Planets That Need To Be Added

sir_star_wars

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an awesome idea.

I don't know much about the storyline, but is there any reason no one has mentioned Rattattak yet?

Other than that, we need more space stations. Maybe one that had mini-games, or even a planet-like space station with outposts and npc enemies and the like. Perhaps even some sort of PVP space station.

That's my wishlist.

-mandolore

as a massive fan of the mandolorians and their lore i belive this would make an amazing planets ecspecially since mandoloriaans are woven quite alot through the bounty hunter storyline. bw think since when does a whole nation operate from one small enclave rathers than their capital world. DUH!

Kashyyyk!! - Yeah there are so many stories they could do for this planet the possibilities are varied and many. Give us Wookies as a playable race. Wookie BH would rock!!

Yavin IV - I just like the lore of this planet and it could make for some interesting stories, but, it would be hard to write for any of the non-force users since there is no real draw for them to go to a place like that.

Dathomir - No night sisters, but it is still an interesting planet. I am sure that some great gaming could be made from this planet.

Manaan - I like the Idea of the ruins of Ahto City. It would make a good FP.

Iskadrell - An interesting Isolated planet with a race of hostile humanoid cyborg slavers? Sounds like fun to me!!!

I think expanding the list of planets we can travel to is a great idea. I would like to see more varied planets and not just as FPs and Ops.

I'd even go with the obvious just from the KOTOR games...

Dantooine (duh?)

Onderon/Dxun

Telos

Manaan

It would be neat to have a couple space stations as part of a smaller update as well, like how the Pergaus Mining Station was in TSL

YES YES YES YES. Also, I want Lehon.

New planets would be awesome... I wouldn't vote against any suggested so far but would fight for Onderon/Dxun (please insert mission where you have to tame a beast on Dxun and ride it to Onderon when their atmosphere's overlap like in the Bane Trilogy ) and Kashyyyk. Those would really make my day...

Endor. Because Ewoks.

Felucia.

Maybe Raxus Prime...?

Ideas that I've seen and really want:

Yavin IV

Bespin/Cloud City.

Naboo. Because Gungans.

Kashyyyk. Because Woookiees. :w_cool:

I was thinking Endor, Felucia, and Raxus Prime my self. I think Raxus has a lot of potential. Naboo I think could still be done and keep with canon, surely the Empire and the Republic had some help in settling a new world. Kashyyk I think is a no-brainer and would maybe be a great time to introduce Wookies as playable toons.

Hey

I'm not much of a complainer normally, but I know that there was another thread about playable species. Don't think it was taken down, but whatever.

Clearly people want to be wookies. That's cool, but I see one problem:

Even if you could get past the fact that all your fur would be under armour, and your wookiee somehow speaks perfect english, there is still one thing that bothers me: body type 4.

I mean, who wants to see a fat wookiee

Planet Ideas:

Kuat- A Republic Core World famous for its production of war vessels for the Republic's Navy. Perhaps the Empire has infiltrated the Kuat Drive Yards and is conducting industrial espionage and subversion work and the Republic has to weed the Imperial Agents out before the they lose one of their primary producers of military material? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kuat

Kessel- An asteroid world which houses one of the Republic's most hellacious prisons. It could possibly be a Warzone or have a prison-break plot. Overall, Kessel needs more lore. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel

Vendaxa- A harsh and dense jungle world of the Expansion Region. Perhaps this could be a warzone... An Imperial Listening Post or somethin'? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vendaxa

Taanab- An Inner Rim Agriworld with lush open plains and waterway canals. A Republic world which could be threatened by it's pirate-world neighbor Norulac. This could be a simple save the food source plot or perhaps the pirates of Norulac could have Imperial backing? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taanab http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Norulac

Sleheyron- A Hutt trade world notorious for its slave trading and refinement of Tibanna gas. Perhaps this world could be a source of contention between the Republic and Empire seeing as Tibanna is a rare resource... Add some intrigue and some slave-trading... BOOM you've got yourself a world. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sleheyron

Any thoughts?

A new space station would be nice. It could partially be a copy of both the both Fleet Space Stations - but include lots of layers and areas.

It would be a perfect way to indiduce the Adventure genre there. Plus, many possiblilities for skills (scavenging, archaeology, etc. - and both combined -

- for example. dialog checks with Underworld Trade while talking to underworld traders lurking in the corners ;) - if successful, these dialog checks could give the same materials - depending on the choice of topic the talking is about - like Underworld Trading as a Crew mission would.

What would also be nice would be to

a) have a mixture between Imperial & Republic designs there (since this space station is strictly NEUTRAL)

b) have small PvP arenas there , somewhere

c) become a spectator of a Huttball match by watching through transparisteel windows.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Here are my top 10 planets I would like to see in the future of this game, most of which are from the movies.

10. Bespin

9. Dac

8. Dantooine

7. Kamino

6. Manaan

5. Naboo (Yeah lets bully an ancestor of Jar Jar Binks) XD

4. Yavin 4 (Not a planet but is a very important part of lore)

3. Mustafar

2. Kashyyyk

1. Geonosis

Hey

I'm not much of a complainer normally, but I know that there was another thread about playable species. Don't think it was taken down, but whatever.

Clearly people want to be wookies. That's cool, but I see one problem:

Even if you could get past the fact that all your fur would be under armour, and your wookiee somehow speaks perfect english, there is still one thing that bothers me: body type 4.

I mean, who wants to see a fat wookiee

Besides, The wookies in this game just isn't Tall or big and stalkie enough, i like to see a Taller and Bigger Model for the Wookies in this game before i want to see them as a playable Species.

I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on what planets I think should be added. It wont ruin the game if they arent:

Kashyyyk After being freed from slavery merely 3 centuries ago, i doubt the empire could even get close to this plenet in this timeline. And the wookies only recently joined the galaxy in general, and are not really mebers of the republic yet either.

Naboo Only a very new (also around 300 years) colony, apparantly not much contact with the gungans, and seemingly very spread out settlements. No real value so no point in any of the factions coming here.

Kamino Hardly known to anyone in the galaxy at this time (or any other time for that matter).

Geonosis This is the only one i would even consider worth including. Decent neautral ground for both factions, mainly a gladiator world so it could be a good focus for some PvP content, but also some decent intrigues for PvE.

Mustafar Currently still in a major global cataclysm, the instability of the planet would make it a poor choice to include in the game.

I know these are all classics, but it would be amazing.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

I strongly disagree. (my reasons are included in the quote in red)

Most of these planets would make poor inclusions in the game in any other form than a flashpoint or maby an operation.

And even then some of them would make little sense other than fan favour (and we have enough of that).

Why not have more new planets instead?

Why this incessant fixation on a few of the millions of planets in the known galaxy of star wars?

Its pretty silly to have all the major events of all time take place on the same few planets.

Better to include some unknown or little known planets instead.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I'd like to see the Voidstar - complete, big, huge, and filled with NPCs - both of the imperial guards (defenders) and of republic invaders (slicers etc. ).

Well made out, it would be as big as a small "planet" in its own right (I'm thinking of the size of Quesh here).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 5 months later...

It will be exciting about what planets we will see for the new Star Wars trilogy 7 - 9.

I want to see new planets in the new films and they will be added in the future for this game.

Yavin IV, Geonosis and Kashyyk would be next for next year to be added into the galaxy map.

What about Utapau and Rhen Var?

What about Blenjeel?

It's a planet that was introduced in "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy", it's a desert planet with sandworms as the only known creatures to roam it. It has lighting storms during the day, and has been marked as a "Stay away" planet by the Republic.

This wouls be a great way for the EU to add more content, I mean if you go to the Wookieepedia page of Blenjeel, it's just a few lines. It has potential.

Edited by Zerex_Kildron

Regardless of which planets are added, I'd like to see more planets that take place at night or during the late evening during sunset, because right now, aside from those with heavily polluted atmospheres, every planet is bright, sunny, and in the middle of the day except for Imperial Taris, Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, and Ilum.

A few Planets Id like to personally see and how Bioware could make them play out in TOR.

Osuss - its the Jedis first home after what happened on Tython. Ive always felt like the Lore from the EU made the Jedi seem more spread out, larger then what we were allowed to see in the Movies. And that would be more consistent with what the Jedi were meant to do. You cant provide Peace and Justice for a Galactic Nation when youre nothing more then a sole Church on a sole Planet. The EU provided us with Enclaves and KOTOR kind of backed this up. According to EU Lore this planet was nearly obliterated during the time of Freedon Nadd but through out the centuries remained a place of interest. Introducing a side storyline of rumors of remaining Jedi Knowledge could spur Empire and Republic Recovery Teams. This would obviously result in conflict and this could be another High Level Planet. ( It can also be an opportunity for more FP and OPs for Endgame providing more gear and loot drops of 'Ancient' but powerful Weapons and Armor.)

Yavin 4 - This has been the site of numerous events in Star Wars history and has a long history of playing a part in the larger conflicts of the Galaxy. It would be a nice addition to 'side missions' for the Mid-Level range of Players. Since it has a long standing history with the Sith it would act as the same as Osuss in that the Sith are there to plunder any possible Relics while the Republic is there to attempt to obliterate the Relics and at the same time strike at the Empire. Numerous FPs and OPs can be placed here for Mid and High Level players.

MyrKr - There doesnt seem to be all that much information on this planet besides the interesting life thats evolved there and issues with Criminals taking refuge. But this makes it an opportunity for Bioware to develop some more lore and insight to this place. Maybe the Republic is looking to develop a technology around the Force Bubbles. And the Empire is looking to destroy/steal any research and developments made by the Republic. It be a really nice Endgame addition.

Endor - The movies made the Ewoks cute and cuddly. But the first contact between the Rebels and Ewoks was quite dark. The Ewoks could be expanded upon here with a more gray rather then black and white attitude. And maybe a future doomed group of 'settlers' for the Republic are warring with the Ewoks while the Empire is attempting to establish a Base of Operations there that they can use to further their cause against the Republic.. I know people are going to argue that there wasnt much to Endo in the Movies. And theyre right. Some might even say that it makes no sense for Settlers. But Settlements tend to either succeed or go horribly wrong. And this could reflect how even at this juncture in SW History. Colonizing is still risky business. (A few sidemissions for low to mid level play could end up here. With the opportunity for PvP, FPs and OPs.)

Edited by Foxtrotmikelima