Planets That Need To Be Added

sir_star_wars

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... My thoughts on these...

Kashyyyk- that could be a fun, republic-themed world.

Geonosis- truth be told, I wouldn't be very interested. It's just a barren bug-filled world.

Mustafar- During the old republic era, it's a nice, non-volcanic world. There should however, be a lava-y world

Kamino- I think in the old republic era, it's an ice planet. It melted into an ocian.

Naboo- this world has a lot of possibilities. I can imagine an ENTIRELY unsettled world, besides the gungans. No paths, just trees, and gungan camps that you don't understand their language without a ship droid or HK51 to translate them. It would truly be a fun, and dangerous planet.

I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on what planets I think should be added. It wont ruin the game if they arent:

Kashyyyk

Naboo

Kamino

Geonosis

Mustafar

I know these are all classics, but it would be amazing.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Nice but remember Mustafar was not always a volcano planet. Once a lush green world, Mustafar was home to a Jedi Enclave built around 5,300 BBY so it would most likely be very different in this time zone than what most would expect.

You know what I'd really like to see them do? Open up some of the WZ/OP/FP worlds for exploration. Belsavis, Hutta, Alderaan, Ilum, etc. are in the game as playable worlds, why can't Denova, Asation, Kaon, Cademimu and friends get full planets. In terms of being realistic, it's an easy option. The texture packs and environmental elements needed are already in the game, and the stories already exist. Couldn't be too hard to develop.

By that same token, it shouldn't be hard to create flashpoints, ops, and wzs themed around worlds that don't have them. If I could pick one planet that should get its own FP/WZ/OP based on it it would be Quesh. Something needs to be done to make that place more interesting.

Dagobah. Such a mysterious planet that holds secrets of the force that both sides want access to or want to block access to.

Definitely agree with this -- I would love to visit Dagobah. Would have potential to be a unsettling and interesting location.

I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on what planets I think should be added. It wont ruin the game if they arent:

Kashyyyk

Naboo

Kamino

Geonosis

Mustafar

I know these are all classics, but it would be amazing.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

I would like to see Dantooine and Telos put in the game. My favorite planet from Star Wars has always been Dantooine and I've got KOTOR I & KOTOR II to thank for that. Telos would be nice, but I think Bioware might struggle with a story for it as the planets surface is mostly toxic. I'd like Telos to be a small planet like Quesh. I think Dantooine should be a big planet like Hoth or Belsavis, though.

I would like to see Dantooine and Telos put in the game. My favorite planet from Star Wars has always been Dantooine and I've got KOTOR I & KOTOR II to thank for that. Telos would be nice, but I think Bioware might struggle with a story for it as the planets surface is mostly toxic. I'd like Telos to be a small planet like Quesh. I think Dantooine should be a big planet like Hoth or Belsavis, though.

Although I've voiced my opposition to Dantooine earlier in this thread, after having played through Chapter 4, I'm pretty sure I could get on board with anything at this point as long as they attach a quality story to it. If they did Dantooine, I'd like to see them get aggressively expansive with it. I think it should be the largest planet in the game. And in hindsight, it would actually feel unique, because they don't have a "plains world" yet.

Planets I'd like to see:

Telos: A huge planet in KoToR universe, and I am all for more ties between TOR and its predecessors. Maybe the Sith have some interest in Atriss' old holocrons? Does Carth have any decedents?

Belkadan/Ruuria/Sernpidal: It would be really interesting to see some Imperial aligned worlds. The political dynamics there could make for some really interesting story and fill in the blanks about the Emperor's initial campaign.

Manaan: Maybe not as an entire planet as it is basically destroyed, but a "ruins of Ahto City" Flashpoint could have really cool and different mechanics if done right.

Lehon (Rakata Prime): According to Wookiepedia, Revan had been attempting to help the Rakata regain their connection to the Force before he went to fight the Emperor. Perhaps a subspecies of Rakata is suddenly successful, bringing Revan's expertise and Lehon back into Galactic Focus.

Planets I could do without:

Naboo: Personally...not a fan of gungans. Really, really, not a fan of gungans. Way better planets to put in.

Endor: As iconic of a planet as it is... Kashyyk would make a way cooler forest world.

Edited by Obianon

I can't help but think they might be "hesitant" too add new planets due too copyright or something similar. I doubt SWTOR has free reign too everything in the star wars universe.

Wouldnt it have been easier and more efficient too expand on established lore? I would've liked too see a miraluka world or something. The voss are fine I guess but not really what I cared for.

Yeah time for my 2 cents... :rak_03:

Kashyyyk Yes as a mission planet

Geonoses Yes Open World PVP

Mustafar Yes as a mission planet

Dantooine Maybe, like others have stated not much there...

Onderon/Dxun Possible if there is a good story from it.

Telos another maybe

Manaan Someone else had a great idea about a Flash Point

Dagobah Yes possible story of why its such a dark force planet, jedi story about trying to control the evil there?

Lehon How about a Operation, to find lost force artifacts? End loot could be OP! hahaha :D

These others people choose. Naboo, Kamino, [Yavin IV (hell no)] are not worth the effort IMO OF'C

If Varl was next, it would be pretty cool. I kind of thought the whole Hutt themed story would be limited to 2.0, but if they expanded it into another chapter it would make it a more meaningful story. Imperial faction story could be breaking off the alliance between the Hutts and the Pubs, which would continue the push toward the Empires favor.

They would have to come up with some excuse for going back there though, because as I understand it, Varl is a cataclysmic wasteland without an atmosphere...

• 2 weeks later...
I would die for Kashyyyk. Thats still my all time main one. Perhaps the Empire and the Republic both go there to help the Wookies in an effort to gain their alliance after a possible Trandoshan invasion? So the Republic would not only be facing Imperials, but Trandoshans as well. I would love to see what effect this has on Qyzen. :D OH, and visa verca for the Empire in regards to facing Trandoshans and the Pubs.