Petition: Keep stun-activated skills in the game

NwahsNirom

Pretty simple. I have been fairly active in keeping up with the 2.0 changes, but I only just today learned that Pommel Strike and other abilities that require the mob to be stunned are being removed from the game.

I learned about it through this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616384

Powers at be, I petition you to please keep the skills in the game. More than anything I see no logical reason to take them out. It is a useful skill to use while leveling or doing daily missions against trash mobs.

Thank you.

Yes. They are useless to a couple classes, but incredibly useful to others.

On my marauder and operative they are staples in my rotation (unless I'm healing with my op). They are excellent trash-clearing abilities and a great way to get rid of standard or weak targets without expending way more resources than they are worth. On my marauder I dread clearing large groups of standard or weak opponents as the mobs are too weak to effectively build rage...which makes it harder to kill them. :p the stun abilities help with that.

Keep them. People don't have to train them if they don't want to. But they are very useful for PvE leveling tanks, and just fun to use on other classes. It's not like they cost extra to maintain now that they're in-game. Who does it hurt to keep them?

Pretty simple. I have been fairly active in keeping up with the 2.0 changes, but I only just today learned that Pommel Strike and other abilities that require the mob to be stunned are being removed from the game.

I learned about it through this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616384

Powers at be, I petition you to please keep the skills in the game. More than anything I see no logical reason to take them out. It is a useful skill to use while leveling or doing daily missions against trash mobs.

Thank you.

They are doing this to hopefully further balance PvP, and they have little to no use ever in Ops... in leveling if you are honestly using this, then you would probably be not using you most effiective rotation for that class, i dont think these would ever be used in a rotation, and have too specific requirements for when they are used. I hope they go, I dont even have them assigned on any of my toons (Actually my main is the only one I purchased it for, I just saved myself the credits on the rest of my toons and didn't buy them).

No Petition needed, they are removing them for a good reason, and they are not going to change it now, if you people who were complaining about this sooner than maybe, but this has been on the PTS for awhile before.

Signed. No one makes you use things you don't like, but a lot of us enjoy them. Not only did I find them so useful that I used them in almost every fight, but I thought they were fun as hell. I'd be willing to bet that the people who don't like them are players who want to be able to apply a rotation without observation or thought. Which is fine. Just leave it there for people who enjoy combat that has a little more to it. Edited by errant_knight

For some classes, these abilities are great with stun based openers in leveling situations. Granted they may not have as much use in end game, but the road there grants many options for you as far as play style is concerned. If you feel it clutters up your action bars, you don't need to train these skills or bind them.

/signed

They have metrics that showed people weren't using them often. It's a method of keeping the # of skills on our bar to a manageable level.

People weren't using them often because you can only use them against stunned target. Did they break down the percentage of use against weak NPCs? I bet it's a fairly high percentage.

Either, seems like since it's in the game there's no reason to take it out. If you're worried about players getting confused or filling up their toolbars, it seems like less work to through in a tooltip or player tutorial about the subject. Everyone wins.

They have metrics that showed people weren't using them often. It's a method of keeping the # of skills on our bar to a manageable level.

Then the people reading the metrics are really thick. Of course they have a reduced usage. They've got long cool downs themselves and they're also limited by the cooldowns of other skills.

Killing the droid mobs while playing a Watchman. Stun the blue, leap at a weak enemy, overload saber, zealous strike then merciless strike kills the first. If the second is in range Master strike kills that, with blade storm followed by pommel strike killing the third. If the second is outside range, reverse those two.

Take a breath for cooldowns, then run through a standard rotation to kill the strong droid.

I vote to get rid of them. Artificial complexity and ability bloat don't make for interesting gameplay.

you dont have to train or use them if you dont know how to use them. (thats right - they are not useless. you just dont know how to make use of them, or your play style doesnt require them)

You can also take them out of your quickbars if you dont use them - ability bloat problem solved!!

dont seek to deprive those who actually like to use them just because you dont use them...

They are doing this to hopefully further balance PvP, and they have little to no use ever in Ops... in leveling if you are honestly using this, then you would probably be not using you most effiective rotation for that class, i dont think these would ever be used in a rotation, and have too specific requirements for when they are used.

Further balance PvP? You can't even use these powers in PvP, so how exactly does taking them out help balance PvP?

You can't use them on Ops bosses, but they are just as useful clearing trash in Ops as they are for clearing trash when leveling. On my guardian, if a group has a lot of weaks or lieutenants I am always, always hitting opportune strike right after I leap. It's just free high damage that shouldn't be passed up. Say a group has 3 mobs, two weaks and 1 lieutenant. I leap to one of the weaks, Opportune strike, force sweep and he's dead. The force sweep stunned the second weak, so you Pommel Strike him and he's dead. All at no focus cost. Then you're free to unload on the lieutenant with your rotation.

And speaking of "rotations," these powers were always intended to be leveling aids for quickly getting through packs of weaks. I can't remember a single time while leveling and clearing trash mobs when I was honestly *that* worried about using an optimal rotation. Suggesting that using these powers interferes with an optimal rotation is reaching a little bit. Optimal rotations are needed when you're fighting for a prolonged period on a boss with loads of HP that has to be killed in as little time as possible. On mobs that have less than 20k health...well, they die too fast for any rotation to even come into play. I promise that the rotation mentioned in the previous paragraph is faster for taking out a group of weaks than any single target rotation. Note: single-target. A smasher would just smash them all to hell, heh.

I'm honestly not too worried about these powers staying or going, but just wanted to point these things out. However, losing Tumult on my sage will get rid of one of the best "tricks" in the game to make a sage more Jedi-ish: Project from 30 meters-> Force Speed to mob hit by project-> jump as you get to them-> FLYING WHISPER KICK! :)

Edited by Parthenon

You got my vote

It's funny to me that people actually say ability bloat. lol

It's not very hard to drag something off of your hotbar. (like force slow) These abilities are useful if you're a creative player and not a four button smasher. Tumult is the one that sucks the most to lose, imo. As an assassin I use that right after each Spike, Electrocute, or someone else's stun. It's good damage and looks awesome. lol again at ability bloat, I like having a lot of abilities, it doesn't handicap me like it does some.

I vote to either get rid of them completely, or replace them with one ability that is available whether the mob is stunned, dazed, knocked down, rooted, or whatever else, and which works on all mobs and players instead of just weak and normal mobs.

As the abilities are right now, they just add a few useless options to our already bloated bars.

I don't mind the loss. They were useful, yes, but I won't miss them either. I'd maybe suggest giving all classes a skill somewhere in the third or fourth tier of one of the trees, to "upgrade" some other ability to deal increased damage against stunned targets. That should yield a similar net result and thus work as an acceptable and optional alternative.