The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Double XP 1-50

WarGame

I have 4 50s, one of them in full BH-Gear with all Hardmode-OPs finished and PvPlevel 71.

My legacylevel is now 29. By the time I reach legacylevel 50 I dont need any EXP-Boosts anymore, cause there will be nothing left to level.

I reached legacy level 50 a while ago but I still have 5 rep classes and 1 imp class to level and I'd love to level them without doing planet side quests

If you don't craft then you shouldn't complain about prices. you don't know how much time and money goes into getting the Blue and Purple mats for skills like underworld trading for armorings.

Oh, trust me, I may not enjoy crafting and I am not refusing to pay for crafted items, I just refuse to pay the overcharged price they are demanding.

I can understand the purple quality stuff costing a lot to craft since the purple quality Underworld Trading materials can be quite hard to find, I tend to pick up underworld trading and treasure hunting so that I can provide the purple stuff to guildies and I learnt via taking scavenging and from the information I have found is that even though the purple quality items should be expensive to craft and buy and profitable to sell, the blue quality however is easily crafted.

I also know that it can be expensive to get there, I have tried the crafting, its easy to do, I admit, but I just find it boring and not really fun, but I know how much things are worth in this crafting system and paying 15-20k per blue quality armouring at level 15 or 17 is just taking the ****, I can get those resources quickly and it certainly doesn't cost even remotely close to 10k, let alone 20k, the crafters are being outright greedy.

Its like a crafter told me that I needed to not only provide the materials from both scavenging and underworld trading, which I am fine with and then he asks for 10k per item crafted, sorry but....no......

Edited by JamieKirby

Spending extra, real cash is ridiculous.

I know right? The time saved leveling though, could be considered priceless. It also would be temporary expenditures. People can be absurd about anything these days lol, but an Optional Cartel dbl exp buff, really isn't hard to comprehend.

I know right? The time saved leveling though, could be considered priceless. It also would be temporary expenditures. People can be absurd about anything these days lol, but an Optional Cartel dbl exp buff, really isn't hard to comprehend.

You'll be able to spend coins on unlocking the legacy unlock (like the rest of them) if you want to pay on top of your sub fee so much.

My point with a high legacy unlock was to ensure people just didn't blow through the game content after they got their first 50. I've been playing since the game launched and I still haven't hit level 50 (I'm at level 42). That's with my main and getting two others to 50 (which I don't use) and another to 28. Like with any of the legacy unlocks, the point of having a CC capability was to bypass the in-game credits and legacy level restriction, however, again, I suggested a high CC value to ensure people just didn't purchase it immediately. I do like the suggestion there should be at least x number of people in the legacy (at level 50) to even unlock it, that should even apply to the CC purchase option as well.

Im not against people having xp boosts but am i the only person who would actualy like a xp drop. Let me explain, i would like to have a setting where i can do every area, thats all missions, bonus areas and be able todo the space missions plus flashpoints when they are relevent without out leveling them.

Now i know thats not for everyone but am i really the only one who would want this.

/signed

I'm able to finish every planet at-level only doing my class and planet chain. It's way too easy to level.

I find it harder and harder to level my alts as I run through the exact same side quests I've already completed many times before, it's horrendous and just slows everything down. I'd definitely pay for double xp to cut the leveling to end game down.

So many people are interested, it's really just a question of how it would be implemented and what restrictions there would need to be. The idea of it stacking with other xp buffs, be it legacy or consumable, would be something else that would need to be considered.

I would like it to be a legacy lock in game, but when I consider the direction this game has taken over the past several months I think the most realistic way for it to be implemented is as a consumable on the cartel market. Perhaps there is a middle ground with that, purchasable on the cartel market after your first 50 (perhaps on each side, or you can only use it on the side you have leveled a character to 50) and have it as purchasable in game at legacy level 40 or 50 server wide.

/signed

I'm able to finish every planet at-level only doing my class and planet chain. It's way too easy to level.

I agree, this has meant that I've blown past a lot of content that I'd like to visit at an appropriate level, and it's happened on multiple characters....

As an experiment, I've started a F2P account, which will probably be a Preferred account soon enough -- this won't have the Rested XP, and is supposed to "take longer" to gain XP -- I'm not abandoning my current subscriber account but I think it could be a nice change of pace, plus allows me to assist my daughter with her own character that is on the subscriber account, without having to commit to pay a subscription.

Just to be clear, I was /signing the comment about actually wanting an XP drop, and not a boost. I'm not sure if that came across properly.

When I made my first character at launch I remember doing everything I could on the first few planets but then by the time Corellia came along I probably did less than 50% of the side missions, which is sad, cuz there's lots of interesting stories to be told.

Now, I *only* do class and planet missions and never bonus series or Heroics, and that is extra sad, cuz that means after my first four Republic characters where I did *some* of the side missions, my next four (all Imperials) I didn't do ANY side missions.

There's just no need to do side missions or Heroics when you put in 2x rested XP and do some PvP and Flashpoints as you level... and let's not forget space missions which give insane XP also.

Just recently, I did EVERYTHING on Makeb on my OG character like I did when I first started and I hit 55 by the time I was 50% done the planet, and now when I do Makeb with all my other characters I'll just be skipping all the side missions again.

TL;DR - Drop ALL XP by at least 25% and get rid of rested XP entirely.

Edited by PetFish

I agree that something like this as a legacy unlock would be good, but why would the devs put time into developing something and then price it out if reach of most players? #2 would be just fine at half the legacy level (20-25), and #4, 1000 CC's for a single character unlock? I'd say half that, or 1000 for an account wide unlock.

No I agree with the double XP for legacy 50 accounts. There currently isn't anything of worth past legacy 10 so that would give added incentive to raise your legacy. Also Legacy 50s usually have a minimum of 4-5 lvl 50+ toons so the grind is kinda tedious. I think price should 1200 CCs (ONLY CCs) PER character. None of that account wide for 1k CCs that would cheapen its value. That way you only unlock on toons you ABSOLUTELY need leveled quickly, and is also a nice reward for players who have put in ALOT of time in this amazing game.

First time I visit this forum and I came here just to suggest that: Double EXP boosts

I was thinking that they would only be available to subscribers or that subscribers atleast were given a discount.

Between several 50's and re-rolls I can't express how much I hate leveling, especially when it comes to an AC I've already leveled once, so I would be more than happy to spend 600 cartel coins for 72 hours of double exp. Those 72 hours would run even when I wasnt online so it would be up to the user to make the best of the time. The cost for preferred players would be 1000 CC. The boosts will be BOP.

I've seen people post that it would hurt the community if people leveled faster. Personally I'd say that it would have no effect on third person because I'm never participating in group missions as I'm leveling anyway. I even made clear to the guild I joined on my latest chat that I only joined because of the +5 % exp boost, take it or leave it.

Edited by MidichIorian

My point with a high legacy unlock was to ensure people just didn't blow through the game content after they got their first 50. I've been playing since the game launched and I still haven't hit level 50 (I'm at level 42). That's with my main and getting two others to 50 (which I don't use) and another to 28. Like with any of the legacy unlocks, the point of having a CC capability was to bypass the in-game credits and legacy level restriction, however, again, I suggested a high CC value to ensure people just didn't purchase it immediately. I do like the suggestion there should be at least x number of people in the legacy (at level 50) to even unlock it, that should even apply to the CC purchase option as well.

Must have 1 50 on each Fraction, with a legacy level of 20-25.

Then give them the option to spend creds or CC to unlock the feature. Either by Legacy Unlock or maybe even just Character Unlock.

They can even restrict it further if they want, and say it can't be used on a character untill level 10.

This would be fair, it would make leveling more alts more friendly. I have no desire to level more than 8 characters right now...one of each class...but with this ability, I'd be tempted to go the route of one of each spec.

Not likely, but tempted enough for maybe a few of the classes. At the very least, Id use it on remaining classes I have (pretty much 3 left to hit 50 and end of class story).

Legacy Level 30 is to high though, why I suggest 20-25.

Just to be clear, I was /signing the comment about actually wanting an XP drop, and not a boost. I'm not sure if that came across properly.

When I made my first character at launch I remember doing everything I could on the first few planets but then by the time Corellia came along I probably did less than 50% of the side missions, which is sad, cuz there's lots of interesting stories to be told.

Now, I *only* do class and planet missions and never bonus series or Heroics, and that is extra sad, cuz that means after my first four Republic characters where I did *some* of the side missions, my next four (all Imperials) I didn't do ANY side missions.

There's just no need to do side missions or Heroics when you put in 2x rested XP and do some PvP and Flashpoints as you level... and let's not forget space missions which give insane XP also.

Just recently, I did EVERYTHING on Makeb on my OG character like I did when I first started and I hit 55 by the time I was 50% done the planet, and now when I do Makeb with all my other characters I'll just be skipping all the side missions again.

TL;DR - Drop ALL XP by at least 25% and get rid of rested XP entirely.

They should have an option to turn xp off for players like you. I however have no interest in doing the same go fetch quests with a different voice over on every planet every time I make a new character.

The vast difference between what you like and what I like is why options are a good thing

• 2 weeks later...

If it ever did happen, I can't help but feel a better method would be to put this is as a slider unlock in the options menu, not as a specific item. Set the default in the middle at 0%, and let people change to anywhere between -100% to +100% XP gain. That way you make one unlock and it can best serve the largest number of people.

As far as restrictions go, I do think it should be pretty costly though. I definitely think legacy 50 (And if not, at LEAST 40). Despite all the people saying how they're not even 30 yet, I think I reached legacy level 50 before I'd gotten 3 characters to level 50. Dailies are an incredibly good source of money (which you need in large supplies to buy anything worth buying anyway) and also offer excellent XP for your troubles. Even more so since 2.0's level 55 dailies.

Given the current development trends, I'd hazard a guess that it would only be available via CC and not in-game credits, where I would suggest a 500CC per character/2000CC account unlocks to be reasonable without being too cheap. If it were available for in-game credits, then I'd suggest 5million (just a little more than a fully upgraded rocket boost perk). And no, I don't have that king of money sitting around. I'd have to go out and grind it like most other people if I wanted it.

However, if they DO put that sort of thing, they would be shooting themselves in the foot, so to speak, because then they wouldn't realistically be able to run a double XP weekend in the same way. Either people end up with +400% xp, or people who paid for it don't get any bonus xp while everyone else gets doubled.