What new classes or ac is being introduced in xpac?

Dozer

I haven't seen any post or videos about the new class and advanced classes. With only 4 classes and 8 AC chooses surely the Devs are creative enough and and put time into making new ones since we are buying a new xpac? A new class with Healer/DPS/Tank Trees would be awesome, and would be a nice unlock for level 55 players. Maybe a new Unarmed Melee class similar to Teri Kasi from SWG. Anyways can't wait to see what new class the Devs are putting out in the Xpac!

I haven't seen any post or videos about the new class and advanced classes. With only 4 classes and 8 AC chooses surely the Devs are creative enough and and put time into making new ones since we are buying a new xpac? A new class with Healer/DPS/Tank Trees would be awesome, and would be a nice unlock for level 55 players. Maybe a new Unarmed Melee class similar to Teri Kasi from SWG. Anyways can't wait to see what new class the Devs are putting out in the Xpac!

Hey Dozer. You again? Wow, two troll threads in one day? You sure are dedicated. Especially for someone who claims to have cancelled his subscription last week.

You know, I almost actually believed you in that last thread, too. Until you posted this one and contradicted yourself. You seem awfully excited about the expansion pack for someone who claims multiple times to have quit the game entirely.

So, are you really so dedicated to trolling? Or are you just really, REALLY bored?

EDIT: Oh, and to answer your question, WoW did it with Cataclysm. Lots of class changes, but no new classes there.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

Wait so in Cataclysm Wow didn't introduce any new classes and they lost millions of subs and that xpac was considered a failure for the most part. The two previous Xpacs they released both introduced new classes and both help the game grow into the giant it is. Didn't they just release another Xpac with a another new class and now are reporting growth on the servers again? Shocking!

Cataclysm cost a lot more and I don't care what they did in WoW or not. Besides, this isn't a full expansion anyways and you know it. You're just trolling for the sake of trolling.

Cataclysm cost a lot more and I don't care what they did in WoW or not. Besides, this isn't a full expansion anyways and you know it. You're just trolling for the sake of trolling.

The Devs never said this wasn't a full xpac, so why are you assuming it isn't? They could have just waited and do some like dev type of things and develop a new class, new WZ's, more new raids/world bosses, more than just one new planet, etc.. Than they could charge $20 for subs and $30 for non subs and give us a real Xpac.

Teri Kasi was awesome in SWG! I loved tanking Rancors with mine ..

As for the new or advanced classes .. unfortunately, Bioware has some really bad developers making some really bad decsions about whats going into the game now a days ..

The Devs never said this wasn't a full xpac, so why are you assuming it isn't? They could have just waited and do some like dev type of things and develop a new class, new WZ's, more new raids/world bosses, more than just one new planet, etc.. Than they could charge $20 for subs and $30 for non subs and give us a real Xpac.

I thought you quit already? Regardless, Galaxies did the same thing, all you got was a new planet with no level increase, and that was considered a AAA MMO. Go back to your bridge.

Hey Dozer. You again? Wow, two troll threads in one day? You sure are dedicated. Especially for someone who claims to have cancelled his subscription last week.

You know, I almost actually believed you in that last thread, too. Until you posted this one and contradicted yourself. You seem awfully excited about the expansion pack for someone who claims multiple times to have quit the game entirely.

So, are you really so dedicated to trolling? Or are you just really, REALLY bored?

EDIT: Oh, and to answer your question, WoW did it with Cataclysm. Lots of class changes, but no new classes there.

Trolling or not - he is only raising valid points ..

Wait so in Cataclysm Wow didn't introduce any new classes and they lost millions of subs and that xpac was considered a failure for the most part. The two previous Xpacs they released both introduced new classes and both help the game grow into the giant it is. Didn't they just release another Xpac with a another new class and now are reporting growth on the servers again? Shocking!

BC didn't introduce new classes - it allowed Horde the Paladin class, and allowed Alliance the Shaman class, through the introduction of 2 new races that were central to the storyline.

MOP (WoW's newest) is pretty boring, the new class they brought with it is only cool until the novelty wears off, which doesn't take long.

An expansion doesn't require a new class in order to be great, just requires that the content is fun, whatever the new content may be. If WoW is synonymous with fun for you, maybe that's the game you should be playing.

The real issue is not that this small expansion won't have a new class. It is, if there will ever be a big expansion or from now on all expansions will be like that?

They are going to nickel and dime you dude, they plan on introducing a new "xpac" every 6 months and charge $10-$20 for it with only 5 level increase and one planet with minimal content.

.... Thats because there isn't any. There is a new race, the Cathar, but thats it.

They are going to nickel and dime you dude, they plan on introducing a new "xpac" every 6 months and charge $10-$20 for it with only 5 level increase and one planet with minimal content.

I would happily pay $15/6 months for a new planet w/ Quests and Story, level cap increase, new crafting items, etc. That is less expensive then most DLC for other games.

Edited by Syas

That would be awesome! Instead of getting a $40 expac every 2 years we get a $10 smaller xpac every 6 months. Especially since beta testers have said Makeb has about 15-20 hours of content plus all the new dailies and weeklies.

Think of it like this: for the price of Cataclysm, for example, you get FOUR new planets with fully-voiced questlines, a 20-level cap increase, four operations, and a whole slew of new abilities and skills. That sounds like it's more than worth it to me.

Just because another game did it and is making money from it doesn't change the fact that there is no new classes in this expansion.

No new classes or AC in RotHC.

You do realise how much work a new class (in fact it would be 2 classes as they are mirrored) would be? It would need 2 new fully voiced class storylines up to level 50.

Advanced classes have a different problem, they cant add them just for 1 class so they would have to add, and balance, 4 new ACs and mirror them for the 4 on the other faction. Again, too much work for a small xpac like RotHC.

Please leave troll, I just know they are putting in a new class, what AAA+ MMO puts out an xpac without a introducing a new class to play?

Lotro added 2 new classes with its first very large expansion, it did not add new classes for the 3 subsequent smaller expansions.

The real issue is not that this small expansion won't have a new class. It is, if there will ever be a big expansion or from now on all expansions will be like that?

Depends how often they come, personally I prefer 1 small expansion each year than 1 big expansion after 2 yesrs.