Planets That Need To Be Added

sir_star_wars

I would die for Kashyyyk. Thats still my all time main one. Perhaps the Empire and the Republic both go there to help the Wookies in an effort to gain their alliance after a possible Trandoshan invasion? So the Republic would not only be facing Imperials, but Trandoshans as well. I would love to see what effect this has on Qyzen. :D OH, and visa verca for the Empire in regards to facing Trandoshans and the Pubs.

Honestly I am tired of the tired old storyline of "Both factions go to Planet A to collect resource A, or get allegiance of race A"

They need another storyline

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have Kamino as a explorable planet. Water is my favorite when it comes to the 5 elements, so I vote sky-high for it :D

Sky-high. Lol. Made me giggle when you said that after saying water was your favorite element.

Anyways, reading back through to what everyone says, I do personally think that Kashyyk is a fan favorite. I would also like to see if perhaps say a Smuggler and a Sith Warrior go to Kashyyk from 55 - 60, while perhaps a Trooper and Bounty Hunter go to Dantooine from 55-60. Maybe an Inquisitor and Consular go to Kamino, while the Knight and Agent go to, say, Mustafar. Class and Planet diversity is what I want. I hate how when you roll two different classes you end up going to the same planets that you did with your other class. Borrrringgggg.

I definitely agree with;

Kashyyyk

Manaan

Yavin IV

I think these worlds would add a bit more diversity to the galaxy. And for good measure I am going to throw in Muunilinst.

I would also love to see some sort of day/night cycle and weather system implemented, the planets look somewhat boring after a while.

I can't help but think they might be "hesitant" too add new planets due too copyright or something similar. I doubt SWTOR has free reign too everything in the star wars universe.

Wouldnt it have been easier and more efficient too expand on established lore? I would've liked too see a miraluka world or something. The voss are fine I guess but not really what I cared for.

The problem with that idea is the whole "seeing" then world. Their homeworlds only light is infrared, so unless our characters get some kind of special gear, or force seeing, probably cant do that... :jawa_frown:

Anyways, a planet I'd like would be m4-78 (They stole it from us in TSL)

or

Telos. (Someone said it has a gaseous terrain, but isn't that what the restoration project is for? Maybe Large chunks of land aren't poisonous anymore)

This game definitely needs more connections to the old games. I smile every time I see one, and I'm sure I can't be the only one. :jawa_wink:

We need a completely new environment:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121208162910/starwars/images/b/b1/Ahto_City.png

Mannan, my favourite would in KotOR. Imagine, a sea world where you can descend into interconnecting underwater bases. And if they are really clever, you'll be able to exit the bases in a suit as in the original game... ;)

Honestly, Makeb was good but I'm beginning to find a lot of the planets to be fairly drab... They need to go a completely new direction... Some great ideas by the group but ask yourself, is what you are suggesting a significantly new environment?

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

One planet for me, the planet where the infnante empire first ruled from, the planet where Revan was knocked Unconsonance after Darth Malak's attack, the resting place of the Star Forge and the planet to inhabit the last of the Rakata, Rakata Prime a.k.a. Lehon.

Now there's a planet with story that would be very very interesting.

I'm just throwing in my 2 cents on what planets I think should be added. It wont ruin the game if they arent:

Kashyyyk

Naboo

Kamino

Geonosis

Mustafar

I know these are all classics, but it would be amazing.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

I don't mind adding new planets but to be honest I would just as well see them expand the current planets to make them more planet-like instead of a big city experience as most are. Introduce entirely new areas on current planets, be it for the level span the planet is already constructed for, or add more return to previous planet missions for end game characters or something like that.

On that note I really would like to see a better use of the free-for-all pvp zones on Tattooine and Ilum with actual objectives and rewards to fight for and I would not mind seeing these zones being pub vs imp exclusive either.

Edit: why not create new areas on planets to use for Events. It could be a temporary instance or area available only for a certain event. (I know this is a bit unrealistic, as it would probably be too cost inefficient to develop and all that, but I can dream can't I? ^^ )

Edited by Kaerwolf
Added suggestion

I can't help but think they might be "hesitant" too add new planets due too copyright or something similar. I doubt SWTOR has free reign too everything in the star wars universe.

Wouldnt it have been easier and more efficient too expand on established lore? I would've liked too see a miraluka world or something. The voss are fine I guess but not really what I cared for.

The Miraluka homeworld has no atmosphere anymore. That is why the Miraluka are nomads. Their planet is uninhabitable now.

I don't mind adding new planets but to be honest I would just as well see them expand the current planets to make them more planet-like instead of a big city experience as most are. Introduce entirely new areas on current planets, be it for the level span the planet is already constructed for, or add more return to previous planet missions for end game characters or something like that.

On that note I really would like to see a better use of the free-for-all pvp zones on Tattooine and Ilum with actual objectives and rewards to fight for and I would not mind seeing these zones being pub vs imp exclusive either.

Edit: why not create new areas on planets to use for Events. It could be a temporary instance or area available only for a certain event. (I know this is a bit unrealistic, as it would probably be too cost inefficient to develop and all that, but I can dream can't I? ^^ )

I love city planets like Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa, and they have plenty of room even on the existing maps to add new sectors. Additionally, we could have new areas on some of the starter planets (analogous to Black Hole for Corellia or Section X for Belsavis) so that we see more of, say, Korriban or Ord Mantell.

Iridonia - Because Zabrak are awesome

Csilla - Because Chiss are awesome :p

Let's face it, those would be extremes too. Csilla makes Ilum look like Tatooine, and Iridonia would make the Hutts proud due to the number of toxic swamps that are around :p

Manaan. I'd like to see how they're going to make the all underwater theme work because it'll be a shame if they're only going to add Ahto City should they ever consider adding the planet. Edited by Joewrey

Bespin/Cloud City.

Naboo. Because Gungans.

Timeline people, Bespin/cloud city hasn't been built, it's 3000 years before Starwars Episode1.

Naboo is around but humans are only just colonising it, but the Gungan Culture should have some cities, but they'd be at war with all outsiders.