find out why"...it wasn't so much the expertise on them, it was the disparity between Recruit vs WH vs EHW. The stat changes between WH vs EWH were perfect...it wasn't a ton...but was worth min/max'ing a few things to optimize. The difference between Recruit vs WH wasn't too bad either, but the glowing issue was the health pool. 13.5k vs 18.5k (averages). That's a HUGE blunder.

I think peeps would have been fine with some expertise variations between gear, but the main issue was Endurance and main stat. If they gave those 2 a slight bump on a new Recruit set, bolster wouldn't even have been needed, nor would they have needed to waste their time on figuring out (after launch of it) how to fix it. Maybe if bolster came our right this topic would be moot, but the fact remains...if you can't design a proper system in the time it takes for the next big content push, then find an easier solution until the "new idea" is 100% flawless. Instead, we're repairing as we go, and the PvP gameplay has suffered even more. I guess that bothers me. :(

Either way, looks like we're stuck with bolster, I'm just not overly confident that it will be fixed to the "intended" format they are looking to get, if track record is to be considered anyways. I'm frustrated to no end...excuse my tl'dr rants lol.

You can however buy the rwz comms and spend them on conq gear, crazy logic is crazy

:rolleyes:

You can also do the weapon rotation where you buy up pvp weapons with comms and turn them in to get comms back when you max. pre 2.0 I was able to get ewh weapon and all my wh gear doing this when I hit 50. I recommend a timer running so you don't miss the turn in and eat 10 weapons lol.

You can also do the weapon rotation where you buy up pvp weapons with comms and turn them in to get comms back when you max. pre 2.0 I was able to get ewh weapon and all my wh gear doing this when I hit 50. I recommend a timer running so you don't miss the turn in and eat 10 weapons lol.

My ADD would kick-in and I would totally hose myself lol.

I agree it was the implementation issue, heck think everyone agree minus those uninformed. I guess the bottom line gripe is, why development such a huge undertaking if they simply could have looked at the issues with Recruit in the first place?

"Hey, most peeps hate recruit, let's find out why"...it wasn't so much the expertise on them, it was the disparity between Recruit vs WH vs EHW. The stat changes between WH vs EWH were perfect...it wasn't a ton...but was worth min/max'ing a few things to optimize. The difference between Recruit vs WH wasn't too bad either, but the glowing issue was the health pool. 13.5k vs 18.5k (averages). That's a HUGE blunder.

I think peeps would have been fine with some expertise variations between gear, but the main issue was Endurance and main stat. If they gave those 2 a slight bump on a new Recruit set, bolster wouldn't even have been needed, nor would they have needed to waste their time on figuring out (after launch of it) how to fix it. Maybe if bolster came our right this topic would be moot, but the fact remains...if you can't design a proper system in the time it takes for the next big content push, then find an easier solution until the "new idea" is 100% flawless. Instead, we're repairing as we go, and the PvP gameplay has suffered even more. I guess that bothers me. :(

Either way, looks like we're stuck with bolster, I'm just not overly confident that it will be fixed to the "intended" format they are looking to get, if track record is to be considered anyways. I'm frustrated to no end...excuse my tl'dr rants lol.

I think everyone was bothered by it man so don't sweat it. I just tend to have a broader and more optimistic view and see a lot of benefit in this system if they can get it fixed. Even the recruit gear burnt folks who were already 50. Almost every pvp change has hurt folks. It sucked to finally get battlemaster on a toon to only find out it was nigh worthless when next set came out or the the maxed merc comms I had on a char who hit 50 right as they made them worthless. These are why I hope this system works cause in the future they can easily readjust the values of gears to keep you competitive while you grind new set.

Yeah, but then how would they justify their salaries?