Double XP 1-50

WarGame

I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest this, but I'll throw my two cents in anyway. To me the 25% increase items you guys have are unbuyable. Now if you put in double xp, only useable up to level 50 so that it doesn't interfere with makeb or future pay to play content, I would never level without these boosts if the price was reasonable.

I would prefer the XP boosters available via the cartel market that currently give 25% xp bonus at every xp gain, to be increased to 100% xp bonus at every xp gain.

Having double xp really does lower the feel of gear problems, since you are facing enemies 5-6 levels lower then you and since there is a lack of reasonably priced crafted items on the GTN, this would help with non-crafters that just do not want to pay 5-10x more then what the items they buy is worth.

I would prefer the XP boosters available via the cartel market that currently give 25% xp bonus at every xp gain, to be increased to 100% xp bonus at every xp gain.

Having double xp really does lower the feel of gear problems, since you are facing enemies 5-6 levels lower then you and since there is a lack of reasonably priced crafted items on the GTN, this would help with non-crafters that just do not want to pay 5-10x more then what the items they buy is worth.

If you don't craft then you shouldn't complain about prices. you don't know how much time and money goes into getting the Blue and Purple mats for skills like underworld trading for armorings.

So these past few weeks with double XP weekends have been a blast. After making 2 50s in the past 1.5 years, I was done with that grind and really had no interest in doing it over again. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take full advantage of all the double xp weekends, but I did manage to level a smuggler to 50 and a mercenary to 28. I honestly would love having a double XP perk so that I could level fast, still experience the class stories, but skip the useless planet grind.

My thoughts regarding double XP:

1. Add a new character perk to legacy - Double XP.

2. Make the level requirement Legacy 50.

3. Like the original poster, have it only applicable up to level 50 (obviously a few years down the road, you would adjust it).

4. Make it expensive from whether using in-game credits (1+ million, for example) or Cartel Coins (1000+ CCs).

With this mechanism, players, like myself, could purchase this option on each toon I wanted to accelerate leveling, while leaving me the option to level a toon at a normal pace, if I so wanted. I would actually buy CCs for this character perk.

Edited by smithre

I would happily pay for a Legacy character perk that doubles XP gain (including legacy XP gain) from all sources, always on. The only requirement should be that you have leveled at least one character to 50. Whatever legacy level approximates to 8m regular XP gain (the amount needed to get one character to 50) would also work.

So these past few weeks with double XP weekends have been a blast. After making 2 50s in the past 1.5 years, I was done with that grind and really had no interest in doing it over again. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take full advantage of all the double xp weekends, but I did manage to level a smuggler to 50 and a mercenary to 28. I honestly would love having a double XP perk so that I could level fast, still experience the class stories, but skip the useless planet grind.

My thoughts regarding double XP:

3. Like the original poster, have it only applicable up to level 50 (obviously a few years down the road, you would adjust it).

4. Make it expensive from whether using in-game credits (1+ million, for example) or Cartel Coins (1000+ CCs).

With this mechanism, players, like myself, could purchase this option on each toon I wanted to accelerate leveling, while leaving me the option to level a toon at a normal pace, if I so wanted. I would actually buy CCs for this character perk.

We basically have the same mind on this. You also added something I neglected to address, which is making it tied to legacy level. It should be a potential perk for veteran players, not something for people to blow through with their first 50.

I could certainly live with the option being available through the legacy system for a very large amount of credits as well.

If you don't craft then you shouldn't complain about prices. you don't know how much time and money goes into getting the Blue and Purple mats for skills like underworld trading for armorings.

It's kind of a bad system, unless it was only intended as a way to outfit alts that are being fed by a level 50. The blame for the prices should be on the game design instead of the crafters, but I think it's very fair to say that keeping up with gear via crafted methods while leveling is near impossible unless you are paying for it with a higher level character. Granted purples are a luxury that you don't actually need, but blues are too expensive generally and that's because the game makes the materials cost to much to gather.

Either way I don't really care about the double xp in relation to gear, but it seems to be an added bonus for some.

So much this.

As someone who plays a lot of MMOs and recently came back to SWTOR, the double xp weekends just got BioWare an extra subscriber. Levelling in SWTOR isn't hard or, really, that long, but it is incredibly tedious. Double XP just made it feel so, so much better.

I'd happily pay plenty for this.

I also would love this, though I would say Legacy level 50 is a little high for that. I have a 50 jugg, sent, and sage (from before the double exp weekends), vanguard at 48, sniper at 40, and merc and scoundrel at 33, and I'm still only Legacy level 31. If it required leveling 1, maybe even 2 characters to 50 before it was able to be bought, I think that would be fair, but if it were legacy 50, I'd already have 8 max level chars on my server before I was ever even able to buy it.

I agree that something like this as a legacy unlock would be good, but why would the devs put time into developing something and then price it out if reach of most players? #2 would be just fine at half the legacy level (20-25), and #4, 1000 CC's for a single character unlock? I'd say half that, or 1000 for an account wide unlock.

/Signed

I have been here since day 1 and also find the side mission tedious. I really enjoyed double XP weekend and it boosted my playing time. Locked to legacy level sounds fair. I have 2 lvl 50s and would create many more characters if this was implemented and would be happy to pay cc. I worry that when done with Makeb I won't get slightly bored again, but this would guarantee that I won't.

I have 4 50s, one of them in full BH-Gear with all Hardmode-OPs finished and PvPlevel 71.

My legacylevel is now 29. By the time I reach legacylevel 50 I dont need any EXP-Boosts anymore, cause there will be nothing left to level.

I have 4 50s, one of them in full BH-Gear with all Hardmode-OPs finished and PvPlevel 71.

My legacylevel is now 29. By the time I reach legacylevel 50 I dont need any EXP-Boosts anymore, cause there will be nothing left to level.

Yeah 50 might be abit high, guy has a good idea though linking it to legacy level.

My suggestion...and I'm for this by the way...

Legacy Level 10-20 (those are good points to make it) is a requirement, no buying it earlier than that, with a 50 on both Republic and Empire side. That means the player had a good chance of actually going through all the planets and their side quests.

After those two conditions are met, then and only then can they purchase the double XP global unlock for 1000 CC or 2million Creds.

Could do it as a character perk instead, but I think the global unlock is the better idea, but if a character perk, id make those prices a lot cheaper.

instead of a boost I think you should just get a % xp gain per legacy lvl. Like 1-2% per legacy level. Have it unlock at level 10 legacy. so like legacy 10 is 10-20% or something then increase per level after that.

Yes.

LoL, I made a thread today about this in the wrong section. I would most Gladly pay for dbl exp stims through the cartel market. Unfortunately I missed out on the dbl exp event weekends and would find the new exp stims absolutely beautiful.

I'd rather see it as a 30 mil unlock as a part of the legacy. Would be purchasable with large amount of cartel coins, since it's a legacy thing.

Lmao, that's ridiculous. All it needs to be is a single use, 4 hour dbl exp buff. It would enable the same benefits as the dbl exp event weekends.

Purchase as required with your cartel coins.

Hey! Can we get some developer feedback about this?

Seriously, I know that many people would purchase a double experience buff(3 hours or w/e), through the cartel market. Once again I missed out on most of the dbl exp event weekends and would gladly purchase some dbl exp buffs for my lowbies.

Im not against people having xp boosts but am i the only person who would actualy like a xp drop. Let me explain, i would like to have a setting where i can do every area, thats all missions, bonus areas and be able todo the space missions plus flashpoints when they are relevent without out leveling them.

Now i know thats not for everyone but am i really the only one who would want this.

Edited by Shingara

Yes!!! double XP boosts would be awesome! But it would not be as good as the event if its through using boosts. During the event, you could stack a 25% boost with the double xp (100% boost) and get more.. I would think maybe a legacy unlock, but one that can be turned off or back on. to match the event with boost stacking, it would need to be a 125% boost if using one that is consumable and sold on the CM and NOT stackable with the existing boost already available.

correct?

Edited by Themanthatisi

I would fully support a Legacy LVL 50 unlock. There has been promised perks for reaching Legacy 50. I can think of only a few things, this would be a great step for reaching that milestone. I have 6 50's. I don't have a problem doing just the class missions on new alts. but grinding out all the side missions, no. Having this XP buff works perfect to allow just class missions with a good amount of lower level FP's mixed in, to level your new alt character.

For the 100th time. With legacylevel 50 you will not have anything left to level. I have 4 50s, one of them has seen all Hardmodes available, the other one is PvPlevel 72.

My legacylevel is 28. By the time I reach legacy 50, I will have every character at 50, some of them twice.